darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Why Motleyville is better than every other level in this game
Page 1 of 1
Why Motleyville is better than every other level in this game
exefile Yellow Sparx Gems: 1783
#1 Posted: 12:20:59 07/09/2018 | Topic Creator
I personally think that most of the levels in this game are bland and drag on without being interesting... most
After replaying every level multiple times for 100%, I've found that Motleyville has been the only level I've fully enjoyed every time I've played it.

STORY
This cut scene deviated from the usual Flynn and Tessa banter and starts with a mysterious feeling, Who is this guy? Why is it so quiet?
Just as Tessa says "I don't like this", a greeble comes out nowhere and evilizes Whiskers, the stakes are high as this is the first companion that has been evilized. The boss seems to be repetitive at first but halfway through the fight Whiskers flies out of the arena and the level starts.

GRINDING
Grinding was first used in the opening level and makes it's second appearance in this level, the grinding is fast and frantic and they are easily the hardest grinding sections in the game, also the only engaging ones.

VARIETY
The levels in this game use random floating platforms that you have to slowly wait for as a form of challenge, but Motleyville has NO floating circular platforms (outside of elemental gates), the platforms are over goo which adds punishment for missing jumps (even if it is minimal) that falling in a pit does not. The platforms later on return over swirling pits of goo, adding more challenge to a previously explored obstacle, you can even fall in the middle to find a shortcut for another area.

NPC
This one is very minor but one of the NPC's (Gibbs) isn't ignorant like all the other NPC's, when you blow up the wall that blocks off his area he says "What are you doing blowing up my place?!" He isn't just brushing that kind of damage behind because "OOOHH IT'S A SKYLANDER!!!!!!" If you enter his workshop when you leave he says "Are you sure you didn't break anything?" Just another touch that made this level more enjoyable.

WHISKERS FIGHT PART 2
You finally catch up to Whiskers and find that he has the same amount of health as he did last time and since you went through lot's of the level beforehand the fight doesn't feel repetitive (even if it technically is) but it's much better than doing one boss fight that doesn't change all at once (sheep mage and cluck).

THERE'S MORE??
The level isn't over yet which would usually make me feel more bored than excited, but in this case the level was so much more enjoyable than the other ones that I was relieved it wasn't over. The second half is even better! More intense fights, better platforming sections and the REAL boss of this level, the all around power schnitzel himself, Baron Von Shellshock! That's not all though, one more section, the biggest reason I enjoyed this level coupled with the better design.

MUSIC
I know music is entirely subjective, so take this as my opinion more so than fact.
The music in this level is the best in the game, it's such a contrast to the rest of the soundtrack which was kinda generic. The ambient music when walking around, the music that plays when the sand golem is introduced, the fight with Shellshock and the grinding music are the only songs in this game I listen to when I'm not playing the game. There was no way this is the same composer as the rest of the game, it's SO much better than the rest of the game's music, I even doubt that whoever made this level made any other ones, because if every level was at the quality of this one, I would have enjoyed this game a LOT more!
---
eeeeeeeeeeeee
exefile Yellow Sparx Gems: 1783
#2 Posted: 06:13:28 18/09/2018 | Topic Creator
^I agree that Shellshock working for Kaos ruins his character, I would have much rather "I'm going to kill you just because you are invading my property" instead of "I'm evil and that means I work for Kaos HE'S THE MAIN VILLAIN NOT ME HE HAS FRIENDS HE'S A GREAT VILLAIN HE'S NOT FORGETTABLE!!!'
Also, while I enjoy the music in Motelyville more than the Golden Desert, GD stood out more and I liked that music before Mvilles. I was also referring more to the battle music against the Sand Golem and Shellshock as well as the grinding music more than the ambient music which I think is just good.

You bring up lot's of good points. I would thumbs up but there is no emote for that so I give you smilie/5
---
eeeeeeeeeeeee
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me