Page 1 of 1
Best game eva?! (Spyro game) [CLOSED]
Azul10166 Green Sparx Gems: 397
#1 Posted: 21:49:29 30/05/2010 | Topic Creator
Do you think this, the 2nd one, or the 3rd Spyro game eva is the the best?
---
Okami FTW.
Along with Spyro and some other things... smilie
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#2 Posted: 21:57:24 30/05/2010
Maybe others will have different opinions about the original trilogy being the best.
But anyway, I love STD the most. It's a classic game that SHOULD have gone down in history! Spyro would've been up there with Mario and Sonic if Universal didn't make the developer change! (Not saying it was COMPLETELY bad, but it would have been much better if they didn't.)
#3 Posted: 23:52:36 30/05/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: GamingMaster_76
Maybe others will have different opinions about the original trilogy being the best.
But anyway, I love STD the most. It's a classic game that SHOULD have gone down in history! Spyro would've been up there with Mario and Sonic if Universal didn't make the developer change! (Not saying it was COMPLETELY bad, but it would have been much better if they didn't.)

STD was AWSOME! It came out in 1998, so it came out a year before I was born. I've been playing it since I was 4 I think, (maybe 3) and I loved Classic Spyro until TLoS came out. (which was when I was 6, but I played it when I was 8)
---
Okami FTW.
#4 Posted: 06:16:48 31/05/2010
I like new Spyro, but not as much. STD also came out a year before I was born too.
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#5 Posted: 11:30:19 31/05/2010
i love this game the most out of the originals.
Light dragon Green Sparx Gems: 457
#6 Posted: 21:35:08 04/06/2010
First spyro game I ever played. It was and always will be a legendary game
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#7 Posted: 22:16:57 04/06/2010
Quote: Light dragon

it was the first game i played too.
#8 Posted: 13:58:51 05/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: torok

Me too!
---
Okami FTW.
ice_bomb Blue Sparx Gems: 833
#9 Posted: 19:33:14 05/06/2010
Quote: Azul10166
Quote: torok

Me too!

Me too! smilie
---
I thought we were ready... I thought they were safe. Please click my eggs!

Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#10 Posted: 20:41:50 06/08/2010
STD was the best game Ever!
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#11 Posted: 21:07:41 06/08/2010
It was a classic masterpiece that started it all :3
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#12 Posted: 02:26:55 07/08/2010
Quote: Aura24
It was a classic masterpiece that started it all :3

It sure was.
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
Crashfan25 Ripto Gems: 496
#13 Posted: 03:56:59 07/08/2010
I can't decide between Gateway to Glimmer and Year of the Dragon. To me, they're equally the number 1 best Spyro game.
Paplok Yellow Sparx Gems: 1754
#14 Posted: 12:26:50 07/08/2010
I love original Spyro trilogy, I have StD on CD, but it is somehow destroyed and I have no music smilie Only steps, wind, fire breathing, this jumping "frog" sound, but no music... Damn it.
Omikron Dragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2227
#15 Posted: 13:23:12 07/08/2010
Quote: Crashfan25
I can't decide between Gateway to Glimmer and Year of the Dragon. To me, they're equally the number 1 best Spyro game.

I think Ripto's Rage/Gateway to Glimmer is superior over StD and YotD in every aspect besides music (however homeworld's music from Spyro2 is my personal favorite smilie ).
Anyway no doubt : Spyro original trilogy should be considered as the best series ever.
---
"Life is one long process of getting tired."- Samuel Butler
#16 Posted: 14:37:16 07/08/2010
About StD trilogy music: I love Peace Keepers theme, it's so... cool smilie I like banjo music (this guitar-looking intrument). I also like all homeworlds themes, from each Spyro game from original StD trilogy.
#17 Posted: 18:01:23 14/08/2010
For me, StD was tons better than DotD.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#18 Posted: 18:37:22 14/08/2010
Tons? I would say that DotD is not worthy enough to clean StD's cover.
Crashfan25 Ripto Gems: 496
#19 Posted: 06:58:09 15/08/2010
Quote: Omikron Dragon

Anyway no doubt : Spyro original trilogy should be considered as the best series ever.

I unfortunately have to disagree, considering that a series where you play as an orange box-breaking marsupial came out two years before STD, which I consider the best series ever.

Of course, out of the Spyro series the Insomniac series were the best ones. From those on, the series kept rolling downhill(with few expections, such as A Hero's Tail), until eventually being ruined by the disgrace called Legenf of Zel- I mean, LoS.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#20 Posted: 16:03:14 15/08/2010
The best game... Eva?
#21 Posted: 19:24:25 16/08/2010
Title should be more specific. smilie
Dead Space = Best Game
---
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#22 Posted: 09:53:16 03/09/2010
I love STD and GTG, but I prefer YOTD. I just love playing as the other four characters and not one main character sucks in the game.... :P

I agree with this. Each Spyro game just got better and better in it's own way (only talking about the first three games here. YOTD > GTG > STD. But STD is still a great game. I just prefer helping cute characters in each level. ETD would of been just as great as the first three if Universal didn't rush the developers so it could come out during Christmas. I don't see whats so wrong about delaying it, and releasing it next year around Christmas time). If Insomniac held onto the series and continued to make more games, then Spyro could have been just as popular as Mario today. I mean, Spyro original could have continued on and on, and never get old, like Pokemon. They say that they couldn't think of another storyline, but I think that's total bull****. There are thousands of storylines they could have done, and I can think of about fifty right now.

But what do we have now? Crappy The Legend of Spyro. That's what. >.< The reason why I hate it so much is because it ruined my childhood, and killed Spyro, because of how different it was. I miss all the old characters from YOTD, and I doubt I will ever see them again now. ;__;
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#23 Posted: 12:53:44 03/09/2010
I don't think Spyro or Crash or anything would have ever been able to compete with Mario or Sonic, unfortunately. They were actually pretty lucky to be as popular as they were to begin with, given that there were many, many other series like them at the time. Then the new gen came, and pretty much everyone but Mario alone got completely shafted for the wave of new iconic franchises like Halo and GTA (and even Mario was slightly affected by it). Besides, even if there were Spyro equivalents which were by Insomniac and to the classic theme, they've been done better by the more iconic spearheads (the parallel of Shadow Legacy, I predict, might have cone close to PiT, but BIS would have curbstomped it like it did everything else in its genre).

...Anyway, I think GtG and YotD are better, but the bosses in the original are more fun and the character cast is more witty. Maybe it's due to the fact that I grew up with GtG and YotD, and not the original.
---
Eh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:54:40 03/09/2010 by Burning Gnorc
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#24 Posted: 00:04:23 05/09/2010
I don't see how it's not possible. I mean, Spyro 1, 2 and 3 sold at least 20 million copies. If Insomniac kept making more games, then it probably would have risen to 30 million, maybe even more. But because all the games sucked after 3, it went down hill. >.<
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
claw Blue Sparx Gems: 685
#25 Posted: 17:26:39 13/10/2010
I like spyro 1 the best,it has the best music,best level and best enemies.
---
No signature for you!
darkdragon50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2167
#26 Posted: 19:08:41 13/10/2010
First video game I ever played. It has been my favorite Spyro game since I first played it.
---
R E V A L I ' S G A L E I S N O W R E A D Y
madison-dwrd Emerald Sparx Gems: 3201
#27 Posted: 22:16:42 12/12/2010
First game = best game, in my opinion. That's all I have to say about that. Its my favorite game ever!
---
You gotta believe!
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#28 Posted: 22:29:36 12/12/2010
One of my most favourite games on the PlayStation.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#29 Posted: 05:13:18 13/12/2010
Quote: Paplok
About StD trilogy music: I love Peace Keepers theme, it's so... cool smilie I like banjo music (this guitar-looking intrument). I also like all homeworlds themes, from each Spyro game from original StD trilogy.

Banjo?!?! This can only mean one thing...

[User Posted Image]
(5 points for whoever gets the reference first)
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#30 Posted: 01:42:37 14/12/2010
It's hard to choose which one out of the three is the best... although I really do love the first one. Classics are always the best, though, no doubt about it.
#31 Posted: 15:42:26 14/12/2010
Quote: Paplok

Banjo?!?! This can only mean one thing...

[User Posted Image]
(5 points for whoever gets the reference first)

Yep, now I'll buy you a pint smilie You've got the p(o)int!
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#32 Posted: 00:35:30 15/12/2010
I first was my favorite, the third was my next favorite, and (accept for Elora) I didn't really like the second one.
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
#33 Posted: 10:26:04 18/12/2010
I wouldn't say that this is the best game ever, the story is very basic, most of the cutscenes are kind of pointless, I just think that the level design is cool, the best game ever for me, would be GTA: San Andreas.
---
spyro14ever Green Sparx Gems: 374
#34 Posted: 02:32:20 22/12/2010
I'll always love the original StD the most! It's my 8th favorite game of all time! smilie
---
Dawn of the Dragon is the best Spyro game since the original trilogy.
Better? No.
Awesome? Yes.
#35 Posted: 12:01:17 24/12/2010
Quote:
the parallel of Shadow Legacy, I predict, might have cone close to PiT

Why am I the only one who thinks PiT was a horrible, worthless game filled with bugs and plotholes and that it never should have been made? It's a thousand times worse than EtD was made out to be, and avoiding bugs EtD was actually a very good game and people complain about the loading times too much... Which aren't even that bad.

Yes, I am in a bad mood, but only because you mentioned PiT, the game tha- *shot*
#36 Posted: 12:40:12 24/12/2010
You are not,. I personally enjoyd it, but I know that PiT is viewed as the black sheep of the M&L series, and not as critically acclaimed.

Oh yeah, I should have addressed this a while ago;

Quote: DarkCynder_543
I don't see how it's not possible. I mean, Spyro 1, 2 and 3 sold at least 20 million copies. If Insomniac kept making more games, then it probably would have risen to 30 million, maybe even more. But because all the games sucked after 3, it went down hill. >.<

Hah, no. For several reasons;

1. They sold about 13 million copies, not 20 million. The other 7 million would come from every Spyro game after the trilogy and before TEN (according to an official press release).
2. Insomniac have come out and said that they got bored with the franchise due to Spyro's limitations. If they kept working on it, it'd probably crash and burn after 2 games.
3. Platformers have been on the decline anyway, all franchises have felt it, they would never get close to 30 million.
---
Eh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:40:54 24/12/2010 by Burning Gnorc
#37 Posted: 12:41:39 24/12/2010
Quote:
the parallel of Shadow Legacy, I predict, might have cone close to PiT

Why am I the only one who thinks PiT was a horrible, worthless game filled with bugs and plotholes and that it never should have been made? It's a thousand times worse than EtD was made out to be, and avoiding bugs EtD was actually a very good game and people complain about the loading times too much... Which aren't even that bad.

Yes, I am in a bad mood, but only because you mentioned PiT, the game tha- *shot*

I've never even heard of the game.
---
#38 Posted: 13:21:38 24/12/2010
PiT stands for Partners in Time. The second Mario&Luigi RPG, it feature said characters teaming u with their baby selves to stop an alien invasion.

I did like the Thwomp Volcano section especially.
---
Eh.
#39 Posted: 22:15:21 24/12/2010
That was the only decent section. The rest was horrible. And there were only about 4 good songs in the soundtrack. The boss battles were too hard and the storyline was horribly unoriginal and predictable. Also, it's horrible not only as a Mario game- it'd be exactly the same to me as a sequel to E.T.(the lowest rated game of all time, with an average score of 1).
lolwhut Emerald Sparx Gems: 4146
#40 Posted: 19:56:43 12/07/2011
Spyro 2
---
DeviantArt: ThatSketchyDragon
Superspyrodude Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#41 Posted: 20:27:54 12/07/2011
Spyro 1.

No wait! Spyro 2!

No no, wait! Spyro 3!

...depends on which timeframe you take your time machine and question to. Each is great, and really I consider the first three to be one in the same, just on three different discs due to CD capacity issues. xp

I've got history with all of them. Therefore I like them all. If they would have introduced the games they're introducing now back then, I would have liked them all just as much. I was just a fan of Spyro in general, but the nostalgia has been attacking me recently so it's hard to give newer stuff the same attention. //offtopicslightly//
---
I'm a music composer!
I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him, I am nothing. ~Sergei Rachmaninoff
#42 Posted: 20:42:11 12/07/2011
Quote: Superspyrodude
Spyro 1.

No wait! Spyro 2!

No no, wait! Spyro 3!

...depends on which timeframe you take your time machine and question to. Each is great, and really I consider the first three to be one in the same, just on three different discs due to CD capacity issues. xp

I've got history with all of them. Therefore I like them all. If they would have introduced the games they're introducing now back then, I would have liked them all just as much. I was just a fan of Spyro in general, but the nostalgia has been attacking me recently so it's hard to give newer stuff the same attention. //offtopicslightly//

It is not mainly nostalgia that I like the first three, it is because in my opinion I think they are brilliant, and have fun gameplay that outruns the basic gameplay of LoS.
---
Zpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1364
#43 Posted: 14:54:30 13/07/2011
They're all the best games ever (along with the Crash Bandicoot series, Medievil, and NiGHTS into Dreams), but the 1st one will always have a special place in my heart, being the first console game I can remember playing back when I was 3 smilie
#44 Posted: 15:16:48 13/07/2011
Quote: Zpyro
They're all the best games ever (along with the Crash Bandicoot series, Medievil, and NiGHTS into Dreams), but the 1st one will always have a special place in my heart, being the first console game I can remember playing back when I was 3 smilie

MediEvil is awesome, I wish they made more.
---
#45 Posted: 18:01:38 13/07/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

The original, a sequel and a remake. MediEvil, why did they give you up?
---
#46 Posted: 09:19:59 14/07/2011
Quote: Malefor0001
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

The original, a sequel and a remake. MediEvil, why did they give you up?

I wish Sony would port the remake onto the PS2 at least.
---
ilovespyro11 Gnorc Gems: 334
#47 Posted: 09:40:36 13/05/2012
i love spyro, but im not overly keen on this game. ive played and compleated GTG and YOTD ten times though, i love them!! smilie
Mariofanstar Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#48 Posted: 12:13:58 13/05/2012
Quote: Crashfan25
Quote: Omikron Dragon

I unfortunately have to disagree, considering that a series where you play as an orange box-breaking marsupial came out two years before STD, which I consider the best series ever.

Of course, out of the Spyro series the Insomniac series were the best ones. From those on, the series kept rolling downhill(with few expections, such as A Hero's Tail), until eventually being ruined by the disgrace called Legenf of Zel- I mean, LoS.

I've always thought ToS was unoriginal 'cause of the title. I don't understand why it infested websites such as Fanfiction.net and deviantART. Plus, I pretty much dissed ToS when I first heard about it. smilie
---
I'm officially leaving at 9:00pm.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me