Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
End of regular spyro? [CLOSED]
Lila-the-dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 762
#1 Posted: 17:52:34 05/12/2010 | Topic Creator
Have you noticed, this game is alot like the old ones. I mean, you swim the same, headbash the same, walk the same, use breaths the same, and horndive-thingy the same. To me, after playing that, then A heros tail, it seems to be the end of the old/regular spyro games. Anyone agree?
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#2 Posted: 20:58:05 05/12/2010
Yes, I agree.

A Hero's Tail just felt like it was full of mini games and that's it, kind of like Crash Bash.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:58:38 05/12/2010 by SuperSpyroFan
#3 Posted: 01:01:37 06/12/2010 | Topic Creator
^ exactly.
Cynder985 Ripto Gems: 425
#4 Posted: 01:36:57 06/12/2010
I might have to agree, too. Even though I like AHT, the game was still a big step away from the originals.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:41:47 06/12/2010 by Cynder985
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#5 Posted: 22:36:13 13/12/2010
Also agree. I miss the old way of charging smilie
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
RubyWings91 Blue Sparx Gems: 738
#6 Posted: 03:55:40 14/12/2010
I agree as well, unless you count the GBA games. I thought that they managed to stay true to the original Spyro, for the most part.

None of the video games that came after ETD seemed like the originals.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:56:49 14/12/2010 by RubyWings91
Paplok Yellow Sparx Gems: 1754
#7 Posted: 15:35:46 14/12/2010
I missed something even in GtG. Do you remember in StD the sound when Spyro is jumping? There's no sound like this in GtG, YotD or other games. :/
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#8 Posted: 20:35:09 17/12/2010
Quote: Lila-the-dragon
Have you noticed, this game is alot like the old ones. I mean, you swim the same, headbash the same, walk the same, use breaths the same, and horndive-thingy the same. To me, after playing that, then A heros tail, it seems to be the end of the old/regular spyro games. Anyone agree?

I agree. AHT was far off from these games. It is just different, but not as far off as TLoS. But still, ETD is probably the 'last' of the Original Games.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#9 Posted: 14:29:56 18/12/2010 | Topic Creator
^ Yeah. Btw, your icon is epic win, i just saw the movie last night, lurved it :3
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#10 Posted: 15:57:45 18/12/2010
not really.
haruhi97 Gold Sparx Gems: 2924
#11 Posted: 17:27:10 18/12/2010
I agree
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#12 Posted: 06:44:05 19/12/2010
I would say that it is the end of normal Spyro. Too bad that it was a crappy ending.

Spyro Orange/Fusion and AHT were independent games in my opinion, and Shadow Legacy was Sierra's way of setting us up for what was to come (LoS).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:45:05 19/12/2010 by CAV
#13 Posted: 10:29:39 19/12/2010
Yeah, the game didn't have the best ending...

EDIT:
Quote: Lila-the-dragon
^ Yeah. Btw, your icon is epic win, i just saw the movie last night, lurved it :3

Thank you!
---
I draw stuff.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:30:26 19/12/2010 by Bolt
#14 Posted: 10:32:25 19/12/2010
In my opinion, Spyro 2 has the best ending, it makes the most sense out of all the others, don't know about A Hero's Tail.

The Legend of Spyro endings kind of make sense at least.
---
#15 Posted: 22:29:59 19/12/2010
Yeah, GtG/RR has the best ending out of all the Spyro game I reckon.
---
I draw stuff.
#16 Posted: 23:05:29 19/12/2010 | Topic Creator
AHT is similar to Los, as well. Almost glide the same, die the same, and jump the same...
#17 Posted: 01:59:19 20/12/2010
That's what I think.
---
I draw stuff.
#18 Posted: 10:35:50 20/12/2010
Spyro's desgin in AHT, starts to looks a little bit like TLOS style, not completely though.
---
#19 Posted: 14:36:04 20/12/2010 | Topic Creator
^ i agree with this, too. Maybe this is where Krome or whatever got the idea for the new spyro?
#20 Posted: 20:01:11 20/12/2010
That's what I think. If you look on AHT Spyro's back, you can see those crests that LoS has.
---
I draw stuff.
#21 Posted: 23:40:46 20/12/2010 | Topic Creator
Probably too lazy to give much thought into it. Thats maybe why the Los spyro is fatter with "weird" horns.
#22 Posted: 06:31:07 21/12/2010
I don't think his horns are weird. But they look kinda strange, I've never seen horns like that before LoS. And yeah he does look fat I guess.
---
I draw stuff.
#23 Posted: 13:25:16 21/12/2010
Strange, on the covers of the Classic Spyro series, he has the crests on his back, but in the game he doesn't.
---
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#24 Posted: 21:35:59 21/12/2010
That's one of the reasons like ETD, and don't really like AHT.

ETD stays true to the originals, but AHT doesn't. AHT seems to be more like a parody IMO, because it changed all the character's designs and personality. Poor Bentley got a horrible design (he looks like a panda) and personality, and so does Spyro with his new cocky attitude and ugly design.

Sierra killed original Spyro as soon as they got their hands on it. .
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:40:39 21/12/2010 by DarkCynder_543
#25 Posted: 20:08:01 22/12/2010
Yeah, I guess they did. Same with Crash too.
---
I draw stuff.
#26 Posted: 20:45:46 22/12/2010
I agree with Dark_Cynder, AHT is too different from original trilogy+ETD. Spyro behaves like a stupid, teen jerk, he's arogant and he has dull jokes, Sparx is irritating (only buzz or only speak, decide!), trying-to-be-cool Hunter, complete company from GtG except Elora, non-spyrish music (no Copeland, even Kneubuhl&Mann's music would be more "spyrish" than this random sounding music in AH etc etc...
#27 Posted: 21:09:53 22/12/2010
I quite like Spyro's design in AHT, and I like the fact that they changed it slightly, the soundtrack music got annoying, and some of the challenges can be impossible, but other than that, I enjoy it more than the TLOS series.
---
#28 Posted: 21:11:38 22/12/2010
I really hate Sparx's challenges. When you fail, annoying theme of this minigame is repeated from the beginning. I hate it!
#29 Posted: 21:13:02 22/12/2010
I'd rather have the Sparx levels, they are easier.
---
#30 Posted: 21:14:33 22/12/2010
Maybe they are, but at the beginning of game, when you are not used to 3D Sparx levels after YotD, they can be difficult, and with this stupid music playing all around you can get really angry.
#31 Posted: 21:16:43 22/12/2010
I don't really get angry at video games anymore, if they start to annoy me, I just turn it off and listen to music.
---
#32 Posted: 21:19:15 22/12/2010
I think I used wrong word. Irritating would match much better.
#33 Posted: 00:28:06 24/12/2010
I liked ETD's music. Most of the themes were very relaxing, like the Speedway music. I loved the Dragon Realms music, and the Honey Marshes music makes me want to dance.

Quote: Paplok
I agree with Dark_Cynder, AHT is too different from original trilogy+ETD. Spyro behaves like a stupid, teen jerk, he's arogant and he has dull jokes, Sparx is irritating (only buzz or only speak, decide!), trying-to-be-cool Hunter, complete company from GtG except Elora, non-spyrish music (no Copeland, even Kneubuhl&Mann's music would be more "spyrish" than this random sounding music in AH etc etc...

I agree completley. It hate it when the main character is the most annoying character in the game. I accept Hunter's design, but not his oh-i'm-so-cool- personality. Not once does Hunter hop into some machine to kick booty, like what he did in GTG (I think), YOTD and ETD.

AHT got rid of Bianca, who was in ETD. Where did she go? Elora never came back. I accept her not appearing in ETD because that game wasn't finished. Sheila and Agent 9 didn't return, but I was somewhat glad. If they returned, they would have been screwed up. Poor Bentley was the most effected. Were the hell was his club? Why didn't he just smash those Yetis with his club? What happened to his vocabulary? This isn't the Bentley I know. It's like as if he was replaced by some weak panda.
It appears he's hiding a pink egg with flowers in his bedroom lol.

You know.... If ETD did get finished, I have a feeling that Spyro's future would have been different.
---
#34 Posted: 11:13:53 24/12/2010
^ Bentley's situation is a bit like Dingodile's situation in Twinsanity. Bentley looked in YotD A LITTLE, LITTLE BIT like panda, so they made him a panda in AHT. Dingodile looked a bit like a pig in Crash Bandicoot: Warped (his mouth, too short for crocodile and it really looks somehow like pig's mouth), so they gave him pig's squeaking. But he still have awesome, Australian accent, while Bentley sounds like... I don't have any word to describe this.
#35 Posted: 04:03:05 29/12/2010
Much older?
---
I draw stuff.
#36 Posted: 07:16:05 29/12/2010
^ Yeah, that should fit it. But usually yetis don't become pandas when they grow up (was Bentley adult in YotD? smilie).
#37 Posted: 09:32:06 29/12/2010
Wait, I thought Bentley was already an adult in YOTD. :C

He's changed in so many ways in AHT. He's not badass anymore. D:
---
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#38 Posted: 09:48:17 29/12/2010
Quote: Paplok
I missed something even in GtG. Do you remember in StD the sound when Spyro is jumping? There's no sound like this in GtG, YotD or other games. :/

I completely agree.
#39 Posted: 03:12:54 31/12/2010
Quote: DarkCynder_543
Wait, I thought Bentley was already an adult in YOTD. :C

He's changed in so many ways in AHT. He's not badass anymore. D:

Yes, he isn't. He doesn't even have his club.
---
I draw stuff.
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#40 Posted: 06:28:13 07/01/2011
Hmm.... I think that AHT was a lot like the originals in some ways. For example - You had the same attacks (flame, charge, etc), Zoe still zapped you, you had to buy certain things from Money Bags...

But it did change a lot.

But I didn't really like EtD... Not because of the glitches like most people say. It just wasn't fun. But yeah, it was a lot more like the originals than AHT or TLoS
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
ElectricDragons Ripto Gems: 1138
#41 Posted: 09:33:44 07/01/2011
Quote: Queen_Cynder
Hmm.... I think that AHT was a lot like the originals in some ways. For example - You had the same attacks (flame, charge, etc), Zoe still zapped you, you had to buy certain things from Money Bags...

But it did change a lot.

But I didn't really like EtD... Not because of the glitches like most people say. It just wasn't fun. But yeah, it was a lot more like the originals than AHT or TLoS

This.
spyro14ever Green Sparx Gems: 374
#42 Posted: 12:03:42 07/01/2011
I guess I agree partially... but I could care less because I think EtD sucks. smilie
---
Dawn of the Dragon is the best Spyro game since the original trilogy.
Better? No.
Awesome? Yes.
#43 Posted: 22:48:02 20/01/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
I quite like Spyro's design in AHT, and I like the fact that they changed it slightly, the soundtrack music got annoying, and some of the challenges can be impossible, but other than that, I enjoy it more than the TLOS series.

Spyro looked ugly IMO. D:
---
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#44 Posted: 22:14:40 02/11/2011
Yes. A Hero's Tail changed too much of Spyro with the music sounding nothing like the previous titles, the lack of portals, the change to the sound when you pick up gems and the swapping of the charge and flame button which is such a terrible move.

Ever since Enter the Dragonfly, the series lost it's identity because new developers always make a new Spyro without real knowledge of the previous games though Dawn of the Dragon made a few references to Spyro 2 with Hunter and Avalar and Skylanders had Moneybags in his proper outfit.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#45 Posted: 22:26:04 02/11/2011
Quote: StevemacQ
Yes. A Hero's Tail changed too much of Spyro with the music sounding nothing like the previous titles, the lack of portals, the change to the sound when you pick up gems and the swapping of the charge and flame button which is such a terrible move.

Ever since Enter the Dragonfly, the series lost it's identity because new developers always make a new Spyro without real knowledge of the previous games though Dawn of the Dragon made a few references to Spyro 2 with Hunter and Avalar and Skylanders had Moneybags in his proper outfit.

I don't think A Hero's Tail was changed that much once compared with the games of LoS. That was the most annoying thing, changing the flame and charge around, why would they do that? I don't even know.

It was quite cool to see those references in later games but after a while they turn out to be too different anyway in my opinion.
---
#46 Posted: 22:50:51 02/11/2011

I don't think A Hero's Tail was changed that much once compared with the games of LoS. That was the most annoying thing, changing the flame and charge around, why would they do that? I don't even know.

It was quite cool to see those references in later games but after a while they turn out to be too different anyway in my opinion.

I know what you mean. I never played any LoS game but I heard Hunter is much more serious which doesn't sound right because I prefer him being a goof.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#47 Posted: 22:52:34 02/11/2011

I know what you mean. I never played any LoS game but I heard Hunter is much more serious which doesn't sound right because I prefer him being a goof.

I've played all three LoS games, and Hunter is not in ANB and TEN, only in DOTD. You only really seem him in the first three levels of the game. He just talks normally, I don't think he shows much of a personality in LoS really.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:52:55 02/11/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#48 Posted: 02:56:08 05/11/2011
AHT is one of my all-time favorite Spyro games. It DOES have easter-eggs from the first three classics, if you look closley enough, but people rarely do that anymore and just look at the big picture.

Also, I just can't see how people hate this game? It looks fine to me. Great graphics, story line, and characters.
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#49 Posted: 22:59:40 07/11/2011
Quote: spyrathedragon
AHT is one of my all-time favorite Spyro games. It DOES have easter-eggs from the first three classics, if you look closley enough, but people rarely do that anymore and just look at the big picture.

Also, I just can't see how people hate this game? It looks fine to me. Great graphics, story line, and characters.

It's the opposite, graphics are weak in comparison to Ratchet & Clank, story is non-existent and as for characters... I'm not really sure of that. The game itself is broken with glitches and long loading times and little variety and nothing new.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#50 Posted: 23:14:34 07/11/2011
Quote: spyrathedragon

It's the opposite, graphics are weak in comparison to Ratchet & Clank, story is non-existent and as for characters... I'm not really sure of that. The game itself is broken with glitches and long loading times and little variety and nothing new.

I do agree with you.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:15:06 07/11/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me