Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
The Darkness (12 plus) [CLOSED]
wolf guardian Green Sparx Gems: 306
#1 Posted: 21:22:56 08/12/2009 | Topic Creator
Chapter 1 - Rain

It was a dark over cast day, the sky looked close to breaking and there was no sign of sunlight anywhere. I continue to run hoping to find shelter before the rain started, I ran for what seems like an eternity, forever running away from the ever following shadow. I feel a sharp pain in my side, the cut in my side still hasn’t stopped bleeding, I slow to a walk. I look around to see the familiar view that I saw every day for the past few years; I’m standing on a naturally made path with a sheer drop of a cliff to my left with nothing but a green blanket of forest beyond, on my left is more forest, it seemingly continues forever. I feel the first few drops of rain on my face and hear the distant rumble of thunder, I keep walking. After a few minutes the rain becomes heavier and soon visibility became so bad that I couldn’t see ten paces in front of me. I stood still in the rain; it felt like I was standing under a waterfall, I turn and shelter under a nearby tree and sit at its base. I was cold, wet and injured, my vision was now blurring and now I can barely see, the darkness descended, I soon fall unconscious now living only in thought, outside my body is weak and limp, I no longer want to return to it. My thoughts drifting from one thing to another, what was my last meal? What time is it? All these things that no longer carry any significance slowly I stop thinking and even my mind cessed to think. I was truly dead.
---
I may be a lone wolf but don't under estimate me.

Read my fan fic. the darkness
xx chloebabez Yellow Sparx Gems: 1087
#2 Posted: 21:26:21 08/12/2009
'Cool smilie
#3 Posted: 21:33:43 08/12/2009 | Topic Creator
thanx, what do you think?
---

#4 Posted: 21:34:04 08/12/2009
I like it :3
#5 Posted: 21:40:01 08/12/2009 | Topic Creator
what do you like about it?
---

#6 Posted: 21:42:13 08/12/2009
Dunno...its just...different, from all the other stories i've read.
#7 Posted: 21:43:58 08/12/2009 | Topic Creator
yup, do you want more?
---

#8 Posted: 21:44:18 08/12/2009
Sure ;3
#9 Posted: 21:45:04 08/12/2009 | Topic Creator
Chapter 2 - Morning

I open my eyes to the same unbearably bright light, I turn over in my quilt not willing to get up, then comes the annoyingly persistent beeping of my alarm clock, I role over slapping it off then slowly stepping out of the warmth of my bed. By now my eyes are used to the light and they reveal a perfectly normal bedroom, a bookcase in the corner opposite a door, the baby blue wallpaper reflecting the light from the window, the cream carpet revealing a few stains from people constantly walking in and out, a wardrobe with my school uniform hanging neatly on the handle, and the messy bed that I had just woke from. I walk over to the wardrobe and put my school uniform on then I quickly comb my short brown hair, then wax it to stay that way, I then head to the bathroom, I stare to the familiar face in the mirror, dark brown hair waxed into a side fringe, my hair made darker by the fact on how white my face is, those cold grey eyes constantly staring back, now bored at looking at my reflection I wash my face and brush my teeth, I then head downstairs to collect my school bag and walk out of the front door to school.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:51:49 08/12/2009 by wolf guardian
Solister Gold Sparx Gems: 2478
#10 Posted: 16:11:27 09/12/2009
Very interesting start
Please continue smilie
---
Heavy: MEDIC!
Medic: NO!
smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:12:00 09/12/2009 by Solister
#11 Posted: 11:16:13 11/12/2009 | Topic Creator
Cool, Thanx, I'll post more tonight. smilie
---

#12 Posted: 16:50:04 11/12/2009 | Topic Creator
Chapter 3 - School

As I’m walking by, the cold winter air makes my breath mist, with it still being dark outside it feels like the crack of dawn, the dark blue sky now waking into a light dusty blue as the sun begins to rise.
What makes it feel more like the crack of dawn is the fact that I’m walking through the city centre, there should be lots of people around, but as I think, probably not at eight thirty in the morning.
As I reach the school gates I hear the rhythmical tone of the bell, there are now lots of people around, all teenagers ranging in age from thirteen to nineteen, everyone headed into the school building, a large modern building with big glass windows, and the grey cement coloured structure looked in a way futuristic but non-the-less still my school. Today was like every other day, and the same boring lessons too, maths, chemistry, cookery, English and PE, nothing unusual, until I got home.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:52:28 11/12/2009 by wolf guardian
#13 Posted: 16:57:29 11/12/2009
Good, more plz :3
#14 Posted: 17:23:15 11/12/2009 | Topic Creator
Chapter 4 Dream

As soon as I get home I do the same thing every day, I take my shoes off, put my bag down and sit on the sofa watching TV, but today refused to be the same, a blackout. I head out of the sitting room and look for the fuse box, when there in the darkness was two large, yellow almost luminous eyes glaring at me and because there was no light I couldn’t see what it was. It started moving closer, then it backed away a little, I thought of what to do, but there seemed to be nothing. Then with no warning the creature leaped at me, instinctively I leap to the floor as fast as I could then ran once it had passed over me, the lights turned back on and what ever that thing was, it wasn’t here any more. I suddenly feel a sharp pain in my arm, and there was a long scratch from my right wrist to my elbow and bleeding a lot. Then everything went dark.
---

#15 Posted: 20:34:01 11/12/2009
OOH, Good chapters smilie
---
smilie
#16 Posted: 12:33:48 12/12/2009 | Topic Creator
Thank you.

Chapter 5 - The past

I wake up the next morning lying on the sofa with the TV still on, I look at the clock, 11 thirty AM, good thing it’s Saturday. About last night, what was that? Some kind of nightmare? I remember that cut on my arm and see that it has been bandaged up; there was a small blood stain visiable. So, was that a dream? I begin to think back to when my parents died, apparently it was a murder but when my dad woke his coma, he clamed seeing two yellow eyes in the darkness. Could what attacked me be what killed my parents? Well what ever it was, it had better not come back. I head upstairs and have a warm shower then change into fresh clothes. The cut on my arm surprisingly already half healed, for how deep and long the cut was it should have taken weeks to heal, but why complain when it’s a good thing? I decide to take it easy for the rest of the day and see how it is tomorrow.
---

#17 Posted: 15:11:10 12/12/2009
Good chapter smilie
---
smilie
silver dragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1071
#18 Posted: 18:12:57 21/12/2009
Wow, this is good, write more please. smilie
---
Why live life following someone else's map?
MinM20 Blue Sparx Gems: 543
#19 Posted: 17:16:36 23/12/2009
Scary!
Suspensfull!
Curios!
Need I go no, guardian of the wolf?!
---
I am as old as Budda, I am as young as Confusius~MniM
You cannot escape from it. You chose your path, and that is the path you are destined to folow~MinM
#20 Posted: 19:54:39 04/01/2010 | Topic Creator
Chapter 6 - Electricity

The next day it was still dark when I woke so I lay there staring at the ceiling whilst the curtains began to glow slightly in the sun rise. I pull back the curtains and look at the blood red sky, I love looking out to the sunrise. I turn and see that it’s 7 thirteen AM. I unravel the bandage on my arm, there was the slightest of white marks visible, I go and have the general shower and then head downstairs to get breakfast, toast with peanut butter, all the while the blood red sky is now changing to a bright golden. After breakfast I head to the living room as usual and watch the news, but when I pressed the button for the TV to come on it did nothing, the black screen still staring at me. I try again and still nothing, so I leave it and sit down and as I move back the screen lights up, me still standing in the middle of the room staring at the screen dumbstruck. I take a step forwards and the screen dimmed, I step back and the screen returned to normal. Not understanding I just dismiss it from my mind and watch the news. The story on the news was on numerous reports on people seeing glowing yellow eye’s in there homes just after the occurrence of the black out. Could that be the same thing that was here? The day got stranger from there on, any electrical items I came close to or into contact with acted up, all the lights where flickering, the fridge was going off and then on again, everything that day went wrong. My only thought was; what’s going on?!
---

#21 Posted: 21:04:36 04/01/2010
Good chapter
---
smilie
#22 Posted: 21:10:12 04/01/2010 | Topic Creator
thanx, I guess you want more. smilie
---

#23 Posted: 21:41:15 04/01/2010 | Topic Creator
Chapter 7 - Name: Midori

The next day when I arrived at school there he was, once again waiting for me at the gate. “Hi, Haru!” came the usual greeting from Midori. “Hi, Midori” I reply as I do every day I see him. Midori was the same height as me, and that’s quite tall for our age of 15, Midori’s a few months older than me but we have a lot in common. He has quite long spiked up hair that is a light brown but shines ginger in the summer, but what really makes him different to everyone else is his always cheery, bright green eyes. Where as I’m quite a laid back person, Midori never seems to tire and is always energetic, but he’s a good friend he looks out for me and I look out for him, also he’s in all of my classes our teacher, Mr. Ray, say’s that we’re inseparable. So in we go to our first class of the day, chemistry.
“Right class, today we will be burning metals to se how they react with air. Now everyone has their equipment, yes? Good now all you do is get your tongs grab a piece of metal and hold it into the flame of the Bunsen burner, ok?” the middle aged teacher explained to the class. “Ok, let’s get started.” Mr. Ray said as he clapped his hands together. As I prepared the metal in the tongs, Midori switched on the Bunsen burner and I held out the metal into the flame, it started to spark then it set on fire it’s self then suddenly it exploded, there wasn’t any real damage but the tongs where badly bent. The whole class fell silent and stared in amazement. Mr. Ray came up and demanded to know what happened but because neither of us knew how the metal had come to explode they where given a detention.
After class there was just me, Midori and Mr. Ray in the classroom, once again he asked, ”How did the metal explode?”
Both me and Midori stood with blank expressions on our faces. Then he asked again, this time a bit firmer, “How did the metal explode?!”
I spoke. “I don’t know, lots of weird things have happened lately, so far every electrical object I go near stops working...”
“Show me again then.” Mr Ray said moving the equipment across the desk towards the two boys.
---

#24 Posted: 21:44:15 04/01/2010
Love it :3
#25 Posted: 21:55:18 04/01/2010 | Topic Creator
thanx. smilie

Chapter 8 - Fire

It was dark outside, it had been raining for most of the day, and me and Midori had to prove that weird things where in fact happening to me. So the Bunsen burner was lit, the metal was between my tongs and carefully I move the metal into the flame, the same thing happened, the sparks, the flame and the explosion. Mr. Ray was gobsmacked. “How did you- there must be a fault some where.... no... What are you?”
I looked back at him blankly. “I’m human.” I say stating the obvious. The small piece of metal twisted and badly burnt was still sparking, then it burst into a huge flame. It set fire to the desk and if I wasn’t mistaken, it looked somewhat like a bird, easily the same height as me, it’s large wings extended towards the ceiling and a long thin tail. The bird flew towards the horrified teacher and flew straight through him. Everyone stood there silently to scared to move while the bird disappeared. Mr. Ray collapsed , instinctively me and Midori fell by his side immediately. I checked his pulse, nothing. What ever that fire was it had killed him. I looked at Midori, he looked at me both of us mirroring the same horrified expression. They had killed their teacher.
---

#26 Posted: 22:44:56 04/01/2010
Now this is getting good smilie
Good chapters smilie
---
smilie
#27 Posted: 16:43:55 05/01/2010 | Topic Creator
thanx, It get's better soon. smilie

Chapter 10 - Murder?

“What do we do?” panicked Midori, “What if we get suspected of murder?” He was now pacing the room. There was a distant rumble of thunder. “I know let’s call the police! They have to understand.”
“Do you really think they’ll believe us if we tell them a flying fire bird killed our teacher whilst we are the only people here?” I say starting to panic myself.
“Why don’t we just leave? No one will know it was us.”
“Well we can’t just leave him, but... what else can we do?” I say standing up still looking at our teacher.
“Come on, quick.” Midori went to reach for the door handle.
“Stop!” Midori froze. I pulled out a clean tissue and opened the door, “We must not get caught. If we do we’ll be in a lot of trouble.”
We ran out of school as fast as we could and opened and closed all the doors with the tissue. Then it hit me, “the Bunsen burner, we left it on.” I suddenly froze.
“but didn’t it blow out in the explosion?”
I shrugged and ran home, best not to think what’ll happen in school tomorrow.
---

#28 Posted: 17:12:10 05/01/2010
Good chapter smilie
---
smilie
#29 Posted: 17:12:56 05/01/2010 | Topic Creator
thanx, are you enjoying it?

Chapter 11 The speech

The next morning it all felt the same, it felt as if yesterday didn’t even happen but one way or another, things where going to be different. I walked to school as I normally do every morning, but as I reached the road to school there was a large commotion, there was police cars everywhere, security tape stopped everyone from getting in so everyone was crowded around wanting to find out what had happened. “Hey, Haru.” Midori said quietly behind me. I turned around my back towards the noisy crowd. “We have to keep a low profile, we can’t be suspected of this, ok.” I nod and we head to the crowd acting like we don’t know what’s going on. There in front of us was the principal standing on a podium with a microphone. “Unfortunately there has been and accident occurred in school at some point last night, and for that reason school will be closed today, I repeat school is closed today, now you are dismissed.” And at that the principal tuned off the microphone and stepped down from the podium.
Me and Midori turned and headed back home. “Do you want to come and stay at my house for the day?” Midori said hopefully. “You know, just to take your mind off what happened?”
“Umm, yeah sure.” I said without giving it much thought.
So for that whole day we just messed about while Midori’s parents where at work. “It looks like it is dark out now, do you want to stay the night? I’m sure my parents won’t mind.” Midori asked hoping to stay with his friend. “No, I’d better get home. I’ll see you tomorrow, Midori.” I say whilst pulling my shoes on and picking up my bag. “Bye, Midori.” I say walking through the front door.
“Bye.” Came the quiet reply from Midori as he closed the door after me.
I walk home slowly the street lights being the only source of light with the sky being clouded over.
I decide to take a dark back ally as a shortcut home, just out of laziness really. When I was about halfway down the ally I stop frozen to the spot with fear.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:16:47 05/01/2010 by wolf guardian
Whitedragon Ripto Gems: 963
#30 Posted: 18:55:10 05/01/2010
MOAR PLZ
#31 Posted: 19:36:41 05/01/2010 | Topic Creator
Chapter 12 - Darkness

There hovering in the darkness was those luminous amber eyes forever staring at me. They where slowly coming closer and closer until they came to a stop nearly two meters away from me still staring at me, I dare not move because I fear that if I do it will attack. Then faster then I could see it had pounced, unlike last time it sank its teeth deep into my shoulder, and before I could scream for help it was moving so fast that I couldn’t see at all. For a creature to move at such a speed with me still firmly locked in its jaws, I can easily tell that it was powerful. The pain was almost unbearable not long after my already poor vision was fading and before I knew it I had passed out in the jaws of a monster.
---

#32 Posted: 21:02:00 05/01/2010
this just keeps getting better. smilie keep it up.
---
#33 Posted: 20:31:57 01/02/2010 | Topic Creator
Chapter 13 Those eyes

I open my eyes, I see nothing but black, I blink a few times, my vision changed to a gradual white, some shapes become visible, a wood ceiling. I look around; I’m lying down on a straw mattress and a thin, white sheet covering my body, my chest is bare but I’m still wearing my school pants. I then remember that my right shoulder was bitten by that black thing, I look seeing my shoulder; there was nothing, not even a scratch, nothing. I relax a bit and still lying down I look around the room, it was empty apart from the mattress and my school shirt neatly folded beside it, it had a large blood stain where my right shoulder would be and four large holes in it, two at the back and two at the front. All the walls in this room where made of wood panes but not like at home, the job was done poorly, there where pieces that over-lapped, and large splinters that stuck out. The floor was just tightly packed dirt. On one wall was a door, the door was hard to tell from the rest of the room because it was just a pane of wood on hinges, there wasn’t even a handle. Just then when I was looking at the door a young girl entered, she looked about my age, maybe a little younger, she was most likely about my height as well, she was thin and had long flowing dark hair, pale skin, and soft brown eyes. “Who are you?” I ask in as calm steady voice as I could.
“Don’t worry, you’re fine.” She replied in a soft voice.
“Where am I and what is that... black...think?!” I ask beginning to shout.
“That, “black thing” is called Morai, she’s a wolf of darkness, she brought you here.” She said softly.
“Wolf? Morai? Where the hell am I?” I shout panicking slightly.
“You’re in Yeachen, there’s nothing to be worried about.” She said in her continuously soft voice. “Morai.” She called. Then on the wall a dark dot appeared then it grew to the size of a basket ball and continued to grow until it was bigger than me. Then it was coming forward? And before I knew it there in the room was standing the black wolf with the glowing amber eyes. “Yes, this is Morai, she brought you here don’t you remember?” Morai was now approaching me and licked my cheek.

if people aren't reading anymore I'll just close it, so please post if you're still reading.
---

#34 Posted: 22:07:42 01/02/2010
Wow, now this is getting good
Please continue smilie
---
smilie
#35 Posted: 15:24:12 13/02/2010 | Topic Creator
Chapter 14 Lightning lack

“A wolf of darkness? Wait are there other animal things like Morai?” Because I saw a huge bird that looked like it was made of fire, could that be a thing like Morai?” I ask while the warm, wet wolf slaver dripped off my chin.
“A Phoenix?” She said staring at me as if I had just slapped her.
“Yeah, well are you going to answer my question?” I say getting a little irritated.
“Yes, a phoenix is like Morai, there are humans and animals out here that have elemental attributes, there are; fire, water, earth, wind, light, dark and lightning as well as some smaller branches of elements like ice and so on. But the world has split in two, people have fallen ill from a illness they call ‘the darkness’ people from all over the world disappeared and where later discovered on the far side of the continent growing in numbers and eventually war broke out, but the strange thing was that the lightning tribe weren’t effected by the illness but suddenly the whole tribe was reported missing, so that’s what’s going on here.” She patiently explained.
“So why am I here?” I say beginning to understand.
“Because you’re special, we need you to save us before ‘the darkness’ destroys the world, yours too.” She said staring at me.
“What?! How am I special?!” I shout not knowing what was going to happen.
“You can master every element, Haru.” She said quietly.
---

Spyrobaby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4254
#36 Posted: 16:16:18 13/02/2010
smilie I only started reading today and I'm lovin it! I demand you write a new chapter!
---
The darkness only stays at nighttime, in the morning it'll fade away. Daylight's good at arriving at the right time, it's not always going to be this grey~
ravenouscynder Ripto Gems: 864
#37 Posted: 18:55:07 13/02/2010
will you put a giant waffle in the story?
#38 Posted: 19:52:43 13/02/2010
Good chapter smilie
---
smilie
#39 Posted: 19:56:28 13/02/2010 | Topic Creator
nogiant waffels, but thanx for reading anyway.

Chapter 15 gardens

A few days after the talk with that girl I felt strong enough to get to my feet. I pull my school shirt on and I walk around the blank room for a few minutes. Then from behind me I hear the door open. I turn and see not exactly what I was expecting to see. Morai came padding into the room as she had for the past few days, but with her wasn’t the girl as normal but a large tall man. He was wearing a pair of long brown trousers and a white vest. His face was slightly tanned from supposedly working outside for a long time, he also had stubble around his mouth and jaw line, he had short brown hair sticking up slightly at the front because of a green headband tied tightly around his fore head. I could tell he had a powerful presence because Morai stood perfectly still instead of lying on the thin straw mattress . “It seems that you’ve fully recovered. I bet you’re sick of this room now. You want a walk outside?” he asked in a gruff voice that had a soft side to it.
“Yeah, sure.” I say glad to see the outside of this room for once.
“come on then.” The man said holding the door open for me. After I left the room I followed the man down several dark corridors until he stopped outside of a door that looked the same as all the others, though not like the one in that room I was in before. “these are the gardens.” He said opening the door to let a blindingly bright light in. I stay still waiting for my eyes to adjust to the light, when I look out of the door was the most beautiful garden.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:46:12 13/02/2010 by wolf guardian
#40 Posted: 11:15:26 12/04/2010 | Topic Creator
is anyone reading this anymore? if you are please post.
---

Spyrobaby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4254
#41 Posted: 11:21:58 12/04/2010
I am.
---
The darkness only stays at nighttime, in the morning it'll fade away. Daylight's good at arriving at the right time, it's not always going to be this grey~
#42 Posted: 17:01:16 12/04/2010
Good chapter smilie
---
smilie
#43 Posted: 13:47:44 14/04/2010 | Topic Creator
Chapter 16 - Sacred Shrine

The garden was absolutely beautiful, there was a stream running by with small wooden bridges to cross them, lush green grass, flours of every colour and trees of every shape and size that seemingly went on forever. “Wow...” was all I managed to say after being stuck in that dark room for days.
“I thought you’d like it.” The man chuckled “Well are you just going to stare at it?” He said looking at me kindly. I walk out of the doorway and see more of the green expanse. Birds sang cheerfully, the water gurgled softly, it was heaven. “by the way, Haru.” He said smiling at me. “Mt name is Tadashi.” I nod as a sign that I understood, he did a small gesture with his hand meaning to follow him. I follow Tadashi over the small wooden bridge then out to the endless green expanse of a field feeling the soft lush grass beneath my bare feet. Still amazed and still surveying the area I notice something I didn’t before; on the far west side of the huge house I just left was a hill with stairs leading to another smaller building, it looked a long way away. “What’s that?” I ask Tadashi pointing at the building on top of the hill. He smiled for a moment then said “That’s the sacred shrine, it’s a very special place. Do you want to give it a look?” He asked.
“Yeah, please!” I say getting a bit exited.
I regret saying that now, the baking sun beat down on my exhausted body as I slowly dragged one foot after the other up the stone steps. It seemed that no matter how long I kept walking the top never came into view.
It felt like hours had gone by when I passed under the large, wooden, Japanese looking archway that signalled that I had finally reached the top. I walk into the shade of the building on the top of the hill. There Tadashi was waiting, he offered me some water; which I gulped down gratefully. I notice something in the corner of my eye; it was Morai, then when I think back she didn’t leave the corridor where I went into the garden, so how’d she get here? Then I remember the time I saw her in that room, she can materialize anywhere.
“Haru, come here. I’ve got something to show you.” Said Tadashi.
---

#44 Posted: 23:17:03 14/04/2010
I wonder if this is starting to fall into the non-spyro section
Anyhow, good chapter
---
smilie
#45 Posted: 20:17:15 17/04/2010
I agree with solister, but it's still creepily amazing. smilie

keep writing.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me