Page 1 of 1
Since it earns a AAA title. [CLOSED]
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#1 Posted: 20:36:23 03/03/2011 | Topic Creator
Do you think it will be a very good Wii game?

If it comes out on the other systems like the PS3 and other systems like that. Do you think this means that the Graphics will be as good as lair, but in a cartoon like sense. Do you think the game will be better than lair?
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 20:39:12 03/03/2011
It will come on other systems since it was confirmed it will be on 'all viable platforms".

It's still too early to tell, but from the looks of the kids liking the demos of Skylanders at the Toy Fair, I say it's already getting some reception...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#3 Posted: 20:44:58 03/03/2011
By the looks of it, the game is average at best.

I'm hoping that the PS3/360 versions will have Sonic Unleashed caliber graphics.

As for the reception it's getting, it's not great at the moment, but it will pick up.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#4 Posted: 20:50:17 03/03/2011
Quote: Aura24
It will come on other systems since it was confirmed it will be on 'all viable platforms".

It's still too early to tell, but from the looks of the kids liking the demos of Skylanders at the Toy Fair, I say it's already getting some reception...

This.

Although so far, kids seem to really like it, which is a good start.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#5 Posted: 20:53:49 03/03/2011
They're the target audience after all. Ages 6 through 12.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#6 Posted: 20:59:29 03/03/2011 | Topic Creator
Well if that's the case, then we'll have to see what the game looks like on the PS3.
---
Minryu Green Sparx Gems: 155
#7 Posted: 22:49:13 03/03/2011
From what I've heard so far everyone's been really impressed with the technology. The graphics will probably get better, the game is still relatively early on in development. Remember the first screens of DotD and how shiny they were? I'm sure it'll be polished up all nice before its release, though I can see a graphics downgrade for the DS.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#8 Posted: 13:57:57 04/03/2011
I feel as though it's getting pretty modest reception regarding the game itself, and positive feedback regarding the technology. In the end, this game will get somewhat positive reviews so long Toys For Bob doesn't screw up.
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#9 Posted: 16:22:21 04/03/2011
Quote: Minryu
From what I've heard so far everyone's been really impressed with the technology. The graphics will probably get better, the game is still relatively early on in development. Remember the first screens of DotD and how shiny they were? I'm sure it'll be polished up all nice before its release, though I can see a graphics downgrade for the DS.

DotD is still shiny smilie
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
Cynder985 Ripto Gems: 425
#10 Posted: 19:26:00 04/03/2011
I say this game might do fairly well when it comes out.
iSO Emerald Sparx Gems: 3143
#11 Posted: 08:53:49 05/03/2011
They're the target audience after all. Ages 6 through 12.

They also said the game is targeted to video game enthusiasts, and toy collectors as well. Don't forget that! XD
#12 Posted: 21:40:39 05/03/2011
Oh right smilie It'll probably be rated rated E for Everyone.
---
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#13 Posted: 08:50:35 06/03/2011
probaly 'G' for Australia...
#14 Posted: 13:19:42 06/03/2011
Probably 7+ in England/Ireland.
---
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#15 Posted: 13:20:54 06/03/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Probably 7+ in England/Ireland.

+ The rest of Europe...
#16 Posted: 13:22:16 06/03/2011
I think some other countries, like Germany, Portugal and Spain, have a different one though, so I thought it would be best to not say all of Europe!smilie
---
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#17 Posted: 15:32:40 06/03/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182
I think some other countries, like Germany, Portugal and Spain, have a different one though, so I thought it would be best to not say all of Europe!smilie

All of Europe use PEGI, but some games are given ratings by other boards. Like in the UK some of our games are rated by the BBFC, and they tend to be kinder when it comes to rating games than PEGI smilie
#18 Posted: 16:12:29 06/03/2011 | Topic Creator
Well it will be a few more days, then it will be the first month that we knew about the game. As in had official proof. Still this is the beginning of knowing the game officially. You know what LoS; DoTD gave at the beginning of the first month of first appearing. It gave less information, so that means that this game is going to have more to it. Plus it will be on the PS3, so in that case. We have little information from the game, as of now.

Still I'd like to know how good you think the game is going to be on the PS3.

I find it amazing that this is an action RPG though.
---
#19 Posted: 16:29:10 06/03/2011
Quote: Forgotten World
Well it will be a few more days, then it will be the first month that we knew about the game. As in had official proof. Still this is the beginning of knowing the game officially. You know what LoS; DoTD gave at the beginning of the first month of first appearing. It gave less information, so that means that this game is going to have more to it. Plus it will be on the PS3, so in that case. We have little information from the game, as of now.

It's too early to call it an action RPG. It hasn't been advertised as one. We don't know how far upgrades go, and there does not seem to be strategy to the combat at the moment.
---
#20 Posted: 18:39:59 06/03/2011 | Topic Creator
If you don't believe me, then you can look at this.

New update on Skylanders, from a person reviewing his demo of the game! Read the whole thing, there's another paragraph about under the article template! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tec...ok-preview.html

A few paragraphs from the article:

"The speed at which this happens is incredibly impressive. There's no loading screen and barely a second of time between the toy landing on the POP and it appearing in the game. The result is instantaneous; one second the screen is filled with a prompt and in the next, a character appears on the screen. The character can be removed just as easily - which parents will be delighted to hear - simply be whisking the toy off the POP. Up to two toys can appear on the screen at any time, and the game supports two-player co-op and vs modes.

Not only that, but each toy is unique in that it has, what representatives from Activision and Toys For Bob at the demo were calling, a brain. What this means is that any upgrades and abilities the player unlocks and any treasues they collect are saved in the toy the player is using. When I ask about the process by which this has all been made possible, the representatives from Activision and Toys For Bob delight in telling me that it all happens by 'magic'.

While this sounds like a neat gimmick, it's actually just the tip of the iceberg in Activision's new strategy to separate parents from their cash. You see, each of the characters in the planned toy line has different abilities and powers. Some also have distinct advantages over others - Spyro, for example is faster than Erupter (a walking pile of lava) but his attacks aren't as powerful. Also, all the characters in the game are classified by element types (Earth, Air, Fire, Water, Life, Undead, Tech and Magic) and each of these types, in turn, unlock their own challenges and levels. What this essentially means is, the more toys you buy, the more characters you can use in the game and more content you can unlock. The game's replayability is also directly in proportion to the number of toys one owns."

"for a game aimed at young children, Skylanders, boasts an awful lot of depth. Players can enjoy the game with over 30 different characters - who all have their own set of powers - and this equates to a ton of strategic options for players as well as a huge amount of unlockables. It wouldn't be going too far to say that Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure could be seen as 'Baby's first RPG'."

And this, //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/vi...ic=36971&page=8 post 366.
---
#21 Posted: 18:56:04 06/03/2011
I've read that already. I'm not gonna trust that. I've actually seen DotD listed as action RPG once, and at the moment, Skylanders hasn't shown any RPG elements, so we can't say yet.

You want an Action RPG?
Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy
---
#22 Posted: 19:02:18 06/03/2011 | Topic Creator
Well maybe it is too early to tell what it is going to be then.
---
#23 Posted: 19:10:16 06/03/2011
At the moment, I feel it's just a plain action game. A lot of previews say that, and the trailer makes it look like that.
---
Byrn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#24 Posted: 21:39:46 06/03/2011
It kinda reminds me of Fable 3 more of a basis on action with some rpg elements tossed in.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#25 Posted: 23:49:03 06/03/2011
Baby's first rpg lol smilie
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#26 Posted: 02:30:17 07/03/2011
Quote: Minryu

IF it comes out on the regular DS. A 3DS version was confirmed so a version for older models is probably dropped.

Quote: arceustheprime
probaly 'G' for Australia...

I've seen games come out here rated "E".

Quote: Forgotten World

How good? I'd tell you how bad but would be for me on PS3 but I hate console wars and I just can't look at that thing today. smilie Joking, although I do hate it with every flesh and bone.

When it comes out on the PS3 it will be no better than on the other consoles...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:33:40 07/03/2011 by GamingMaster_76
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me