Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Opininion [CLOSED]
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#1 Posted: 17:51:44 25/10/2009 | Topic Creator
I don't think this movie will even be made, but there are one straght fact on "Game-based movie don't end well"...

Uhhhh... Advent Children?
---
Keep smile
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#2 Posted: 18:59:08 25/10/2009
Quote: matesds
I don't think this movie will even be made, but there are one straght fact on "Game-based movie don't end well"...

Uhhhh... Advent Children?

Indeed...
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#3 Posted: 19:49:44 25/10/2009
Don't usually go well...
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Zithdaitoh Diamond Sparx Gems: 9367
#4 Posted: 20:08:01 25/10/2009
You never know when there might be an exception.
---
OBSERVE MY WRATH: OOPS. *tree blasts off*
"You think you have authority over me? How foolish."
*looks at Platinum Sparx status* I feel old.
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#5 Posted: 20:20:24 25/10/2009
If game-movies generally don't go well, why has Resident Evil gone on?
#6 Posted: 20:25:38 25/10/2009
Quote: IsisStormDragon
If game-movies generally don't go well, why has Resident Evil gone on?

Just because they keep making them doesn't mean they're good... Take for example, Twilight *shot*
#7 Posted: 20:26:43 25/10/2009
I don't like Resident Evil, I was just pointing that out. And I thought Twilight was based on a stupid book.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#8 Posted: 20:38:01 25/10/2009
I hated Twilight...
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#9 Posted: 22:55:49 25/10/2009
I don't like Resident Evil, I was just pointing that out. And I thought Twilight was based on a stupid book.

I know, I mean that just becaue they make sequals to it doesn't mean its good...
undertow25 Green Sparx Gems: 324
#10 Posted: 23:39:47 25/10/2009
I'm skeptical that this movie even exists. There's a list on a game website of twelve upcoming game movies and this one wasn't even on it.

Is there a way to contact the developers and get an answer?
zeroslash Green Sparx Gems: 128
#11 Posted: 03:49:52 05/11/2009
I agree. Even if this film were to be made, it probably won't go well. How popular is Spyro compared to these other franchises? Not very. And most of them don't even have a film (yet, considering the rate of quality films are heading for <_<).

The point is, don't get your hopes up; even Elijah is skeptical.

Quote: undertow25
I'm skeptical that this movie even exists. There's a list on a game website of twelve upcoming game movies and this one wasn't even on it.

As mentioned just now, Elijah Wood has mentioned the film. I doubt he would lie about the existence of the film.
---
No thwomping a global moderator for telling a user to not tell a global moderator not to advertise outside the forum for advertising.
iSO Emerald Sparx Gems: 3143
#12 Posted: 05:17:31 06/11/2009
As far as I know, adaptations of the game to the movie and vice versa have been not going very well. But lately, we have like 10 something movies that are being made based on a video game right now. For example, Steven Spielberg took the place to make the Halo movie instead of Peter Jackson; other examples of games made into movies are: Gears of War, Uncharted, and World of Warcraft.

There seems to be a trend that in order to make a good movie based on a video game, the games themselves have to have a good story within it. Who is going to see a 90 minute movie about Pacman or Asteroids? Is the audience willing to see a movie about that? Is the audience made up of fans that want to watch the movie, or other people watching it out of nowhere or due to a decent type of interest?

What I think about the movie is:

On the one hand, the Legend of Spyro series has built up a decent story within it, giving their creators their time to stretch out some parts of the story with extra details that we may not see from video games. In one part, it might help aid the movie a bit.

On the other hand, like almost all the other movies, this one might suck unless decent effort was made to at least please the Spyro fans.

I will remain myself skeptical, but remain slightly interested about the development of the movie. Sadly, as all Spyro fans moan, very little details about the Spyro movie was revealed. Heck, we could go crazy when we approach the release date, and still have no info about the movie! In my opinion.
#13 Posted: 19:48:50 11/11/2009
Quote: bionicle2809

I know, I mean that just becaue they make sequals to it doesn't mean its good...

If they keep making sequels obviously someone is watching them and cares.
Poppy Ripto Gems: 1021
#14 Posted: 23:34:30 11/11/2009

Like me! >8D *shot*
#15 Posted: 02:29:59 12/11/2009
Quote: Poppy

Like me! >8D *shot*

See?! I have proof! ( laughs maniacally)
Poppy Ripto Gems: 1021
#16 Posted: 02:41:11 12/11/2009

Like me! >8D *shot*

Resident Evil has become more famous due to the growing sequals.
People can say it's good or not, that's mainly an opinion.
And if we're talking about movies. The "Resident Evil: Degeneration" one was quite acceptable.

Though, I was left with a bunch of questions at the end. D|

Yay. I get to be proof. :D
#17 Posted: 02:45:25 12/11/2009

Like me! >8D *shot*

And if we're talking about movies. The "Resident Evil: Degeneration" one was quite acceptable.

Yay. I get to be proof. smilie

Yes you do. Let's see what bionicle2809 says if they comment again. smilie
#18 Posted: 18:44:16 12/11/2009

Twilight fans! *gets out shotgun* Get out! smilie JK! But yeah, I still stand by what I said... Just because they make sequals doesn't mean they're good smilie... So what, a hand full of people like them... Personaly, I think that shouldn't be a reason for them to continue making sequals...
#19 Posted: 20:57:50 12/11/2009

Twilight fans! *gets out shotgun* Get out! smilie JK! But yeah, I still stand by what I said... Just because they make sequals doesn't mean they're good smilie... So what, a hand full of people like them... Personaly, I think that shouldn't be a reason for them to continue making sequals...

I see your point, but still... Well, I stand by my own opinion and so do you. There's no more reason to debate further on this issue. smilie
#20 Posted: 21:03:51 12/11/2009

I see your point, but still... Well, I stand by my own opinion and so do you. There's no more reason to debate further on this issue. smilie

Ok... I'm kwl with that...
Sharon_Spirit Green Sparx Gems: 287
#21 Posted: 13:25:06 16/11/2009

Agree....because I liked it...and Resident Evil smilie
---
Without pc = without account smilie
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#22 Posted: 04:04:52 17/11/2009
The RE live action movies suck. Degeneration pwns xD So does Final Fantasy Advent Children...The Spirits Within was crap.

Back on topic, ish, only a handful of game based movies ever turn out good...And those are the ones that make you feel like you're playing the game while watching the movie. For example, while watching Degeneration, I had the same feeling that I have playing RE4. And Advent Children stayed true to the FF spirit as well.
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
Cynder 19000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1822
#23 Posted: 01:48:43 18/11/2009
I don't think it's going to go well, i'll still watch it thought. But I rather have a game then a movie.
---
I'm batman!! Shh...
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me