Page 1 of 1
Is it me or? [CLOSED]
spyroGalNicoleX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1582
#1 Posted: 22:50:03 01/03/2011 | Topic Creator
does the name of the new spyro sound very errrm how can i put it....immature?
---
''All I wanna be, is everything at once''
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#2 Posted: 22:52:00 01/03/2011
Meh, I think it's alright. Not the best title, but it does the job.
Would you rather "Spyro and the Monster Gang"?
'Cause it was going to be called that!smilie
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#3 Posted: 22:54:39 01/03/2011
Spyro and the Monster Gang was also Skylanders' test title too, along with Spyro's Kingdom. X3
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
spyroGalNicoleX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1582
#4 Posted: 22:56:39 01/03/2011 | Topic Creator
see they all sound stupidly immature as opposed to the previous titles eg. 'dawn of the dragon'. They've taken spyros masculinity for one. and two it doesnt sound anything to do with spyro?
---
''All I wanna be, is everything at once''
#5 Posted: 22:57:48 01/03/2011
Well, the game is aimed at a new generation of young gamers...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#6 Posted: 23:06:00 01/03/2011
Quote: spyroGalNicoleX
see they all sound stupidly immature as opposed to the previous titles eg. 'dawn of the dragon'. They've taken spyros masculinity for one. and two it doesnt sound anything to do with spyro?

That could be because, oh I don't know, the game isn't meant to be as dark as TLoS? Or because it's aimed at a younger audience? Or possibly, because it's a reboot?
Byrn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#7 Posted: 23:07:37 01/03/2011
This is the year for Sky games it seems.
Spyro and the Monster Gang sounds like a weird Ghostbusters spinoff. ;o
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#8 Posted: 23:42:53 01/03/2011
I don't see what's wrong with it.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
KZomb Yellow Sparx Gems: 1895
#9 Posted: 01:29:00 02/03/2011
It's a kid's game. What'd ya expect?

I see no problem with the name.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#10 Posted: 01:35:45 02/03/2011
^this

Quote: Aura24
Spyro and the Monster Gang was also Skylanders' test title too, along with Spyro's Kingdom. X3

Monster Gang sounds much worse if you ask me.
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#11 Posted: 09:46:03 02/03/2011
For the game that it is even if its "immature" it suits it fine since it IS directed at ...kids.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
spyrobulb99 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1369
#12 Posted: 00:08:35 03/03/2011
im not going to lie. i absolutely LOVVVVVVEEEEE Spyro, but i seriously think they should've stayed with the TLOS series. i mean i woul try the new one and i cant say things because i dont know how it is. but i really think that with an ending like the one i dotd, i would expect a continuation of the series. they've changed all the characters except for spyro, the game will be much more expensive. ive waited 3 yrs. and i really thought it would continue from the ending in dotd, but i may be wrong, the game might be very fun, in my opinion. smilie
---
Cool Story Bro
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#13 Posted: 04:02:02 03/03/2011
I agree with KZomb and CAV. But you may be right spyrobulb, I, in a way, hope so.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#14 Posted: 11:50:11 03/03/2011
It is not the best title in the world but not the worst smilie
spyrobulb99 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1369
#15 Posted: 12:21:21 03/03/2011
Yes true that
---
Cool Story Bro
#16 Posted: 12:56:16 03/03/2011
It's rather difficult to continue LoS. They two main characters got their happy ending, and the advertisements themselves said that DotD was the last LoS game. To continue it would've been to have lied. And not to mention LoS did sell well since either:

1. Most kids didn't like the dark setting.
2. The parents didn't like the dark setting and didn't want to take any chances.

Not to mention lackluster critical reception also hurt the sales that the games would make. In the end, LoS didn't work, and they had to reboot the franchise again to a brighter setting, in an attempt to gain more sales. The toy idea will also help sales, and hopefully the sales will make it up for the poor sales LoS had.

But they had to reboot the franchise. It was either that, or end the franchise altogether.
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#17 Posted: 17:09:03 03/03/2011
Spyro's Kingdom was my favourite name, but it reminds me too much of TLoS... So SSA, all the way!
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#18 Posted: 18:00:37 03/03/2011
Quote: spyrobulb99
im not going to lie. i absolutely LOVVVVVVEEEEE Spyro, but i seriously think they should've stayed with the TLOS series. i mean i woul try the new one and i cant say things because i dont know how it is. but i really think that with an ending like the one i dotd, i would expect a continuation of the series. they've changed all the characters except for spyro, the game will be much more expensive. ive waited 3 yrs. and i really thought it would continue from the ending in dotd, but i may be wrong, the game might be very fun, in my opinion. smilie

DotD recieved bad reception and Negative responses from many fans, complaining about Plot Holes and Errors.
Continuing the direction they went would end badly.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#19 Posted: 19:09:11 03/03/2011
Quote: Malefor0001
DotD recieved bad reception and Negative responses from many fans, complaining about Plot Holes and Errors.
Continuing the direction they went would end badly.

What's ironic is that DotD was made using suggestions made by the fans. EL and Activision listened to the fans and that's how they got the game.

And people say that Activision needs to listen to the fans. I didn't know people wanted another DotD.....
#20 Posted: 19:59:06 03/03/2011
If I may ask, what exactly were the fan suggestions put in the game? If it was flight, I don't see the problem.
---
#21 Posted: 20:02:51 03/03/2011
It's obvious. The SpyroXCynder relationship is one of the fan suggestions..
---
#22 Posted: 20:09:56 03/03/2011
Quote: Aura24
It's obvious. The SpyroXCynder relationship is one of the fan suggestions..

Yeah, but I mean gameplay...

If people are angry at the game for SpyroxCynder, then that is even worse than hating Skylanders for Spyro's new design...
And SpyroxCynder looked like it was going to happen anyway, so...
---
#23 Posted: 20:26:59 03/03/2011
Not really. I enjoyed LoS' storyline in the first two games because they were enjoyable. Romance isn't really necessary in a game featuring young dragons probably less than even the teen stage of their lives. When romance was brought into DotD, it basically screwed up the whole game for many fans both LoS and non.

Hating a videogame appearance however.... Is very shallow. Honestly, if people can get used to DotD Spyro, I have no idea why they can't do the same for this Spyro.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#24 Posted: 20:42:18 03/03/2011
But your forgetting something...

LoS wasn't as dearly loved(sad, but true), so if romance is in there, it's not that big a deal. It was pretty small amounts of it anyway, less than the Classics in fact. And it's not like it was drastically different from the tone LoS had set. And it DID NOT effect the gameplay AT ALL.

However, getting annoyed at a changed appearence is understandable, as Spyro is a well-loved character(I myself was a little shocked by it, and still struggle to pass it off as Spyro), and the changes were pretty drastic. Also, I know people who are into many games mainly for the art side of them. They spend more time creating fan art than playing the game itself, so if the design and art style is ruined for them, it's kind of a big blow to take.
---
#25 Posted: 20:49:34 03/03/2011
The thing is, to most of those who played the first two LoS games first, yes, it was drastically different in terms of tone. The first two, for instance, had Spyro with a hint of sarcasm - Then, we're suddenly whisked off to a mopey Spyro who doesn't even know how to be funny anymore. And I don't think there was less of it than the classics, especially where Spyro was concerned :/

And eh, I still don't think it is. LoS was a complete flip of the Classic Spyro, but they were expected to follow this new one. Now it's been rebooted again, many LoS fans can't handle it (Classic fans too, but they were at least used to it by now). And if the fan art artists go down, that's good for me - I'm sick of seeing all these OCs instead of actual LoS fanart smilie
---
#26 Posted: 21:12:33 03/03/2011
I played TEN first and didn't think it was drastically different in terms of tone. LoS was trying to potray a story with emotion, and romance fits into that snugly.

However, I do sympathise with you. I have written two romantic Spyro fan fictions and can't help but be disappointed(despite the fact everyone else loves them...)

The Classics didn't have much romance with Spyro hinself, but in general, it had more than LoS.

And I was referring to the proper LoS fan artists, not the crappy OC creators. If anything, this game is good for crappy OC creators. I don't hate OC's in general though, and plan to make my own.
---
#27 Posted: 21:14:43 03/03/2011
Fair enough.

I don't hate OC characters, but I do kinda hate it when every single pic ends up being of one. Out of all the OCs out there, there's only 4 or 5 I've seen that actually are memorable.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me