darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Watching A New Generation Discover Spyro!!
Page 1 of 1
Watching A New Generation Discover Spyro!!
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#1 Posted: 07:44:48 24/12/2018 | Topic Creator
So I grew up with the original Spyro trilogy. They were a huge huge part of my childhood, so of course I was super excited about Reignited and got it immediately despite the fact that my Xbox stays at my parents’ house and I only visit every few weeks. My sister, who’s twelve, really didn’t grow up with Spyro at all; she’s a lot younger than me and my PS1 stopped working awhile back. She’s never really cared much about video games in general but my excitement for Spyro rubbed off on her I guess and she wanted to play it too!

It’s been really, really cool to see someone so much younger than me getting excited about Spyro for the first time via Reignited. I’ve had tons of fun playing it but a part of me is sometimes blinded by nostalgia and I get disappointed by little things not being how I would’ve preferred and stuff, but my sister doesn’t have any of that and she’s constantly excited to point out fun little things in the game that she loves that I vividly remember loving as a kid too. She’ll straight up call me into the room to show me funny things like the guys that hide in the tent and moon you in the Peace Keepers world, or the way the cactuses shake off your flame, and she’s talked about how much she loves all the little fun things they include. Her FAVORITE level so far was the Beast Makers homeworld, which was interesting because I’ve seen a lot of fans complain about its redesign (including me a little lol) but she said it’s specifically her favorite because of how cool it looks (and she loves the chicken fodder, she has pet chickens lol).

It’s super cool to see someone more “target audience” playing through the game and hearing their thoughts on it as a new player. For younger kids it really sounds like they’re experiencing all the cool fun things that make the Spyro series magical but with updated graphics that are a little more accessible for modern kids. I did wonder how the game felt to kids who’d never played the original and weren’t fueled by nostalgia, and it’s so cool to hear her noticing the little details that make Spyro special all on her own!

Anyone else know family or other kids playing Reignited and discovering Spyro through it? So many adults are playing it out of love for the original (which is fantastic of course), and that’s primarily who I’ve talked about it to, but I know for sure now that it has appeal for kids too. ^w^
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#2 Posted: 19:49:39 24/12/2018
I for one loved the Beast makers revamp. Most people seem to think it's not gloomy or dark enough, but I can tell the Creator's put a lot of work into it. The other worlds book pretty much the same with better graphics, but the Beast makers world looks completely different, and in my opinion looks a lot better than the more void like original.
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#3 Posted: 21:27:26 24/12/2018
Quote: MugoUrth
I for one loved the Beast makers revamp. Most people seem to think it's not gloomy or dark enough, but I can tell the Creator's put a lot of work into it. The other worlds book pretty much the same with better graphics, but the Beast makers world looks completely different, and in my opinion looks a lot better than the more void like original.

Same here. Beast Maker is my favorite world in Spyro 1 Reignited because of its wonderful design now.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#4 Posted: 22:59:35 25/12/2018 | Topic Creator
In one of the threads (maybe the spoiler version of the general topic? I don’t remember haha) there was some critiquing and complaining about it, and I personally can see why cuz I did love the darker more desolate vibe I got in the original and I think the Reignited version pretties it up a LOT so if you were attached to the original then... well, too bad I guess lol, but I still think it looks really nice and I’m glad y’all like how it looks so much!
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me