darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Will the Rolling Ability be in Ripto's Rage! and Year of the Dragon?
Page 1 of 1
Will the Rolling Ability be in Ripto's Rage! and Year of the Dragon?
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8542
#1 Posted: 00:24:55 08/05/2018 | Topic Creator
Now that we know that rolling will be in at least Spyro 1, do you think they'll put in the roll in Ripto's Rage! and Year of the Dragon? With the L1 and R1 buttons freed up due to the updated camera controls, it's a possibility. Would love to hear your thoughts!
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:26:03 08/05/2018 by JCW555
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#2 Posted: 01:11:08 08/05/2018
I probably never used that ability for actual gameplay purposes, but it would be cool if they kept it for all three games and actually made it useful.
Perhaps they could make certain enemies’ attacks faster and harder to dodge without using it, I could see it working particularly well with boss battles.

I wonder if they’ll keep the traditional camera controls as an option, V.V. really couldn’t do much in those regards with the N. Sane Trilogy due to Crash’s fixed camera.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4289
#3 Posted: 02:56:03 08/05/2018
I don't think they would keep it, but I kind of hope that they do. I could see it being applicable in a few fights (Crush, Ripto, Spike, The Sorceress), plus it's just fun to roll around for no reason.
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#4 Posted: 02:58:13 08/05/2018
I'd like them to keep it, it adds consistency and a bit more strategy.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#5 Posted: 03:44:29 08/05/2018
Ultimately, I think it'll depend on if they keep the Sparx Gem Pointing ability to the four shoulder buttons, as one will notice, trying to hold all those buttons in Spyro 1 just causes the camera to wig out as Spyro rolls away sideways into the sunset.

If they move the Gem Finder ability to a different button, or program it so that the roll will cancel out if the Gem Finder is being used, then I could see them letting it hang around for the other two games. It's not like the ability would break the game any.
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#6 Posted: 08:39:46 08/05/2018
I'd like them to keep the roll ability in 2 and 3, only because, in my opinion, I'd find more use for it in those games compared to Spyro 1, especially in terms of the boss battles. You could use it in Skelos Badlands for example, when the dragons spit flames at you.

Also, I wonder if we will be able to roll underwater? Would be a nice touch.

Maybe we could have the gem finder just by holding down L2 and R2, and then have the roll for L1 and R1?
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#7 Posted: 16:52:50 25/05/2018
Considering that the roll wasnt needed for RR/YotD and therefore it was coded out, then I dont think they'll keep it across all three of the games.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#8 Posted: 19:27:33 25/05/2018
Quote: parisruelz12
Considering that the roll wasnt needed for RR/YotD and therefore it was coded out, then I dont think they'll keep it across all three of the games.

Surely they would want to keep things consistent throughout the trilogy, right?
---
#9 Posted: 20:15:41 25/05/2018
They did add them in Cortex Strikes Back after you finish the game though, even if just to make time challenges harder.

I do agree on saying that it’s a rather forgettable feature and I’v never felt like it would have been useful in any particular situation but maybe that’s the reason why I still struggle with certain enemies.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:16:11 25/05/2018 by Drek95
BTDiamonds Blue Sparx Gems: 773
#10 Posted: 11:30:53 26/05/2018
I personally have never used the rolling ability for anything other than a bit of fun back in the day, but I still feel like they may add it across all three games, if only for the sake of consistency.
---
Stuff and things. smilie
#11 Posted: 13:14:52 26/05/2018
I would find it to be more useful in Spyro 2 & 3 personally. Mainly because of the nature of the boss fights, where you can dodge projectiles, even from standard enemies, I think it would add to the gameplay more than anything. And if the developer wants fans to use it more, then they should describe the move in a tutorial of some kind. It's really weird how Insomniac kept that move in the original Spyro game but not one dragon mentioned about it. It's like they forgot the move existed.
---
#12 Posted: 13:23:53 26/05/2018
I think it very well could be in all three games, as SSF said above. It likely has a better place in the later games.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#13 Posted: 13:39:42 26/05/2018
I strongly doubt it. I would much rather the shoulder buttons be used for having Sparx point to the nearest gem, a far more useful ability from those two games than the Roll ever was or ever will be. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10195
#14 Posted: 23:18:45 26/05/2018
Will they remove the djump glitch from GWtG in re-release?
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
#15 Posted: 09:11:57 27/05/2018
Yep, they will remove the double jump glitch because when Spyro 3 was in developmental Insomniac removed it. They aren't going to want to repeat the same mistake.
---
#16 Posted: 09:52:52 27/05/2018
If anything, since the games are remade from scratch, there is no way the glitch would be there unintentionally.

I think they might add it as a very special bonus after 100%+ completing all three games, since there wouldn’t be levels to break anymore, but I also kinda doubt it.
From what we were able to see they changed certain “floating” levels by surrounding them with more environment, and that would probably mean extra work to make all those polygons solid as well.

It wouldn’t be an oversight this time, but a feature.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#17 Posted: 11:55:25 27/05/2018
Quote: Drek95
If anything, since the games are remade from scratch, there is no way the glitch would be there unintentionally.

I think they might add it as a very special bonus after 100%+ completing all three games, since there wouldn’t be levels to break anymore, but I also kinda doubt it.
From what we were able to see they changed certain “floating” levels by surrounding them with more environment, and that would probably mean extra work to make all those polygons solid as well.

It wouldn’t be an oversight this time, but a feature.

They wouldn't have the double jump as an added feature since it would break the game, a few months back I was watching an Insomniac Games live stream, and someone asked the question about the double jump and they said that if they found out about it sooner, they would have removed it and Sony wouldn't have shipped the game if they would have known about the glitch.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:56:07 27/05/2018 by SuperSpyroFan
#18 Posted: 14:55:52 27/05/2018
Perhaps extending the permanent super flame bonus to be a 100% completion bonus for all three games would be more feasible?

Actually, that does raise an interesting point. For Spyro 1, do you think they'll change the super flame he gets from the fairies to be the powerful fireball that it became in Spyro 2 & 3?
---
#19 Posted: 02:41:19 20/06/2018
We got our answer!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Spyro...ll_three_games/
---
#20 Posted: 09:37:16 20/06/2018
Cool!
I wonder if they’ll keep his hovering ability in the first game, at this point, since they kept his paddling animation for when you touch the water in a Speedway.

Both abilities aren’t teached by Moneybags, so I guess it’s a possibility.
Still convinced we won’t be able to paddle outside of a Speedway, especially by seeing how thick the water we’ve seen so far looks compared to the transparent one in Sunny Flight.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#21 Posted: 22:43:00 20/06/2018
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

But will rolling in different terrain cover Spyro in grass/mud/water/etc. like Mario Odyssey? If not, 0/10 worst remake ever.
---
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#22 Posted: 12:56:40 19/07/2018
I really really hope that they put the hover in 1. So much frustration during times that required EXACT precision.
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me