Page 1 of 1
Your Thoughts on this Game [CLOSED]
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#1 Posted: 22:05:28 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Here you can simply post your thoughts on this game. I know this is kinda expected and all, but I just wanted to make this topic.

My thoughts, well, the new design for Spyro was unexpected. He looks kinda weird and cute. Like what Thunderdragon14 said, he kinda looks like Original Spyro, tLoS Spyro and a Gronkel (from HTTYD) mixed together. I doubt you missed the pic but just in case here it is. He has red eyes which kinda makes him look evil, and his face looks kinda evil, don't you think? But they way they put it makes him look cute also. But I think it was a good change, in a way. But he just doesn't look all that Spyro if you get what I mean.
The idea of not having Sparx in it is horrible! Sparx was in every Spyro game, and even LoS kept him. With the info and screenshots and trailer, there is no proof Sparx, or any of the Original or LoS characters for that matter are in this game. I'd love to see the older characters in it, like Elora and Bianca and all. But I don't think that the others (new characters) should be playable because this is about Spyro. But it says Skylanders so it could be about anyone. Maybe the later installment of Skylanders won't have Spyro in it. Will AV kill Spyro once and for all? I sure hope not!
And this toy thing is kinda childish. You get a toy and put it on a portal to play as that character. It is weird. But at least you get some toys out of it. I heard the Started pack has the video game, three toys, portal, and trading cards. It heard it is also $70. I wonder what the Adventure Pack will have...
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
minredd Blue Sparx Gems: 698
#2 Posted: 22:11:45 11/02/2011
I think his eyes look brown, but that's me.

I think the figures won't be all that expensive, since a new game alone can be $50-60 that means the portal itself, figures and cards are anywhere from $10-20, so the figured shouldn't be more then $5 dollars each,

I really like the look of this--and the thought of leveling up and co-op. It'll be something fun to do with my little cousin since we've played Brawl and Dawn of the Dragon to it's bones. I can easily see him loving the little fire knight, and I'll be an uber leveled up all powerful creature to help him along whenever he comes to play or needs my help.

Then again, kids games are always my favorite anyway. Kirby's Epic Yarn and Pokemon are some good examples of some of my favorite games. Regardless, I know I'm going to buy this game. It looks like fun to me!
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#3 Posted: 22:13:08 11/02/2011
Spyro's design actually looks pretty cool. But that's not the point of the game.

The idea of toys sounds dumb at first, but once you see it in action, it looks like it can really work provided that the developers know what their doing. This toy idea may actually be innovative like AV claims that it is.

Otherwise, gameplay looks very familiar to ANB and TEN, which follows the standards of the basic action/adventure game. It's nothing surprising or new, but it may work well.

Graphics looks cartoony and light-hearted, very reminiant of the Classics. But at the same time a couple of stages look like something out of DotD and Crash of the Titans.

And the idea of having exclusive items to certain systems allows variety, and while people are looking at it very negatively, I won't be effected since I can get whichever version I want (odds are I'll have a PS3 by the time the game is released). So it isn't a problem.

So the way I see it, they are trying to blend Classic and LoS together to make the franchise and the fandom into one. While they may succeed at doing that for the franchise, the fandom seems to not want to play the game simply because he looks different. I swear, the comments I see on Youtube are actually worse than they are here on darkSpyro. And that's saying something.

In the end, I'm actually looking positively at this game, which is something I usually don't do. The idea of toys sounded stupid at first, but seeing it makes me think otherwise, and that it could be this revolutionary idea that AV is preaching to us. I might pick up the Adventure pack if anything.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#4 Posted: 22:17:39 11/02/2011
The new design is adorable and the graphics are gorgeous... Look better than Super Mario Galaxy 2- Almost even better than Kameo! And speaking of Kameo, that's what they remind me of. Which is a good thing. All of the characters I've seen so far seem to have some resemblance, such as Eruptor being like Thermite, or Gill Grunt(MINE <3), who is similar to Deep Blue. Pretty. And Spyro is just adorable.
I personally think that the idea of character figures is an awesome idea. Finally being able to use my Spyro collection- well, a small part of it, anyway- in a game is epic. And it's gonna be fun going toy hunting again. This both allows over 30 playable characters you can switch in anytime and FINALLY extends on the collection of Spyro memorabilia, which used to comply only of Spyro and Sparx, and two small figure cards with Cynder and Ignitus. I can't wait for that.
Gameplay also reminds me of Kameo. Looks like a fun shoot-em-up. The game will only get better with the figures, which is a huge extend on the Spyro series. Kudos to Activision for trying something new. They've made me excited even after I was literally shivering because there could be humans in this game, and by the looks of it now, it doesn't seem that way.
Apoc Gold Sparx Gems: 2941
#5 Posted: 22:26:14 11/02/2011
Looks like a real budget killer
---
DarkSpyro's resident "cool person" except there's nothing cool about me.
I've been here since god knows when and ask any old heads about me.
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#6 Posted: 22:26:38 11/02/2011
Is the best looking Spyro Wii game (:
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
#7 Posted: 22:27:01 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Yeah, the graphics look great. CinderLover is actually scared of the new design though.
---
I draw stuff.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#8 Posted: 22:28:58 11/02/2011
Quote: Bolt
Yeah, the graphics look great. CinderLover is actually scared of the new design though.

A lot of people are.

I'm just glad that Aura and Razz agree with me that everyone should just shut up...
#9 Posted: 22:31:20 11/02/2011
Hey! I agree too! smilie
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#10 Posted: 22:32:17 11/02/2011
I agree too (:
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
#11 Posted: 22:32:56 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
You mean stop complaining? I'm not, I'm just expressing my thoughts. I kinda do like the new design, it is cool.
---
I draw stuff.
Pyro-Spyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#12 Posted: 22:35:00 11/02/2011
People are literally breaking down because of this thing! I just found out about it an hour ago, but I'm not THAT excited about it. It looks like it's going to be a big flop. And I am VERY annoyed how they didn't use the original traditional Spyro logo... It's a big eyesore up there in the menu...
minredd Blue Sparx Gems: 698
#13 Posted: 22:35:54 11/02/2011
We don't mean complaining, we mean the hoard of people saying "Activision killed Spyro" and how it'll be the worst game ever and yadda ya... Seriously, enough is enough. If you don't like it fine, but enough pictures of Spyro being murdered with "Activision" carved on him.
#14 Posted: 22:42:23 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Well, I'm kinda seeing how it will go down in flames, but also how it will be a big hit. I'm not saying that...

Quote: Pyro-Spyro
People are literally breaking down because of this thing! I just found out about it an hour ago, but I'm not THAT excited about it. It looks like it's going to be a big flop. And I am VERY annoyed how they didn't use the original traditional Spyro logo... It's a big eyesore up there in the menu...

Yeah, they should have used the original logo. Whether it be Original Spyro's, LoS's or a new one that would fit this new game.
---
I draw stuff.
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#15 Posted: 22:43:55 11/02/2011
Yeah, I don't mind some complaints, but the whole 'Activision killed Spyro' crap is getting annoying.

For me, I'm very intrigued by this game. So far, I like the look of Spyro's new appearance, I like the look of the game in general, and the idea of using toys as a sort of memory card appeals to me.
So far, I'm looking forward to this game (I'd write more, only I'm tired).
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#16 Posted: 22:44:28 11/02/2011
This game will be a EPIC COME BACK FOR SPYRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#17 Posted: 22:45:06 11/02/2011
Quote: Pyro-Spyro

Tis the Skylander series logo as it is not a Spyro series, of course.
#18 Posted: 22:47:53 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyrocrash
This game will be a EPIC COME BACK FOR SPYRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sure hope so. And I hope they keep Spyro as a main in this series. Spyro might be only known in the Skylanders series from today.
---
I draw stuff.
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#19 Posted: 04:16:46 12/02/2011
Not only will it be an EPIC come back, but we might see a flood of new fans on dS?
Maybe...and with all the SKL data on the site already, we're probably lit up like a Christmas tree on the web when you search "Spyro".

SKL... good advertisement for darkSpyro forums?
#20 Posted: 04:18:25 12/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Maybe, though it might not be very good. Just think about it, all those Red Sparx's that are inexperienced in the internet on ds?
---
I draw stuff.
#21 Posted: 04:20:13 12/02/2011
...Oh Jesus, I just thought of that...

Brace yourselves for Fan Wars galore...
Thank god by then I will be Green Sparx...or possibly Blue Sparx.
#22 Posted: 04:34:58 12/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Yeah, but you and I knew much about the internet and wars and all when we were Red Sparx's (I actually joined another website before so I knew how to handle things).

But, yes, it could be advertising dS because it is 'better' than all other Spyro games (this is just a thought) and more people like Spyro. Therefore more people will come across dS and join.
---
I draw stuff.
#23 Posted: 04:38:37 12/02/2011
The reason why I said so, is becuase the immense incoming members would be kids...I think the youngest on here is eleven. We here are more mature and would handle things more maturely than a bunch of little kids.
You'd have 6-12 year olds signing up, or attempting to.
#24 Posted: 04:41:49 12/02/2011
I'm eleven. Spyrobaby's sister is seven. smilie

But I don't want this site to be flooded with inexperienced children. Children who actually use forums and won't be annoying, fine. But please... No inexperienced young ones(no offense if there are any looking here).
#25 Posted: 04:42:19 12/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Yeah, and that would be bad. My sister is 8 and she might like this Spyro and want to join. The bad thing is, we only have one computer. Think about this for everyone, and BTW, I'm 11 at the moment. smilie But some people think I'm like 16, same goes for GM because we are more mature than most kids our age. And I think Thunderdragon14 is 10 or something.
I'd hate little kids joining!
---
I draw stuff.
#26 Posted: 04:44:04 12/02/2011
Huh??
I thought you guys were like fifteen sixteen.
#27 Posted: 04:46:23 12/02/2011
Even in real life, people think I am, because of how tall and intelligent I am. smilie

I had my birthday in my profile before I was asked to take it off by my mum, and then I had to keep setting it and ran out of changes... smilie
(It was May 21, if you're wondering. I only got two happy birthdays because of it. :< )
But anyway, this isn't about my age.
#28 Posted: 04:54:19 12/02/2011 | Topic Creator
No it's not, lol. It is about your thoughts on the game. smilie
---
I draw stuff.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#29 Posted: 05:12:05 12/02/2011
I can imagen the fans... Three sides on here. Classic, TLOS and Skylanders.... Not looking good. D:
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Pyro-Spyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#30 Posted: 05:16:02 12/02/2011
Oh Lord, I can't even BEGIN to imagine the chaos... O.o'
#31 Posted: 08:45:48 12/02/2011
Its a madhouse alright.

I'm LoS, usually, but this game (and the wars) have neutralized my preference pretty much to an even spread across all sides.
Riolu-Blue-247 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8843
#32 Posted: 08:55:19 12/02/2011
I think that its cool looking.....I think spyro looks Gremlin like and than makes him adroable!!
---
I just realised that I might not know what the hell is going on
#33 Posted: 01:47:43 13/02/2011
Quote: Riolu-Blue-247
I think that its cool looking.....I think spyro looks Gremlin like and than makes him adroable!!

^This. smilie

Spyro reminds me of Gizmo for some reason.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me