darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > Legimate Reasons Why This May Help/Hurt the Spyro Franchise
Page 1 of 1
Legimate Reasons Why This May Help/Hurt the Spyro Franchise [CLOSED]
shadowfire Green Sparx Gems: 480
#1 Posted: 20:22:53 14/02/2011 | Topic Creator
I can see this both ways.

HELP

1) At least there is some hope that Activision is looking to breathe some life back into the Spyro series.
2) Some new fans may be gained from the interactive concept.
3) Any money Activision makes from this encourages them to make another game

HURT

1)This game could use any character in place of Spyro. Activision just chose the most household name they own that they weren't doing anything with.
2)The game seems to be a sideshow to the action figures, so there is a risk of further lowering the public perception of the series.
3) Most new fans gained from this will be too young to own a legitimalte system and be excited enough about it (or possess the money) to buy the next "real" Spyro game. That is, if they even really associate this with Spyro.

I can see it both ways. I'm not going to ramble on about how terrible it is or visa versa. I liked both the classic and LOS series of games. I don't think I'd buy this though. What do you guys think?
---
Call me Clarice. I'm a reindeer.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:24:39 14/02/2011 by shadowfire
spyro fan 8 Ripto Gems: 2948
#2 Posted: 23:19:37 14/02/2011
I actually don't like the idea of the multiple figures, especially since the figures are random stupid monsters like walking fish-frog things that only appeal to smaller kids. Now, if they were things like Cynder and Ignitus (maybe he is revived in a parrallel universe? idk just a thought) then that would be so kick-ass. I still love Spyro, either way and probably won't buy any other figures, I'll just use Spyro for the entire game. Also, why did they name it Spyro's adventure if (so far) it has nothing to do with him other than he's an OPTIONAL character? It should at least follow the Spyro storyline. I think this may be another reboot, since they did include the fact (and imo the overall basis for the Spyro series) that he is from the rare line of purple dragons, so hopefully it will have a longer story than just 3 games like TLOS had. So I don't really know whether it will make or break the Spyro series. I do know that most fans like me who would kill for the origional 3 Spyro's back would want the origional worlds back, like the first avalar and dragon realms in the first Spyro game. Oh, another idea: what about Shiela and SGT Bird for characters in the new game? That would work perfectly with their abilities. Right?
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#3 Posted: 00:33:16 15/02/2011
Agent 9 and Bianca would work well too.

I see where you're coming from on both sides, but I'll try to stay optimistic.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#4 Posted: 01:11:53 15/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I'd say the best thing that could ever happen to Spyro is if Insomniac bought back the rights to the series, seeing every game they make (including original Spyro titles) ends up being a greatest hits title. That would be amazing.
---
FlamingSheep Yellow Sparx Gems: 1041
#5 Posted: 18:38:38 15/02/2011
Quote: shadowfire
Yeah, I'd say the best thing that could ever happen to Spyro is if Insomniac bought back the rights to the series, seeing every game they make (including original Spyro titles) ends up being a greatest hits title. That would be amazing.

I wish this could happen too but Insomniac never owned Spyro(I know this sounds annoying).They only created and developed the first three games.Plus it seems in their plans like they don't want to develop another game smilie.
However I would like to see a Spyro game being made like the Insomniac titles now that would be awesome.

I agree on your first hurt point and I also seem to think Spyro might get lost within these over 30 characters- meaning he will be only part of a franchise(Skylanders) as it seems.But they may be hope If a Spyro game comes afterwards soley based on him.
However on SSA I am trying to stay optimistic.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:42:07 15/02/2011 by FlamingSheep
#6 Posted: 01:09:03 16/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote:
I wish this could happen too but Insomniac never owned Spyro(I know this sounds annoying).They only created and developed the first three games.

Who technically owned the series back then? Universal (which later became Vivendi) ?
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#7 Posted: 01:09:56 16/02/2011
Universal owned Spyro back then.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#8 Posted: 05:48:02 16/02/2011
Universal owned Spyro, then after ETD's cold reception, Seirra bought the series. When DoTD was almost released Activision joined the fun.

@ title: I'm here! :3
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#9 Posted: 12:31:53 16/02/2011
Insomniac never owned Spyro. They had a contract with Vivendi / Universal to develop of 3 games.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#10 Posted: 13:47:40 16/02/2011
Quote: XSparxX
Insomniac never owned Spyro. They had a contract with Vivendi / Universal to develop of 3 games.

Though some fans thought or is still thinking that Insomniac owned Spyro.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:47:56 16/02/2011 by Aura24
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me