First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
What are you hoping for?
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#51 Posted: 20:29:27 09/04/2018
Also, speaking of that spoiler, you know something that probably isn't happening but I wish it did?

At random chance, or maybe if the console identifies any Skylanders save file, Master Eon spawns somewhere in Summer Forest. Once you try to talk to him, he notices that he's talking to the wrong Spyro, but he'll stick around until you leave and can be talked to again or interacted with for several references. He's voiced by Chris Diamantopoulos, of course. Daniel Hagen doesn't even hold a candle to the Academy performance.

For context on those who don't know much about Skylanders, Master Eon recruited Skyro in Summer Forest, though the rest of that Spyro's backstory remains unknown. Portal Masters can also travel through time, meaning that there's a perfect chance for Eon to drop in the wrong storyline. There, you don't need to show Skyro and create salt, but it's a fun easter egg that most Skylanders fans would enjoy.

edit: nvm about that clip. I thought there'd be one of his better episodes but they're all in horrible quality.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:36:06 09/04/2018 by Bifrost
#52 Posted: 20:37:18 09/04/2018
It doesn't have to be, Portal Masters can bend reality. Considering how even random wizards brought in various varieties of extradimensional aliens in the series, it'd fit in with the lore nicely. And if it only identifies Skylanders save files, he'll never appear to most Spyro players.

He's also probably an easy character to move around, since his bottom half is just cloth physics. Doubt that bringing his Academy model to Unreal would work perfectly, but hey, here's one to my wishlist.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:38:39 09/04/2018 by Bifrost
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#53 Posted: 20:37:42 09/04/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: Nroc-Nuika
And as many possible references to TLoS and Skylanders at the most inappropriate times, just to piss off elitists

While I don't like Spyro elitists either (Especially their "EVERYTHING AFTER THE PS1 TRILOGY IS TRASH, TLOS AND SKYLANDERS SUCKS!!!" mentality), this isn't really any better or any less immature.

You're being salty towards people for being salty, which isn't much better, imo. As a mod, you should know better. :/

Yeah, honestly? While it can be fun to piss people off, it's not exactly in their best interest to be doing that for the remasters, especially when there's such a large audience. And really, it's just being bitter at this point. There's already so much bitterness about the remasters not looking exactly the same as the original PS1 games ... we don't need anymore ...

That being said, I wouldn't mind a few references or cameos from the other series. I think it's ignorant not to acknowledge the history of the franchise, and it would be nice to see a couple of nods to the other series.
But certainly not to the extent of what Nroc-Nuika is suggesting.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#54 Posted: 20:37:50 09/04/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
While I don't like Spyro elitists either (Especially their "EVERYTHING AFTER THE PS1 TRILOGY IS TRASH, TLOS AND SKYLANDERS SUCKS!!!" mentality), this isn't really any better or any less immature.

You're being salty towards people for being salty, which isn't much better, imo. As a mod, you should know better. :/

Ahem.
It's a joke.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#55 Posted: 20:38:14 09/04/2018
This would be great, like a punch in the face of the Spyro elitists smilie
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
#56 Posted: 20:40:25 09/04/2018
Quote: Bifrost
Also, speaking of that spoiler, you know something that probably isn't happening but I wish it did?

At random chance, or maybe if the console identifies any Skylanders save file, Master Eon spawns somewhere in Summer Forest. Once you try to talk to him, he notices that he's talking to the wrong Spyro, but he'll stick around until you leave and can be talked to again or interacted with for several references. He's voiced by Chris Diamantopoulos, of course. Daniel Hagen doesn't even hold a candle to the Academy performance.

For context on those who don't know much about Skylanders, Master Eon recruited Skyro in Summer Forest, though the rest of that Spyro's backstory remains unknown. Portal Masters can also travel through time, meaning that there's a perfect chance for Eon to drop in the wrong storyline. There, you don't need to show Skyro and create salt, but it's a fun easter egg that most Skylanders fans would enjoy.

edit: nvm about that clip. I thought there'd be one of his better episodes but they're all in horrible quality.

WTF, I don't even know much about Skylanders but THIS SHOULD HAPPEN.
I love fourth wall breaks like this!
---
I draw stuff.
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8542
#57 Posted: 20:41:32 09/04/2018
I'll repeat what I've said, the fact that Toys For Bob has stated that Classic Spyro and Skylanders Spyro are separate characters and universes, and that they want to stay close to the originals as possible, renders all of this moot really.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:42:06 09/04/2018 by JCW555
#58 Posted: 20:45:31 09/04/2018
They said the games are separate, they never said 100% everything will be separate forever. How many people would even know it's Eon and not a Shepherd with a strange pose, at least until the dozens of easter egg videos came out? He's also a character that doesn't really follow the Skylanders style (has a neck and defined shoulders, taller than 3 heads, doesn't have weird proportions or strange eye design), so blending in is possible.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:45:50 09/04/2018 by Bifrost
#59 Posted: 20:48:05 09/04/2018
Well at least I can count on you, Sesshomaru, to act as my comedic foil.

I mean, there's a reason why I put it in spoilers in the first place, when it's not actually a spoiler.
---
#60 Posted: 20:48:20 09/04/2018
It's a topic called what are you hoping for. Who's reaching? I sometimes feel like I should lie about my opinions when this kind of argument starts here.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:48:53 09/04/2018 by Bifrost
#61 Posted: 20:49:44 09/04/2018
Any mention of non classic Spyro seems to be reaching for some people, considering how quick they are to shut it down.
---
#62 Posted: 20:57:03 09/04/2018
Alright then, so a Machinists World also obviously won't happen, Spring World won't happen, an ETD remake obviously won't happen, Cynder won't happen. Wow, suddenly half the posts in this thread disappeared.
It gets REALLY hard to make discussions with this kind of response. I'll just take it elsewhere where I can actually have fun speculating crazy ideas even if there's nearly no chance of it ever being a thing.
---
#63 Posted: 21:01:50 09/04/2018
Careful, wherever you go, if you mention Skylanders and Classic Spyro in the same sentence, Sess will appear to argue why that's wrong and you're wrong for suggesting it.
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#64 Posted: 21:12:01 09/04/2018
You’re a mod.

Act like it.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#65 Posted: 21:21:59 09/04/2018
I'm fine with nods to LoS and Skylanders so long as they can be included tastefully without drastically changing things from the original games. It'd be cool to see references to where Spyro has been and how far he's come, considering that this release acts as a nostalgic retrospective.

If you legitimately get enraged at the prospect of even the tiniest references to other iterations of the character you need to get some perspective on your life and focus on more important things.

And if you're a moderator you shouldn't belittle a user when they don't find your joke funny.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#66 Posted: 21:29:46 09/04/2018
Friendly reminder that Sonic Mania, a game designed to appeal purely to Classic Sonic nostalgia in a similar manner to the Spyro and Crash remakes, was the canon prequel to Sonic Forces, the next mainline entry to the Modern Sonic series at the time. And Sonic Mania Adventures, also designed to appeal to Classic Sonic nostalgia, is the canon sequel to Sonic Forces.

If the Sonic fanbase could swallow that with little outrage, the Spyro fanbase should be able to stomach some simple Easter Eggs to other subsets of Spyro, such as an unlockable playable character or a Skylander hidden in the background of the stage.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#67 Posted: 21:35:30 09/04/2018
Quote: Nroc-Nuika
Careful, wherever you go, if you mention Skylanders and Classic Spyro in the same sentence, Sess will appear to argue why that's wrong and you're wrong for suggesting it.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sorry, I ran out of H's

Anyway, I really hope they have Fake Crash appear so their's a reason why he's not in the Nintendo Switch version

Yeah, that's really, like REALLY stretching it, but Toys for Bob and Vicarious Visions have worked together in the past(They're basically the modern Insomniac Games and Naughty Dog) So, it would make some sense
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:44:48 09/04/2018 by King-Pen Krazy
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#68 Posted: 22:17:16 09/04/2018
Its still my theory that The Darkness is responsible for every evil thing in everything ever, so if you look at it like that, then Classic!Spyro is connected to Skylanders.

Also yeesh can't you people take jokes
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#69 Posted: 22:38:41 09/04/2018
Quote: Bionichute
Its still my theory that The Darkness is responsible for every evil thing in everything ever, so if you look at it like that, then Classic!Spyro is connected to Skylanders.

Also yeesh can't you people take jokes

The fact that Toys for Bob has said that Classic Spyro and Skylanders Spyro are separate....................makes this moot.
---
#70 Posted: 22:49:37 09/04/2018
Mario is also a separate franchise and yet its implied the Darkness managed to creep its way there too, so
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#71 Posted: 23:02:17 09/04/2018
smilie and smilie come to Skylands because the Darkness is threatening their world.
---
#72 Posted: 23:10:18 09/04/2018
It still happened, and its still implied, so I'm sticking to it.

Its not like this even affects anything in anything, its just a weird bit of continuity that I can use for moments like this.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#73 Posted: 23:12:52 09/04/2018
Yeah, the old **** grizzled Dark Skelebones invaded mario land, and bowser took his giant hammer to kick his **** in

Sounds canon
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#74 Posted: 23:17:13 09/04/2018
Can we change the topic back to things that we hope to see in the trilogy? >.<;

Also, I don't really mind seeing people wish for things that are obviously not going to happen! It's what they hope, not what they expect!
Sometimes hopes can be very unrealistic. ;p
---
I draw stuff.
#75 Posted: 23:23:09 09/04/2018
Quote: Bolt
Can we change the topic back to things that we hope to see in the trilogy? >.<;

Also, I don't really mind seeing people wish for things that are obviously not going to happen! It's what they hope, not what they expect!
Sometimes hopes can be very unrealistic. ;p

Keeping expectations in mind:

The cut Shady Oasis hippo mission.
The cut Dino Mines miniboss.
Midnight Mountain being corrected.

Don't really see much outside of that.
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#76 Posted: 23:23:13 09/04/2018
Here's a different one I saw mentioned somewhere.

You know how N. Sane Trilogy got patched with the Spyro trailer?

What if if Reignited Trilogy had a trailer for a 2019 Crash game hidden behind one of the old Crash demo codes or something?
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:23:38 09/04/2018 by sonicbrawler182
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#77 Posted: 23:30:00 09/04/2018
Sorry about going to this topic but there are things I really wanted to say after reading all this.

I think the problem with these easter eggs is the fact that everything after the Spyro trilogy has been really poorly recieved as a whole and doesnt hold a candle in terms of popularity to the classic trilogy, which is what people think of when you say 'Spyro'. So doing these easter eggs would basically awknowledge that some bad games have been made? Also please correct me if Im wrong, but Crash Im fairly sure had no easter eggs to Twinsainity (I dont see any Nina anywhere) or any other games that came after it, yet I didn't see any complaints about that not happening. Infact it had easter eggs to other games Naughty Dog did. So I think people can live with no TLOS, Cynder or Skylanders for one game. I think if the Crash remake is anything to go by, we may have a higher chance of seeing a Ratchet and Clank easter egg. But im not sure if Crash doing anything or not indicates what Spyro will do. Also tlos had no extreme easter eggs towards the classics like classic spyro appearing, just saying. Skylanders didnt do anything ether. So why is it that when a classic remake gets made its suddenly a game that has to contain all universes and one that isnt even Spyro, but a game with Spyro as a guest?

I respect others wanting these in, but I personally dont like the idea and want anything Tlos or Skylanders to just stay out for this game. They just dont belong. But that doesn't mean I will boycott the game if I see an easter egg for them lol. Some people just dont want them in and I dont see why they should get attacked over that. I think the easter eggs, if they had to happen, should be very small things like a character appearing in a photo in the background which you can miss. But as it stands id rather see a Rachet and Clank easter egg. XD
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:32:52 09/04/2018 by DarkCynder_543
#78 Posted: 23:32:03 09/04/2018
Specifically addressing the point of 'referencing bad games': Sonic Unleashed referenced Sonic 06 openly with a robot labeled 2006 that does everything wrong, Cortex mentions that Wrath of Cortex didn't sell too well and pisses off penguins in Twinsanity.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:32:34 09/04/2018 by Bifrost
#79 Posted: 23:34:09 09/04/2018
They were jokes though. Like they were basically acknowledging they were bad games. I doubt people would like that sort of joke in. :/

Also I agree that people shouldn't be attacked for wanting things that are 'obviously not happening' because like, the point of the topic is to talk about stuff you want to see lol. Also I dont meant to go back into this argument. Just really wanted to get my opinion there. >.>
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:40:08 09/04/2018 by DarkCynder_543
#80 Posted: 23:35:27 09/04/2018
Yes, but the point still stands. You can reference less popular games, being good or bad doesn't matter, it's up to the devs(and higher ups depending on what exactly is the reference).
---
#81 Posted: 23:43:51 09/04/2018
Wait I meant that the crash remake I dont think had any easter eggs towards games that came out after it, such as Nina from later titles appearing, and actually had an easter egg towards uncharted over giving a nodd to their other titles.

Also those easter eggs to me seemed like the developers acknowledging they messed up, which is hardly what the spyro fanbas wants in terms of tlos appearing.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:45:48 09/04/2018 by DarkCynder_543
#82 Posted: 23:45:59 09/04/2018
Quote: Bifrost
Specifically addressing the point of 'referencing bad games': Sonic Unleashed referenced Sonic 06 openly with a robot labeled 2006 that does everything wrong, Cortex mentions that Wrath of Cortex didn't sell too well and pisses off penguins in Twinsanity.

In an actually good Spyro 4, I'd love a little jab at Enter the Dragonfly smilie
---
#83 Posted: 23:47:18 09/04/2018
Haha all good! Im on my phone atm so I apologize if what I have been saying doesn't even make any sense xD

Anyway yeah, I would add an easter egg towards Rachet and Clank on my want list. And I would love a jab at ETS or even the constantly rebooting of the franchise like all versions of Spyro appearing in the same room and there is a wtf is this moment.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:50:18 09/04/2018 by DarkCynder_543
#84 Posted: 23:49:48 09/04/2018
Quote: DarkCynder_543
Haha all good! Im on my phone atm so I apologize if what I have been saying doesn't even make any sense xD

Anyway yeah, I would add an easter egg towards Rachet and Clank on my want list.

Well, the fact that apparently the enemies in Hurricos are the inspiration for Ratchet and Clank (though I don't think that's officially confirmed) would be one smilie
---
#85 Posted: 23:51:36 09/04/2018
Quote: JCW555
Quote: DarkCynder_543

Anyway yeah, I would add an easter egg towards Rachet and Clank on my want list.

Well, the fact that apparently the enemies in Hurricos are the inspiration for Ratchet and Clank (though I don't think that's officially confirmed) would be one :P

Oh my god you're right

Plz make it happen toys for bob
---
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me