darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > What we know about the game (updated 6/12/11...Flooded with E3 coverage!!!)
Page 1 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50
What we know about the game (updated 6/12/11...Flooded with E3 coverage!!!) [CLOSED]
iSO Emerald Sparx Gems: 3143
#1 Posted: 01:36:11 13/02/2011 | Topic Creator
The old way of updating has been DEBUNKED! If you want to see the updated info I'm providing, go to these two links:
Info document - updated 6/12/11
Reference data document - updated 6/12/11

Anything past this very text is outdated, and will not be updated.

STATUS: Pre-alpha stage (the game is still in development as we speak!) With the lack of info for the past 4 weeks, we're in drought mode.
[User Posted Image]

NAME: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
GENRE: Action-Adventure
DEVELOPER: Toys for Bob
PUBLISHER: Activision
CONFIRMED PLATFORMS: Wii, 3DS
RELEASE DATE: Targeted for Fall 2011 (Q4), actual release dates not shown
PLAYERS: 1-2 (cooperative, or battle against each other)
Official website - skylandersgame.com
Toys 'R' Us website - special product page

STORY
Players take on the role of a powerful "Portal Master", who can control 30 unique characters, including the purple dragon Spyro (series and the character owned by Activision). Each of them are protectors of their own individual worlds...each of them having a backstory...but an evil Portal Master named Kaos threw them out from their world into our world (The Real World!) - rendered frozen as toys. It is up to the players of Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure to help them get back to their world and take back from what it once was...!

Taking place in the universe of Skyland, heroes will explore a variety of worlds, seek treasures, and confront obstacles and deadly foes and defeat Kaos, the evil Portal Master in order to save the world.

GAMEPLAY
The camera shows the characters, along with the gameplay from the top-down point of view most of the time. Characters each have a primary attack, and a secondary attack. They gain experience points by defeating monsters, and leveling up will result in the possibility of getting upgrades. Each character has it's own special abilities that differ from each other, as well as assigned elements. This provides some replayability, as each character faces the world in different ways.

Treasures such as gems, and coins can be found all over the worlds either laying on the ground, or hiding inside breakable containers. Orbs come from defeated enemies, but as of now we have no info on what it does. Devouring food recovers some of the creature's health.

With two players on hand, they can cooperatively play the game together (imagine, two Spyros during the game!), or against each other in a variety of arenas to choose from, each having it's own appearance, and obstacles within it.

Confirmed level/realm names:

HOW TO PLAY THE GAME
Besides the game disk/cartridge that comes along with it, the player is required to use the "Portal of Power", and at least one figurine in order to play the game. When placed on the "portal", the character suddenly appears on the screen and you can control the character. During gameplay, the data will always be flowing, saving it's experiences, achievements, level stats - all that stuff painlessly. You can freely switch characters on the go!

For the full experience, Activision recommends you to buy all the figurines and try out it's abilities, and unlock hidden content that certain playable characters can only access If you only want to play as Spyro (Starter Pack and Adventure Pack will include him), then you don't have to buy additional figurines. It's that simple!

DEVELOPMENT
The game has been development since the Summer 2009, assigned to video game developer, Toys for Bob - citing that this is their biggest project ever. Activision wanted to spotlight Spyro to a new audience, since this is the first game in the "Skylanders" series. Activision hired Hollywood talent character designer Tom Hester (Shrek), screenwriters Alec Sokolow and Joel Cohen (Toy Story) and composer Hans Zimmer (Inception, Modern Warfare 2) to work on this game.

Michael Graham, notable of his involvement with the Legend of Spyro series is working on the game as a associate producer at Activision Publishing.

In preperation for the American International Toy Fair 2011, Activision called up Ignited to setup the Activision Booth under the size constraints of 20x40 feet, and in a very short timeframe:
  • The whole booth from Gill Grunt's corner
  • The booth consists of a themed-castle with the horizontally revolving Activision sign. In order to fully capture audience attention, they created four life-size figurines consisting of Spyro, Gill Grunt, Trigger Happy, and Stealth Elf at the corners of the area; each of those showcased gameplay footage for that specific character.
  • The long section (40 feet), along with the game logo
  • The long section shows the game logo with a green glow behind it. Below the logo is the section where it shows the 8 characters out of 32 in figurines, encased in a glass box. From left to right: Stump Smash (dark green), Prism Break (light yellow), Stealth Elf (light green), Spyro (purple), Gill Grunt (baby blue), Trigger Happy (white), Ignitor (red).
    Each character has it's own glowing color occupied below there, along with it's own gameplay footage above the figurines.
  • The short section (20 feet)
  • This is where an Activision representative shows interested people a demonstration of how the technology of this game works. They let people play the (Wii version) game a bit and give them answers.

Activision revealed the game on February 11, 2011 through a press release, with the game showcased in the American International Toy Fair in booth #3055, shown from February 13 through 16. The company plans to release the game through consoles, phones, and computers. As for the figurines, the rest of the playable characters (not packaged in one of the two packs) will be periodically released after the game hits stores from then to 2012.
Edited 14 times - Last edited at 02:12:59 13/06/2011 by iSO
#2 Posted: 01:36:33 13/02/2011 | Topic Creator
MARKETING AND RELEASE
In Australia, Activision called up Workshop Events (formerly known as James Gordon Workshop) to create the launch of the latest Spyro game in the Crystal Palace Luna Park Sydney:
  • The entrance
  • Set in a world of black at the entrance, with monitor stuff. Going through the stairs, with ivy-stuff over the stairwell, and going over the blue river.
  • The main event through the bridge
  • At the left - the ivy-covered walls with green lighting, and at the right, the bridge that shows he way to the main event.
  • Stage set of Skyland
  • With a capacity of 140 guests, this area gave a blueish atmosphere with low fog, clouds, thin sheets above everything to enhance it's very surroundings in the world of Skyland. Chairs are set up there where they can see the projection screen there.
  • Promotional stands and demonstration units
  • Upon sighting this area, there are Spyro poses respectively showing up on high quality cardboard promotional stands. There's an area where you can see demonstration units, with one at the left, and one at the right. Between the middle of the TV monitors below the game logo, seems to be the packaging for the game (small, medium, and large ones). Unfortunately, they're far away that you can't see them in full detail.

It is unknown if this is the only place planned in Australia where the game will launch in Fall, and/or if the design specifications are final.

PLAYABLE CHARACTERS
18/32 characters have been seen. Only 5 have the full info, and 8 of them don't have an official name yet.
  • Spyro
  • (figurine, game screenshot, promotional art, promotional statue - Toy Fair 2011, concept art 1, concept art 2, concept art 3)
    Element: Magic
    Primary Attack: Fire Breath
    Secondary Attack: Horn Charge
    Upgrades include: Flight, Spread Fire, Aerial Head Bash
    Bio: Spyro hails from a rare line of magical purple dragons that come from a faraway land few have ever traveled. He has been on many exciting adventures, and has a remarkable knowledge of the different lands he protects, more so than any other Skylander. A strong-willed dragon who is young at heart, Spyro is fearless and brave. A true hero dedicated to defending his world from all things evil.

• Trigger Happy
  • (figurine, game screenshot, promotional art, promotional statue - Toy Fair 2011, concept art)
    Element: Tech
    Primary Attack: Gold Coin Shooters
    Secondary Attack: Safe Cracker Bomb
    Upgrades include: Pot-of-Gold Bomb, Super Charged Gold Blasters, Gold Nugget Slinger
    Bio: Trigger Happy is more than his name, it's his solution to every problem. Nobody knows from where he came. He just showed up one day blasting gold coins everywhere with his custom-crafted shooters. Now everyone throughout the lands knows of this crazy goldslinger that will take down any bad guy... usually without bothering to aim.

• Eruptor
  • (figurine, game screenshot, promotional art, concept art)
    Element: Fire
    Primary Attack: Lava Lob
    Secondary Attack: Eruption
    Upgrades include: Magma Bombs, Volcanic Eruption, Lava Flow
    Bio: Eruptor is a force of nature, hailing from a species that lived deep in the underground until a volcano launched their entire civilization onto the crust. He's a hot head with a strong dislike for anything evil, so whenever something bad threatens his world, he quickly erupts… quite literally. To help control his temper, he likes to relax in lava pools, particularly because there are no crowds.

• Ignitor
  • (figurine, game screenshot, concept art 1, concept art 2)
    Element: Fire
    Primary Attack: Flaming Sword
    Secondary Attack: Fire Spirit
    Upgrades include: Blue Flame Fury, Fire Flourish, Armor Leap
    Bio: On his first quest as a knight, Ignitor was tricked by a cunning witch into wearing a magical suit of armor that he was told would resist fire from a dragon. As it turned out, it was made of cursed steel. He journeyed to a dragon's lair where a single blast of fire transformed him into a blazing spirit, binding him to the suit of armor for eternity. Despite this setback, Ignitor remains a spirited knight who is always fired up to protect the lands from evil and find the witch that tricked him.

• Gill Grunt
  • (figurine, game screenshot, promotional art, promotional statue - Toy Fair 2011, concept art 1, concept art 2)
    Element: Water
    Primary Attack: Harpoon Gun
    Secondary Attack: Water Cannon
    Upgrades include: Triple Harpoon Shot, Water Jet Pack, Water Launcher
    Bio: For many years Gill Grunt peacefully lived deep in the oceans until a nasty band of pirates kidnapped his Mermaid girlfriend. He then took to land and sea to search for her, eventually joining the Skylanders to help defend the world from every kind of foe… but especially pirates. Gill Grunt is one fish that never lets evil off the hook.

Edited 9 times - Last edited at 02:15:16 13/06/2011 by iSO
#3 Posted: 01:36:54 13/02/2011 | Topic Creator

Edited 7 times - Last edited at 02:16:19 13/06/2011 by iSO
#4 Posted: 01:37:09 13/02/2011 | Topic Creator
FAQ
  • When was the game announced?
  • February 10, 2011, first mentioned in USAToday around 5pm PST. Quite unusually early so far! The developers have around 4-6 months to finish the game.
  • Is this a Spyro game, or what?
  • UPDATE: It's too early to tell right now.
  • (obsolete original answer at the bottom)
    This is the first installment of the "Skylanders" series. Activision added Spyro because of it's recognition among all fans out there. Basically, once Spyro has captured newcomers - the company can decide to keep this new series going on, or if enough attention, put him into an entirely new game (The bio created for him proves it).
  • What is the cost of the video game?
  • UPDATE: Starter Pack - $70, includes the video game, three toys such as Spyro, Trigger Happy, and Gill Grunt, the "Portal of Power", and trading cards. There are no details on the Adventure Pack.
  • What about the figurines?
  • Prices for the figurines have not been announced yet. Activision expects them to retail for $10 or less.
  • What's with the elements under the logo? Do they mean something?
  • In order, from left to right - they are: Air, Life (leaves), Undead (skull), Earth (mountain), Fire, Water (water drop), Magic (star), and Tech (gear). It has to do with the toy figures' types of elements they have!
  • What is the intended audience for this game?
  • More than just kids play - the game is targeted to toy collectors and video game enthusiasts.
  • How tall are the toy figurines?
  • The toy figurines are about two or three inches tall.

REFERENCES

Edited 4 times - Last edited at 02:17:14 13/06/2011 by iSO
#5 Posted: 01:37:37 13/02/2011 | Topic Creator
[reserved 2]
#6 Posted: 01:38:02 13/02/2011 | Topic Creator
[reserved 3]
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#7 Posted: 02:28:30 13/02/2011
Nice.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#8 Posted: 04:51:04 13/02/2011
Ooo, very nice! Thank you for starting this up, iSO. smilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#9 Posted: 04:53:18 13/02/2011
Quote: iSO
  • Is this a Spyro game, or what?
  • This is the first installment of the "Skylanders" series. Activision added Spyro because of it's recognition among all fans out there. Basically, once Spyro has captured newcomers - the company can decide to keep this new series going on, or if enough attention, put him into an entirely new game (The bio created for him proves it).

• I'm glad about this part. :3 Where did you find this part of the info, iSO?
    ---
    "Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:00:12 13/02/2011 by Aura24
    #10 Posted: 04:54:43 13/02/2011
    I cant wait for the Skylanders series in general. I'm really happy Spyro was in this installment, or I might have never heard about it. :3
    Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
    #11 Posted: 08:27:25 13/02/2011
    Great!
    zzsdf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4173
    #12 Posted: 09:40:59 13/02/2011

With two players on hand, they can cooperatively play the game together (imagine, two Spyros during the game! smilie )

I always dreamed that! Now I have to find a friend that likes Spyro... But here in Italy it's really difficult!
    XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
    #13 Posted: 12:16:40 14/02/2011
    It´s are 32 characters :3
    And can you write the features of the games here :3 ??
    //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=36945
    ---
    "If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
    NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
    #14 Posted: 13:26:12 14/02/2011
    ALRIGHT! He may have his own game! WOOOOO!
    ---
    3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
    "Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
    SpyroGuy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1592
    #15 Posted: 17:59:35 14/02/2011
    So is it possible that Spyro will get another game?
    It's good to read that! smilie

"Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope!" =)
    ---
    "Breathe, Sparx old boy...go to your happy place."
    (Steam, Skype: SpyroGuy; Youtube: Sonic06FanReturns)
    sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
    #16 Posted: 20:15:30 14/02/2011
    Quote: SpyroGuy
    So is it possible that Spyro will get another game?
    It's good to read that! smilie

"Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope!" =)

THIS!
    You are a wise quoter, my friend!smilie
    ---
    "My memories will be part of the sky."
    spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
    #17 Posted: 21:20:25 14/02/2011
    so can you just by the game, than one or two toys?
    #18 Posted: 21:54:11 14/02/2011
    You need only one toy too complete this game smilie
    ---
    #19 Posted: 22:30:45 14/02/2011
    Activision has partnered up Toys 'R' Us to distribute the game exclusively after showing them the concept of the game. It is unknown if such a decision is finalized, due to a variety of interest from players.

WHAT?! TRU EXCLUSIVE?! Awe, man! >X0
    ---
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:48:34 17/02/2011 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
    #20 Posted: 22:36:15 14/02/2011
    Quote:
    MARKETING AND RELEASE
    Activision has partnered up Toys 'R' Us to distribute the game exclusively after showing them the concept of the game. It is unknown if such a decision is finalized, due to a variety of interest from players.

I definitely won't be getting it if this is true....smilie
    ---
    #21 Posted: 22:36:57 14/02/2011
    I know, there's no TRU near me! I'd have to get a prpaid master card and buy online maybe...
    ---
    #22 Posted: 22:40:52 14/02/2011
    I'm skeptical enough looking at the gameplay alone....if the toys are only available in TRU, then I will spend my money elsewhere.
    ---
    #23 Posted: 22:42:41 14/02/2011
    No is not exclusive oh boy..=_=
    ---
    bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
    #24 Posted: 22:58:01 14/02/2011
    Wait, I thought the TRU deal was just for the toys?
    #25 Posted: 23:00:37 14/02/2011
    I know, but the whole hook of the game is the toys. Otherwise, it looks like a fairly standard action/platformer to me, like some kids movie-tie in game. =/
    ---
    #26 Posted: 23:20:45 14/02/2011
    According to Activision Germany have only one contract apply to SSA
    But they say anywhere that it is TRU exclusive
    They present only at Toys R Us but it is nowhere the figures are TRU exclusive.
    This give so many Toys stores..Online shops sell the figures...So they can also order online
    TRU has a online shop...
    http://www.toysrus.com/shop/in...egoryId=2255956
    ---
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:21:52 14/02/2011 by XSparxX
    SpyroFanatic101 Blue Sparx Gems: 851
    #27 Posted: 23:37:57 14/02/2011
    There is only one thing that i am happy for in this game. This is that this game will be in great demand, and will BOOST spyro fanbase most likely giving Acti of spyros great fans(you and i smilie) and will put more effort into the games. This, is if the game sells good.
    ---
    I completely agree with the statement above...
    #28 Posted: 01:43:20 15/02/2011 | Topic Creator
    In response to the small discussion with Aura24 in this topic (Back in the Spyro Forums), I emailed Toys for Bob's Alex Ness (Producer) to answer a couple of questions that I have concerning the game "Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure", specifically whether it is a Spyro game or not; here is the reply, and my original message sent to him:
    Link to the image of the message, reply and original response

I asked a couple of specific questions regarding Spyro and this game; but received a rather vague answer. He didn't want to talk about other things because they're releasing new info about the game slowly. I apologize for those who read that particular answer from the FAQ section, thus prompting you guys to want Spyro to go back to the original series after this game. I have updated the FAQ section to reflect that.
    #29 Posted: 01:59:39 15/02/2011
    Thats a good email great questions and hopefully will get a reply
    ---
    spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
    #30 Posted: 02:01:31 15/02/2011
    Told you guys so. smilie

If Spyro attracts enough attention (Positive attention), Spyro will go back to his own series...and maybe we'll get one of his earlier...better...designs back.
    smilie I'm really really really happy now. smilie
    #31 Posted: 02:03:03 15/02/2011
    Quote: spyrocynderfan7
    Told you guys so. smilie

If Spyro attracts enough attention (Positive attention), Spyro will go back to his own series...and maybe we'll get one of his earlier...better...designs back.
    smilie I'm really really really happy now. smilie

thats what i said. thats the only upside for me just hoping they get attracted to spyro not big fireballed knight
    ---
    #32 Posted: 05:36:27 15/02/2011
    Hey iSO, could you do me a favor and ask if the game will be ported to the regular DS?
    #33 Posted: 12:26:10 15/02/2011
    Quote: GamingMaster_76
    Hey iSO, could you do me a favor and ask if the game will be ported to the regular DS?

I don´t think he would answer this question .
    ---
    TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
    #34 Posted: 16:28:16 15/02/2011
    3DS? OH HELL YES. :3
    Aha, I've pre-ordered one for my Birthday.
    ---
    "It's time to call in the big guns."
    Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
    #35 Posted: 16:45:25 15/02/2011
    I buy SSA for Wii :3
    ---
    Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
    #36 Posted: 16:51:57 15/02/2011
    Has anyone found any proof of it being on all consoles yet? Everywhere I go, people are saying it's for all consoles, but I can't find that proof yet....
    ---
    http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
    TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
    #37 Posted: 17:30:59 15/02/2011
    I've seen pages calling it Wii/DS exclusive, others claiming it will be on just about everything that can run games- PC's, 3DS's, mobiles, PS3's, XBox's, Wii's- the lot, and some calling it exclusive to the main consoles... Though I'm gonna assume the second choice is what will happen.
    ---
    "It's time to call in the big guns."
    Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
    #38 Posted: 17:51:43 15/02/2011
    Wii is confirmed...Activision showed the Wii Version as Demo, screens and trailers are from the Wii version. And a 3DS is confirmed in the kotaku preview...SSA for other consoles are yet a speculation
    ---
    #39 Posted: 17:52:30 15/02/2011
    Oh good, so I'm not missing anything smilie
    Just crazy fans assuming it's official.
    ---
    http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
    #40 Posted: 17:54:02 15/02/2011
    I've seen on official game sites like IGN have an Xbox 360 and PS3 page for the game.
    ---
    "Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
    #41 Posted: 18:32:51 15/02/2011
    IGN makes mistakes too, they think it will be. I would not leave you out. IGN have not even mentioned that a 3DS version is in development. Trust IGN, not so much. Game sites like to write from that of other,although they do not know 100%.
    ---
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:33:40 15/02/2011 by XSparxX
    #42 Posted: 18:37:41 15/02/2011
    Gamepro has the game set up on the 360 and PS3 too.
    ---
    #43 Posted: 18:38:28 15/02/2011
    Quote: Aura24

And? Other sites has it for PC and iPhone but not for Wii or 3DS. It´s all speculations more not.
    ---
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:39:13 15/02/2011 by XSparxX
    #44 Posted: 18:42:20 15/02/2011
    Yeah, I think IGN had a page for PC ETD at one stage too.
    ---
    #45 Posted: 18:45:06 15/02/2011
    Quote: XSparxX

And? Other sites has it for PC and iPhone but not for Wii or 3DS. It´s all speculations more not.

It was confirmed that it will be on multiple game consoles, PC, handhelds, and phones.
    ---
    #46 Posted: 19:35:59 15/02/2011
    This game come never to all consoles,handhelds,phones and PC.
    For PC i think i upgrade Spyro's Lair, and for phones a app or a cheep 2D Game like the classic Spyro and TLOS Spyro phone games.
    Handhelds its confirmed for 3DS and maybe for the DS.
    Other consoles hm we will see...A german game site that played this game list it for Wii, and two other too. And that are official game site with a own magazine. But not of that listed it for other consoles/handhelds/pc ss yet no other versions have been announced. Since IGN can even listen for the Game Boy Color. Activision has not until now announced it for PS3,Xbox360 or something. It is all a speculation of this site will remain so as long as Activision does not confirm himself. And why tell Toys for Bob Kotaku it´s for 3DS in development too but no mention of any other console. They show it for Wii with all Wii screens,trailer,demo footage and confirmed it for 3DS too. All others it´s far pure speculation from IGN and remains a speculation until it is officially announced for Ps3,Xbox360 or something.
    But one can say the lead development platform for this game is the Wii. Come it for PS3 or Xbox360 give it a up port with sharper textures and an HD resolution more not. This game look very good an used the TEVs from the Wii (look at the shader Water or the good lightning) like other Nintendo Wii game or exclusive Wii third party games (Mario Galaxy 1+2,Metroid other M,Sonic Colours, The Conduit 1+2, Monster Hunter Tri and very more). But I can say SSA is one of the best looking Wii games and graphically it is on the same level as Mario Galaxy, Sonic Colours or Klonoa Wiimake. Ps3 and Xbox360 used shaders not TEVs
    ---
    #47 Posted: 19:38:52 15/02/2011

It was confirmed that it will be on multiple game consoles, PC, handhelds, and phones.

Well this statement came from the USAtoday article where we all discovered Skylanders. You're not in denial are you?
    ---
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:39:18 15/02/2011 by Aura24
    #48 Posted: 20:17:49 15/02/2011

GameFly does as well.

Quote: Spyroo

The game was going to be ported to it before the mainly cold reception it received.

Mobile Devices. That doesn't nescicarrily mean phones, it could just be for the iDevices, or for all phones... We'll just have to see. Could the Portal feature be compatible with 4G phones? Activision might be launching something even larger than we think.

For PC i think i upgrade Spyro's Lair, and for phones a app or a cheep 2D Game like the classic Spyro and TLOS Spyro phone games.
    Other consoles hm we will see...A german game site that played this game list it for Wii, and two other too. And that are official game site with a own magazine. But not of that listed it for other consoles/handhelds/pc ss yet no other versions have been announced. Since IGN can even listen for the Game Boy Color. Activision has not until now announced it for PS3,Xbox360 or something. It is all a speculation of this site will remain so as long as Activision does not confirm himself. And why tell Toys for Bob Kotaku it´s for 3DS in development too but no mention of any other console. They show it for Wii with all Wii screens,trailer,demo footage and confirmed it for 3DS too. All others it´s far pure speculation from IGN and remains a speculation until it is officially announced for Ps3,Xbox360 or something.
    But one can say the lead development platform for this game is the Wii. Come it for PS3 or Xbox360 give it a up port with sharper textures and an HD resolution more not. This game look very good an used the TEVs from the Wii (look at the shader Water or the good lightning) like other Nintendo Wii game or exclusive Wii third party games (Mario Galaxy 1+2,Metroid other M,Sonic Colours, The Conduit 1+2, Monster Hunter Tri and very more). But I can say SSA is one of the best looking Wii games and graphically it is on the same level as Mario Galaxy, Sonic Colours or Klonoa Wiimake. Ps3 and Xbox360 used shaders not TEVs

This.
    But if it comes to PS3 or 360, I am sure it will not just get a graphics bonus, but also achievements.
    #49 Posted: 20:28:20 15/02/2011
    Quote: GamingMaster_76

GameFly does as well.

Quote: Spyroo

The game was going to be ported to it before the mainly cold reception it received.

Mobile Devices. That doesn't nescicarrily mean phones, it could just be for the iDevices, or for all phones... We'll just have to see. Could the Portal feature be compatible with 4G phones? Activision might be launching something even larger than we think.

This.
    But if it comes to PS3 or 360, I am sure it will not just get a graphics bonus, but also achievements.

Yes it get sharper texture and hd resolution but not graphics update. The effort would be too large and the Wii version looks very good. Mario Galaxy 2 or Sonic Colours looks like PS3/Xbox360 games without HD and this is the truth! And I am happy that the Wii is the developer lead platform. So the Wii does not discriminate and you can make a lot of graphics
    ---
    #50 Posted: 20:29:34 15/02/2011
    That's what I meant by bonus, but yes. :3
    Page 1 of 50 | Next | Last
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me