Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Baptism by Lightning (legend of Orion. private)
First | Previous | Page 47 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
Baptism by Lightning (legend of Orion. private) [CLOSED]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#2301 Posted: 04:29:26 26/04/2020
Angora joined the battle, paying little attention to the battle between the leaders and failing to see how king Seraos was seemingly losing. She was focused on the almost helpless Maverick. Orion stood aside at last, and it was probably better if he kept it that way. She dreaded to think the accidental damage he could cause if angry enough. Jacturis wanted to deal with it himself, but he was just standing there like dead weight. Why did he want Orion out of it if he wasn't going to do anything? Was he testing Seraos and Rigel? There was no other explanation. Still, no matter he reason, it was better if Orion stayed that way. At least he gave them powers, something Angora discovered when she used a force bolt. Instead of dodging, the force bolts followed their targets, like a missile or a magnet.
"Oooh, I am liking these new powers." she said, as she aimed at a creature going after Ilasi. Maverick didn't know how to use magic, bt he could feel it through his sword. It was there alright. Could be Rigel's own magic when he attacked him earlier, but he wasn't certain. Whatever the case, their powers combined with Raclaw's secret assistance was turning the battle to their favor. It filled Maverick with glee seeing his girls battling together and getting along so well.

Hidden among the foliage, Opium was still recovering. He had his dearest friends with him, and that was helping him. Random said some thing to his friends.
"You too? Yeah, getting the feeling as well, though I hope it's just Angora being a little too worried." Sand Dune said, also having the feeling of being watched like Angora earlier. Would soldiers dare to venture among the uncomfortable foliage just to get three men when the battle was elsewhere? Sand Dune doubted it greatly, but knew that if they were found, it was going to be a losing battle for them, especially since Opium couldn't fight...
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#2302 Posted: 00:17:11 27/04/2020
As Sere continued his engagement with Cernentium, he could at least appreciate the latter's skill in combat. There were, however, other factors in play.
"Remind me..." Sere said, as he swung his blade, to be barely parried, "what is your reason for being involved in this?"
"It's the same as always," Cernentium proudly answered as he retaliated. "Once we've secured the kingdom here, we will have all of the pieces we need in order to complete our objective."
"So in other words... this is only a means to an end for you," Sere paraphrased. "You don't actually care for the kingdom."
"I care for only one thing - our objectives. If commanding Aelinon is how we go about it, then so be it. We will all be one in the end, anyway."
"What of the ideals of the nation? The people?"
"They are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things."
"Funny... I have just a friend who might have a little issue with that," Sere said, as he backed off just a bit. Jacturis had heard all he needed to hear, and was taking a sudden interest in the combat between them...

"LASZUR! NOW!"
As Seraos called out for the galud, Rigel looked away for just a moment - but it was more than enough for the king to make his move. With Rigel's attention briefly distracted, he made a quick pivoting motion, disengaging the sword and swinging his spear. The motion brought the Scepter out of Rigel's belt and in front of Seraos; the king deftly kicked up and caught the Scepter as he tossed aside his spear and prepared to restore the enchantment.
Laszur had proven himself to be a most dependable ally - even when he wasn't actually present.

Ilasi carefully took aim at another Ishulgite before loosing an arrow. The battlefield was an utterly exhausting place - though she was no stranger to strenuous work, the chaos of the battlefield often offered no reprieve. What it did offer, however, was an adrenaline boost which granted just enough of a push to make it through these life-or-death moments.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8581
#2303 Posted: 00:23:44 27/04/2020 | Topic Creator
Orion looked at Jacturis. “Brother they only care about themselves. I wouldn’t be here if they didn’t. Let me help you stop this madness.”
---
SC
#2304 Posted: 00:47:32 27/04/2020
Angora heard Sere's scream, and became also distracted, but not enough to lose her concentration. She knew she couldn't afford distractions with the battle still ongoing. She did hear Orion too, and felt glad that he was so willing to help in a passive way. Jacturis looked too proud to accept the help though, so she proceeded to keep battling until it was officially won. Maverick continued with the crossbow, his aiming being better than ever. He still disliked killing, but he was starting to get used to the pattern. He was interrupted when he heard Angora screaming very loud. She fell on her back, holding her knee. When he went to check on her, one of the creatures took the advantage of attacking Maverick to the back of the neck, but she activated her shield before it could do so, making a small hole and attacking another flyer that was seemingly heading towards Ilasi.
"Cowardly swarm!" she exclaimed with a trembling lip, making the shield hot to the touch, though the heat also affected them.
"Go Maverick! Protect Ilasi! I'll be fine!" Angora urged, but Maverick wanted to check what ailed her. She was stabbed in the knee, though he couldn't tell if it was a knife or from a monster. He wanted to remove it, but Angora prevented it, telling him it that removing it would only make her bleed.
"I'll be fine damn it Maverick! Go help Ilasi! Don't distract yourself! Go!" she kept urging, afraid that Ilasi would've been distracted with her scream as well. Maverick found it moving how she was so worried about Ilasi, but that didn't stop him from worrying. He knew better than to argue with her though and did as was told, fighting alongside his girlfriend. Angora got up and continued fighting with force bolts at almost the same precision as before, with a considerable limp of course and flinching from the pain. These freaks had to be stopped at any cost...
---
#2305 Posted: 01:58:39 27/04/2020
Cernentium prepared for his next strike, but he had little time to brace himself as a shard of earth launched from the elemental sunk itself into his body. He staggered and fell over, Sere rushing forward past him now that he had the opportunity.
The ground rumbled briefly as Jacturis spoke again. "THE FATE OF AELINON MUsT BE DECIDED by ITS CITIZENS. INTERFERENCE FROM THOSE WHO HAVE NO STAKE IN OUR GREAT NATION WILL NOT BE PERMITTED."
With the power of the Scepter restored in his hands, Seraos appraised the power flowing through him. He didn't know how much of the lore on the artifact was true and how much was fiction, but it certainly did hold great power. As his hands sparked up as he conjured a bolt of lightning, with Sere hurrying to his side, he pointed at Rigel.
"It's over," Seraos declared triumphantly. "Have your men stand down and I'll ensure that only the officers and government officials are charged for treason."
Sere had no words for his brother. Instead, he was left wondering why he never learned of the signs - and what he could've done instead. it was too late to show clemency, after all that Rigel had done.
Rigel was not fazed - rather, he gave a defiant laugh. "Is that it? You think that this all ends when I die here? How naive..."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2306 Posted: 02:17:43 27/04/2020
Angora kept attacking, but she later for a moment when she heard Jacturis speaking, and caught a glimpse of Seraos with the Scepter in hand, much to her surprise. The real monarch had it. Did that mean they finally won? Most of the Ishulgites looked disoriented, but that was probably Raclaw's doing. Maverick could also catch a glimpse of Seraos with the scepter, and while he was happy for him, he didn't lower his guard just yet. Seraos had the scepter, but this didn't feel like a victory just yet for a reason. After his life as a pirate, he knew never to lower his guard even after it was seemingly all over...

Back in the woods, there wasn't any signs of Ishulgites stalking them. Sand Dune still felt watched, but he was hoping it was just a woodland creature. He got his answer soon enough when a very large creature passed them by. It didn't noticed them, but it was sniffing the air. The animal could be perfectly described as a bear like creature similar to a grizzly, but with a small horn between it's eyes and twice the size. Sand Dune and Random soon covered Opium and themselves with mud to hide the scent. It was no Ishulgites, but a wild animal that size was bound to do some deadly damage if it discovered them...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:26:38 27/04/2020 by Felines
#2307 Posted: 03:11:04 27/04/2020 | Topic Creator
Orion saw the Scepter was in Seraos hands and smiled. “It seems they have indeed decided their fate.”

Icestorm was nearby and saw this as well and gave a roar in triumph. “The king has the Scepter! Keep fighting until the enemy surrenders or is defeated!” He said as he used his light breath to blind then strike down his foe.”
---
SC
#2308 Posted: 16:48:30 27/04/2020
Maverick couldn't overhear what Orion or Icestorm said, but Angora heard the little kaiju's yelling. Finally, it seemed the battle was being won, but the Ishulgites weren't backing down, and she doubted Rigel was going to give up already. She didn't know if he had a plan B for if the scepter was taken away from him, but he did looked like the stubborn type. She kept battling limp and all, using her more deadly aim to strike down creature after creature without mercy, wishing they would understand the message already. Maverick was behind Ilasi, protecting each other's back. Angora didn't have that, so if a monster tried to attack her from behind, Maverick would warn her.

The woods were eerily quiet now. No signs of the horned bear or anything else. Sand Dune and Random were looking at Opium's wounds, when suddenly he started to get dragged. The bear creature has returned, biting at his leg and taking him away very fast. Sand Dune tried to grab him while Random attacked the creature's face, to no avail. The desperate men tried to protect their friend, but the beast was quite powerful. It was going to be a horrible irony if they lost Opium to a wild animal rather than the Ishulgites they were battling, but just when it seemed the animal was going to steal Opium away, it breathed with difficulty, and immediately afterwards, it fell dead. A knife had punctured it's lung several times, and holding it was a hooded figure, which soon revealed a face that turned out to be Huntress.
"You boys clearly don't know how dangerous these woods can be." she said cockily, removing the knife. The three men stared with their mouths open. Opium for a moment thought he was dead. Was he going crazy, or did a beautiful young lady saved his life? Huntress paid no attention to the men's stares and instead focused on Opium's legs.
"He'll live. And he won't need amputation. I would clean the wound if I were you though. These things aren't venomous or anything, but they can have a lot of bacteria in those jaws." Huntress explained, noticing the stares now and rolling her eyes. The beast was going to be a nice collection, as well as food for all of them while they were hidden. Huntress wasn't exceptionally strong physically, but she studied many creature's anatomies precisely to do one hit kills if her life was ever in danger, or another one in this case.
---
#2309 Posted: 01:26:30 28/04/2020
"Without Aelinon, your plans are no more," Seraos said. "You and your friends are finished."
"it is true - we've made a critical underestimation of your capabilities," Rigel answered without hesitation. "We have planned for such contingencies, however - we will now initiate compensation for our shortcomings."
Raising his hands, Rigel soon became enveloped in light before apparently sublimating; very soon, there was no trace of him left, save for an empty heap of clothing. Many of the other Ishulgites nearby would seemingly vaporize in such a manner.
Far off in the distance, the four nodes on the ground from earlier pulsed with lower, as the ground faintly thrummed. In the center of it all was Apothis - making final preparations for a spell of some sort. What as to come now?

Deep underground, the behemoth continued to push the weapon along as it made its way to the battlefield. The vibration in the ground indicated the need to get a move-on.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2310 Posted: 02:08:36 28/04/2020 | Topic Creator
Orion growled. “The fool!”

Shade meanwhile felt this vibration and got worried. “What’s going on out there?”
---
SC
#2311 Posted: 03:03:54 28/04/2020
Many of the Ishulgites Maverick, Angora and Ilasi were battling disappeared as if magic. Maverick took the time to catch his breath, but a sweating Angora just looked annoyed. Did they win or was this a twisted form of magic?
"What the hell just happened!?" she demanded to know, expecting an answer from anybody. Maverick was glad for the break, but was just as confused. Taking the time to breathe, he looked at a distance, and could see that not all Ishulgites vanished. There were still some out there, but quite far and not a danger to them... for now. He took the time to look at Angora, who was still limping but barely bleeding. Whatever she had on her knee was preventing her from bleeding too much, but he still didn't like the idea of her having who knows what inside. What if it was poisonous? Or causing some internal damage with Angora still moving? Maverick couldn't stop being worried...

Huntress helped with attending Opium's wounds, having every desire to slap these men for staring at her too much. Random took notice of this and spoke to Sand Dune.
"Ok, what is HE doing!? Is he mocking me?" she demanded to know, but Sand Dune spoke up quickly.
"Oh no miss. Nothing of the sort. Random here is mute, so he can only use sign language to communicate." he quickly explained. Huntress raised an eyebrow.
"Mute, huh? Interesting. Never seen this... sign language in action." she said, getting quite fascinated by the subject. Random was the strong and literal silent type. That was quite amazing. But wait, Random? What kind of name... nickname was that? Was it because of his sign language? She didn't question it, but the big guy was certainly the more interesting of the trio.
---
#2312 Posted: 03:47:02 28/04/2020
Far off in the distance, centered on Apothis' position, an ethereal figure began to form into something more corporeal. As it did, so did some chains shackled to the obelisks at the nodes.
The form was a gargantuan monstrosity, best described as a combination of a beetle and an arachnid, with traits reminiscent of bipedal and quadruped creatures. Its brutal mandibles were matched by its vicious claws.
The creature, however, was bound. As it struggled to move, Apothis seemed to serve as an anchor, around which the creature was summoned.
Finally, they spoke.
"I had long prayed that we would never have to resort to such measures!" they said, in a voice which clearly rang out in the minds of all those present. "We have killed - we have lost - far too many to let their sacrifices be in vain. Thus, we make one final sacrifice - the creature which stands here now is none other than Ishulgu, brought to heel by the very force of our will. He is a manifestation of the hope of every man, woman, and child for a truly unified world! One with no more conflict or sorrow! One where none will ever be tossed aside as a result of greed or hate! If you truly believe the current world order to be worth clinging to, then pray test your faith against ours, and may the stronger be victorious - for soon, you will be nothing more than grist for the great mill of progress! Our world has no place for reactionaries who would cling to ideals which continue to bring suffering to the weak for the pleasure of the few!"
With that, the avatar of Ishulgu let out a ferocious, challenging roar. Everything everyone had endured had lead to this moment - they had to make it count.

As odd as the sight of so many people suddenly vanishing into thin air had been to Ilasi, she didn't have time to process all of it. There was, indeed, a much bigger problem on their hands, far out in the distance. So this was the god the Ishulgites had been working so hard to resurrect...
She couldn't pinpoint exactly what was happening, but she felt she was becoming more tired, and small aching had begun in her head. "Dear... do you feel that, or... is it just... me?" she asked Maverick hesitantly. If it was just her, Ilasi didn't want to worry Maverick too much about the details.

The behemoth gave a fierce growl. "WE MUST GET TO THE BATTLEFIELD AT ONCE. WE WILL MOVE FASTER. THE MACHINE BEST BE ABLE TO HANDLE IT."
The men accompanying the behemoth gave a shrug; ultimately, they didn't have the means to force the creature to keep a slower pace if he didn't want to, regardless of how fragile the machine was. At the very least, they were almost at the site of the battle.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2313 Posted: 04:17:10 28/04/2020
Angora felt it even harder than Maverick, who was looking at his girls with concern. He didn't know how to answer Ilasi.
"I fear this part of the battle was just the beginning. These idiots have something up their sleeves. I know it!" Angora said as she got closer to Ilasi and Maverick, ready to protect them with her shields if necessary. She was still thinking of her three brig friends, but there was a far more pressing matter here. She just had to pray they were able to take care of themselves. Where was this rumbling coming from? Please don't let it be another giant. She still remembered how she humiliated herself with the last one...

In the woods, Sand Dune was apologizing.
"We never meant to be rude with staring miss. It's not what you think. It's just that... we're were surprised is all, how you managed to subdue that creature with so much ease." he explained, with Random talking some more, agreeing.
"Just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I can't do such feats." she defended herself, thinking it was a case of manhood, but Sand Dune soon corrected everything.
"You just need to learn some anatomy and even someone of my size can subdue such creature. This beast was supposed to be hibernating this time of the year, but some unfortunately never managed to get the calories they need, and your friend here was the perfect candidate to gain the extra weight in his condition to the point of risking facing you. It was thanks to his distraction that it got easy to kill it." Huntress patiently explained, having seen the horned bear earlier when it was sniffing the air and was waiting for the perfect moment for it to be distracted, even if it meant almost sacrificing Opium.
---
#2314 Posted: 05:50:38 28/04/2020
With the immediate area having been cleared, Latnok and Sere regrouped, and Julian and the other Guardians were soon with them.
"They are definitely doing something right now," Sere noted. "I can feel it. They are..."
"WE FEEL STRONG PSYCHIC ENERGY EMANATING FROM ISHULGU," Jacturis noted. "IN ADDITION, ISHULGU APPEARS TO BE DRAWING LIFE FORCE FROM THE AREA. WE SENSE THAT SUCH AN ACTION IS BEING DIRECTED - THEY ARE TARGETING THOSE WHO DO NOT SIDE WITH THEM. SUCH EFFORTS ARE LIKELY TO PERSIST UNTIL THEIR ENEMIES SUCCUMB PHYSICALLY OR MENTALLY, AND SEEM TO GROW IN RANGE OVER TIME. THE BATTLE MUST BE WON QUICKLY. AELINON IS IN DANGER."
Seraos, on the stage, didn't need to hear much more. "You don't need to tell me twice. We'll get a move-on," he answered. "I'll give us a tailwind and see if we can't take the thing down with a good charge."
"THE AVATAR HAS TRANSCENDED THIS WORLD," Jacturis warned. "IT BOTH IS AND IS NOT OF THIS WORLD. STRIKING ITS PHYSICAL FORM MAY PROVE TO BE IMPOSSIBLE. WE SENSE THE POWER OF THEIR SACRIFICE, HOWEVER; THE CHAINS BINDING IT ARE DRIVEN BY THE WILL OF THOSE WHO WERE SACRIFICED, AND TETHER IT TO THIS WORLD UNDER THEIR COMMAND. BREAKING THE CHAINS MAY CHANGE THIS AND RENDER THEM UNABLE TO CONTROL THE DEITY, OR UNABLE TO KEEP IT BOUND HERE."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2315 Posted: 06:07:31 28/04/2020
Angora was trying hard to process everything, but she wasn't understanding what exactly was going on.
"Absorb life force? Not strike it's physical form? Then what should we do?" Maverick asked, though more to himself than Jacturis. Angora needed answers.
"So it's just as I suspected. Another giant coming our way. It's those stupid Ishulgites' MO. If you can't attack it head on, then what can we do? How do we break these chains like you say?" the troll asked, not sure if Orion knew, but Jacturis was finally being a little more active, at least in terms of conversation. Perhaps he knew. Maverick however, had another concern.
"Angorita? I think you should sit this one out. You are injured. Por favor, just let us take care of this one." he begged, but predictably, Angora was having none of it.
"Have you lost it? I'm not going to sit around and do nothing! These Ishulgites have been a threat for far too long! If this is the chance to stop them for good, I am not leaving any of you alone to do it!" she said stubbornly, wanting to help stopping those menaces. She was curious as to what happened to Rigel and most of the Ishulgites, but if there was... something coming their way, she wasn't going to leave anyone alone. Maverick looked at Ilasi with a worried face and shook his head slowly, wishing Angora wasn't so stubborn...

While it was rather far away, Huntress was the first to notice the shaking. She had a very bad feeling.
"Something's not right. You boys, stay here. And keep covering yourself in mud if you need to! My king needs me!" Huntress instructed, leaving before giving the men any chance to reply. Just who was this woman?
---
#2316 Posted: 08:00:05 28/04/2020
"DESTROYING THE MAGICAL SUPPORTS THEY ARE ATTACHED TO SHOULD SUFFICE TO NULLIFY THEIR EFFECTIVENESS," Jacturis instructed. Indeed, the chains were each attached to one of four pillars, set about in a square arrangement.
Seraos got right into planning. "I will lead a wyvern company and see to the destruction of the pillar on the far side of us," he suggested. "I have a weapon coming in that should allow us to flatten one of the other ones. Assaulting the two closer pillars will be no small task."
"WE WILL ASSIST IN THIS ENDEAVOR," Jacturis offered. As it spoke, a rending sound, similar to but less intense than a sonicboom, could be heard in the distance. Through some distortion of space, more Ishulgite troops came in - presumably from some location far away from the battlefield.
"OUR ENEMY WILL ATTACK US CEASELESSLY UNTIL THIS IS OVER. WE MUST PRESS ON WHILE WE STILL HAVE THE STRENGTH TO DO SO."

Ilasi shook her head at Angora's stubbornness. "Please, Angora... just let us handle this..." she entreated. "Could you imagine how we would feel, having to bury you when this is all over because you fought while hurting as you are? Please... just leave this to us. I'm sure we can solve this." Ilasi was doubtful that Angora would care for her request - or care enough to change her mind, if she did - but it was worth a try. She knew too many people who ended up in bad straits - if not dead - for being stubborn on the battlefield.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2317 Posted: 13:44:56 28/04/2020
Angora shook her head, still refusing to see reason.
"I won't cower and let you two face it off alone! I have to do something!" she replied to Ilasi, as stubborn as ever. But Ilasi's comment, plus Angora's now swollen leg, made Maverick overwhelmed with worry... and then upset. He did something he has never done before. He slapped Angora, and quite hard.
"Maldición Angora! Look at your leg! You can't fight like that!" Maverick scolded, almost sounding like a different man. He then looked at how Angora was almost crying at the way her friend treated her, which made him feel horribly guilty.
"I... lo siento Angorita. I just... don't want you to get hurt any further. Por favor..." it was then that he remembered something important.
"You'r... your healing powers. Can't you heal yourself?" Maverick asked, trying to somehow fix his mess.
"I can't heal myself. Just others. I tried." she said in a breaking voice, feeling ashamed and embarrased, not looking at their faces.
"Orion's powers. He gave us powers. Perhaps... we should try using them combined... or something?" Maverick wondered, looking at Ilasi. He didn't know if it would work, or if part of Orion's powers were healing like Angora, but maybe Ilasi had some. She did have some magic before and was a great healer even without them, so it was worth a shot. They didn't have much time, and while Maverick wouldn't want Angora... or Ilasi to participate in the upcoming battle for that matter, he knew the troll would feel too bad if she didn't help.
---
#2318 Posted: 16:02:27 28/04/2020 | Topic Creator
“ Jacturis I wish to help protect your people and Aelinon. They cannot do this alone.” Orion said. “This god must be freed from the chains.” He then bowed before Jacturi wishing to serve Aelinon and its people in this time of need.
---
SC
#2319 Posted: 22:37:07 28/04/2020
"YOU MAY JOIN US," Jacturis answered. "THE PEOPLE OF AELINON HAVE DECIDED THEIR OWN DIRECTION. WHAT YOU DO DOES NOT CONCERN US, PROVIDED THAT REMAINS TRUE."
As the two spoke, Seraos beckoned for one of his wyvern riders to join him. His own wyvern had fallen, so he would instead instruct to have a wyvern with an injured rider brought over so he could take flight. He steeled himself for the moment to come as he waited. Many of the opposing wyverns were in a state of confusion, their riders having suddenly disappeared; they would also be a potentially viable option.

Latnok looked in the sky for Raclaw, given the moment. Now that they had the chance, this would be the perfect opportunity to get together again to finish the battle. As he did, he could, ever so slightly, feel himself being drained, as something pressed against his mind; he didn't want to waste any time.

Ilasi wasn't quite sure how to proceed; most of the magic she had regarding healing involved enchantments that supplemented the medicine she used. How would she combine those with Angora's own magic? Perhaps there was a way...
Reaching into her satchel, she grabbed some organic, antiseptic paste she had previously prepared with her enchantments. Perhaps if the medicine could be applied as Angora attempted her magic...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2320 Posted: 23:34:58 28/04/2020 | Topic Creator
“King Seraos I will support you. I will try my best to keep the gods attacks from harming any more.” Orion said as his wings glowed with power. “For the people of Aelinon.”

Icestorm and Crystal landed beside Orion as well. “We will fight off attackers.”
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:40:15 28/04/2020 by Spyroconvexity
#2321 Posted: 23:35:54 28/04/2020
A glra's healing magic didn't ork on herself... but the last time she tried it, it wasn't with Orion's blessing. Perhaps it could work this time? Still, she already gave the suggestion to Maverick and Ilasi, and the more the better she expected. She asked Neo to help too.
Before the healing however, Angora had to take whatever was inside her knee. Maverick saw her intentions, but before he could react, Angora pulled it off, from the wound blood and pus.
"Oh come on! Angorita! You should've waited!" Maverick scolded again, but immediately regretted it. Whatever Angora had it was some sort of long spike, maybe from the back of one of the creatures? Or a claw?
"Oh shut up and give me your hand! You too Ilasi." Angora instructed, being a little harsher when addressing to Maverick. She then instructed the couple on how to perform the healing, and with Neo's help, hopefully it would work...

Huntress was back at the battlefield, and was more confused than ever. The battlefield felt more... empty. Has the enemy retreated? Have they won at last? She spotted the king with a wyvern that wasn't his, and immediately knew why. She wanted to go with him, but going there meant Maverick and Angora were going to see her, having just noticed them. What now?
---
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8550
#2322 Posted: 00:54:34 29/04/2020
Quote:
Latnok looked in the sky for Raclaw, given the moment. Now that they had the chance, this would be the perfect opportunity to get together again to finish the battle. As he did, he could, ever so slightly, feel himself being drained, as something pressed against his mind; he didn't want to waste any time.

Latnok wouldn't have to look long-- with Raclaw soon flying in and landing aside Latnok, his previous task done. Now there was a bigger objective..

Risar would soon join up with the others as well, while Chester remained safe and sound aboard the Enduring Legacy.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:55:43 29/04/2020 by redwes
#2323 Posted: 01:57:04 29/04/2020
In the tunnels, the behemoth reached what seemed like a dead end before raising its forelegs and pounding on the ground. In response, the earth above shifted, revealing a passageway to the outside world. The behemoth passed, passengers and weapon in tow.
The group was far from the battle, though close enough to see most of the carnage that had unfolded so far. Ishulgu's form could be seen in the distance, with the reinforcements coming in through the holes in space.
No doubt there would be orders to receive, now that they were on the battlefield. The weapon was charged enough to fire at least once.

The loyalist cavalry took the opportunity of the wide-open space to close as much ground as they could. Interrupting their charge, however, was a sudden surge of brambles from the ground, tripping up many horses and leading to them and their riders ending up trampled. The horse platoons split up in order to minimize the impact of such attacks on their fighting force.
With Raclaw present, Latnok was ready to head into the battle. The rest of the Guardians were all prepared as well. This was their duty - though they rarely saw battlefields on such a scale, they always had to be prepared to be involved when the situation called for it.
Julian couldn't help but feel a strong aching in his wooden side. Whatever they were doing, it was exacerbating the pain it gave him.

Ilasi did as Angora requested. She wasn't much a fan of using experimental treatments in such a manner, but she knew Angora could be rather insistent. It was, therefore, probably for the best.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2324 Posted: 03:02:39 29/04/2020
With Angora's instructions, and her joining in, their hands glowed. Maverick and Ilasi's however, didn't blow as much as her hand. She had both Orion's blessing and Neo with her, so her magic was more powerful than them. But when they lifted their hand and saw the results, it wasn't what Angora was expecting. Her wound looked much better than before, but it didn't close completely. And it was still swollen.
"I guess... it doesn't work the same with troll skin?" she said pessimistic, the healing not being as successful as when she used it on the sailors back in the Enduring Legacy. Or maybe it was just because Maverick and Ilasi's magic wasn't as strong and her healing still didn't work on herself? Maverick looked at her with concern, and Angora already knew where he was going with. The Guardians were about to leave, so she didn't have much time to think.
"Fine! FINE! I won't go with you! I will retreat to the woods with Sand Dune, Random and Opium. Just promise me you'll be careful and that you'll stay close to the Guardians." Angora asked of the two of them, preferring if they went with the Guardians where they could be extra protected. She disliked them, but trusted them more with her friend's safety than the Aelinonians.

Maverick was much more relieved now, very happy to see Angora finally seeing reason. He saw her heading to the woods to reunite with the three men, looking at the skies to make sure nothing tried to attack or follow Angora while she headed there. Once she was close, he gave a small smile to Ilasi, believing Angora will be safe now. There was still much work to be done, so in order to keep each other safe, Maverick decided to listen to Angora and go with the Guardians.
---
#2325 Posted: 07:00:53 29/04/2020
Raclaw stood ready-- ready to do whatever it took and alongside the one whom he was fortunate enough to call friend and companion. Many terms could describe Latnok and his relationship to himself; some might claim that the Guardian had tamed him and (after-a-fashion) had 'collared' him. Those people wouldn't be entirely wrong in either regard and collar itself now linked them in ways that were never before possible, but it mattered not. They knew what they were to each other, as did their closest friends. And now they were here; now was the moment. "Whatever we do-- we must succeed. For the sake of the world," he said prepared to let their senses sync once again.
---
#2326 Posted: 22:56:01 29/04/2020
Ilasi was mainly relieved that Angora wouldn't be exposing herself to any undue danger. She and Maverick arrived in time to meet up with the rest of the Guardians before they pushed their own assault. Enemy troops would be closing in soon.

Angora would not escape the notice of the Ishulgites. The overbearing mental presence aimed its attention at her, at least temporarily. "Angora. You could have been so much more. Instead, you have chosen to fight for a world order which would see you thrown to the wayside. You will reap the rewards of such a foolish decision."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2327 Posted: 00:11:34 30/04/2020
Angora took the time to rest besides a tree. Huntress was nearby, watching her, but the troll was too tired to notice. She was about to ask something of Neo when her mind was intercepted. Frustrated was little to describe how she felt. How come these people were still bothering her even after she defiantly rejected them?
"Ugh! Seriously? You STILL won't leave me alone? Listen, let's make thing one clear! I wouldn't have had any problem with your ideal if it didn't involve the extinction of so many creatures! So many are gone already, and you want to make it more? Why must you keep contacting me? Why must you keep torturing me so? Isn't it enough what I've been through already?" Angora demanded to know, having thought that with the rejection, the mind messages would've stopped. But there they were, still annoying her. What's worse is that if she was being talked without the orb, it meant the messenger was nearby. It made her nervous...

When Angora talked to someone using telepathy, she used both her power and her mouth to concentrate better, but for someone seeing her, it would seem like she was talking alone. What was wrong with her? Huntress at first didn't think the troll was too bad after all, especially after her beloved king took the time to find out about her innocence, but maybe it was giving her too much credit. Seeing her now, maybe Angora had a few loose screws.

As Ilasi and Maverick reunited with the Guardians, the faun man was crying.
"I am such a bad friend, aren't I? I never should've hit Angora like that. She was my first amiga, you know? When we met, we only had each other, and now I can barely protect her, to the point even I am harming her." Maverick said as he wiped his eyes, still feeling horribly guilty for slapping her.
---
#2328 Posted: 00:48:08 30/04/2020
Ilasi felt extremely awkward, not quite knowing how to respond to her boyfriend... crying. Would a response from her embarrass him? Or would she seem distant for not saying anything? In the end, she went with her gut instinct.
"Maverick, dear... we all get... a little carried away at times," she said in her attempt to console him. "The important thing is that you mean the best for her. Just remember that... you just wanted the best for her, and you were frustrated." The two would, unfortunately, not have much time to talk about the matter; the Guardians and the loyalists were pushing ahead.

Back with the weapon, Seraos soon descended nearby on his wyvern to give the order. "Aim the weapon at the farthest pillar you see over there," he ordered, pointing to indicate the target. On his command, the mages with the behemoth began preparing the weapon. The energy it had stored was enough for it to charge one shot, and the proceeding blast shook the earth as it hit its target far in the distance. One of the pillars was seemingly destroyed; Ishulgu thrashed in the distance with the weakened bonds.

Meanwhile, around Angora, the vegetation was already beginning to visibly wilt. Ishulgu was draining the life out of living things in the area, other than the Ishulgites and other things they were using to attack foes with.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2329 Posted: 01:01:40 30/04/2020 | Topic Creator
“Brother, we must hurry! At the rate the live is being drained around here there won’t be an country to save!” Orion said.

Inside the machine Shade was wincing in pain. He could sense Angora was nearby which boosted his spirits. “A-Angora.” He said weakly.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:03:02 30/04/2020 by Spyroconvexity
#2330 Posted: 03:31:46 30/04/2020
Maverick opened his mouth to say something, but like Ilasi, he realized there was no time for a conversation. Not one, not two, but three deities were involved now, signaling the severity of this war. Along the Guardians, he followed instructions, determined to help upset an end to this senseless war once and for all.

Quote: A Guy
Meanwhile, around Angora, the vegetation was already beginning to visibly wilt. Ishulgu was draining the life out of living things in the area, other than the Ishulgites and other things they were using to attack foes with.

Angora looked around her, and didn't know whether to be terrified or angry. Creatures were not the only targets.
"You bastard! Where is PEACE spelled in all of this!?" she demanded to know, though not really expecting an answer. She tried to get away from the forest, fearful that the wilt could affect her as well, but Sand Dune, Opium and Random were still out there. She couldn't leave them alone. She remembered where they were, but her limping wasn't helping at all... until she was lifted and lead to where the trio was.

"Angora! And... the little miss!" Sand Dune greeted, the wilting not having reached that part of the woods yet.
"No time to explain you three. The enemy is somehow making the forest die. You're not safe here. Big man. Random... take your friend. You're not safe here!" Huntress urged, being intuitive enough to know that, somehow, the Ishulgites were behind the plants dying. And it was after Angora talked to herself. Perhaps she was talking telepathically? She didn't think a troll could do that, but all pointed out to that. Maybe she wasn't crazy after all. Angora couldn't see Huntress in her position, but she recognized the voice. Could it really be?
---
#2331 Posted: 04:15:06 30/04/2020
"There will be peace. We will have our peace when you're gone, and you will have your peace when you're dead," the avatar declared. "We could have ended this without the need for such extreme measures; yet you and other fools have resisted us. YOU have brought this upon yourself. Your life has always had little meaning, and you will die as you've lived - alone. Even if that mongrel survives this battle, by some miracle, he will be far too busy starting a new life with the mermaid. We will wring you of every drop of life you have."
As the avatar spoke, the rending of space could be heard nearby. Out of the temporary tear created stepped two armed soldiers; by their lack of disorientation, they clearly had a target in mind already.

Seraos nodded as he saw the machine do its job. "Excellent. Will we be able to replicate that?" he asked.
"Unfortunately, it would seem the machine suffered some damage in our rush to get here," a mage noted as he analyzed the device. "Activating it exacerbated the issues, it would seem. We would need to repair-"
"We don't have time for repairs," Seraos interrupted. "Find whatever way you can to get that thing operating again for one more shot, even if you have to tie it together with flax and hemp."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2332 Posted: 04:29:21 30/04/2020 | Topic Creator
Inside the machine Shade was slowly regaining his energy. He could feel something inside of him wanting to fight. He pressed his nose against one of the vents to speak to the king. “King Seraos, let me help. Let me truly serve for your country.”

“We need to consertrate our power on the remaining pillars brother.” Orion said as his wings started to glow with life and power.
---
SC
#2333 Posted: 05:28:51 30/04/2020
Maverick followed the Guardian's lead, helping as best as he can and reloading his crossbow. He knew the danger was increasing, but didn't realize how much. He admired Seraos greatly for the way he defended his people, though he wished he didn't have such harsh laws.

"There will be peace. We will have our peace when you're gone, and you will have your peace when you're dead," the avatar declared. "We could have ended this without the need for such extreme measures; yet you and other fools have resisted us. YOU have brought this upon yourself. Your life has always had little meaning, and you will die as you've lived - alone. Even if that mongrel survives this battle, by some miracle, he will be far too busy starting a new life with the mermaid. We will wring you of every drop of life you have."
As the avatar spoke, the rending of space could be heard nearby. Out of the temporary tear created stepped two armed soldiers; by their lack of disorientation, they clearly had a target in mind already.

Angora's bones trembled. The voice was different, and now, it was openly threatening her... and Maverick. She was going to have none of it.
"I am NOT alone! Not anymore! I don't know who the hell you are, but I swear I will end you!" she said menacingly, not willing to let anybody threaten her or her friends, especially Maverick. She released herself from Huntress grip, finally seeing her face and confirming that she was indeed the woman who paid for the dinner back then. But there was no time for the formalities.
"All of you, run as far away as you can from here. I have to return to the battle. Maverick is in danger!" Angora urged, starting to run on all fours so that she wouldn't have to limp so much. What she could interpret from the message is that they were going after Maverick just to hurt her, and she couldn't possibly allow that. Despite still finding such a feat incredibly humiliating, pride was the least of her worries now. Plus she could run faster on all fours.

"Wait! Where do you think you're going you stupid creature!?" Huntress called, angry that she let Angora get away from her like that. But there was no time to chase her.
"Aargh! May all the saints you know be with you. You men, we need to find a place where we can be safe! There is something supernatural going on here and we must be away from it. Let's go!" Huntress said, leading the deeply worried men somewhere in the woods. Somewhere among that foliage was a cottage where a hermit wizard lived once. Though he was long dead, rumors had it that there was still some protective magic around the overly cautious wizard's home. Now if only she could remember exactly where the place was. They didn't have much time...
---
#2334 Posted: 05:45:32 30/04/2020
Unfortunately, Angora would not travel far before her path was blocked by the two soldiers; each carrying a spear, and prepared with an axe and crossbow on their person should the need call for it. "Going somewhere?" one of them mockingly called out, as they pointed their spears at her. "If it isn't the little traitor. You're buzzard food."

Meanwhile, as Jacturis led the vanguard of the assault by hacking away at the defending lines and any bramble put up in order to interfere with the attack, a platoon of Ishulgite wyvern riders set their sights on the rear of the formation. A few targets of value there... mainly a few that were allegedly blessed by Orion. The Guardians would be hard targets; a swift fly-by could pick up other targets of interest, however.
In coordination, they descended on the aft portion of the formation, where they were immediately engaged by the Guardians. Three found their way near Maverick and Ilasi; though Latnok engaged one, the others all had their hands full...
In the heat of the moment, Ilasi thought of something. Perhaps a spell Latnok used earlier could come in handy here...

Seraos gave an exasperated sigh. "Let him out for now," he ordered. The soldiers obliged, and the doors on the machine were opened.
"If you wish to fight, then we will grant you the opportunity," he told Shade. "If you flee or turn on us, though, you're as good as dead, and I'll make sure you get served to one of my behemoths."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2335 Posted: 06:25:18 30/04/2020
Maverick was done loading the crossbow by now, only to meet up with a bunch of wyverns surrounding them as soon as he lifted his head.
"Oh por el amor de...!" he started to say, readying his crossbow and aiming it at one of the wyvern's eyes, but he was trembling so much it missed his mark. How come from all the presents there, they targeted them in particular? Was it because they stand out? Because they weren't Guardians? Maverick didn't have the time to think it up, for he now had to focus on avoiding wyvern talons. After what almost happened to him the last time, engaging the flying beasts was terrifying. It made Angora even more admirable for feeding one of them time and time again...

Unfortunately, Angora would not travel far before her path was blocked by the two soldiers; each carrying a spear, and prepared with an axe and crossbow on their person should the need call for it. "Going somewhere?" one of them mockingly called out, as they pointed their spears at her. "If it isn't the little traitor. You're buzzard food."

Angora couldn't believe her horrendous luck. She was now experiencing the full extent of the Ishulgites hatred for her. A ton of Guardians and Seraos men, yet they were pursuing a small little troll for a petty grudge.
"How many of you are there damn it?" she cursed, standing up on two legs again and ready to engage them in battle if necessary. She wasn't going to let two mere servants get in the way of her friends, not even Shade, wherever he was...

Fortunately for Huntress, she managed to remember where the cabin was hidden. The wilted trees were reaching them, and the less foliage meant more view, which ironically helped them.
"Come. Be careful with your friend. We should be safe here." Huntress said as she forced the door open, though it really hadn't been necessary. The cabin was vacant, yet incredibly messy. So much dust caused her to sneeze and the three men to chuckle at how cute the sneeze was.
"Sorry." Sand Dune apologized after a glare from her, and she prepared the couch for Opium.
"We thank you for your hospitality miss. But I think I should go find Angora. You stay here with Random and Opium." Sand Dune said, but Huntress was having none of it.
"Um, did you miss the dying trees outside? Nobody is going anywhere? I'm really sorry for the little troll, but it's too dangerous go out there. All we can do is pray her luck is as big as her stubbornness." Huntress expressed, not willing to let anyone out. If something happened to to the troll, it was going to be her own fault, not them.
---
#2336 Posted: 06:32:09 30/04/2020 | Topic Creator
Shade soon came out. “I will not run or turn on you.” Having been blessed by Orion his golden sword appeared on his hip followed by his armor. “As a knight to Orion I will not fail.” Using his extra arm he drew his sword and it glowed brightly as did everyone’s sword Orion had given them shortly by white armor covering everyone.
---
SC
#2337 Posted: 07:47:09 30/04/2020
Angora's eyes were focused on the two soldiers facing her, and while she didn't notice her special sword, she felt... invigorated. As if her magic was stronger than ever. She wanted to wound these Ishulgites at best, but if they left her no choice, she was going to kill them...
---
#2338 Posted: 18:37:23 30/04/2020
One of the soldiers facing Angora immediately threw his spear before switching to his crossbow. The other maintained his spear, ready to engage Angora if she tried to close the distance. She was a smaller target - but with that, she would presumably have a weaker constitution.

As the armor manifested itself, a wingbeat hit Ilasi and knocked her back. The wyvern rushed over to finish the job when Ilasi, on the ground, conjured a string of water and whipped the wyvern in the left eye with it. The creature was temporarily disoriented as it shrieked. Its rider tried to aim his spear at the target his wyvern failed to kill.
The rest of the Guardians were fighting the sudden onslaught of wyverns - which they proved adept enough at. Julian's wooden arm started violently twitching; yet the rush of battle was enough to make the pain tolerable.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2339 Posted: 19:05:50 30/04/2020
Maverick wanted to assist Ilasi, but he had trouble facing his own wyvern. When the one Ilasi was facing shrieked, he got worried for a moment and looked behind him, yelling her name as one of his opponent's claws caught his back. Thankfully, the wound wasn't deep at all thanks to the newly manifested armor, but it stung, and it almost felt like someone was throwing rubbing alcohol on it already. It was a distraction that lasted less than a second, yet enough to do damage just the same. His medallion could protect him from magic, but Maverick was starting to realize that was the only thing it was good at. The wyvern lunged at him with his jaws open yet again, but Maverick wasn't willing to through the same close call as before, especially since he doubted he would be saved this time with the whole here of wyverns distracting everyone else. Maverick managed to dodge the teeth, but his armor got caught. It was then that he noted his clothing were different. It was the same armor Orion has bestowed upon them. Convenient, but he didn't want to take any risks. He was lifted, and he took close the moment to shoot at the wyvern's eye just before the shirt broke and he fell to the ground again.
"Lo siento creature." he said, actually apologizing to the wyvern. It wasn't the beast's fault. It was just an animal trained to follow orders, very much like Veris. Maverick remembered the time he gave the big guy a belly rub, showing that even wyverns could have emotions, so hurting this one made him feel quite guilty.

One of the soldiers facing Angora immediately threw his spear before switching to his crossbow. The other maintained his spear, ready to engage Angora if she tried to close the distance. She was a smaller target - but with that, she would presumably have a weaker constitution.

The spear went inches away from Angora, making her wonder if he just missed or was just a warning. Beyond the shadow of a doubt, this wasn't just a war. It was a personal vendetta against her, thus making her friends a target as well. She was deeply worried about her former brig friends, and the woman back there, but she couldn't worry about too many people at the same time. Her priority was Maverick, who was named almost directly and was the main target due to being her best friend from the few she had. Knowing that these two mooks were going to shoot her if she tried to escape, she looked around her, trying to find an opening, but even if she did, they were just going to use the crossbow or throw the remaining spear at her. But where could she look? She took a look everywhere, even the sky, and that's when her quick wit, the one who has been saving her throughout her lifetime of hardship, was back to work. She grinned at the soldiers, her hands shining enough to cause a bit of blindness.
"Bye!" she said, the shining intensifying. She gave the impression that she was about to attack them with massive force bolts, but when she actually fired, she aimed at the ground, catapulting herself like a rocket above her two attackers and landing behind them. She knew they were going to retaliate once they realized what she did, so she immediately activated her shield, running around all fours again as fast as she could and the shield looking like a giant hamster ball. She didn't even want to imagine how stupid she looked right now, but appearances didn't matter right now. It was her life and Maverick's on the line right now. She had to reach him before it was too late...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:39:25 30/04/2020 by Felines
#2340 Posted: 19:22:53 30/04/2020
Raclaw fought alongside Latnok-- the pair doing everything they could from their grounded positions. The Wyverns (and their riders) would naturally have an advantage over those strictly land-based individuals and they had to do something to help.. they had to do more than what they were doing now. "Latnok, I think we should join forces in the air once again!," the Fur Dragon said he closely fended off an combatant with a bit of flame breath. He didn't explicitly use the words 'mount' or 'ride', but he knew the Guardian would know exactly what he meant. He was a (albeit furred) dragon facing dragon-like combatants after all; their best chances against such components would be in the air. Nearby, Risar was busy slicing and dicing to the best of his ability. "Whatever you two are going to do, Risar will cover you!," the minotaur exclaimed with a (not of his own) bloody grin. He was slightly envious of Latnok, being very much a ground-based unit with his massive size and weight-- too much for most mounts to ever handle. But Latnok had Raclaw; the pair seemed practically made for each other.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:27:34 30/04/2020 by redwes
#2341 Posted: 00:40:45 01/05/2020
Latnok new exactly what Raclaw was getting at; and despite any compunctions he might've had, the situation did indeed call for coordination. "Sounds like a plan. Let's get to it." As he deflected an incoming spear, he swung with his own spear, cutting the opposing wyvern bad enough to subdue it. The duo would have a big enough opportunity to mount as the fight continued.
Granted, Raclaw would be a pretty obvious target in the sky, being strictly distinct from the other fliers in the battle. Latnok had faith in their combined abilities keeping them safe, however.

Ilasi prayed the spell she had in mind would work as she had seen. Using the water she had conjured, she turned it into a band which went around the opposing soldier's neck. Though she was able to exert some pressure; it wouldn't work as effectively as she had seen Latnok make it work; she lacked the force magic to squeeze much harder than her own strength allowed, causing the (albeit thin) armor to block the most lethal applications of the ability. Still, it was disorientating, and bought her some more time at that very moment.
Meanwhile, the wyvern Maverick shot thrashed around a few moments before succumbing to the hit it received. Naturally, the soldier would be at a distinct disadvantage until he managed to unsaddle himself. At the very least, the assault force led by Jacturis and Orion was making progress despite the oncoming defenders - the Ishulgites seemingly managing to pull members from anywhere in the world they had them. There was a limit to how far the two could practically push, however, as the site of the pillar would begin to drain their strength.
"THE MAGIC - MEANT TO CONTROL, SUBDUE DIVINE BEINGS," Jacturis cautioned. "UP TO MORTALS TO CLOSE AND FINISH THE JOB. WE WILL ASSIST AS BEST WE CAN."

The soldiers, in their hurry to make sense of what just happened, both managed to load up a crossbow bolt and shoot, only to have them impotently break on the barrier. The two looked at each other in complete disgust. "Is this some sort of a joke?!" one of them asked in exasperation. So they had an intelligent, dwarf troll, using magic and outwitting them while running around like a monkey. It was no matter; their brothers just had to hold out long enough for the god they had shackled to drain the life out of everything.

With Shade now a factor in the fight, Seraos decided that now would be the best time to lead the wyvern charge, with many of the enemy fliers likely to be distracted by the new threat. "Prepare the riders," he ordered. "Let's see if we can't come up with a strategy for the other far pillar."
"SEND US TO BATTLE," the behemoth demanded. "WE HUNGER FOR THEIR MEAT."
"Very well," Seraos said. "Join the charge with the group closest to us. Rally some riders before doing so." Behemoths were intelligent creatures; they would have no problem conveying orders from the king in order to get some passengers for the charge.
Seraos, in the meantime, had to think of how they would destroy the other pillar; unfortunately there were few Earthbreakers - the human mages responsible for earth shifting in regards to transportation, construction, and warfare - in the fight, as they didn't predict such a turn of events. But they would manage somehow...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2342 Posted: 01:00:31 01/05/2020 | Topic Creator
“Lead the way my king.” Shade said. His powers slowly flared up with the boost of Orion. A white aura was around him.

“We will have to stay back. Our ranged attacks will provide cover to the solders.” Orion said feeling the effects as well.
---
SC
#2343 Posted: 01:30:06 01/05/2020
Quote:
Latnok new exactly what Raclaw was getting at; and despite any compunctions he might've had, the situation did indeed call for coordination. "Sounds like a plan. Let's get to it." As he deflected an incoming spear, he swung with his own spear, cutting the opposing wyvern bad enough to subdue it. The duo would have a big enough opportunity to mount as the fight continued.
Granted, Raclaw would be a pretty obvious target in the sky, being strictly distinct from the other fliers in the battle. Latnok had faith in their combined abilities keeping them safe, however.

"Alright-- then get on.," Raclaw said with a nod further showing his approval of such a plan. Just as before-- he would allow Latnok to mount with no issue, using the collar to help himself secured. Raclaw's collar was fortunately both rigid enough and loose enough not to cause any choking that a not properly designed/adjusted collar might've otherwise caused. And as it was adjustable, such things could be adjusted down the line if it came to that. As the two prepared to mount, Risar would keep enemy at bay swinging his two mighty great axes that he was rather fond of; the sword provided by Orion remained an option if need be. Such would serve as a able-if-counteractery-to-his-usual-fighting-style back up in case something ever did happen to his usual weapons of choice.
---
#2344 Posted: 01:37:55 01/05/2020
With the wyvern succumbing to his wounds, Maverick went near Ilasi, intending to protect her back and shooting at the soldier mounting the dead wyvern, unwilling to let him get up and threaten to kill him or his dear girlfriend. The more he spent battling, the less hesitant he was in his attacks.
"So mi amor, how's it going back there?" he asked, managing to get only a small glimpse of her water spell. The armor was protecting them quite well, though it still frustrated him how he was unable to use magic, even though he was one of the few blessed by Orion. Maybe he should just try?

The soldiers, in their hurry to make sense of what just happened, both managed to load up a crossbow bolt and shoot, only to have them impotently break on the barrier. The two looked at each other in complete disgust. "Is this some sort of a joke?!" one of them asked in exasperation. So they had an intelligent, dwarf troll, using magic and outwitting them while running around like a monkey. It was no matter; their brothers just had to hold out long enough for the god they had shackled to drain the life out of everything.

Angora took the time to look behind her, seeing the Ishulgite pair seemingly arguing. She was chucking.
"It worked? It WORKED! HAH! I can't believe it worked!" she said excitedly as she keep running, more to herself, but also to Neo in case he was hearing. It was last minute thinking, but her crazy plan still worked. She spoke too soon though. She used the protection of her shield to keep going, but without keeping her hands steady, it soon vanished. It lasted longer than before even with her hands moving this time, but it was mostly thanks to Orion's extra power. Her energy was being drained, but she was too full of adrenaline to notice, and it was at a much slower pace than the plants. Barely noticeable, at least for now.

Fearing the men were going to chase her if they noticed her without the shield, she prepared to create it again when she heard one of the behemoth's booming voices. Impossible to forget such sound. Knowing she would have a better view and faster traveling from one of them, Angora headed to where the voice was.
"Hey! HEY! OVER HERE! I NEED A LIFT!" she called, getting up and almost forgetting she had a limp. Her swelling wasn't as bad as before, but it still hurt. Doubting the behemoth or any of his passengers could hear her from that altitude, she got closer, though not too much in case the imposing beast stepped on her. With her so close to a behemoth, she doubted the men were going to dare chase her now, but even if they did, they, being bigger and enemies, were bound to be more noticeable than her, and thus draw more attention. She flailed her arms, intending to have the beast notice her...
---
#2345 Posted: 03:40:46 01/05/2020
Though she had been in a few by now, Ilasi didn't adapt quite as quickly to the stress of the battle. "I'm... hanging in there," she said tiredly, as the wyvern and soldier attacking her were soon put down by Julian impaling them with wooden spikes. He soon knelt, however, and clutched the shoulder holding his wooden arm in pain. It would seem that the wood itself was starting to whither away...

As Latnok and Raclaw took to the skies, it would seem that they did not escape the notice of the avatar. It continued its mental assault on the attackers with special focus on Latnok at the moment.
"Ah, Latnok. A boy who had no purpose until he clung to the first one someone gave him. Now you fight for a world which has done nothing but use you. Tell us... is that what you REALLY want? Would you not fight for what YOU want, as opposed to what is wanted of you by a man who would have abandoned you with little compunction when you went missing? Think about it - does that fur dragon you call a friend actually care about you as a person, or are you just a means to an end since he cannot effectively support himself?"
Latnok couldn't pinpoint why... but the message was sinking in particularly strongly right now. As he neared the bound deity, the mental pressure it exerted grew from there. There was, indeed, a point. He never did see himself as a righteous defender of anything until he was told to do just that. His connection with Raclaw was, indeed, started by a need. He strongly felt the message in his mind, and in his heart.
But... things weren't that simple.
Latnok had an easier time responding to the source with his own telepathy than Angora did. "You think you can dissuade me here? Not a chance in hell. I'll tell you what I want - I'm fighting for it right now. I want a world where children are given the opportunity to make their own way in life. I was never really given a full chance due to the circumstances of my childhood - and I remember that day. The day I killed a man for the first time. He bore one of your insignias. You, ironically, have helped turn me into what I am today - a cruel, efficient killer. You, too, have robbed many children of that opportunity - you would sacrifice them as nothing more than pawns to meet some end scheme.
"I also want a world where we can live as friends with dragons. Even if we must fight them sometimes... there are times when we must fight other humans, or elves, or whatever other species threatens peace. In the world you seek to create, the only dragons you would allow are those who bend the knee - and that, in the end, is no better than the very situation that spurred the revolution that created Aelinon. I demand those two things - after what I have seen and experienced, I will settle for no less. We will break those chains you would use to bind the world, and work on making the world we should have. It will never be perfect - but the day we stop trying is the day our existence becomes meaningless."

The avatar faced Latnok for a brief moment after his message. "Bold words... if naive and foolish. You always were a practical one - look at how the Guardians and Orion have turned you into nothing more than a tool. If your mind has been so far tainted, and this is the cause you've decided to be worth dying for, then so be it. We will say a prayer for you, along with all the other lost souls."
"Damn right," Latnok responded confidently. "Except for one little detail. I won't be the one dying today."

Fortunately for Angora, the behemoth was very alert, and had strong enough senses to hear something, allowing him to locate her. "AH, SMALL TROLL ANGORA. GREGOR HAS TOLD US ABOUT YOU. MUCH BIGGER THAN YOUR PHYSICAL SIZE, HE SAYS. CLIMB OUR SKIN, AND LET US HEAD INTO A GLORIOUS BATTLE." He stopped in order to give Angora the opportunity to begin climbing.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2346 Posted: 04:12:26 01/05/2020
Angora raised an eyebrow, and soon gave a wide smile. Not only did the behemoth not confuse her for an enemy, but called her... by name. She must've made quite an impression in Gregor if he talked about her with his friends. It was something truly amazing how an enemy that would've killed her in the blink of an eye seemingly had this sort of admiration for her now. Life could be a funny thing, and this moment in particular filled her with much pride and joy. Too embarrassed to ask for an actual lift and not daring to use the rocket trick from earlier, Angora climbed the giant's skin right to his head, dragging her limping leg. Thankfully, her arms could support the rest of her body as easily as an orangutan could it's own, and that combined with her good leg, helped her reach her destination in little time. She felt so mighty being so high up. The view was magnificent... that is, if only there wasn't a war going on.
"Keep an eye for two Ishulgites right in that direction. They attacked me earlier." Angora said, putting herself in front of his eye so he could see where she was pointing at. She couldn't wait to see the look on their faces once they see her new friend. Let's see how tough they are now, she said in her mind...

Though she had been in a few by now, Ilasi didn't adapt quite as quickly to the stress of the battle. "I'm... hanging in there," she said tiredly, as the wyvern and soldier attacking her were soon put down by Julian impaling them with wooden spikes. He soon knelt, however, and clutched the shoulder holding his wooden arm in pain. It would seem that the wood itself was starting to whither away...

"No te preocupes mi amor. I got your back." Maverick assured, protecting his girlfriend's blind spots. He could see the flurry of wooden spikes courtesy of Julien, but saw what was happening to him once it stopped.
"Señor Julien! Are you alright?" Maverick asked, not leaving Ilasi's side but watching over him, ready to shoot whoever tried to attack him in his vulnerable state.

At the hidden cottage, Huntress saw from a close window how the woods were dying. They were a great source of nourishment for Redwater, and it pained her to see it dying away.
"Those... monsters!" she exclaimed, unable to find a better word. She wanted the Ishulgites to be stopped as quickly as possible, and be lucky enough to witness the behemoth crunch their miserable corpses until there was no evidence left of their existence.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:14:16 01/05/2020 by Felines
#2347 Posted: 04:24:39 01/05/2020 | Topic Creator
Orion used his tail to knock away some enemies that were trying to attack him.

Shade meanwhile blasted another away from the king. “I’ve got your back! Keep going!”
---
SC
#2348 Posted: 06:59:03 01/05/2020
The old Guardian hastily stood back up after being called by Maverick. "I can still fight," he insisted. Guardians typically had a very high pain tolerance; the fact that Julian was stopped by his own was testament to how severe it was. He continued pushing forward, but his wooden arm didn't seem to want to obey. Instead, he would continue fighting using an axe and magic with his good arm.
"Uh, sir, I don't think you should-" Ilasi continued, but Julian kept moving on. It seemed he had no intention of being deterred.
The rest of the forces were now within range of the pillar. Some Guardians were preparing force bolts in order to destroy it.

The behemoth gave a chuckle at the suggestion. "MORE FOOD FOR US IF THEY COME. NOW, WE MOVE INTO BATTLE," it announced, as it began to push forward along with the other troops that were rallied around its presence.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2349 Posted: 11:53:48 01/05/2020
Angora was a bit disappointed that the behemoth didn't go and search for the two that attacked her. While she believed being eaten alive was the worse kind of death that existed and wouldn't usually wish it upon anybody, she hated the Ishulgites enough to find such death acceptable for them. But this wasn't the time for revenge. She had to find Maverick. From that altitude, it was like standing on a mountain. She could see miles away. She looked at the fighting Guardians, who were engaged in battle against some Ishulgites riding wyverns. She could now understand why Julien didn't want Veris to come. The king's men also had wyverns, but being Sere's mount, he was likely going to be a bigger target if he had come, so it was better that he stayed, though she wondered how he was doing right now.

While Angora was busy trying to spot Maverick in the mess of fighting Guardians and loyalists, the hybrid was too busy fighting incoming wyverns to notice or even sense the behemoth so thundering steps getting closer. He stayed behind Ilasi, making sure none of them were taken by surprise. They must've looked like quite a battle couple right about now. But even during the intense fighting, the back of his mind wondered how his dear Angora was doing. The guilt of slapping her still wasn't gone. He still felt awful about it, but at least she was safe now. She was probably feeling bad right now for having to sit this one up, but Maverick didn't want to see her get hurt further.

At the cottage, Huntress was trying to find some food for the men and herself. Due to the plants dying, they could't go outside to search for fruits, and they had to leave the horned bear's heavy carcass behind, something that infuriated her. She didn't know if whatever was happening to the plants would happen to her if she tried to leave, but she was so desperate she was even willing to take the risk. The tension was so high Sand Dune could swear it was taking a physical form.
"Calm down miss, yes? We're not hungry. We have to wait a little while and wish for the best." Sand Dune begged, having to see a lady so distressed. But he and his friends were just as distressed as her, but for different reasons. Their friends were still out there, fighting, and poor Angora was out there too, injured and likely alone. They wanted to believe she was fine though. She was a strong troll, but if only she wasn't so stubborn.
---
#2350 Posted: 17:15:55 01/05/2020
With Shade creating the opening, Seraos seized the opportunity to order his wyverns to charge through the enemy flier formation. The resulting blitz during the chaos allowed them to cut down many of the Ishulgite wyvern fliers; while the ground forces continued to pour in from wherever the Ishulgites were able to pull supporters from, the wyverns, and the men capable of flying them, could not be pulled so easily. For now, the air superiority would give the loyalists the ability to better direct the flow of the battlefield.
Now they set their sights on one thing. The far pillar. It had to be destroyed.

Though it resisted for a time, the powerful magic the Ardent Guardians were able to bring to bear allowed them to destroy the pillar supporting the ethereal bond. With its destruction, Ishulgu thrashed about for a moment in defiance of the shackles, until seemingly being subdued once again.
Julian forced himself to keep pushing - but by now his wooden arm had shriveled up, falling away and leaving only the amputated stump. No matter; he only needed his good arm.

The behemoth pushed forward as the loyalists rallies around, moving their assault to one of the closer pillars. They knew that, with the other pillar destroyed, the Guardians, the rest of the loyalists, and Jacturis and Orion would soon be supporting them.
---
I'm just... a guy...
First | Previous | Page 47 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me