darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > Nintendo magazine reveals more info about Skylanders spyros adventure!
Page 1 of 1
Nintendo magazine reveals more info about Skylanders spyros adventure! [CLOSED]
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#1 Posted: 09:43:13 06/04/2011 | Topic Creator
Ok well i just got a copy of nintendo magazine from the milkbar, Looked through the index and guess what i saw!.
Info about the game! and well im going to post the whole article but im on my ipod so when i go on a computer tommorow morning (or tonight) i will edit this post.
Music: Hans Zimmer
That's all i can post for now.
ALSO sorry if this is old news smilie.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#2 Posted: 10:35:41 06/04/2011
We knew about the Hans Zimmer stuff, but I'm curious to hear more about this article. smilie Maybe I'll take a look at NP next time I'm at the store.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#3 Posted: 14:35:34 06/04/2011
Nintendo Power? I have a subscription to them. I'm waiting on my next issue.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#4 Posted: 00:25:17 07/04/2011
Quote:

Hans Zimmer is doing the music?
He's one of my favorite composers smilie
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#5 Posted: 00:32:02 07/04/2011
It´s not new infos...thats old....
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
#6 Posted: 00:57:09 07/04/2011
Quote: parisruelz12
Quote:

Hans Zimmer is doing the music?
He's one of my favorite composers smilie

That's old news.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#7 Posted: 18:15:34 07/04/2011
Never heard of Hans Zimmer, what a strange name, Hans? Sounds like Hands smilie
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#8 Posted: 19:00:02 07/04/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Never heard of Hans Zimmer, what a strange name, Hans? Sounds like Hands smilie

It's a German name... Also, go on this page and look at the stuff he's composed. Trust me, having him work on something like a Spyro game is a big deal...
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#9 Posted: 19:04:11 07/04/2011
I was never a huge fan of Zimmer, so it doesn't mean anything to me. But I'm just wondering what he will do for Skylanders.....I'm guessing it will be orchestrated....
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#10 Posted: 02:14:51 09/04/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182
I was never a huge fan of Zimmer, so it doesn't mean anything to me. But I'm just wondering what he will do for Skylanders.....I'm guessing it will be orchestrated....

Hmm. . . If it turns out to be like Super Mario Galaxy Orchestrated. . . then at least the music will get a thumbs up from me.
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
#11 Posted: 02:18:48 09/04/2011
It won't end up like Mario Galaxy's music. Zimmer doesn't really work like that. His music is much more dark and moody. That's actually a good thing.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#12 Posted: 02:29:52 09/04/2011
Not exactly, we hear a bit of the music in the gameplay video when Spyro is going through Sky Schooner Docks. It's at 3:50, and it didn't sound moody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjFSmkp9v-o
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:30:34 09/04/2011 by Aura24
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#13 Posted: 02:39:01 09/04/2011
You mean those bongos playing when Spyro is jumping over those blender saw things? It sounds ok . . . or more likely fitting to what's going on. Still, I'm not one to really get hyped over this kind of stuff. I've said so before, I'll say it again: We'll just have to wait till we play it.
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
#14 Posted: 02:41:56 09/04/2011
Quote: Aura24
Not exactly, we hear a bit of the music in the gameplay video when Spyro is going through Sky Schooner Docks. It's at 3:50, and it didn't sound moody.

Well of course Zimmer isn't going to make extremely dark music when it's a kid's game. That's what also makes me interested in what he can do. The Lion King is the only project I recall Zimmer being involved in that was for kids, rather than teens and adults. So I'm curious as to what he's going to do.
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#15 Posted: 10:59:59 09/04/2011
Quote: CAV
Quote: Aura24

Well of course Zimmer isn't going to make extremely dark music when it's a kid's game. That's what also makes me interested in what he can do. The Lion King is the only project I recall Zimmer being involved in that was for kids, rather than teens and adults. So I'm curious as to what he's going to do.

He composed music for both Madagascar movies,Kung fu panda,Rango,Megamind and alot of other...so yea he actually did alot of scores for animated movies...
#16 Posted: 11:04:59 09/04/2011
If that's the case, then I'm definetly not hyped for his music.

It's not that I hated the soundtracks Madagascar or Kung Fu Panda, it's just that I don't even remember what they were like at all. This is kind of a big disappointment for me, as many of you have probably figured out by now, music is a very important part of what makes me like a game.
---
#17 Posted: 11:57:53 09/04/2011
I loved his score for those movies x) a very nice mix of orchestra and electronic,could be very fitting for Skylanders :3 but it depends smilie

but yeah,the music discussion should continue in the proper thread smilie we're getting off topic
#18 Posted: 12:11:01 09/04/2011
Meh, again, my opinion is still the same. His music is good, but very forgetable to me. It suits the scenes they are used in, but I don't really like listening to them outside watching the movies/playing the games they are used in(referring to MW2).
---
#19 Posted: 14:46:31 09/04/2011
Quote: Kimbia28
He composed music for both Madagascar movies,Kung fu panda,Rango,Megamind and alot of other...so yea he actually did alot of scores for animated movies...

That's news to me.

And for the most part I'm not a fan of those scores. Kinda shows that he's better suited at darker projects.

I just realized that he his music is in 10 different films/games this year alone. smilie
#20 Posted: 15:42:47 09/04/2011
Quote: CAV
Quote: Kimbia28

That's news to me.

And for the most part I'm not a fan of those scores. Kinda shows that he's better suited at darker projects.

I just realized that he his music is in 10 different films/games this year alone. smilie

I don't really see how the fact that you don't like those tracks (which is perfectly fine to me)shows that he's better at making darker projects,as far as I know alot of people love his scores for the animated movies :3 He's a good composer(in both darker and lighter atmospheres) and knows how to make something that suits the mood of the movie/game ,so hopefully he'll do fine with Skylanders smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:48:56 09/04/2011 by Kimbia28
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#21 Posted: 00:27:50 10/04/2011
Yes, Zimmer and the Remote Control Studios team has worked a lot on Dreamworks animated movies, but Hans Zimmer has done a LOT of other types of scores. This is one of my favorite action tracks:

---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#22 Posted: 22:14:49 13/04/2011
For anyone that is interested in the article, here it is, by hand, typed word for word, from my magazine. Why? Because I have nothing better to do:

Quote:
Article name: Go Figure
Action figures and video games, together at last in Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure

Activision will cleverly integrate toys with video games when it releases Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure for the Wii console this fall. The game, a 3D platformer featuring what was once Sony's beloved dragon, Spyro, will allow players to change their in-game character on the fly by placing physical toys (purchased seperately) on a peripheral dubbed the Portal of Power. More than 30 characters/toys will be available, and Activision says each will offer a unique set of powers and abilities to be deployed strategically at the game's enemies, obstacles, and puzzles. Characters will be classified by elemental type: (Earth, Air, Fire, Water, Life, Undead, Magic, and Tech), and each should unlock fresh character specific content in the game.

Additionally, the toys will record the in game exploits of their owners. As players advance, their characters will (in addition to accumulating gold) improve their stats, abilities, and attacks. These upgrades will be saved directly to the toys, allowing players to import their buffed-out characters to friends' Portals of Power for co-op and arena play.

Of course, none of this matters if the game isn't worth playing, but a story penned by Toy Story screenwriters Joel Cohen and Alec Sokolow offers promise on that front.

......Nothing new. smilie
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#23 Posted: 12:56:23 14/04/2011
I'm hoping Gametraders have the magazine in stock so I can pile it on my collection boxes.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me