New Spyro game? [CLOSED]
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#401 Posted: 02:57:35 06/10/2010
You never know what thoughts run in there mind. :\
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
SpyroFanatic101 Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#402 Posted: 03:33:39 06/10/2010
if thats what is from "what are ya doin to spyro." then they should literally throw the buisness into the gutter if some one person makes them go cry and pull a plug on any game, then i would rather see them pass spyro on to a more open community
---
I completely agree with the statement above...
S240sx24 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1970
#403 Posted: 06:02:56 06/10/2010
The only thing i wish is that the game is gonna be playable on the other systems as well other than nintendo. Now what was that aura? Activision is gonna come out with a nascar game next year?! You got to be kidding me.... A nascar game? I love Nascar and am a big fan but activision makes the worse racing games, Blur and monster jam are both being examples. EA made awesome nascar games till they started to focus on the NFS games, Code masters make great racing games example Dirt2 and Grid and polyphony well is a all around a great racing game company plus they have some Nascar cup cars. Anyways I think they ought to stick with action games, adventure type of games. But i think we should cool it and just wait and see lets not pressure them trust me if i can wait 5 years for a game GT5 as a example then another year wont kill ya.
---
please let me know what you think about my art, I'd really appreciate it.
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=27051
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#404 Posted: 06:07:59 06/10/2010
Yes, they are making a NASCAR game sadly. It's coming out in February.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox36...80097&mode=news
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:50:59 06/10/2010 by Aura24
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#405 Posted: 06:36:21 06/10/2010
Quote: DarkCynder_543
^ ...and if any company can save the Spyro series, it's Nintendo.

Yeah, I agree. It's such a shame they won't pick him up smilie
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#406 Posted: 06:47:17 06/10/2010
Hmm it seems the link is broken? it wont come up but what the heck? i'll be the beta tester for that game i'll know if it passes or not.
---
rept7 Blue Sparx Gems: 826
#407 Posted: 18:50:25 06/10/2010
do you know how awesome it would be if Nintendo picked up Spyro? If that happens, then they almost have no choice. They would have to put Spyro in the next super smash bros.

On the other hand they could screw it up like I think they are doing with Sonic (Sonic Colors?).
---
7 Ain't so lucky anymore.
ShadowDragon91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1427
#408 Posted: 19:41:16 06/10/2010
Quote: Spyroo
If they do decide it will be only for Nintendo consoles, we may have other things to worry about....

SPYRO PARTY - Spyro and his friends have been sent into the Chroniclers book by a magical force! Play with up to 4 friends on 7 different boards! YEAH!

Spyro Party??? That sounds like a rip-off of the Mario Party series. If they made a game like that, I would start hating it.
---
It is not wise to meddle in the affairs of dragons, fore thou art crunchy, and taste of chicken...
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#409 Posted: 20:09:01 06/10/2010
Quote:
And I think I'm the only person who is happy about the games only being released on the Wii and DS. I have both the DS and Wii, and this could be a sign that Activision is working with Nintendo or something. Nintendo is an awesome company, making so many great games, and if any company can save the Spyro series, it's Nintendo.

You're not the only one... smilie
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#410 Posted: 20:14:59 06/10/2010
Quote: ShadowDragon91
Quote: Spyroo
If they do decide it will be only for Nintendo consoles, we may have other things to worry about....

SPYRO PARTY - Spyro and his friends have been sent into the Chroniclers book by a magical force! Play with up to 4 friends on 7 different boards! YEAH!

Spyro Party??? That sounds like a rip-off of the Mario Party series. If they made a game like that, I would start hating it.

That's the joke.
---
Eh.
#411 Posted: 20:16:41 06/10/2010
Quote: IsisStormDragon
Quote:
And I think I'm the only person who is happy about the games only being released on the Wii and DS. I have both the DS and Wii, and this could be a sign that Activision is working with Nintendo or something. Nintendo is an awesome company, making so many great games, and if any company can save the Spyro series, it's Nintendo.

You're not the only one... smilie

*raises hand* Me too!
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#412 Posted: 20:19:21 06/10/2010
Yeah spyro needs to be one of the platformers that needs to be on another console other than nintendo, nintendo has enough platforming games as it is, Xbox we can count out since they only care about hardcore shooter games, and sony has some platformers but needs more I believe if spyro is done right it can be back at the top with mario and the others. Plus knowing nintendo they would put spyro in the super smask brothers game would be cool but, i know nintendo would make spyro very kiddie like, the only two games that are nintendo that aint kiddie like is metroid & zelda but even zelda was dumb down abit even at E3 that was said between critics. So im not sure spyro needs to be an nintendo exclusive, he needs to move forward not backwards, the processing power on the Xbox and PS3 is so much better and theres more space to be occupied on the Blu ray discs and HD disks than a DVD on a Wii console, now i wouldnt mind if there were some exclusives for the Wii consoles but a nintendo exclusive hmm i dont see this being a plus.
---
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#413 Posted: 20:22:17 06/10/2010
Spyro's never been toe to toe with Mario and co. At best, he was always the second fiddle to his more famous Playstation companion, Crash. And this is just looking at the game that sold nearly five million, the rest have been way lower than that!
---
Eh.
#414 Posted: 20:29:05 06/10/2010
Quote: S240sx24
Yeah spyro needs to be one of the platformers that needs to be on another console other than nintendo, nintendo has enough platforming games as it is, Xbox we can count out since they only care about hardcore shooter games, and sony has some platformers but needs more I believe if spyro is done right it can be back at the top with mario and the others. Plus knowing nintendo they would put spyro in the super smask brothers game would be cool but, i know nintendo would make spyro very kiddie like, the only two games that are nintendo that aint kiddie like is metroid & zelda but even zelda was dumb down abit even at E3 that was said between critics. So im not sure spyro needs to be an nintendo exclusive, he needs to move forward not backwards, the processing power on the Xbox and PS3 is so much better and theres more space to be occupied on the Blu ray discs and HD disks than a DVD on a Wii console, now i wouldnt mind if there were some exclusives for the Wii consoles but a nintendo exclusive hmm i dont see this being a plus.

Depends on what your idea of 'kiddie like' is, really. For instance, Mario isn't kiddie like, it's more of a family game.

I agree the other consoles are more powerful, however, that doesn't mean they can do better. It all depends on the company. They may feel that the Wiimote is better suited for the game (don't include the ripoff variations Sony & Microsoft have made - How many people would buy that just for a Spyro game? He's not popular enough, sadly).
---
#415 Posted: 21:59:54 06/10/2010
Look on the bright side, if Spyro's an Nintendo exclusive, there is a chance he could be in the next Super Smash Brows game. smilie
---
#416 Posted: 22:10:10 06/10/2010
Yeah i guess but the Wii? out all game consoles standard def? not great physics really? The PS3 and Xbox have caught up with the Wii regardless if its a rip off version they as good as the Wii, im not saying it should be a PS or Xbox exclusive but at least a multi- platformer game not just an exclusive if it were the case. I think its going backwards really and yeah but spyro's been up there regardless competiting either way plus mario has been out way longer so obviously hes gonna have a much bigger fan base than spyro and crash well i guess he's dropped out of the race because i dont know if another game is coming out, so spyro is left i really think there should be more platformers on the other consoles too it gives variety to choose, sure they could make limited quatities of the game versus the wii consoles, but i dont know. and plus the move has been selling alot we've been out at our best buy store every time we get a shipment they are all gone in a hour. we order at least 40 of them and they are gone that quickly, the wii personally has nothing against the other consoles but i like how nintendo brought back the old titles that built their company. For me what im trying to get at is why should spyro be an nintendo exclusive then why transformers game is on the wii too when in fact thats a game that hardly sells on the Wii, shouldnt the rolls be reversed? spyro be a multiplatformer and transformers be a Xbox or PS3 thing? or both those two consoles. but hey hopefully spyro comes out on the other consoles too if not well thats ashame and spyro for me stops. Unless nintendo makes the Wii HD then i'll get it because the graphics should be awesome, but to be honest nintendo never made their name on graphics mostly family type of games what they are known for.
---
#417 Posted: 23:33:47 06/10/2010
I kinda feel ashamed of buying a Playstation game that was published by Activision, and I didn't know it was published by them at the time..
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#418 Posted: 23:42:16 06/10/2010
S240sx24...

I really don't see your point. smilie Do you hate Nintendo or something?

'OMIGOSH NINTENDO IS KIDDIE SPYRO CAN'T BE KIDDIE' is all I'm getting. Last I checked, Spyro was a children's franchise ( yes, that includes LOS, oddly enough; it's still pretty kid-friendly).

And also... Graphics aren't everything. Sure, they are important, but they don't automatically a game good or bad. What do you want? Realistic blood or something? smilie

And one more thing... There IS a Transformers game on the PS3/Xbox 360, last I checked.
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#419 Posted: 00:06:46 07/10/2010
I'm sort of hoping that it turns out to be for the PS2/PS3, but more for personal reasons:

1) I actually had enough trouble convincing my mom to buy me a PS3 in the first place, there's no way I can convince her within the next few years to let me get a Wii.

2) I spaz with the Wiimote smilie; Motion controls set me on edge. Sure, classic controller I know, but that's just ANOTHER thing to buy o.o

Yeah, DS, I have one of those and could (and will if necessary) get that version, though I'm noticing this pattern in the last two Spyro DS versions: The fact you can just RUN past EVERYTHING that isn't magically blocking a door or a boss and win smilie Sure that was probably just the LoS phase, but still...

That and I also prefer things on a bigger screen smilie;
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#420 Posted: 00:26:27 07/10/2010
Yeah i guess but the Wii? out all game consoles standard def? not great physics really? The PS3 and Xbox have caught up with the Wii regardless if its a rip off version they as good as the Wii, im not saying it should be a PS or Xbox exclusive but at least a multi- platformer game not just an exclusive if it were the case. I think its going backwards really and yeah but spyro's been up there regardless competiting either way plus mario has been out way longer so obviously hes gonna have a much bigger fan base than spyro and crash well i guess he's dropped out of the race because i dont know if another game is coming out, so spyro is left i really think there should be more platformers on the other consoles too it gives variety to choose, sure they could make limited quatities of the game versus the wii consoles, but i dont know. and plus the move has been selling alot we've been out at our best buy store every time we get a shipment they are all gone in a hour. we order at least 40 of them and they are gone that quickly, the wii personally has nothing against the other consoles but i like how nintendo brought back the old titles that built their company. For me what im trying to get at is why should spyro be an nintendo exclusive then why transformers game is on the wii too when in fact thats a game that hardly sells on the Wii, shouldnt the rolls be reversed? spyro be a multiplatformer and transformers be a Xbox or PS3 thing? or both those two consoles. but hey hopefully spyro comes out on the other consoles too if not well thats ashame and spyro for me stops. Unless nintendo makes the Wii HD then i'll get it because the graphics should be awesome, but to be honest nintendo never made their name on graphics mostly family type of games what they are known for.

Dude, listen: Graphics. Aren't. Everything!

Aren't there any older games of Spyro or not that you enjoy? Do they have good graphics by today's standards? Do you still like them all the same? If you answered yes to the first and no to the second and yes to the third, then what are you so worried about? Chill, it may seem to be Nintendo exclusive for now, but more consoles may come later, and also they haven't said that Nintendo will be involved with the making of the next game, so they could still have chosen a developer who'll make a game more like you're hoping for. And even if the console will not support the graphics you desire, don't worry because the gameplay and story could still be good, and that IS what REALLY matters after all, right?
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
minredd Blue Sparx Gems: 698
#421 Posted: 00:53:28 07/10/2010
I'm just kinda glad that they've been doing SOMETHING with Spyro. Also, just because Activision has it doesn't mean it'll be bad, it could have a lot to do with the specific developers. After all, Activision has Blizzard who made World of Warcraft, one of the most popular games in the world.

I'll be happy or pessimistic once I see some stuff from the game. Can't judge a book by its title.
#422 Posted: 00:54:18 07/10/2010
Exactly.
---
#423 Posted: 01:18:53 07/10/2010
Yes i know I have the transformers game on the PS3 what im saying is sometimes i dont understand activision on what they do, example war for cybertron was made for all the consoles including the Wii, which I dont understand the logic nobody plays 3rd person shooting games on a Wii, like dead space extraction which was EA, what i dont understand is why all these games are being made for the Wii since hardly any people buy these games for the system. But anyways no i dont hate nintendo but it seems that Almost ALL the muti-plateformers are on the Wii and spyro was the last one that i enjoyed on the PS plateform. But we'll see, what happens I dont hate nintendo since I own a DS. But yeah the Wii, i dont like the controls its cool if you wanna workout but all the time uhh yeah not a big fan. I did enjoy the old games and they are fun to play for 5 minutes then it gets repetitive. But i just wonder why the game was in listed for nintendo first? usually all console games come out at the same time, meh i just guessing. Now what puzzles me is why the big secret on spyro? Are we gonna expect something huge from them?
---
#424 Posted: 01:25:27 07/10/2010
I thought Dead Space: Extraction sold decently... Also, it was a third person shooter? I read the article for it, and it sounded like first person to me. But I never played the game, so maybe I'm wrong.

Wait...War for Cybertron was on the Wii? I didn't know it was... smilie
#425 Posted: 01:37:01 07/10/2010
I think War for Cybertron was multiplatform, and I heard it was a really good game. Also there's the Conduit for Wii that I know involves shooting but have no idea what else the game entails. And as for it being on the Wii if it was already for Xbox and Playstation then why not Wii it?
#426 Posted: 01:42:41 07/10/2010
Odd. Always thought it wasn't. smilie And I agree..
#427 Posted: 07:51:08 07/10/2010
Yeah war for cybertron was on the wii just it was called cybertron adventures. and it was not as good as the PS3 & Xbox version, the controls oh man im not gonna go there, but what i was trying to say not many people buy the game for the wii and yet they made it for the wii so with that i hope the new spyro game falls under the whole playable game thing for all the consoles. I at least think they should make a limited quantity for the games on the Xbox or PS3 and alot on the wii. I'd rather have a shortage and order more knowing that the item is selling and there is a demand for it, than a surplus of games that i have just sitting there and not selling, and im saying this for the Xbox and PS3 consoles so that way they really wont spend alot of money while having enough money gained for the consumer that have the other consoles be able to play it too. And dead space extraction was meh ok in sales for the wii, but not by much until EA said Dead space 2 was coming then everybody is gonna wait for that game trust me. And war for cybertron on the PS3 is a great game the storyline was great even the voicing for it was awesome, they used peter cullen as optimus prime the original optimus to voice him a fantastic job i'll say Activision did there, and the storyline goes hand to hand with the movies, i will say there are a few things that can be improved but overall i liked it, if spyro had siliar qualities that transformers had in the sense of how it was put together than DOTD would have been great unfortunatly no. Oh well what can you do, hopefully spyro makes a comeback and from the looks of it looks like he'll come back strong.
---
#428 Posted: 08:56:56 07/10/2010
Guys, remember, you could be playing a Spyro game in 3D.
---
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#429 Posted: 09:14:40 07/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: minredd
I'm just kinda glad that they've been doing SOMETHING with Spyro. Also, just because Activision has it doesn't mean it'll be bad, it could have a lot to do with the specific developers. After all, Activision has Blizzard who made World of Warcraft, one of the most popular games in the world.

I'll be happy or pessimistic once I see some stuff from the game. Can't judge a book by its title.

That doesn't help much...
Blizzard has their own 3 big franchises(Warcraft,Starcraft,Diablo)
And therefore have plenty of stuff to work on.
I don't think they would ever make a Spyro game...(if thats what you meant)

Correct me if I'm wrong,but don't they make PC games only?
#430 Posted: 11:11:31 07/10/2010
I meant that just because Activision has the rights doesn't mean it'll tank, I wanted to point out the popularity of a game under Activision.

@DarkCynder: 3DS Spyro? That would be cool, but the 3DS won't be out in America for a good amount of time. I believe the release date was April.
Omikron Dragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2227
#431 Posted: 20:07:15 07/10/2010
Did anyone checked this voice actor page again?

http://www.tombrom.com/index.p...g&id=1&Itemid=2

"Spyro's Kingdom" title vanished without trace.
---
"Life is one long process of getting tired."- Samuel Butler
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#432 Posted: 20:09:00 07/10/2010
Yeah, we mentioned it one or two pages back. He most likely removed it because of all of the emails he's gotten because of it.
Omikron Dragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2227
#433 Posted: 20:10:23 07/10/2010
Ok thanks Darby (btw ...poor guy smilie ).
---
"Life is one long process of getting tired."- Samuel Butler
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:11:31 07/10/2010 by Omikron Dragon
#434 Posted: 20:11:59 07/10/2010
Haha yeahh
But it still mentions Spyro's Kingdom on his other sites.
#435 Posted: 20:39:15 07/10/2010
haha i find it funny about the big secret about spyros game why so much fuss? well maybe we are all expecting a huge surprise.
---
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#436 Posted: 20:59:39 07/10/2010
Again, when information is leaked, there is almost no way to un-leak it.
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:00:25 07/10/2010 by Forgotten World
#437 Posted: 21:40:28 07/10/2010
haha i find it funny about the big secret about spyros game why so much fuss? well maybe we are all expecting a huge surprise.

I am, at least XP

But ah, the vid has turned into a classic VS TLOS war yet again.

Good for us, we haven't had any arguments like that over here! smilie
---
#438 Posted: 22:10:14 07/10/2010
I meant that just because Activision has the rights doesn't mean it'll tank, I wanted to point out the popularity of a game under Activision.

@DarkCynder: 3DS Spyro? That would be cool, but the 3DS won't be out in America for a good amount of time. I believe the release date was April.

And Spyro probably won't come out until Spring/fall 2011.
---
#439 Posted: 22:11:02 07/10/2010
Yeah alot of people are fighting again over that video. Well it could be TLOS or classic as long as i'll be able to play it i'll be relieved. But i sense E3 will shed some light on spyro for sure. Now has anybody notcied the ratchet &clank, sly, and jak & daxter game coming for the PS3? I find it odd as to why combine the three into one game, im just interested by this, not a game i would buy since im not a fan of any of those characters maybe abit for ratchet and clank but still wonder if that game is gonna be competition for spyro.
---
#440 Posted: 22:22:09 07/10/2010
All I ask for:
FUN
Good-looking, non perv-attracting characters
Likable characters who fit well with the story
FUN
Humor
Minigames and sidequests(to some degree at least)
FUN
Worthwhile collectables that actually add to the game and replay value
Free roaming
FUN
Bright, colorful, good looking landscapes
Well thought out story
FUN!!!
---
#441 Posted: 22:33:48 07/10/2010
I like for the combat to make a return but not as much as DOTD was, i want the combat to be cut doen by 50 percent. to keep the game interesting, free roaming is a BIG time must, i'd like the same graphics that were in DOTD, Side quests yes, more worlds or places to visit, make the game longer, yes more collectables and some sort of online play like co op play or something i know they can pull it off it thought out right and its been 2 years so some thought has been put in for that long.
---
#442 Posted: 22:43:29 07/10/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
All I ask for:
FUN
Good-looking, non perv-attracting characters
Likable characters who fit well with the story
FUN
Humor
Minigames and sidequests(to some degree at least)
FUN
Worthwhile collectables that actually add to the game and replay value
Free roaming
FUN
Bright, colorful, good looking landscapes
Well thought out story
FUN!!!

This. However, also want the original characters to return without a personality change. And everyone isn't all serious.

I also want Cynder to get out of here. However, if she gets a better personality, and her design is similar to her TEN design, then I will gladly accept her. But until that happens, I want someone to shoot her in the head, or throw a bolder on her.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:46:07 07/10/2010 by DarkCynder_543
#443 Posted: 22:57:39 07/10/2010

And Spyro probably won't come out until Spring/fall 2011.

But it's been in process since 2009, I don't think it will be 3D
#444 Posted: 23:48:25 07/10/2010
And that process is still going on today. June 2009 - Present.
---
#445 Posted: 00:59:13 08/10/2010
I hate looking at the comments on that video.. smilie I'm so glad I'm not involved in that. They should disable the comments.. It's ridiculous.
#446 Posted: 01:25:54 08/10/2010
The war will go on forever, I'm guessing. I mean, if they continue TLOS, the original fans will complain, if they go back to the originals, the TLOS fans will complain, and if they do a reboot, both fans will complain....
---
Aqua-Dragoness Gold Sparx Gems: 2851
#447 Posted: 01:32:22 08/10/2010
The war will go on forever, I'm guessing. I mean, if they continue TLOS, the original fans will complain, if they go back to the originals, the TLOS fans will complain, and if they do a reboot, both fans will complain....

Maybe they'll like it together--or, gain new fans.
#448 Posted: 02:00:09 08/10/2010
If they would to gain new fans, then the war will just expand, and it would be Classic vs TLOS vs Reboot.
---
#449 Posted: 02:02:09 08/10/2010
Indeed...
Aqua-Dragoness Gold Sparx Gems: 2851
#450 Posted: 02:02:45 08/10/2010
And we wouldn't want that! '^^
First | Previous | Page 9 of 136 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 134 135 136

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me