darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > What COULD of made this game universally acceptable
Page 1 of 1
What COULD of made this game universally acceptable [CLOSED]
Ratchet Blue Sparx Gems: 662
#1 Posted: 01:51:45 13/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Ive been thinking, what could have made this game less as a gimmicky non-spyro game and more of a game that spyro fans would all appreciate. There has been mixed responses from people (most of the people who hate this game we dont even see on the forums but more on devintart or youtube) so lets think of ways people would actually LIKE this game and would be more inclined to buy it. I personally think that the 30 character with their own abilities Idea is great, and the scenery looks good, so it could be a very good game. That doesnt mean that they couldnt of made it more acceptable among fans:

1 - Cynder: I am in no way a Cynder fan, and I get really annoyed by the fangirls. But if they wanted to stop a fan rage, they could have ATLEAST put her in as one of the characters. They will HAVE to. Otherwise I can tell that there will be a bloodbath.

2 - Coins: please tell me why this couldnt of been gems?

3 - Sparx: He doest require much hard work rendering, and just putting him around following characters would make people much happier

4 - Spyro: I really dont care that he looks like a goblin, but many people do. Could have they made Spyro look badass without making him look like he need to be in a mental institution (giving him a look more recognisable)

5 - Gimmick: This is a hard one to say, as we can tell the game was built around the gimmick. But Me and many other spyro fans would prefer if the figurine portal gimmick was not around.

6 - Price: If they didnt have the gimmick, this could be lower, and I might have thought about buying this

7 - Reboot: Necessary to make a game like this, but it p'd alot of people off

If these things were all fixed then I would definitely buy this game. Im not saying that without these improvements the game will suck. No. I am saying that they could have made this game appealing to everyone and not just the kids if they put all of these things in/ took them out.
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#2 Posted: 01:56:10 13/02/2011
Of all of that, the only ones I agree with are Cynder and Coins.

The game is still in very early stages - Sparx could still come about later, we don't know. For all we know, a sub quest is to find Sparx.

Spyro, I love his new design, no matter what anyone else says.

Gimmick, I like this new gimmick, sounds very promising.

Price, eh, I live in an expensive country anyway so.....

Reboot, don't mind really. I got through LoS, so I can get through SSA too.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#3 Posted: 01:57:47 13/02/2011
To be univerally excepted it would need to fit everyones' idea of what a Spyro game is.
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#4 Posted: 01:59:19 13/02/2011
To be universally accepted would be near impossilbe, because everyone has a different opinion on what spyro is.
And they can't include EVERYTHING to please EVERYBODY
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:59:41 13/02/2011 by spyrocynderfan7
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#5 Posted: 02:01:35 13/02/2011
Cynder: A lot of Classic Nazis would boycott the game if she was in it. I don't really care if she isn't in it. I would love it if she was, but it's not something to dwell on. And besides, one of the toys looks a bit like Cynder, which could be a sign that she's still alive.

Coins: I kinda agree with you. But why that would drastically change the game is beyond me.

Sparx: Odds are he'll be there. And if not, then it'll be the same case as with LoS: You end up finding new characters that you love and you end up forgetting about the old characters.

Spyro: I personally love the design. It actually just may be the best design I've ever seen of him. I love his demonic look.

Gimmick: I said it in the other topic. There's a chance it could be revolutionary.

Price: I don't mind it. An extra $10 won't kill me, and odds are I won't buy a lot of the toys.

Reboot: I don't mind this at all. LoS was done for the most part. The only way it could continue is if they decided to make another plothole by making Malefor come back.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#6 Posted: 02:02:36 13/02/2011
I pretty much agree with most of this, although I don't have any problems with most of them myself. The one thing that I'd like to say is, not just Cynder returning but many characters from TLoS and original games rather than the strange range of creatures we have now and also introducing some new dragons. For example, Spyro could be just a fire Dragon and then you could have other dragons to represent different elements which is another thing Activision would have done if they cared about this game. I know their trying to be original with the characters, but it seems to far away from the basic idea that Spyro lives in a world of dragons rather than a world of strange creatures...
#7 Posted: 02:02:38 13/02/2011
I'm with CAV on this one.
#8 Posted: 02:05:05 13/02/2011 | Topic Creator
What I mean is MORE univerally accepted. There would still be people whining about this and that. But if they added these things in, people would like it more.

@Spyroo:
Well, you prove my point about Sparx, if they do that, then thats putting him in the game. and people will like that.

I dont care for spyro's new design, but many many others do. Many people hate it, and Im sure you wouldnt of cared if he looked a bit more normal either.

The Gimmick is all up to opinion and if it werent for teh gimmick, this game wouldnt of been made anyway.

The price I know, effects me.

And the reboot, I really dont care, I know other original fans wont either. But LOS fans will, and it could have been less rage by people if they put the game in the LOS or original universe. Thats all Im saying
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#9 Posted: 02:55:39 13/02/2011
There ARE gems in this upcoming game, Ratchet... smilie

"Treasures such as gems, and coins can be found all over the worlds either laying on the ground, or hiding inside breakable containers. Orbs come from defeated enemies, but as of now we have no info on what it does. Devouring food recovers some of the creature's health."
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#10 Posted: 04:07:25 13/02/2011
Cynder: I'm glad she isn't in it. But it would prevent a rampage if she was in it.

Sparx: Bad move ditching him. Dunno if he's in it or not, but he didn't appear in the trailers. Maybe he's your health? I dunno, but he should be in it.

Spyro's design: That pug snout is really bugging me... Other than that, I don't mind it. But many people hate it, so redesigning him would calm down the fanbase.

The Logo: It's not a Spyro series anymore... It's now Skylanders, and Spyro is to Skylanders like what Pikachu is to Pokemon... It's not right. The franchise should be much more centered around him. The logo should say "Spyro", and have those spikes on the 'S'. They shouldn't have changed the logo, it was a staple logo, and even TLOS kept it. This one bugs me the most, next to ditching Sparx.

Include more characters from the originals: It's sad to see that characters like Elora, Professor, Hunter, Sgt. Byrd, Sheila, Agent 9 and Bentley getting ditched. They got ditched, and they never came back. :<

I don't mind the coins. I don't see what's so bad about it.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
minredd Blue Sparx Gems: 698
#11 Posted: 04:29:00 13/02/2011
One thing about Sparx, it would be a plot hole if he were there. These characters have been taken from their worlds, so it wouldn't make any sense to have Sparx with Spyro.
Lord_of_Sheeps Gold Sparx Gems: 2352
#12 Posted: 04:30:40 13/02/2011
Quote: minredd
One thing about Sparx, it would be a plot hole if he were there. These characters have been taken from their worlds, so it wouldn't make any sense to have Sparx with Spyro.

S'not entirely true, he could've accidentally hung onto Spyro and thus was taken along with Spyro.

But then again, I'm just speculating.
#13 Posted: 10:00:13 13/02/2011 | Topic Creator
This is a reboot, so it wouldnt be a plothole. Just like Sparx talking in LOS wasnt a plothole.

Also thanks Aura for telling me about the gems, thats a + 1 for this game for some fans.
#14 Posted: 01:51:35 15/02/2011
oi vey.
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#15 Posted: 12:19:35 15/02/2011
Watch the video at 5:26 then you see the gems.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:20:08 15/02/2011 by XSparxX
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me