Page 1 of 1
Fairy Glitch [CLOSED]
RubyWings91 Blue Sparx Gems: 738
#1 Posted: 16:25:35 02/08/2010 | Topic Creator
Alright, pritty much everyone knows how, when Spyro dies after reaching a fairy, he starts back up at that point where the fairy is the fairy. Well, sometimes, in my gamecube game, when he comes back, I start moving him around and the screen doesn't follow him, it gets stuck behind the fairy.

For example, at the Monkey Monastary, when Spyro flew down from the cliff with the fairy to the one with the two mamoths, a monkey and the portal back to the Dragon Realms, My screen stayed with the fairy as he flew off into the distance and got too far away to see but I could see the mamoths moving in toward him once he landed(Why else would they suddenly converge on one point?). I couldn't pause the game or any thing but I could still controll Spyro, because, I think I managed to get him to drop off a cliff before the mamoths killed him, I didn't want to but there was nothing I could really do. He lost a life and reappeared. The screen corrected itself and I went on with my game.

It's happened in a couple of other places where I couldn't even resort to that, so I had to reset the Gamecube when they happened.

Has this type of thing ever happened to anyone else?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:26:06 02/08/2010 by RubyWings91
Pyro-Spyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#2 Posted: 16:32:43 02/08/2010
Oh yeah! That also has happened to me with certain walls and gates, where the camera just stays there... But I could still pause the game. It gets really annoying, doesn't it??
#3 Posted: 16:37:56 02/08/2010 | Topic Creator
Pyro-Spyro:
Quote:
Oh yeah! That also has happened to me with certain walls and gates, where the camera just stays there... But I could still pause the game. It gets really annoying, doesn't it??

I've seen those ones too. There's also one where if you charge at the gates just right, you can get through them without opening them. I got past the ice gate before I got ice breath that way once.
Jade Wolf Green Sparx Gems: 420
#4 Posted: 16:40:01 02/08/2010
I don't remember this ever happening to me...

Oh, you were playing on Gamecube, correct? I always played on PS2 before I sold it.
#5 Posted: 16:46:48 02/08/2010 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I've got the gamecube version. I wonder why the different systems have different sets of glitches, it's really weird.
Pyro-Spyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#6 Posted: 16:49:24 02/08/2010
Quote: RubyWings91
Pyro-Spyro:
Quote:

I've seen those ones too. There's also one where if you charge at the gates just right, you can get through them without opening them. I got past the ice gate before I got ice breath that way once.

Yep, I've done that too! smilie
#7 Posted: 17:47:24 02/08/2010
Quote: RubyWings91
Yeah, I've got the gamecube version. I wonder why the different systems have different sets of glitches, it's really weird.

Probably because of the system itself. Different consoles have different properties, ya know.
#8 Posted: 18:31:03 02/08/2010 | Topic Creator
That would make sense.
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#9 Posted: 22:28:46 02/08/2010
I've had something similar - The camera has still followed me, but right after coming back on screen, Spyro starts walking without moving his legs.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#10 Posted: 01:19:31 03/08/2010 | Topic Creator
Spyroo:
Quote:
I've had something similar - The camera has still followed me, but right after coming back on screen, Spyro starts walking without moving his legs.

That happens about every time I leave a mini challenge, such as those with the cannons or planes, to return to a main level.
#11 Posted: 01:29:11 03/08/2010
Seems like that has happened to me before.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me