darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Music you listen to while playing? Or none?
Page 1 of 1
Music you listen to while playing? Or none?
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4182
#1 Posted: 16:08:35 01/02/2019 | Topic Creator
Do you shut all the music off while playing Reignited?

Or put on different music?

Thanks to the Xbox One being able to play Pandora or my music files through Groove, while playing I listen to them instead of the Spyro music.
---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3900
#2 Posted: 17:41:15 01/02/2019
I've usually let the RT soundtrack play just so that I can give it a try. If I ever replay the game, I might try going through it with the original soundtrack.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
BroGuy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1079
#3 Posted: 19:34:19 01/02/2019
For the most part: OG Soundtrack.

Occasionally for a few levels, Reignited.

And sometimes I'll turn the in-game music off to have Super Mario Odyssey moments
---
NoUb
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#4 Posted: 11:09:42 02/02/2019
Just the Reignited soundtrack.
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4260
#5 Posted: 18:48:35 03/02/2019
The first time I played I used the Reignited OST, next I'll go through with OG music, and in any subsequent playthroughs I'll just use whatever my preference is. Probably won't listen to any external music because I've loved the music for Spyro games forever.
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#6 Posted: 10:53:01 04/02/2019
When I first played through I kept the Reignited soundtrack on, but when it came to levels where I wasn't really feeling it, I changed it back to the Original soundtrack. Some of the Reiginited tracks have lost their beat, like Sunrise Spring for example.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#7 Posted: 17:07:33 04/02/2019
Ughhh I feel you on the Sunrise Spring track
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#8 Posted: 21:49:04 04/02/2019
Quote: ThunderEgg

Artisans', and Idol Springs are a couple of others where I felt that the music lost that beat feeling. What do you think? Just interested in your opinion.

The only track where the ambient theme works well with is Tree Tops, the original score was much more beaty, but Reignited has gone more soft and ambient, but I feel it works with this environment.

Some tracks they have nailed, whilst others feel they're lacking, probably where they're trying to be too ambient.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:50:49 04/02/2019 by SuperSpyroFan
#9 Posted: 22:01:22 04/02/2019
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

Artisans', and Idol Springs are a couple of others where I felt that the music lost that beat feeling. What do you think? Just interested in your opinion.

The only track where the ambient theme works well with is Tree Tops, the original score was much more beaty, but Reignited has gone more soft and ambient, but I feel it works with this environment.

Some tracks they have nailed, whilst others feel they're lacking, probably where they're trying to be too ambient.

Well, I'll preface this with the reminder that change is scary and I don't like being scared.

Overall, I'm more fond of the original soundtrack. I think someone here or elsewhere on the forum mentioned that the original Spyro soundtrack has more "punch" to it, and I agree (And I'll tell you, I liked the 'punch'). I feel like having dynamic music was cool, but unnecessary. I gave it a chance for my first play though before deciding this for myself. When the music spaces out if you don't move, I was brought out of the experience because noticing the music phase out distracted me from what I was doing. Plus, I don't really like it because it makes it harder to listen to the Spyro soundtrack while not playing the game (Like as background music on Youtube for studying). The RT OST is incomplete when its not being played in a dynamic way, while the original soundtrack is not so.

I don't remember much of my impressions for specific songs, but I can tell you for sure that the RT version Sunrise Spring sounded completely different from the original, which bothered me. If the rest of the music had been intentionally divergent in this way, I'd be fine with the change, but the point of most of RT was to remaster -- not reinterpret. It's "Spyro Reignited" not "Spyro Reinterpreted". This is why many of the artistic liberty things in RT bothered me. TFB's advertisements focused on the fact that they were bringing Spyro back, not reinventing him.

EDIT: 6 Feb 2019

I wrote this in a rush, so I'm afraid I come off a bit harsh and scattered. I'm cool with those who disagree with my opinion! If anything, I'd like to see other's ideas about these things as well. From what I understand, many of my feelings about RT are in the minority, although I personally enjoyed the game. This addendum is just to reassure I'm not trying to be judgmental of those with alternate ideas on the subject. smilie

Continue to enjoy Spyro, my friends! smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:28:32 06/02/2019 by ThunderEgg
BroGuy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1079
#10 Posted: 18:40:40 06/02/2019
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

Well, I'll preface this with the reminder that change is scary and I don't like being scared.

Overall, I'm more fond of the original soundtrack. I think someone here or elsewhere on the forum mentioned that the original Spyro soundtrack has more "punch" to it, and I agree (And I'll tell you, I liked the 'punch'). I feel like having dynamic music was cool, but unnecessary. I gave it a chance for my first play though before deciding this for myself. When the music spaces out if you don't move, I was brought out of the experience because noticing the music phase out distracted me from what I was doing. Plus, I don't really like it because it makes it harder to listen to the Spyro soundtrack while not playing the game (Like as background music on Youtube for studying). The RT OST is incomplete when its not being played in a dynamic way, while the original soundtrack is not so.

I don't remember much of my impressions for specific songs, but I can tell you for sure that the RT version Sunrise Spring sounded completely different from the original, which bothered me. If the rest of the music had been intentionally divergent in this way, I'd be fine with the change, but the point of most of RT was to remaster -- not reinterpret. It's "Spyro Reignited" not "Spyro Reinterpreted". This is why many of the artistic liberty things in RT bothered me. TFB's advertisements focused on the fact that they were bringing Spyro back, not reinventing him.

EDIT: 6 Feb 2019
I wrote this in a rush, so I'm afraid I come off a bit harsh and scattered. I'm cool with those who disagree with my opinion! If anything, I'd like to see other's ideas about these things as well. From what I understand, many of my feelings about RT are in the minority, although I personally enjoyed the game. This addendum is just to reassure I'm not trying to be judgmental of those with alternate ideas on the subject. smilie

Continue to enjoy Spyro, my friends! smilie

Nah dude, you're good. You've said what I've been afraid to say
---
NoUb
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:42:42 06/02/2019 by BroGuy
#11 Posted: 18:54:38 06/02/2019
bless

i couldnt stop thinking about how harsh i sounded so thanks for that
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me