Page 1 of 1
Story? [CLOSED]
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#1 Posted: 19:31:03 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
I found this on my travels across the internet:

The characters belonged in a mystical world but was ejected by a sinister Portal Master known as Kaos. They have been transported into our world, frozen as toys. Only the players in the game can bring the toys back and save their world.

Aha, so that's their excuse as to why Spyro isn't where he should be? smilie Oh, you, Activision! But, seriously, this topic is for posting anything you can find about the story, plot or settings, so we can piece them together until the final game is released.
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#2 Posted: 19:33:26 11/02/2011
Can you post a link to that info?
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#3 Posted: 19:34:09 11/02/2011
That story sound kinda weird to me. smilie
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#4 Posted: 19:34:42 11/02/2011
Here: http://investor.activision.com...eleaseID=549493
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#5 Posted: 19:38:40 11/02/2011
.....Smash Bros much?
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#6 Posted: 19:41:10 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
It's pretty much covered by Aura's link, but still, here it is: http://nerdreactor.com/2011/02...yros-adventure/

Hmmm, it doesn't sound too bad all-in-all. So, I'm guessing each character has his/her own world and levels? I'd love to see Spyro's new world.

EDIT: That's what I was thinking, Brawler smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:41:48 11/02/2011 by TheWereCat
#7 Posted: 19:46:50 11/02/2011
Seriously, at first, I was kinda excited....now, it just feels like they are copying everything....including a design I MADE!!!smilie

....Yes, I know it is probably a coincidence that Spyro now looks like my re-designed Gnorc grunt, but still....it bugs me...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:53:28 11/02/2011 by sonicbrawler182
#8 Posted: 19:49:58 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
*Pats on back*
---
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#9 Posted: 19:53:19 11/02/2011
Sounds like a fair story for a kids game. They certainly know what they're doing.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#10 Posted: 19:53:54 11/02/2011
Quote: TheWereCat
*Pats on back*

*Revs chainsaw*
---
#11 Posted: 19:55:25 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: sonicbrawler182
*Pats on back*

*Revs chainsaw*

*Holds up Berri*

And you're right about that, Spyroo, AV certainly know they've hit the nail on the head, here, and good for them.
But I'm anticipating how this will affect Spyro and his reputation.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:56:51 11/02/2011 by TheWereCat
#12 Posted: 20:00:37 11/02/2011
*Pats on back*

*Revs chainsaw*

*Holds up Berri*

And you're right about that, Spyroo, AV certainly know they've hit the nail on the head, here, and good for them.
But I'm anticipating how this will affect Spyro and his reputation.

I'm attracted to Cynder, not Berri!smilie

But in all seriousness, I think this is looking like a watered-down LoS in terms of gameplay, with bounce pads to appeal to Sonic fans....I also predict the games structure will be like Sonic and the Secret Rings.....

I love the environments though....some remind me of Classic Spyro, some remind me of LoS(there was one that really looked like Tall Plains!)
---
#13 Posted: 20:04:53 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Nuuuu, I meant for Conker, since you were using a chainsaw smilie But if it stops me from getting torn to pieces, Cynder's here to give you a hug *Holds up Cynder*

But I agree about your Sonic point; it looks alot like Sonic, and Toys-For-Bob can't usually think of a new gameplay style too easily- take their 101 Dalmatians game, that ran on a Spyro the Dragon engine. *Ahhh, the memories with that 101 Dalmatians game! smilie*

But the game's still very unique and it looks like it should be pretty awesome!
---
#14 Posted: 20:13:58 11/02/2011
sonicbrawler182 uses chainsaw on Cynder.....it was not very effective....

OK, let's stop that!smilie
(This new Spyro game keeps making me think of Pokemon though....)

I don't think it looks unique at all....a lot of the characters look like something I have seen before(on of them looks like the Ice King frpm ANB, except he has fire). And the gamplay looks like watered-down LoS, as well as Crash of the Titans...

I thought I would be a lot more interested in the game...
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#15 Posted: 20:20:09 11/02/2011
It's pretty much covered by Aura's link, but still, here it is: http://nerdreactor.com/2011/02...yros-adventure/

Hmmm, it doesn't sound too bad all-in-all. So, I'm guessing each character has his/her own world and levels? I'd love to see Spyro's new world.

EDIT: That's what I was thinking, Brawler smilie

That will add mass amounts of replay value, assuming the toys are reasonably priced. I expect they will be too. I mena after all, a new game by itself is 60$, so if you're getting three figures, a portal pad, and cards with it, and it only costs 10$ extra, these things can't be too expensive.
Neat thing about the 'toys with brains' thing: they could not only add new characters, but they could expand on the univers alltogether. They would do this by (possibly) giving newer toys larger memories which would not only store character info, but entire level info too. Oh! Or a better idea may be to release DLC; you download a new universe to go with your new toy.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#16 Posted: 20:21:24 11/02/2011
.....Smash Bros much?

Thats what i thought lol. Well i would like to see what KAOs is.
#17 Posted: 20:26:55 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Skylanders uses growl. It was uneffective against harming Pokemon's huge fanbase and worldwide adoration.

And, meh, the characters and levels may not be hugely original, but you've gotta admit that it advertises itself pretty well, considering it's got all the elements of Pokemon (I have an interactive Pokemon stadium with toys that can be played with normally or on the machine >.>)

And the idea of a different 'realm of gameplay' for each character is ambitious but it'll sure be effective to those poor kids, who'll beg for more smilie
---
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#18 Posted: 20:33:28 11/02/2011
The story seems a bit chucked in but I'll be happy with it if it doesn't have a ton of plot holes. smilie
#19 Posted: 20:49:17 11/02/2011
Quote:
Neat thing about the 'toys with brains' thing: they could not only add new characters, but they could expand on the univers alltogether. They would do this by (possibly) giving newer toys larger memories which would not only store character info, but entire level info too. Oh! Or a better idea may be to release DLC; you download a new universe to go with your new toy.

This.

The game should be a one-shot spin-off, with lots of new toys and DLC for at least two years.

Then, they should go back to the Classics and/or LoS.
---
#20 Posted: 20:52:08 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Maybe it's the bridge to taking Spyro back to his roots, in the same way Disney used Oliver and Company to return to musicals? :B It could be that alot of these Skylander's characters get their own games!!
---
zzsdf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4157
#21 Posted: 20:53:49 11/02/2011
Quote:

This.

The game should be a one-shot spin-off, with lots of new toys and DLC for at least two years.

Then, they should go back to the Classics and/or LoS.

I hope they'll do that, but they probably won't. I'll miss Sparx and Cynder... smilie
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#22 Posted: 20:53:52 11/02/2011
For all we know, they will return after this game. This could be to establish the new Spyro and some of the new characters. For all we know, it's also to see which characters become popular enough to continue.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#23 Posted: 20:59:04 11/02/2011
I still think the one-shot idea with new toys and DLC would be best....

In fact, if they included a level creator and a story creator, there would be no reason to make this a series!smilie
---
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#24 Posted: 21:16:03 11/02/2011
I think its have a good story
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Skyly Green Sparx Gems: 173
#25 Posted: 01:52:01 16/03/2011
Hmm... intresting story. smilie I think its kinda strange how Spyro gets frozen into a toy though. xP
But I think this game is going to turn out pretty fun. smilie We'll just have to wait and see.
---
*- No matter what, I will always love every single Spyro game<3 -*
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me