First | Previous | Page 6 of 7 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
who lovesss dawn of the dragon [CLOSED]
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#251 Posted: 20:20:10 24/10/2010
Yes, I've got to agree with you. And another problem is they keep changing the voice actors for Sparx and Cynder. I understand changing it for TEN, but changing it for DotD, there was nothing wrong with her voice. But the game is still pretty good. I think the only thing that makes me like it a lot is free flight. But they limited that too. I think if Krome made it, we could have flown higher. And it would be cool to see their version of Cynder's elements and they would have made proper fury, unlike the convexity/fury beam in DotD.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#252 Posted: 21:07:19 24/10/2010
Yeah, constantly changing the voices of two of your major cast members is pretty dumb.

Meh. You give DotD more credit than I do. I would have preferred a return of flight levels like in ANB instead of the garbage flight system from DotD that isn't even as good as the one we had in the original PS1 games.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#253 Posted: 21:17:47 24/10/2010
I guess, but I like it.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
spyro16 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1710
#254 Posted: 18:29:35 29/10/2010
Quote:
But that's what YOU'RE doing. You're not respecting my opinion, it's all, "like DOTD or you're flaming it". Don't deny it. That's what's happening in this topic. No offense.

That is totally the opposite of what I'm doing and I do respect your opinions I just don't want another argument because people don't agree w/ each other and I never said that anyone NEEDS to like DotD. I really don't care if you dislike it. I like the game so thats my opinion. You have your opinions, I have mine we're square.
---
Slendy's Shadow
i love smilie smilie and smilie
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#255 Posted: 01:15:06 31/10/2010
You're missing the point.

Quote: spyro16
^You think that but not everybody does so don't go flaming it just because people like it. ETD was rushed yet nearly everyone loves that game so whats so diferent about DotD besides the legend/classic thing? No they shouldn't rush the next game cause most of us want it to be a 'better' game than DotD and if they rush it.....it would probably turn out like ETD.

You went all whiny when I said I didn't like DOTD. I never went and flamed it. I never said I was going to. I was just saying what I thought about the game.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:16:38 31/10/2010 by DarkCynder_543
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#256 Posted: 03:44:34 31/10/2010
This always happens when someone who dislikes DotD posts on a topic talking about the positive things in DotD, and vise versa.. smilie

And it's ironic that people who dislike DotD get annoyed and angry when fans post on a topic that's against DotD, and fans of DotD get annoyed when people who dislike DotD post on a topic about liking DotD, yet they still do it themselves.. And it starts an argument. I'm not aiming this at anyone in particular.. I just see it happen all the time, and I myself have done it too, I know smilie; ..It's just pointless and starts arguments. Disliking this game has nothing to do with this topic, and liking this game has nothing to do with Razz's other topic here, so it's better to stick with the topic you agree with. I'm just stating the obvious, and hopefully not adding to this argument...

To get back on topic though, I love this game, even though it's highly disliked. In fact, it used to be my favorite TLoS game, but I've grown to like ANB and TEN just as much. There are things I can criticize about it of course, there's always something. There're things I could criticize about every Spyro game.

And by what I said, I'm not trying to start a big heated debate or argument. I was thinking about erasing everything I just said because I don't want that, but I decided to risk that I guess because I just had to get that off my chest.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:15:14 31/10/2010 by Darby
crazyspyrofan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#257 Posted: 04:00:28 31/10/2010
^Sadly,you're right.
---
"This twisted game needs to be reset,"-Solo Wing Pixy,Ace Combat Zero.
#258 Posted: 04:51:23 31/10/2010
Quote: DarkCynder_543
You're missing the point.

Quote: spyro16
^You think that but not everybody does so don't go flaming it just because people like it. ETD was rushed yet nearly everyone loves that game so whats so diferent about DotD besides the legend/classic thing? No they shouldn't rush the next game cause most of us want it to be a 'better' game than DotD and if they rush it.....it would probably turn out like ETD.

You went all whiny when I said I didn't like DOTD. I never went and flamed it. I never said I was going to. I was just saying what I thought about the game.

I'm whining??? Your the young one doing the whining cause other people like DotD and you don't. I was referring 2 everyone when I said not 2 flame the game cause others like it and they don't. I have said it before and I will say it again.....the words you and your can mean talking 2 everyone and not just you so don't go saying that I'm whining about you disliking DotD cause I don't care that you dislike it.smilie I have my opinions and you have yours. I like the game and there is nothing you or anyone can say/do to change that.
---
Slendy's Shadow
crazyspyrofan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#259 Posted: 20:24:19 31/10/2010
Not to start an arguement and no offense to anyone but, Why are there DoTD haters posting on this topic anyways? I mean look at the topic title. It sort of suggests that it is for people who like DoTD not hate it.
---
"This twisted game needs to be reset,"-Solo Wing Pixy,Ace Combat Zero.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#260 Posted: 20:50:44 31/10/2010
CSF's got a good point. Here's a whole topic just for hating on DotD, from just little nitpicks to hating the whole game. Come talk with us about it.
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=34529
#261 Posted: 00:51:10 01/11/2010
Exactly what I was trying to say.

So how about we stick to why we like DotD.
#262 Posted: 06:59:59 01/11/2010
Well, it's just the fact that it's not a topic aimed at people who like it. It just says, "who loves DoTD?". It's a yes or no question, which means DOTD haters are aloud in the topic. I just hated the fact that I said I didn't like DOTD, answering the topic title question, and some person starts attacking me, and now they're too stubborn to realize they're in the wrong.
---
#263 Posted: 16:04:23 01/11/2010
DOTD is overrated. It wasn't a good game. I don't see why so many people love it more than ANB and TEN. Plus, Cynder the Marry-sue took up more of the spot light than she should have, even replacing Sparx towards the end of the game. Ugh, I just want some random dragon to shoot her already. The flying was just cr@p, you could only fly two inches off the ground. And it replaced CHARGING! Charging was a staple move that shouldn't have gotten replaced. I'd rather charge than fly, because gliding makes the game more difficult, and a plat former. The flying did nothing but ruin a joke in the Spyro games. Spyro isn't suppose to fly in game. >.<

I regret liking this game.....

Kids seem to love crappy (and emo games with annoying music) games nowhere days, and don't know what a good game is if it hit them on the head....

That's what you had said, DarkCynder..
And it definitely was asking to start an argument.
People can love DotD, you should respect that fact.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#264 Posted: 16:13:59 01/11/2010
I would post my opinions here, but it doesn't feel like a "positive feedback thread" anymore. Everyone is just arguing!
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#265 Posted: 19:59:33 01/11/2010
I agree /:
So let's just cut out the arguing and get back to the topic.
You can post your positive feedback here, wha this topic was meant for, and if you're not a fan you might want to stick to Razz's topic to avoid arguing. Tha just makes things way easier and avoids conflicts..
#266 Posted: 22:02:19 01/11/2010
I know!

I recently started playing LoS and became a fan quickly. DotD became one of my favourite videogames. I posted the elements I disliked about it in Razz's topic. I even helped keep away people that don't belong there. Now it's time I did MYSELF a favour!

Considering the fact that they didn't have much time to make it, DotD is a very complete and polished game. Graphics were amazing on Xbox 360. Adding Cynder was a great idea too. I liked the armor system, but I wished there were more pieces. I know everyone hates the flying, especially the Classic fans, but the flying was limited FOR the classic fans, as limiting the flying meant they didn't have to eliminate platforming from the game. And to those who say the Insomniac flight system would be better, no, it wouldn't. The speedways were built around SPEED. You couldn't even stop Spyro without landing, he turned quite sharply, and the camera always tried to stay behind him. This works in those games seeing as you mostly followed a linear path of hoops, among other things, but in DotD however, it doesn't, because you have to explore the levels to find stuff, AND you had two dragons to worry about. With the Insomniac flight system, co-op would be terrible.

Combat was excellent. Better than GoW IMO (I have the third one. It's good but nothing special in terms of gameplay. It has great graphics and cinematics though.) The elements are unique and make for great strategizing.

I have an actual review in the reviews section, so look there for more complete descriptions and stuff.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:02:54 01/11/2010 by sonicbrawler182
#267 Posted: 01:46:22 02/11/2010
I agree w/ the topic title cause I love the game(really I do) and I'm also a TLoS fan or a little bit of both. Despite the plot holes and some bad story plots it's a pretty good game.....well thats my opinion.
---
Slendy's Shadow
Exhumor Green Sparx Gems: 147
#268 Posted: 19:43:26 02/11/2010
It was just plain out awsome!
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#269 Posted: 19:57:03 02/11/2010
I don't think it was that great in my opinion. I hated the fighting mechanics, and the controls can be annoying, I only liked the first three levels, and the way they presented it, the rest for me is just annoying.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#270 Posted: 01:28:12 03/11/2010
I second that...there were a few levels I did not like that much and I kinda ignored the controls cause I was in2 playing it but the first time I thought the controls were weird since I was used 2 ANB and TEN. The enemies 2 me were the most annoying....I miss the older enemies.
---
Slendy's Shadow
#271 Posted: 07:51:40 03/11/2010
Quote: Darby
DOTD is overrated. It wasn't a good game. I don't see why so many people love it more than ANB and TEN. Plus, Cynder the Marry-sue took up more of the spot light than she should have, even replacing Sparx towards the end of the game. Ugh, I just want some random dragon to shoot her already. The flying was just cr@p, you could only fly two inches off the ground. And it replaced CHARGING! Charging was a staple move that shouldn't have gotten replaced. I'd rather charge than fly, because gliding makes the game more difficult, and a plat former. The flying did nothing but ruin a joke in the Spyro games. Spyro isn't suppose to fly in game. >.<

I regret liking this game.....

Kids seem to love crappy (and emo games with annoying music) games nowhere days, and don't know what a good game is if it hit them on the head....

That's what you had said, DarkCynder..
And it definitely was asking to start an argument.
People can love DotD, you should respect that fact.

I just really hate the fact that no one is aloud to hate DOTD anymore, like what Razz said. I was just stating why I hated DOTD..... I don't deserve this. .__.

The spoiler was aimed at the DOTD fans who worship it, and will not let anyone trash it.

EDIT: ****. It appears that the flame war has stopped...... well, I suppose I should stop too before I start acting like and idiot. smilie But I really didn't deserve that. Remember, I wasn't the one who started it. But, we should stop the flame war now. It's just pointless, despite the fact that I'm pissed. smilie
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 08:05:59 03/11/2010 by DarkCynder_543
#272 Posted: 17:44:16 03/11/2010
You are aloud to hate DotD and tell why you hate it, but sometimes, it comes off as trashing it and it's fans sometimes, depending on how you say it, which starts arguments.
I mean, you have every right to hate it, really, but some people get really worked up about it.
And in a topic where DotD fans are encouraged to come ("Who lovesss DotD" *obviously made by a DotD fan*), when someone says they hate DotD and how much it sucks, I'd assume the fans will jump all over you, which is why I think that stuff should stick to a topic for non-Dawn of the Dragon fans. I'm not trying to tell you that you aren't aloud to hate the game, but unfortunately, bringing your hate to a Dawn of the Dragon fan topic will most likely start an argument, and bringing your fandom of the game to a Non Fan Dawn of the Dragon topic will start an argument as well. That's just how it works, unfortunately, so I just think to avoid arguments, that stuff should stay within a topic where you can discuss it with other people with the same opinion as you. smilie
So I hope you see where I'm coming from.
#273 Posted: 02:35:13 04/11/2010
You are aloud to hate DotD and tell why you hate it, but sometimes, it comes off as trashing it and it's fans sometimes, depending on how you say it, which starts arguments.
I mean, you have every right to hate it, really, but some people get really worked up about it.
And in a topic where DotD fans are encouraged to come ("Who lovesss DotD" *obviously made by a DotD fan*), when someone says they hate DotD and how much it sucks, I'd assume the fans will jump all over you, which is why I think that stuff should stick to a topic for non-Dawn of the Dragon fans. I'm not trying to tell you that you aren't aloud to hate the game, but unfortunately, bringing your hate to a Dawn of the Dragon fan topic will most likely start an argument, and bringing your fandom of the game to a Non Fan Dawn of the Dragon topic will start an argument as well. That's just how it works, unfortunately, so I just think to avoid arguments, that stuff should stay within a topic where you can discuss it with other people with the same opinion as you. smilie

I agree....I hate some things about DotD but I don't hate the whole game.
---
Slendy's Shadow
#274 Posted: 09:27:19 04/11/2010

Unfortunately, every time you say something about any Spyro game, it just gets flamed now, because of the two sides. smilie

If only the Spyro fans were more peaceful....
---
#275 Posted: 02:13:21 11/11/2010
I actually think it's a good thing to say you don't like something cause that way you can let others see how you feel about it in this case it's DotD. Like me I have my likings and dislikings for stuff and I like others to know that so they don't get on my back about it.
---
Slendy's Shadow
#276 Posted: 11:50:11 12/11/2010
^ Wait, if that's the case, then why did you had a go at me when I said I didn't like DoTD? smilie

You're confusing, no offense. smilie
---
#277 Posted: 01:39:24 13/11/2010
I wasn't trying to get at you for disliking it.....if I was then I would be going at myself too cause there are a few things about DotD that I don't even like.

And about the confusing part.......I'm not offended cause I confuse a lot of peoplesmilie
---
Slendy's Shadow
cornys Blue Sparx Gems: 665
#278 Posted: 06:29:14 13/11/2010
Go figure that thie thread would be a bad idea...

Actually, I don't love it, I like it.. there could have been better and more things done, but I did enjoy the ending of the Trilogy. People are just looking to mix it up on this whole topic like mad still, so obviously you'll have arguments in this topic.
---
The USS Tiger Tank
General (3)
http://www.utanks.com/Referral.aspx?ID=241
#279 Posted: 07:09:02 13/11/2010
I agree about all the mistakes in the game like taking away charging and replacing it w/ free-flight and all the plot holes and some bad graphics etc... Other than that I like the game.
---
Slendy's Shadow
#280 Posted: 14:57:25 13/11/2010
Let's keep this topic to the positive things in DotD, and Razz's topic to the negative things in DotD.

And I agree with cornys. I as well enjoyed the end of the trilogy. Not many people seemed to love the ending, which I understand, but I did.
#281 Posted: 15:01:58 13/11/2010
Same here. I only started playing LoS during the summer and I already love the games. I didn't visit forums or anything before I finished them so the opinions I have are solely based off my experience with it.
---
#282 Posted: 15:08:45 13/11/2010
Have you played ANB yet?

I started playing TLoS around last year, and I love them. And same here. I only joined these forums when i was finishing playing DotD.
waytodawn96 Green Sparx Gems: 399
#283 Posted: 15:35:30 13/11/2010
I'm playin' it right now! smilie LOVIN IT!!
---
Is it possable to go to bed dead and wake up alive???! smilie I'm Random and proud of it!
#284 Posted: 15:37:56 13/11/2010
No, unfortunately.
---
#285 Posted: 20:50:07 13/11/2010
I hate it!!!! The gameplay is rubbish, I can't ever get used to the combat controls, I always end up dying at least twice in every stupid level. It's so stupid that you eventually run out of breath, it's just annoying, Spyro's voice sounds so dull and boring, Cynder is just pathetic, I can't understand a word of what Malefor says because they over done his voice. The levels don't feel fresh, it just feels like the same thing is happening over and over, the developers must have really liked God of War and Lord of the Rings, Spyro looks like Barney, it just gets worse.
---
Paplok Yellow Sparx Gems: 1754
#286 Posted: 20:53:54 13/11/2010
^ You bet! Controls and allusions to GoW, plot from LotR (leaving Sparx/Sam behind) and Star Wars (someone said that when Spyro defeated Malefor it was allusive victory of LotR over Star Wars). DotD is pure EEEEVIIILLLLL!!!
#287 Posted: 21:02:38 13/11/2010
I don't really like any of the TLOS games, they just bore me to death, I liked A New Beginning the first time round, and that was it. Sometimes I like to play the Valley of Avalar because that one is actually a nice level, I obviously use cheat codes, otherwise I would be screaming at it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:03:22 13/11/2010 by SuperSpyroFan
#288 Posted: 21:04:57 13/11/2010
I passed TLoS once, checked TEN gallery on YT and started to beat StD, GtG and YotD for x time. They ARE the REAL Spyro games smilie
#289 Posted: 21:09:49 13/11/2010
What ever happened to this remaining a topic for fans? Razz's topic is for non fans.
#290 Posted: 21:10:30 13/11/2010
I don't know do I?
---
#291 Posted: 21:12:37 13/11/2010
Simple question..
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#292 Posted: 21:13:42 13/11/2010
Here it is:

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=34529
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#293 Posted: 21:14:20 13/11/2010
They are in the Underlands of the North, set in the Spring.
---
#294 Posted: 22:32:14 13/11/2010
To make things positive again - has anyone else played the next gen version of this? Looks simply beautiful!
---
#295 Posted: 08:02:45 14/11/2010
Let's keep this topic to the positive things in DotD, and Razz's topic to the negative things in DotD.

And I agree with cornys. I as well enjoyed the end of the trilogy. Not many people seemed to love the ending, which I understand, but I did.

I liked the ending. It made me cry but I still liked it.
---
Slendy's Shadow
#296 Posted: 11:17:55 14/11/2010
Yes, I've got the next gen version of it, and yeah the graphics are nice, but to me, a video game can't just be all about graphics to make it a decent one.
---
#297 Posted: 11:24:24 14/11/2010
Yep. There must be also a good plot, who wants to run in beautiful 10x10 world, only to see the butterflies, full HD, 3D, dynamic weather, seasons, animals without anything to do? If I want only to see good graphics, I am dressing up and going outside to the forest.
#298 Posted: 11:28:07 14/11/2010
Lol, I'm still playing old PlayStation games, and I don't care about the graphics really. It's the gameplay that has to be good, it seems that all these developers are worrying about graphics all the time.
---
#299 Posted: 14:15:04 14/11/2010
But the gameplay WAS great. The graphics were a bonus, and show that a lot of effort was put into the game. The Valley of Avalar is like a fun little sandbox to mess about in for me.

Also, the story DOESN'T have to be good. Not all games are story driven, or some just have simple storys(like the Original Spyro games). Although, I liked the LoS storyline.
---
#300 Posted: 22:36:35 14/11/2010
I just think that you're just bigging up TLOS to be honest. It is really nothing special. The gameplay WAS rubbish, I couldn't get any enjoyment out of it at all, and no, it doesn't feel like there was a lot of effort that had been put into the game, it felt like it was rushed, and that the attitude was "Oh that will do, can't really be bothered with it, we will get these all star voice actors, that will make it seem better, and we will try and make it like a Lord of the Rings/God of War style so everyone will love it, and change it to combat style instead of platforming" Oh yeah, like that made it anymore interesting.

I wish they just left it as it was, if this rubbish was going to come out of it, and all it's done really is torn the fanbase apart, they are idiots.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:37:53 14/11/2010 by SuperSpyroFan
First | Previous | Page 6 of 7 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me