darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (SPOILER VERSION)
First | Previous | Page 5 of 5
1 2 3 4 5
Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (SPOILER VERSION) [STICKY]
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#201 Posted: 00:24:45 20/12/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Archae
About 20 years ago, there was a game disc called "Game Shark."

Is there going to be one like it?

Nah, GameShark and Action Replay went under years ago. You're going to have to mod the game on PC when it comes any cheating/hacking type things.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10163
#202 Posted: 20:28:02 26/12/2018
Spyro 1 of the Reignited Trilogy platinum trophy and full completion. Maybe I am too accustomed to the PS1 controls but I honestly think that only thing which is better in Reignited than it was in original is the modern look. Although I think that unique dragons did not add any value at all. But gameplay wise this was way too hectic and not that smooth compared to the original. Great game of course but in the future I will choose the PS1 version over this.

P.S.
Some skill points and trophies were kind of pointless and did not have any logical challenge behind them.

Spyro 2 opinions will come later into this same topic.

Original 1 - Reignited 0

P.S.S.

Flight controls are terrible! They are absolutely botched and way too sensitive.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:57:31 27/12/2018 by Project_Unnamed
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#203 Posted: 11:47:00 27/12/2018
Quote: Project_Unnamed
Spyro 1 of the Reignited Trilogy platinum trophy and full completion. Maybe I am too accustomed to the PS1 controls but I honestly think that only thing which is better in Reignited than it was in original is the modern look. Although I think that unique dragons did not add any value at all. But gameplay wise this was way too hectic and not that smooth compared to the original. Great game of course but in the future I will choose the PS1 version over this.

P.S.
Some skill points and trophies were kind of pointless and did not have any logical challenge behind them.

Spyro 2 opinions will come later into this same topic.

Original 1 - Reignited 0

P.S.S.

Flight controls are terrible! They are absolutely botched and way too sensitive.

I find that with the flight controls that he's easier to control with the D-pad, he doesn't turn as sharp as he used to. I personally think that both PS1 and PS4 versions are just as good as eachother, they both have their problems. The PS1 Spyro 1's controls don't really hold up today, he sort of slides around, especially when charging.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:47:53 27/12/2018 by SuperSpyroFan
#204 Posted: 17:28:53 29/12/2018
Spyro 2 was okay but it really had poor flight controls. For some reason I found the passive camera to be helpful in the speedway levels. The execution of Hunter and Moneybags were not that good. They just didn't seem to have the same personality as in the original.

Spyro 2 also was way too easy in many areas. Especially feeding the fish to the idol was ridiculously easy compared to the original. Flaming fish was faster and rarely any red fish jumped in sight. The hardest parts of the game were Ocean Speedway skill point and Gulp. What kind of steroids did Ripto feed Gulp? He was way more aggressive.
---
#205 Posted: 18:13:57 29/12/2018
Visually speaking I had no problems with them. But their characters lacked the features that made them stand out. Especially Moneybags wasn't nearly obnoxious and pompous enough for my liking.
---
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#206 Posted: 21:48:10 29/12/2018
Honestly, Moneybags is one of the things that makes me question whether there was actually less heart put into the third game. I noticed that his animations in the third game are a lot more diverse and appropriate then the 2nd game.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#207 Posted: 02:37:01 30/12/2018
Quote: MugoUrth
Honestly, Moneybags is one of the things that makes me question whether there was actually less heart put into the third game. I noticed that his animations in the third game are a lot more diverse and appropriate then the 2nd game.

I’ll have to pay more attention to that when I play the trilogy a second time, since I only noticed that at the beginning of the third game, but indeed he has unique and appropriate animations for each dialogue (except for the very last one where you have to torch him to get all the gems back).

Would be weird if they only did that for Year of the Dragon.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3900
#208 Posted: 12:43:45 31/12/2018
Quote: Project_Unnamed
The execution of Hunter and Moneybags were not that good. They just didn't seem to have the same personality as in the original.

Going back to the animations idea, I agree that they got a ton more animations in RT, which was helpful in their characterization. I, however, am not a fan of Hunter's new voice actor. He's not bad! I just don't get the same goofy vibe from him that I got from Gregg Burger. To me, Hunter is more goofy than he is dumb, but I feel in RT, his dumbness is tuned WAY up.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#209 Posted: 13:44:57 01/01/2019
Am I the only one who actually did a calculated gliding and hoverin instead of sliding in Haunted Tomb's Cobra slide? It was way easier to glide than slide. Very poor design, indeed.
---
Dazzy Gold Sparx Gems: 2476
#210 Posted: 11:30:21 19/01/2019
My playthrough of all 3 games was eventful lol.

---
Spyro The Dragon Rules
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#211 Posted: 22:53:04 14/06/2019
Not sure whether this belonged here or somewhere else in the forums, but I noticed something curious with Halvor’s garments and weapon:

[User Posted Image]

Black armor and accessories, golden belt, wields a huge hammer...

Yup.
He’s definitely a Smasher Sensei. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:56:35 14/06/2019 by Drek95
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#212 Posted: 23:16:23 14/06/2019
Quote: Sesshomaru75
He'a also my dad, tbh.

Halvor is one of my favorites too, tbh. Such a ****ing good design.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#213 Posted: 17:16:06 15/06/2019
Quote: Drek95
Not sure whether this belonged here or somewhere else in the forums, but I noticed something curious with Halvor’s garments and weapon:

[User Posted Image]

Black armor and accessories, golden belt, wields a huge hammer...

Yup.
He’s definitely a Smasher Sensei. smilie

Magic Smasher Sensei confirmed
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#214 Posted: 16:43:56 16/06/2019
There's one dragon that I can think of in the Reignited trilogy, where I like both the PS1 and Reignited designs, and voice acting, and that is Bubba. Both cutscenes are enjoyable to me, and they're both portrayed in different ways.

Like, the one in the cave in Misty Bog with all the "Attack frogs" and armoured Gnorcs, in the original, the way Spyro says "Oh no" sounds sarcastic, but in Reignited, he sounds like he genuinely cares, but then it doesn't make sense afterwards when he says "Gotta go!" So it's like he cares, but he doesn't? lol
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
First | Previous | Page 5 of 5
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me