darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Activision CEO Wants Skylanders To Return On Xbox
Page 1 of 1
Activision CEO Wants Skylanders To Return On Xbox
TTD Hunter Gems: 6201
#1 Posted: 14:27:14 21/01/2022 | Topic Creator
Interesting tidbit from an interview with (hopefully outgoing) Activision CEO, Bobby Kotick.

Quote: Bobby Kotick (sorry)
I had a really cool vision for what the next Guitar Hero would be, and realized we don’t have the resources to do that. And Skylanders too.

One of the great disappointments of my career is that other people came in and they came out with crappy alternatives. And they dumped all of these crappy alternatives in the market, and basically destroyed the market for what was a really cool future opportunity.

If you look at Skylanders, with its hardware and manufacturing and supply chain, there are the same kinds of things that we can’t do but Microsoft can.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#2 Posted: 16:51:38 21/01/2022
Never my fault, says the company that changed Trap Team to make it more susceptible to diminishing returns.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#3 Posted: 01:15:40 22/01/2022
the first skylanders was only on pc, and ms will not touch skylanders ever after that. so bobby is just full of bs.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
EmperorKaos Emerald Sparx Gems: 4399
#4 Posted: 20:04:52 18/03/2022
I mean trap team design wise was better than swap force, and they fixed the long lvls but the game overall was just more boring to complete
#5 Posted: 15:04:35 20/03/2022
Quote: EmperorKaos
I mean trap team design wise was better than swap force, and they fixed the long lvls but the game overall was just more boring to complete

trap team had so much content behind the paywall it was ridicules, two figures to open one gate and the trap was a complete waste of time. but with that said, trap team did go full on with portal and is the best portal ever made for a skylander game, how it light up and that speakers is just fantastic.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
EmperorKaos Emerald Sparx Gems: 4399
#6 Posted: 16:55:10 20/03/2022
Quote: CountMoneyBone

trap team had so much content behind the paywall it was ridicules, two figures to open one gate and the trap was a complete waste of time. but with that said, trap team did go full on with portal and is the best portal ever made for a skylander game, how it light up and that speakers is just fantastic.

I meant if swap force had the graphic design from trap team and if we turned 1 of swap force base lvl into 2 or 3 to reduce the lench, Swap force would be best game by far ( i hate the enemy design from swap force but gameplaywise was awsome).
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#7 Posted: 13:57:52 11/08/2022

trap team had so much content behind the paywall it was ridicules, two figures to open one gate

Wait, when did Trap Team require two figures to open one gate?
---
Boop me if you see this.
#8 Posted: 14:46:58 18/08/2022
Quote: Muffin Man

trap team had so much content behind the paywall it was ridicules, two figures to open one gate

Wait, when did Trap Team require two figures to open one gate?

it was forced on you to use the trap masters and you couldnt use the normie skylanders even if they was same element as trap master.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:49:30 18/08/2022 by CountMoneyBone
#9 Posted: 14:49:08 18/08/2022

I meant if swap force had the graphic design from trap team and if we turned 1 of swap force base lvl into 2 or 3 to reduce the lench, Swap force would be best game by far ( i hate the enemy design from swap force but gameplaywise was awsome).

i agree on that one, i also feel the stages was a bit long in the tooth, if they had been shortened a bit it would had made the game better too.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3900
#10 Posted: 23:33:36 24/08/2022
i saw a stray skylanders xbox portal at a resale store yesterday...
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me