darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION)
First | Previous | Page 7 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 105 106 107
Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION) [STICKY]
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#301 Posted: 07:20:37 18/02/2018
Quote: LindseyWednesdy
Quote: JCW555
^That's why I'm thinking that production must have started before they even saw Crash's performance, or we're not getting them this year. Maybe next year?

It is a whole lot of work, and I don't think, even with two teams, they could get it all done so quickly?

That's why I think they started working on Spyro in 2016. The cheat code for the Spyro demo in the N. Sane Trilogy for Warped works, and that released in June 2017. I think Vicarious Visions saying "just keep asking" about the Spyro remakes was them being a little coy with us. They added the cheat code for a reason, right?

Or Laura is wrong with the release date, which she has been once or twice. Who knows.

No, you have a good point. If they did start working on the games in 2016, then the release for this year might be correct. I think the main thing holding a 2018 release year back is the production time, but if they started, say 2015-2016, then they've been working on this for some time already. I hope it comes out this year, I would love it sooo much! <3

Even more questionable than the release year would be the announcement date in March? Are their any gaming events in March? I would have thought at E3.

There is SXSW from March 9th to March 13th, which is a festival for music, film, and video games. It could be announced there. Also Numskull Designs is set to reveal their Spyro merchandise in March or April, and most likely they'd announce it when the game is revealed.

Sorry for editing your post, thought I quoted it but clicked edit like the moron I am smilie .
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:21:55 18/02/2018 by JCW555
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#302 Posted: 07:27:09 18/02/2018

That's why I think they started working on Spyro in 2016. The cheat code for the Spyro demo in the N. Sane Trilogy for Warped works, and that released in June 2017. I think Vicarious Visions saying "just keep asking" about the Spyro remakes was them being a little coy with us. They added the cheat code for a reason, right?

Or Laura is wrong with the release date, which she has been once or twice. Who knows.

No, you have a good point. If they did start working on the games in 2016, then the release for this year might be correct. I think the main thing holding a 2018 release year back is the production time, but if they started, say 2015-2016, then they've been working on this for some time already. I hope it comes out this year, I would love it sooo much! <3

Even more questionable than the release year would be the announcement date in March? Are their any gaming events in March? I would have thought at E3.

There is SXSW from March 9th to March 13th, which is a festival for music, film, and video games. It could be announced there. Also Numskull Designs is set to reveal their Spyro merchandise in March or April, and most likely they'd announce it when the game is revealed.

Sorry for editing your post, thought I quoted it but clicked edit like the moron I am :P .

Really? I had no idea about the event. I forgot about the toyline being announced in March, too. Now that sounds a lot more promising. Might've riled me up a little bit there, because it would make perfect sense, too. :-)

lol, no problem, and you are not a moron, you seem super sweet and smart! XD
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#303 Posted: 11:14:51 18/02/2018
Redoing the trilogy's assets really is one hell of an undertaking. Crash has level themes(area themes in 1, repeating motifs in 2 and 3 across different hubs) meaning a lot of stuff repeats frequently, but Spyro has way more levels that are completely different from one another, as well as every homeworld being drastically different across all 3 games.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#304 Posted: 13:39:25 18/02/2018
Not only that, but all three games have much more dialogue and a bigger voice cast than the Crash trilogy, so there would be a lot more lines to record.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#305 Posted: 13:41:07 18/02/2018
The size, variety and uniqueness of the levels (at least compared to Crash’s) are the aspects of these remakes which worries me the most.

I was discussing this with a friend yesterday, and the fact he isn’t that much of a fan of Spyro as me helped him remain more objective: Crash almost seems to have been created for being able to be remade over and over again, due to its rather linear and themed levels and fixed camera.
Developers just need to improve the graphics, visuals, maybe the soundtrack and tweak the physics a bit according to newer technical advancements.
Not to mention all of the above will be much easier now that they already did it once with the N. Sane Trilogy.

Spyro however needs so much more effort for a number of reasons.
As Bifrost said, the level themes are way more varied even in the first game where they are associated by a common leitmotif with their Home Worlds (just think about the difference between Tree Tops and Metalhead, or Jaques and Lofty Castle), thus greately increasing the number of unique assets, textures and SFX.
Same goes for the music, especially if they decide to use the Greatest Hits soundtracks.

Then of course we have the elephant in the room, which is the fact these are fully 3D levels which take full advantage of their nature in hiding all sorts of collectables.
This has the obvious consequence of Spyro’s animations and abilities being quite more complex than Crash’s, and in need of being updated and rendered less clunky and stiff at the risk of taking away a certain degree of artificial challenge.
Finally, we have all the old (and potentially new) cutscenes, voice acted dialogues and scripted scenes, with the latters being almost non-exsistent in Crash’s games, especially considering how many talking NPCs and unique creatures are in the trilogy.

In the end, he’s almost sure the remakes are in the works due to the reliability of the source, and so am I; moreover we are both convinced the developers will handle them just as they did with Crash’s, thus providing a high quality and polished product.
What makes me rise a few dubts are the supposed announce and/or release dates, because if I remember correctly and the N. Sane Trilogy took roughly two years to be developed, then this must have been under development for at least twice the time if not more, in order to be ready for the end of this year.

The Spyro demo code in the Crash’s remakes does make me a bit more hopeful, since it might show they had this idea in mind even before starting to work on that game.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:45:28 18/02/2018 by Drek95
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#306 Posted: 13:41:58 18/02/2018
And a lot more music to remix/rearrange, since most of the levels had unique themes, compared to Crash where they repeated between level tropes.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#307 Posted: 14:22:55 18/02/2018
If they rearrange of course and not just clean up a bit. Spyro's OST is way less soundfont-y than Crash's, I feel.
---
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#308 Posted: 18:16:33 18/02/2018
Quote: spyroid101
Replaying the trilogy recently, some tiny stuff I hope they end up adding is a toggle for the inverted up-and-down flying/aiming controls, as well as a possible toggle to switch the charge and flame buttons, (especially since we've now been conditioned to the button switch for YEARS, ever since AHT.)

...A bigger, more personal thing I'd hope they change, that's very much just my personal bugbear, is just making ALL the dragons quadrupeds like Spyro.

Even since I was a kid, I always found myself... hating the bipedal designs of the dragons. They just... never felt RIGHT to me dhasjkdhsjakd

Probably maybe won't happen... but I can dream, lol 8'D

I guess in my little headcanon, in the classic Spyro universe, once you became old enough and have been "trained" per se, you could start standing and walking on two feet, and Spyro isn't old enough yet to do so.

What about the dragon in the well in Stone Hill? He was on all fours. Do you think it was just the ceiling though and that dragons retain the ability to go on all fours if desired? Also I thought they just started to walk on all fours as they grew and didn't need training.
#309 Posted: 18:22:06 18/02/2018
Quote: ClassicSpyroLUV
Quote: spyroid101
Replaying the trilogy recently, some tiny stuff I hope they end up adding is a toggle for the inverted up-and-down flying/aiming controls, as well as a possible toggle to switch the charge and flame buttons, (especially since we've now been conditioned to the button switch for YEARS, ever since AHT.)

...A bigger, more personal thing I'd hope they change, that's very much just my personal bugbear, is just making ALL the dragons quadrupeds like Spyro.

Even since I was a kid, I always found myself... hating the bipedal designs of the dragons. They just... never felt RIGHT to me dhasjkdhsjakd

Probably maybe won't happen... but I can dream, lol 8'D

I guess in my little headcanon, in the classic Spyro universe, once you became old enough and have been "trained" per se, you could start standing and walking on two feet, and Spyro isn't old enough yet to do so.

What about the dragon in the well in Stone Hill? He was on all fours. Do you think it was just the ceiling though and that dragons retain the ability to go on all fours if desired? Also I thought they just started to walk on all fours as they grew and didn't need training.

Talking about Gavin? When he's first freed, he stands on 4 legs, but as he starts talking to you, he starts to stand on 2, then goes back to 4. I think older dragons have the option to stand on 2 or 4 legs freely.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:23:31 18/02/2018 by JCW555
#310 Posted: 22:55:46 18/02/2018
Well, in calculating the production time, I don't think we should be including things like music production/remixing, voice acting, or even the cut scenes for that matter. Those are usually handled by completely separate departments than the video game itself's development team. So, music and the like was probably going at the same time as everything else, meaning it wouldn't add to the overall production time.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#311 Posted: 23:08:21 18/02/2018
Oooh.... There are female characters in the first game... I don't think they'll make it out without a heavy redesign, though.

I have a lot to learn about the trilogy, been spending a while on the wiki even if it's what outdated in some sections. Not my area though, Skylanders Wiki gives me enough work when I'm willing to write.

edit: in another note, I'm also going back to listen to the music from the first game. It's still really high quality when it comes to instruments(though not the recording, obv), I think it'd just need to be redone, not rearranged. Though they might chose to rearrange anyway, some have VERY small loops.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 23:22:12 18/02/2018 by Bifrost
#312 Posted: 23:27:21 18/02/2018
Quote: Bifrost
Oooh.... There are female characters in the first game... I don't think they'll make it out without a heavy redesign, though.

I have a lot to learn about the trilogy, been spending a while on the wiki even if it's what outdated in some sections. Not my area though, Skylanders Wiki gives me enough work when I'm willing to write.

edit: in another note, I'm also going back to listen to the music from the first game. It's still really high quality when it comes to instruments(though not the recording, obv), I think it'd just need to be redone, not rearranged. Though they might chose to rearrange anyway, some have VERY small loops.

No matter what they do with the music, I hope they don't screw up Stewart Copeland's music. He was so awesome on all four games he did.

In fact, it was not actually a recording (unless that's what you meant, then whoops!) he used a synthesizer for the whole thing...

here's a video of it, too! X3

---
#313 Posted: 23:28:13 18/02/2018

Keep in mind Bifrost that the rips you hear on YouTube are rips from the PS1 disc. To hear a Spyro song in it's highest quality, you'd have to ask Stewart himself to hear that. He did release Jacques' theme on CD via The Stewart Copeland Anthology, titled Rain. Compare that with a PS1 rip.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:30:22 18/02/2018 by JCW555
#314 Posted: 23:34:54 18/02/2018
Video is unavaliable :I

Still, if he still has the original tracks, that's a good chunk of work done. I meant more that everything sounds fuzzy, but if it's a rip that's explained.

Comparing, say, N. Brio's theme from the original and the remaster, you can tell it's very soundfont-y and stilted and had to be redone from the ground up. Spyro's OST feels more like an aesthetic than anything, few instruments but it doesn't sound straight of a DS.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:48:27 18/02/2018 by Bifrost
#315 Posted: 02:27:11 19/02/2018
Actually, I wasn’t talking about production times when I mentioned the soundtrack.
More like “I hardly believe they would go through all of that just to remake the original trilogy” (even if I still do).

Let’s do a quick math, assuming they will use the Greatest Hits tracks:

Spyro the Dragon - 6 Homeworlds with 5 levels each (except for Gnorc Gnexus which only has 4)= 35
Gateway to Glimmer - 3 Homeworlds with 26 unique levels = 29
Year of the Dragon - 4 Homeworlds with 7 levels each, plus the Super Bonus World and Sparx Realms = 34

Without counting special cutscene music, arranged tracks, minigame exclusive themes and such we are already at 98 unique tracks.
No idea how many unique themes N. Sane Trilogy Had, but it definitely had fewer levels and a lot of repeated music.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:27:51 19/02/2018 by Drek95
#316 Posted: 03:34:30 19/02/2018
Well, if Activision or Stewart still have the original files, the quality would be much higher, like JCW555 said. Do you mean the trouble of remixing them, or remastering them?
---
#317 Posted: 03:51:16 19/02/2018
Not sure which one would be more likely to happen.
N. Sane Trilogy’s soundtrack is considered a remix, right?
If yes, then that’s what I meant.

I do wonder how certain tracks would sound like in high quality (video doesn’t work for me either).

Anyway, to change the discussion a bit from pure speculation, I might have found something interesting (sorry if it’s old news).
This is the logo First4Figures used to promote their Spyro statue:

[User Posted Image]

It might look the same as the first game’s backside (don’t mind the missing “t”) but it’s actually a bit different (not the best quality but at least it’s the correct one):

[User Posted Image]

Could they use the new one within the remakes, like they did with Crash?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:19:13 19/02/2018 by Drek95
#318 Posted: 04:02:51 19/02/2018
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Here's the cover and back art of the first game to compare what logo is correct.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:09:23 19/02/2018 by JCW555
#319 Posted: 04:12:55 19/02/2018
Whoops!
My bad, going to change the second logo with the actual one.

Thanks for pointing that out!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#320 Posted: 04:15:15 19/02/2018
Also I imagine they'll use the same logos for the games like they did with Crash. No point in changing them. If they need hi-rez images of the second and third logo, I imagine they're out there.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:21:00 19/02/2018 by JCW555
#321 Posted: 04:27:08 19/02/2018
They did actually remake all the three Crash logos in a similar fashion, if I’m not mistaken.
They are incredibly faithful to the originals, but re-drawn “from scratch” nonetheless.

This is Crash 2 original logo:

[User Posted Image]

And this is the one used in the N. Sane Trilogy:

[User Posted Image]

They are basically the same, but there are still a few minor noticeable differences, despite the obviously higher quality.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#322 Posted: 04:30:38 19/02/2018
Hmmm, those are actually somewhat different. I thought they were the same.

Spyro might get a similar treatment, then.
---
#323 Posted: 04:32:38 19/02/2018
Huh. You are right. Damn, that is a really good logo recreation.

For Spyro 3, I hope they don't confuse the beta logo:

[User Posted Image]

with the final logo:

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 04:43:12 19/02/2018 by JCW555
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#324 Posted: 09:36:02 19/02/2018
I also hope they remake the cover art for each game like they did with Crash. Since the games have different cover art in the PAL and NTSC regions (and Spyro 2 has different titles), do you think they'll remake the art from both regions or just the NTSC ones?
#325 Posted: 11:17:28 19/02/2018
Quote: alicecarp
I also hope they remake the cover art for each game like they did with Crash. Since the games have different cover art in the PAL and NTSC regions (and Spyro 2 has different titles), do you think they'll remake the art from both regions or just the NTSC ones?

If N. Sane Trilogy is anything to go by, I guess they would remake only the NTSC cover arts as well for social media purposes.

Speaking about this, I do wonder how similar this trilogy will look to Crash’s: talking about main menu, loading screen and stuff like that.
I think V.V. will stick to that formula, but if they turn out to not be the ones developing it, I’d be intrigued about how another company would handle it.

Would love to see the three intros remade from scratch, this time.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#326 Posted: 13:19:57 19/02/2018
It's not just intro cutscenes, don't Spyro 2 and 3 have cutscenes for every level?

Though I wonder if, on the NTSC/PAL differences, they'll leave a cheat code to change Ripto's Rage to Gateway to Glimmer : P People still use both names interchangeably.
---
#327 Posted: 14:19:51 19/02/2018
I’m sure they are going to remake the intro and outro cutscenes for every Spyro 2 levels as well (the third one doesn’t have them, I believe) because those are directly part of the game just like Cortex’s in Crash 2.

Can’t say the same for the actual game intros, since those didn’t get remade in N. Sane Trilogy.

EDIT:
@Forgotten World, I do get you are suggesting major changes in the games in terms of legels and gameplay, and I might have even understood the reasons behind that idea, but do you think you could be a bit more clear or straightforward please?
As of now there is no reason to believe the games will be heavily changed or lack certain parts in favor of others (if not for laziness on developers part), but you do sound like you have some reliable source... Kinda.

Could you maybe try to be a little more explicit, within the limits you are allowed to of course?

Seriously, I feel like every time I read one of your posts it’s like I’m trying to understand some arcane writings or prohecy, where the main message is there and there is some truth about it but it’s almost covered in mystery so it doesn’t seem as defined as it could be.
Still can’t understand if it’s my english which is lacking or your wording which makes it cryptic. :/
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:39:11 19/02/2018 by Drek95
#328 Posted: 16:45:30 19/02/2018
Forgotten World never makes sense. I'm surprised this rumor didn't make him stop sounding like autocomplete, he doesn't even need to mention god's will or how this virtual dragon game is writing on the wall.

Huh, never noticed the cutscenes were all in-engine.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:46:48 19/02/2018 by Bifrost
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#329 Posted: 16:56:40 19/02/2018
I played a bit of Spyro the Dragon on my PS1 yesterday, but the game now gives me chronic headaches! smilie
Gateway to Glimmer used to do the same, which is why I a) haven't finished it and b) haven't played Year of the Dragon

So, I'm now extra excited for this possible remake/remaster, because I might be able to enjoy the games without making myself feel sick! (Seriously, I know love is pain and all, but this is ridiculous...)

But here's what I was actually meaning to say: you guys have all made it very clear how much work a spyro remake/remaster/idunno will take, so do you think they'll be done one at a time? So, if Spyro the Dragon is released this year, as per the leak(?) and in time for its anniversary, and then the other two are realised in 2019 and 2020? I haven't looked too much into all the rumours/speculation/leaks, so I could be completely wrong here. Just a thought, anyway.

And lastly, on my adventures yesterday I found a dragon in Town Square who completely and definitely walks on all fours! Just to clear that up from what was being said earlier.
danyq94 Gold Sparx Gems: 2787
#330 Posted: 19:15:23 19/02/2018
You have to think that, essentially, the physiognomy of dragons in the original trilogy is just as it appears:
when they are young they are quadrupeds, as adults they can become bipeds.
[User Posted Image]

Charles Zembillas himself, original creator of Spyro (and Crash) design, has made a concept where Spyro is a teenager and he is, rightly, biped.
[User Posted Image]

And then in the manual of the first Spyro we have an old Spyro artwork, also a biped one.
[User Posted Image]
---
I love Crash & Spyro! Visit my italian site:
http://crashzone.forumcommunity.net
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:17:40 19/02/2018 by danyq94
#331 Posted: 19:22:49 19/02/2018
And for some reason their max gains only start after puberty.
---
#332 Posted: 19:36:25 19/02/2018
Just as a note on the biped thing, because some people were not sure, there are quite a few dragons in the first game that stand on fours, and switch to twos, so I don't think they're stuck on four. also, yes, indeed Spyro was standing on twos in the last cut scene.

I don't think there is any rule for it really. I just assumed they could stand on twos if they wanted, and Spyro doesn't (often) because you have to play as him, and they wanted him to appear like a traditional dragon.

Good point on the separate release dates. It is possible that they might not be a collection at all. The rumor suggests that they will be a collection, but maybe not? depends if they can fit all the data on one disc, depending on how high quality the games are. Could be multiple discs in one collection, also.
---
#333 Posted: 19:39:46 19/02/2018
Just as a note on the biped thing, because some people were not sure, there are quite a few dragons in the first game that stand on fours, and switch to twos, so I don't think they're stuck on four. also, yes, indeed Spyro was standing on twos in the last cut scene.

I don't think there is any rule for it really. I just assumed they could stand on twos if they wanted, and Spyro doesn't (often) because you have to play as him, and they wanted him to appear like a traditional dragon.

Good point on the separate release dates. It is possible that they might not be a collection at all. The rumor suggests that they will be a collection, but maybe not? depends if they can fit all the data on one disc, depending on how high quality the games are. Could be multiple discs in one collection, also.

I highly doubt that. It's gonna be in one collection like Crash. Also you underestimate what Blu-rays can handle. If open world games like The Witcher 3, Skyrim, etc can fit on a Blu-ray, it'll hold the three Spyro games.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:40:10 19/02/2018 by JCW555
danyq94 Gold Sparx Gems: 2787
#334 Posted: 20:04:49 19/02/2018
In a single blu-ray it was possible to insert the three Uncharted remastered
---
I love Crash & Spyro! Visit my italian site:
http://crashzone.forumcommunity.net
#335 Posted: 20:05:37 19/02/2018
Yeah, if the remakes do get released separately (which I don’t think it’s the case but still isn’t impossible), I’m sure it would be for distribution reasons and not size constraints; for example, they might want to release Spyro the Dragon this year to match with its 20th anniversary but hold back the other two games for later dates because they aren’t ready yet.
Or they might even want to wait for each game’s proper 20th birthday, which is highly unlikely if you ask me.

With all the world of Breath of the Wild able to fit inside a cartridge and run relatively smooth, I doubt the three Spyro games would be too much for a Blue-Ray to handle.

Speaking about the dragons, my headcanon is that dragons can deliberately decide whether to stand on two or four legs, but the young ones prefer the latter due to their playful and adventurous behavior while the Elders are more calm and sedentary.
After all, even certain newborns in Year of the Dragon are able to stand upright.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:15:04 19/02/2018 by Drek95
#336 Posted: 20:14:07 19/02/2018
As a note, I don't play new video games, not too familiar with the size constraints anymore. I've never touched a PS4 or its games.

Well, I think Activision is quite greedy, If they thought they would make a bigger profit off of separate releases, they would do it. For instance, the new Final Fantasy 7 remake will release in separate releases. Now, it is a much bigger game, but money drives a lot of decision making.

Or if they were not in development until after the Crash remake?

I think it will be a collection, though. Just saying it was a good point.
---
#337 Posted: 20:36:38 19/02/2018
Spyro the Dragon: Episode 1: Artisans
---
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#338 Posted: 20:43:22 19/02/2018
Spyro the Dragon: Episode 1: Artisans

gb'd

--
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#339 Posted: 20:43:30 19/02/2018
They're gonna have all three remakes on one disc, but all levels except the very first level from Spyro 1 will be DLC.
#340 Posted: 20:50:47 19/02/2018
The Balloonist would ask for gems.

Oooh, not those gems.

Those gems.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:51:38 19/02/2018 by Drek95
#341 Posted: 21:04:55 19/02/2018
Moneybags needs Cash Money that can only be bought in the online store. He's tired of gems.
---
#342 Posted: 21:15:08 19/02/2018
Come to think of it, Moneybags truly was the first microtransaction-like experience for many of us.

It only makes sense the series ended up in Activision’s hands.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#343 Posted: 21:19:02 19/02/2018
Yeah, but Moneybags always got hurt in some way afterwards, no CEO in Acti is currently hurting.

Changing to a less depressing subject, I wonder if they'll change the Sorceress' design a bit? Something about her, even in renders, always felt more low poly than anything Ripto and Gnasty Gnorc appeared in.
---
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#344 Posted: 21:34:16 19/02/2018
I also wonder how enemy designs might change; the guys that moon you in the Peacemakers homeworld come to mind!
#345 Posted: 21:40:45 19/02/2018
I just hope they don't touch the wizards. Their designs are adorable despite being so simple.
---
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#346 Posted: 21:41:34 19/02/2018
Nabbit is the only Spyro Enemy I know
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#347 Posted: 21:53:28 19/02/2018
[User Posted Image]

They're precious. It's like they came out of a children's book.
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#348 Posted: 21:59:33 19/02/2018
I think it would be a bit silly for Activision to seperate the three games and release them yearly, it would make sense to sell the game as a 3 pack like how N Sane did. I think Spyro would get a negative impact if it was just one game at a time, especially if they're going to be 40 bucks each, when N Sane was 40 bucks for three games.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#349 Posted: 21:59:34 19/02/2018
Uuuuh, certain designs are definitely going to be interesting.
I wonder if they’ll be able to update their look without crossing over the uncanny valley or making them too realistic; a general cartoony feeling is fundamental.

Some are odd, but I could see them translated well to high definition but I hope they’ll have concept arts or other references for the majority of the first game’s: still can’t think about clear depictions of Green Druids, Armored Druids (which I’ve always imagined as penguin-like) or Blowhard just to name a few.
I was shocked when I found out he had a beard, not a beak.

Maybe the problem with the Sorceress is more related to the textures, rather than her actual model, even though her ruff is a bit too squarey even for PS1 standards.

EDIT:
yeah, some enemies are so simple yet so iconic and almost timeless.
Besides, I’d bet TfB took inspiration from Green Wizards to design Spell Punks.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:04:50 19/02/2018 by Drek95
First | Previous | Page 7 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 105 106 107

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me