Page 1 of 1
They ruined the Super Flame
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#1 Posted: 20:20:05 17/11/2018 | Topic Creator
Yep, I don't like how they changed that (you keep this powerup in Spyro 2 so it's a big factor of replaying levels for me), it's just a small ball now, it was a freaking Kamehameha in the original and had more impact on the enemies and surrounding
[User Posted Image]
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:20:24 17/11/2018 by Buuzer
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#2 Posted: 11:40:34 18/11/2018
it looked the exact same to me
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#3 Posted: 18:10:53 18/11/2018
Yeah, they also didn't give it the big blast sound effect, it just makes a regular flame noise now.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#4 Posted: 12:33:07 19/11/2018
It was always a fireball, they just significantly reduced the tail streak it had. It never was a KameHameHa, which is a beam.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Lava Fella Red Sparx Gems: 53
#5 Posted: 07:01:47 20/11/2018
Honestly, I don’t mind the lessened boom, it’s much less jarring. Besides, it still feels powerful! Knocks enemies and fodder all over then place, and the glowing orange stripes look gorgeous and brilliant. MUCH cooler than the weird red-to-green hue fluctuation.
---
*fwooooot!*
Mouse Red Sparx Gems: 68
#6 Posted: 17:49:51 23/11/2018
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
It was always a fireball, they just significantly reduced the tail streak it had. It never was a KameHameHa, which is a beam.

Hahaha I have to agree with the OP. The tail streak did look like a beam in the og tbh
---
This swamp smells so sweet
The springtime trees are fragrant
I'm off to kick butt
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#7 Posted: 23:30:20 23/11/2018
Yeah, I don't mind the changes either, Spyro's new appearance with it more than makes up for it.
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#8 Posted: 23:53:27 23/11/2018
I would have preferred if it made a loud booming noise both when breathing and when it hit something, but other than that I’m more than fine with the new look.
As others have said, Spyro himself adds the cool factor where the fireball lacks it.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Dazzy Gold Sparx Gems: 2476
#9 Posted: 21:06:54 03/12/2018
I love the Super Flame, it look's fine to me, and Spyro look's so badass with his new look using the power up.
---
Spyro The Dragon Rules
#10 Posted: 22:14:08 07/04/2019
While most of what is listed above is simply true, even though debatable in terms of being better or worse than the original (different for sure), I have to disagree with the last point.

Assuming the “wilfdire”’ skin you are referring to is the one Spyro obtains when kissed by specifc fairies in the first game, which allows him to kill big armored enemies by breathing fire, then it’s completely different from his Superflame look in the second and third titles.
In fact, each powerup which originally changed Spyro’s color now grants him a unique appearance both in terms of color and motif, as you can see here:

[User Posted Image]

I don’t see neither lazyness nor superficiality in that approach, especially when considering that three out of those powers appear once or twice at most in the entire trilogy.

Aside for the lack of a booming sound effect both when breathing and when the fireball impacts with something, the thing I’m disappointed the most about Superflame is its underwater counterpart: I really miss the energy-like star spit in a swirly motion.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:17:56 07/04/2019 by Drek95
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#11 Posted: 10:14:23 08/04/2019
I prefer the original powerup colours, but looking at the pictures Drek95 posted I kinda have to admit they look awesome, and the artists definitely put work into keeping the idea consistent. I think were these looks introduced in an original Spyro game (Spyro and Johnbonne 8: Robotica Erotica in New Metropica, make it happen) rather than taking an already established 'look', they may have been better received. I couldn't comment on the sound design; between the Elgato/my monitor being awkward with sound and simply being stubborn with opinions, I doubt I'd prefer the new ones. I'll have to come back to this when I've given it more thought, but generally my opinion is "eeeeeeeh".

That acid breath looks mint though.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:15:00 08/04/2019 by Johnbonne
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#12 Posted: 15:46:01 08/04/2019
How come we only see the Super charge skin in the boss fight of Ripto? I feel like we should see that skin when Spyro goes through the Super charge in a regular level as well, right?
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#13 Posted: 17:07:33 08/04/2019
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
How come we only see the Super charge skin in the boss fight of Ripto? I feel like we should see that skin when Spyro goes through the Super charge in a regular level as well, right?

I think there might be two reasons behind that decision:

The first, and less valid one, is that Spyro didn’t change his appearance in the original games either when supercharging, so they probably thought it would have been better received if it stayed that way.
I say it’s a rather weak motivation because we’ve seen a lot of reinterpretations throught the whole remake, so I doubt they would have been afraid of changing that as well.

The second reason however is a more “lore-based” one: the supercharge-like power Spyro uses against Ripto comes from the special orbs he collects during the fight, so it’s more similar to the Superflame or Ice Breath powerups in terms of function and effects, all of which change his look.
They could have used those colors for when he uses the Supercharge Gates in the second game, thought, since they act the same as all the other powerups.

Maybe it’s simply because the orbs fully power Spyro up for a short amount of time, instead of just bestowing that specific ability on him or needing him to use specific magical speedways.

As always, a long and convoluted post which can be summed up as: because they are most likely two different “enchantments”, despite having the same result. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#14 Posted: 23:15:53 08/04/2019
Yeah, I agree.
They probably thought it might have been excessive to have it on each time you supercharged for whatever reason, especially since the skin apparently comes with particles and the supercharging effect is already quite distracting as it is.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
X-heketchis Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#15 Posted: 12:11:51 25/04/2019
I just miss the noise it made when fired and hitting something.

It was more like firing a cannon than using flames.
---
Never Leaving, Always Watching.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:59:30 01/05/2019 by X-heketchis
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#16 Posted: 18:22:55 25/04/2019
Yeah, that was one satisfying "boom".
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me