darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION)
First | Previous | Page 5 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 105 106 107
Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION) [STICKY]
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#201 Posted: 06:29:36 16/02/2018
Choo Choo goes the hype train!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#202 Posted: 09:40:31 16/02/2018
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Quote: HIR
Quote: Drek95
Luckily, Spyro never needed as much precision with collision and polygons as Crash.

The latter’s arcade and challenging nature requires jumps to be thought carefully and the movements to be as precise as possible.
With the former I can think of a couple situations where such precision was needed, at most, mainly in the first game.

They just need to get the proportions, the shapes and the overall structure of the level right.
After all they are remakes, minor differences are to be expected.

I disagree. I think the first Spyro game in particular (with its lack of a hover) had awful collision issues when it came to gliding. Let us all remember that obnoxious set of gems at the end of Metalhead that seems like a short, easy hop, but turns out to be awful thanks to bad collision detection. And considering Vicarious Visions had some hitbox issues with Crash (especially in Crash 1), that makes me nervous.

For that matter, do you think VV would add the hover into the Spyro 1 remake? <.<

Just to let you know those gems in Metal head are not there in the PAL version. So maybe VV can move gems around?
Also if you hold down X for a higher jump and then glide you have a better chance of getting to a platform. You just have to play the game a little differently compared to the sequels.

I’ve seen soooo many videos of various american gameplay, that I keep forgetting those gems aren’t there in my own game.

Doesn’t matter, though, as I still always try to reach the opposite platform for other non-exsistent secrets. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#203 Posted: 10:09:00 16/02/2018
I hope they get Copeland back for the music, it wouldn't be the same without him.
---
#all Spyros are valid
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#204 Posted: 11:01:02 16/02/2018
Do you suppose they'll have an extra playable character, like the N-Sane trilogy did? Playing as Coco was a pretty highly advertised selling point, so I wonder if they'll want the same kind of thing for the Spyro trilogy. Maybe Cynder, since she is a female counterpart to Spyro almost like Coco is to Crash? Although that would require them actually retconning Cynder into the classic Spyro universe.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#205 Posted: 11:02:37 16/02/2018
Quote: Muffin Man
Do you suppose they'll have an extra playable character, like the N-Sane trilogy did? Playing as Coco was a pretty highly advertised selling point, so I wonder if they'll want the same kind of thing for the Spyro trilogy. Maybe Cynder, since she is a female counterpart to Spyro almost like Coco is to Crash? Although that would require them actually retconning Cynder into the classic Spyro universe.

Cynder is pretty risky because LoS stain on that fan's perfect nostalgia. Then again though, I don't like Ember, and Flame, while the best choice, is bottom of the barrel in popularity.

Sgt. Byrd mode? Free flight is cool.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:03:42 16/02/2018 by Bifrost
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#206 Posted: 11:44:25 16/02/2018
Hmm...well from a gameplay perspective, I guess Hunter would be the closest comparison. He and Coco were both NPC characters introduced in the second game who were partially playable in the third game but not during regular on-foot sections.

However, unlike Coco with Crash, Hunter would play completely different from Spyro. That would make implementing him as a fully playable character a lot more difficult.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#207 Posted: 12:09:06 16/02/2018
Yeah, as much as I’m not interested in neither of them, I think Ember and Flame would be our only actual chance to play the entire games as completely different characters.
Wonder how they could justify them lore-wise, though.

Guess portals and magical time-travels. :/

But again, I’d rather prefer if the developers took extra time to add cut content: I already mentioned the scappred Machinists World, but watching the latest CrystalFissure’s video made me remember the Dino Mines boss which was supposedly located in the arena-like location accessible via the swim in the air glitch.
Not to mention the various “extinct” enemies in the epilogue book of Gateway to Glimmer; even adding Talismans for the Winter Thundra’s levels would be a nice touch, never understood why they didn’t have any if not for time constraints.

Regarding the first game, they could scatter NPCs inside the flight levels similarly to the hidden missions in the second one, or Hunter’s in the third.

Those would all be good substitutes for the lack of time challenges, which I guess wouldn’t fit Spyro as well as Crash, and add to the overall replayability.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:12:30 16/02/2018 by Drek95
#208 Posted: 12:23:40 16/02/2018
Flame and Ember don't really need justification. They seem to be the same age as Spyro and a little less fighting-fit. Could be that they just show up to help early in this version of the games.
---
danyq94 Gold Sparx Gems: 2787
#209 Posted: 13:21:08 16/02/2018
The important point to include Coco playable in N.Sane Trilogy is to make the game even more appealing to female players.
In this case for Spyro we would need a similar character.
The problem is that only Cynder comes to mind, but she is absolutely not part of the classic saga.
---
I love Crash & Spyro! Visit my italian site:
http://crashzone.forumcommunity.net
#210 Posted: 14:15:57 16/02/2018
If they use the same reasoning, it'll absolutely be Cynder. Ember is too easy to call sexist since her design, uh, aged some. Can't be Hunter, Sheila or Elora since it's another type of gameplay entirely(and they don't fly), so it's really just Byrd or break some rules. Unless they go the extra mile, but with a 2018 release date, it'd be a little rushed.

Also, Drek keeps calling for the Machinists world, but what about the Thigh Masters world? I'm sure the dragons could use a gym.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:26:55 16/02/2018 by Bifrost
#211 Posted: 14:34:53 16/02/2018
Quote: Bifrost
Flame and Ember don't really need justification. They seem to be the same age as Spyro and a little less fighting-fit. Could be that they just show up to help early in this version of the games.

Pardon me if I’m mistaken, but I just checked the Wiki out and the Dragon Kingdom where Flame and Ember live don’t seem to be just a renamed version of the Dragon Realms.
It’s mos likely not as remote as the Forgotten Realms, but still not part of the same... Uuuh... “Continent”.

The presence of Elders and Gnasty Gnorc makes it quite suspicious, though, but Red could have simply sent him there to prevent Spyro from proceeding further.

Besides, isn’t the fact Spyro is the only young and small dragon around the sole reason why he wasn’t affected by Gnasty’s spell and was therefore the only one able to save the Elders?
Of course this could support both Ember and Flame’s presence even more, but would also rise a few questions about the decision to turn him into the hero.

Or they simply make both non-canonical and just add them for fun.
That would work.

EDIT: never heard about that text... Well, if cheetahs can have one, why can’t the dragons? smilie

Also, looking for that made me rmember another potentially fun addiction: Dragonfly Eggs!
Some of them were cleverly placed, and they could extend them to the othe two games as well: may even add a mini-game of some sort with the dragonflies themselves, even if I would personally be more than satisfied with the collectable aspect.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:41:29 16/02/2018 by Drek95
#212 Posted: 14:46:31 16/02/2018
I was thinking more of a retcon because AHT ignores a lot of lore(the leader of the elders is Tomas, but not the same Tomas as before?? but the other repeat dragons are the same people??)but yeah. For the record, Spyro was brought in via transporter by the Professor, so Dragon Kingdom is probably another continent or the mainland.

edit: also, I was just recalling vague memories of recolor dragons in the other post, but it's much worse - Tomas himself has two clones in the first game. More than enough space to add other dragons, or certain cameos. I REALLY would like Classic redesigns of the LOS elders(you can just slap their spikes on a regular Classic dragon and it's close), but again, do we want cool cameos and the crazier fandom *****ing for the rest of the year?
---
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 16:07:57 16/02/2018 by Bifrost
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#213 Posted: 16:38:07 16/02/2018
Another playable character I could see, and a few people have brought this up, is Sparx. His attacks could be the same as they were in Spyro 3 (charge and bullets), and Sparx could also inherit the spitting ability in the levels that use it in 2 and 3.

Although I don't know if the Spyro remake would need another playable character to be honest. You've got that in spades in Year of the Dragon.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 16:57:45 16/02/2018 by JCW555
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#214 Posted: 17:25:27 16/02/2018
I don't own a PS4, but if this got ported to the Switch, I'd love to play it. I've always been interested in 3D platformers, although my only experiences are limited to mostly movie/franchise tie-ins or Mario games.

I remember playing a Spyro game once, however. I think it was either Year Of The Dragon or A Hero's Tail. Also a bit a Shadow Legacy, but that hardly counts as a 3D platformer.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#215 Posted: 17:27:34 16/02/2018
I don't see the game getting another playable character...

... or, rather, I don't want it. I'd much rather (for nostalgia reasons) see Vicarious Visions implement all of the cheats Insomniac put into the original trilogy and/or offer up bonuses for getting Skill Points besides just the epilogue (like Insomniac does with Skill Points in Ratchet & Clank).
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#216 Posted: 17:39:05 16/02/2018
She, or whoever was a secondary character, could also just be playable in Speedways. Something something racing minigame.

Quote: JCW555
Another playable character I could see, and a few people have brought this up, is Sparx. His attacks could be the same as they were in Spyro 3 (charge and bullets), and Sparx could also inherit the spitting ability in the levels that use it in 2 and 3.

Although I don't know if the Spyro remake would need another playable character to be honest. You've got that in spades in Year of the Dragon.

Sparx is pretty small and blends with everything, though. Peace Keepers would be a nightmare to play.

Between cheats and spending precious dev time on a new character, cheats. Maybe even add new ones with more modern references too.
I want an 'edgy reboot' filter where everything has the gross bloom from DOTD.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:00:40 16/02/2018 by Bifrost
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#217 Posted: 18:19:37 16/02/2018
Here's something worth considering. If they do opt to take the N. Sane Trilogy route and arrange the original music (whether they somehow get Copeland or, more likely, use their in-house audio team), do you think A) they'll give the tracks proper looping instead of CD-style fade outs, B) they'll include the bonus tracks in the original game that would play when you were in a level for awhile, and/or C) they'll include the YotD tracks that were missing from the original release of the game but added into the Greatest Hits version?
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#218 Posted: 18:25:51 16/02/2018
She, or whoever was a secondary character, could also just be playable in Speedways. Something something racing minigame.

Quote: JCW555

Sparx is pretty small and blends with everything, though. Peace Keepers would be a nightmare to play.

Between cheats and spending precious dev time on a new character, cheats. Maybe even add new ones with more modern references too.
I want an 'edgy reboot' filter where everything has the gross bloom from DOTD.

I'd imagine if Sparx was playable in the game, he'd be scaled up to size to fit the size of the levels.

I just can't see more playable characters in the remake other than Sparx, honestly, and it doesn't need it in my opinion. Hunter was in Ripto's Rage and Year of the Dragon, but is nowhere to be seen/hinted at in Spyro the Dragon, and doesn't make sense in canon. Sheila, Sgt. Byrd, Bentley, and Agent 9 were only in Year of the Dragon. Cynder isn't in the classic universe at all, and Ember is in A Hero's Tail, an obscure game compared to the classic trilogy. And I don't see them acknowledging Enter the Dragonfly any time soon.
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 18:34:51 16/02/2018 by JCW555
#219 Posted: 20:07:48 16/02/2018
I was thinking more of a retcon because AHT ignores a lot of lore(the leader of the elders is Tomas, but not the same Tomas as before?? but the other repeat dragons are the same people??)but yeah. For the record, Spyro was brought in via transporter by the Professor, so Dragon Kingdom is probably another continent or the mainland.

edit: also, I was just recalling vague memories of recolor dragons in the other post, but it's much worse - Tomas himself has two clones in the first game. More than enough space to add other dragons, or certain cameos. I REALLY would like Classic redesigns of the LOS elders(you can just slap their spikes on a regular Classic dragon and it's close), but again, do we want cool cameos and the crazier fandom *****ing for the rest of the year?

Oh, so they probably are connected?
Thanks, always nice to know more things!

Would really prefer cameos such as those over skins, they could go even crazier and add Red, Flavius, Ramses and Malefor (adapted to fit the models, of course).
After all, if they were to include cut Worlds they’d have plenty of space to fill.

Quote: HIR
I don't see the game getting another playable character...

... or, rather, I don't want it. I'd much rather (for nostalgia reasons) see Vicarious Visions implement all of the cheats Insomniac put into the original trilogy and/or offer up bonuses for getting Skill Points besides just the epilogue (like Insomniac does with Skill Points in Ratchet & Clank).

Completely forgot about cheats!
That’s a great idea, don’t know if Crash originally had them but N.Sane Trilogy did have small “easter eggs” such as jumping on Polar inside the Warp Room to get extra lives.

Trophies also come to mind: I wonder which one they’ll add beside the most obvious ones.
Maybe we’ll have something similar to skill points (which I’m sure will be kept for the second and third game) in the first game as well, and finally have a reason to burn all the grass and tents. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#220 Posted: 20:27:35 16/02/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Also, I find the idea that they need to add a female character to make it more appealing to female players laughable. It really shouldn't matter what gender the main playable character is whatsoever when to comes to enjoying a game, movie, show, etc.
I can understand if you might not be able to relate to them as well, but something as trivial as that shouldn't deter you from trying to enjoy something.

I completely agree with this, but honestly ... most of the world doesn't. The marketing side of the world especially. It still boggles my mind that marketing companies would cancel old cartoons that were aimed at the male demographic, such as Teen Titans, merely because a large amount of girls were watching it. Because according to these market companies, girls won't buy merchandise and therefore the show is unprofitable. The world is crazy when it comes to money.
(Regarding playable female characters making the game more marketable to girls ... uh ... I think it does have some truth behind it. My little sister, who is six years old, was only interested in playing the N.Sane Trilogy as Coco, and I actually doubt she'd play it if not for her. I'm not saying I agree with it, but it does kinda make sense to me when the world is still fixated on separating genders.)

But if we're still talking about whether or not we should have Cynder in the game ... I wouldn't really care either way! I love Cynder so it'd be really cool to see her appear somewhere, but as Sess has said, if they did want to include her they should probably do so in a new game to have her appearance make sense.
Or, and I'm just rambling at this point, they could include her in the original trilogy as just a normal hatchling, and in a later game she could have a sort of betrayal story where she gets corrupted later in life. I think that story would carry more emotional weight as well, but I really doubt the developers would go with that! Haha.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens!
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#221 Posted: 20:34:08 16/02/2018
For cut content, I can't imagine them adding worlds to the games. We don't even know what the Machinists world would look like, and I can't imagine it got past the planning stages. A Spyro 2 spring world is only rumored, and I also can't imagine that got past the planning stages. I could see alterations to worlds (Midnight Mountain especially, with putting the Super Bonus Round portal on that far away tower and the whirlwind near where Haunted Tomb's portal is).
I could also see them re-adding the fountain to Sunny Villa in Spyro 3:
[User Posted Image]

I could also see them adding in the cut enemies from 2 or 3:

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Could also see them adding the cut voice lines in 2 and 3 as well.
---
#222 Posted: 21:06:31 16/02/2018
TEN Cynder as that hatchling dragon? Pls. If not that, snek cynder from Academy would be pretty good, though she obviously wouldn't be as lanky.

Quote: Drek95
Oh, so they probably are connected?
Thanks, always nice to know more things!

I'm just going off the wiki since I haven't played in a long time, but iirc the Dragon Kingdom is mentioned in older games, even if the place they're currently in is called Dragon Realms. So probably some sort of mainland, if it's not a typo.
---
SpcePirateMnky Emerald Sparx Gems: 3021
#223 Posted: 21:56:40 16/02/2018
Were going to the Cynder debate again? Well, I'm still 100% for playable Cynder. I think the whole "Cynder wasn't in those games, so she shouldn't be in the trilogy" argument is bologna. Coco wasn't in Crash 1, you got to play as her in the remastered Crash 1, and nobody complained. As a matter of fact, I think Cynder not being in the original Spyro trilogy is a good thing.

I don't see any other character as a good option. Hunter and Spark have way too much involvement in the stories to be a playable character in all levels. Sure Hunter wasn't in Spyro 1, but another problem is their moveset. It would have to be a character who can do everything Spyro can do: flame, charge, glide, etc. I once heard somebody on Reddit complain about a playable Cynder and he said he'd rather prefer Hunter with a hang glider and fire arrows. I thought "Really?" I'm not really for Ember and Flame, because they haven't gotten much character development through the years. Cynder however, has been majorly involved in Spyro games (yes, I count Skylanders) since 2006. I see her as the Coco equivalent to Spyro.

So she wasn't a part of the "original" series. Introduce her as a new character. She could fly out of a portal or a time machine like Coco does in the N. Sane Trilogy. Do you really think people are going to want to boycott a remastered Spyro Trilogy or give it bad reviews just because Cynder is playable? If anyone has seen gameplay footage of the fan game, Spyro: Myths Awaken, there's footage of playable Cynder. I bring this up, because this is how I envision Cynder added to classic Spyro gameplay, and I thought it was handled well.
#224 Posted: 22:20:01 16/02/2018
Quote: SpcePirateMnky

So she wasn't a part of the "original" series. Introduce her as a new character. She could fly out of a portal or a time machine like Coco does in the N. Sane Trilogy. Do you really think people are going to want to boycott a remastered Spyro Trilogy or give it bad reviews just because Cynder is playable?

Yes actually. Within the midst of the excitement when the Kotaku article came out, people dreaded the possibility of the Skylanders/Legend of Spyro Spyro in the games. Now imagine Cynder? A character that isn't in the classic universe to begin with shoehorned in the game for no discernible reason? Imagine the uproar of that? Come on now. I highly doubt Activision/Vicarious Visions wants to deepen the fandom wars even more than it already is.

I agree with Sess, if you want to introduce Cynder in the classic Spyro universe, do it in an actually good Spyro 4.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:22:07 16/02/2018 by JCW555
#225 Posted: 22:24:39 16/02/2018
I think a lot of fans would boycott because it's either bad LOS thing that they didn't grow up with, or not spyro's eternal burning love interest/a boring bab. We're in the minority in that we don't really care.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:41:42 16/02/2018 by Bifrost
#226 Posted: 23:10:28 16/02/2018
As long as I wouldn’t mind Cynder in any form, yes, I strongly believe fans would react horribly to her presence.

Exactly how I’m firmly convinced they would complain about any Skylanders/LoS reference for months, despite them potentially not even impacting the actual game.

I mean, there were people worried about Crash having his Titans design in N. Sane Trilogy, and while that was a somewhat understandable concern (if you were to ignore the fact that those were 1:1
remakes and there was no reason not to use his original look) I cannot believe to be reading the same posts regarding Spyro, now that we’ve seen how Activision handles those kind of remakes.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:11:06 16/02/2018 by Drek95
#227 Posted: 23:36:36 16/02/2018
As I said, I've never really played the originals and don't know them like you do, but personally, I'd be fine with a playable Cynder. I don't see any reason not to either. Plenty of remakes and remasters add bonus modes or playable characters AFAIK. We wouldn't lose anything out by just adding in one optional playable character.
#228 Posted: 23:57:17 16/02/2018
Either way, Cynder or no Cynder, I really don't think someone like Hunter or Elora should be added as the "bonus character". Another dragon seems to be the only possibility unless there are any other non-dragon characters with the exaxt same abilities as Spyro, which I highly doubt.

I vaguely remember two other dragons called Ember and Flame. Were they in the OT? Maybe they could work instead?

I just want a little something more than a direct port. Some new stuff would be nice, rather than just a graphics and performance upgrade. So I guess I'm another one in the minority who wants an extra playable character.
#229 Posted: 00:03:48 17/02/2018
Quote: Buchi

I vaguely remember two other dragons called Ember and Flame. Were they in the OT? Maybe they could work instead?

They weren't in the original trilogy, but they were in A Hero's Tail, what many to be the best game in the classic universe after the classic trilogy.
---
#230 Posted: 00:20:29 17/02/2018
I'll be completely honest, I know barely anything about either Crash or Spyro, so I don't know how Crash's situations compare to Spyro's situations. And yes, other bonus content could work too of course. I'm for pretty much anything new, I don't care what.

Adding in new characters just seems like the easiest and most obvious way to add new content. After all, it's just a palette swap for the most part. Though if Ember is closer to the OT than Cynder, then yes, maybe she'd be a better choice.

As for "Spyro 4"... we've only just received rumors for a trilogy remake that might not even exist, so talking about adding Cynder then seems like we're thinking a bit too far ahead. I don't even expect a Spyro 4 unless the trilogy remake gets notable popularity (unlike Crash, which seems to have been forgotten quick...).

And although I'd be fine with Cynder in a remake, I don't like the idea of her being in Spyro 4 if she's a major character. I think she should be a cameo or optional character at most, otherwise, she should just stay back with TLOS.
#231 Posted: 01:02:23 17/02/2018
Talking about a fourth brand new Spyro game (while rightfully trying to forget the official one we got) is a bit too early, but let’s not forget we are already hearing rumors about a potential new entry next year.
People might have aleady stopped talking about the N. sane Trilogy, it’s “only” a remake after all, but Activision surely hasn’t forgotten all the money they made with it.

Regarding potential skins for Spyro, we need to think about similarly-shaped creatures: how about George the Crystal Glacier’s snow leopard, or Farley the wolf from Enchanted Towers?
Or even a Cowlek from Zephyr!
... Ok, I’ll stop, now.

Talking about cutescenes and dialogues made me somehow think about the UI and the HUD.
Can’t find an image of Crash Bandicoot’s pause menu, but V.V. got as close as possible with the one for the other two games, so I guess this diversity would be preserved with Spyro as well; I do expect some changes, like an unificated font for counters, which became two dimensional after the first game.

Man, I’m wondering about soooo many dumb little details right now: for example, how will they handle the difference between safe and unsafe water?
In the original games it was a bit too blatant to the point where unsafe water looked and acted more like blue acid (Mystic Marsh comes to mind), but with today’s possibilities they could make it more subtle while still recognizable, or even add piranhas or sharks to justify the danger like in Spooky Swamp.
I’m sure underwater levels like Aquaria Towers and Seashell Shore will look stunning.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:03:53 17/02/2018 by Drek95
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#232 Posted: 01:04:41 17/02/2018
OH MY GOD I'D LOVE FARLEY!

What if we got a Skylanders Spyro skin?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#233 Posted: 01:09:50 17/02/2018
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

I think different skins could be cool too, but...

If the Cynder debate is anything to go by, I imagine fans would be a lot more pissed if Skyro was playable in any way. There was a lot of controversy (and still is) when his Skylanders design was revealed. And that was a separate era; I can't even begin to imagine the ****storm Skyro in the OT would bring forth.

Definitely a lot of backlash. Although, personally, I wouldn't care. I'd just see it like the costumes in HW and FEW.
#234 Posted: 01:14:51 17/02/2018
Quote: Buchi

I think different skins could be cool too, but...

If the Cynder debate is anything to go by, I imagine fans would be a lot more pissed if Skyro was playable in any way. There was a lot of controversy (and still is) when his Skylanders design was revealed. And that was a separate era; I can't even begin to imagine the ****storm Skyro in the OT would bring forth.

Definitely a lot of backlash. Although, personally, I wouldn't care. I'd just see it like the costumes in HW and FEW.

Not a bad point, but it does seem that Skyro's updated design (SF onward) has garnered more positivity compared compared to his ever reveal.

But yeah, still, your point still is quite valid and it'll probably end up being the case. Classic Spyro fans are gonna be fierce about how the remakes go down. I even remember some Crash fans being against potential Crash N-Sane ports because Crash was originally on PS until the 4th game and because "mah childhood".
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:18:01 17/02/2018 by HeyitsHotDog
#235 Posted: 01:21:22 17/02/2018
Elitists will complain about pretty much anything, optional or not, so I try to disregard their criticisms when "muh nostalgia" is their only reason for an argument. If they had a valid point, like adding new stuff would take too much time, then I might be more inclined to believe them, but it's rarely as logic as that.

Nonetheless, they exist, and are capable of boycotting as much as any of us are. If they don't like it, they will be vocal about it. So maybe the smart move for Activision right now would be to ignore Skylanders' existence in the remakes.

Still think costumes and skins would be cool though. Skyro, Cynder, Ember, IDC. The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned.
#236 Posted: 01:23:40 17/02/2018
The only good argument I have for a Skyro skin would be because he's a rather familiar design with younger kids and that could be good for them buying the games.
---
#237 Posted: 01:27:49 17/02/2018
I’d be strongly against Skylanders’s Spyro in the remakes.

Other cameos or references?
Sure!
Cynder as a skin or NPC?
Why not?
Skyro...?
Absolutely no.

Not because I would’t like it (I’d honestly be pretty neutral about it, probably going to use only the classic skin anyway after all these years spent wanting to play a proper HD version of that model), but because the so called “true fans” would riot at the mere sight of that dreaded snoutless monstrosity.
And trust me, the majority of the people still think Skyro hasn’t gotten past the infamous Spyro’s Adventure early look.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#238 Posted: 01:35:10 17/02/2018
The only good argument I have for a Skyro skin would be because he's a rather familiar design with younger kids and that could be good for them buying the games.

I agree. However, it seems to be an unwritten rule that whenever an old franchise tries bringing in new fans, the old fans will complain about how they're getting ignored or whatever. There aren't many options for bringing in new fans without angering old ones, really.
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#239 Posted: 01:39:30 17/02/2018

They should not have a skyro skin, this game is supposed to introduce newer generations of kids to what I grew up with, to give them the opportunity to experience the first true spyro in all its glory and adding skyro would cheapen that experience, they shouldn't have to use him for sales

This is supposed to be a distance from skylanders cuz it's its own thing, like sess said with crash, they wont do it
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#240 Posted: 03:43:44 17/02/2018
It's interesting how out of all the new and exciting things we may see in this possible remake, we are having a discussion about skins! Are we that eager to play as someone other than Spyro?

Also, I'd just like to add that I hope Spyro looks like the figurine that the guys at F4F made. I think that their design looks absolutely fantastic and captures the character perfectly. I'll be sort of cautious if I hear that VV is developing this possible remake because I feel as though their models are ... lacking visually. There are many character models in the N.Sane Trilogy that, in my opinion, look rather wonky and are on the verge of uncanny valley. I don't think I've even warmed up to Crash's new design to be perfectly honest. I have to admit they make stunning environments though.

Edit: I just thought about the Cynder discussion and realised that they never included Crunch in the N.Sane Trilogy, and while I was never in the Crash fandom, I believe he was a popular character. With this in mind, I do doubt that they'll include Cynder in the remakes.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:46:27 17/02/2018 by Bolt
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#241 Posted: 03:48:44 17/02/2018
^If they do they'll have to be VERY subtle, like a random BG image, or a hatchling in Spyro 3. The latter would be kind of neat; they could do the same with all the other dragon characters outside of the original trilogy including Ember, Flame, the Elders, the Guardians, Malefor, Red and all the Skylander dragons.

If they add a new playable character it has to be Sparx. He's the only one who's been there from the start and thus makes sense, plus he was entirely forgotten after DotD and he deserves some love and attention. He could be used to access all new mini areas, like the levels in Spyro 3 or the flight levels in AHT. They could invent all new levels, scenarios, battles and puzzles for Sparx to explore too. If not him then definitely Hunter because playing as him in AHT was too long coming and still lacking IMO. Also the vehicles in the speedways don't count since it would feel the same with any character. As already stated he would be totally different from Spyro too. Here's a thought, how about both? Hunter could use a time machine or magic time portal to join Spyro at least in the Speedways, and have some new Sparx levels.

Random thought now that I brought up the Speedway vehicles: Did anyone else find their SFX grating? Especially the jet plane in Mushroom Speedway?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:51:48 17/02/2018 by ClassicSpyroLUV
#242 Posted: 04:28:53 17/02/2018
Let's just imagine what it'd be like to play as every dragon in the franchises, Classic, Legend, and Skylanders. A load of different skins based on every dragon, all playable.

Of course that won't happen, but what would you think? Just like the costumes in HW and FEW, not necessarily plot-relevant.
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#243 Posted: 04:58:21 17/02/2018
Replaying the trilogy recently, some tiny stuff I hope they end up adding is a toggle for the inverted up-and-down flying/aiming controls, as well as a possible toggle to switch the charge and flame buttons, (especially since we've now been conditioned to the button switch for YEARS, ever since AHT.)

...A bigger, more personal thing I'd hope they change, that's very much just my personal bugbear, is just making ALL the dragons quadrupeds like Spyro.

Even since I was a kid, I always found myself... hating the bipedal designs of the dragons. They just... never felt RIGHT to me dhasjkdhsjakd

Probably maybe won't happen... but I can dream, lol 8'D
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
#244 Posted: 05:27:36 17/02/2018
Quote: spyroid101
Replaying the trilogy recently, some tiny stuff I hope they end up adding is a toggle for the inverted up-and-down flying/aiming controls, as well as a possible toggle to switch the charge and flame buttons, (especially since we've now been conditioned to the button switch for YEARS, ever since AHT.)

...A bigger, more personal thing I'd hope they change, that's very much just my personal bugbear, is just making ALL the dragons quadrupeds like Spyro.

Even since I was a kid, I always found myself... hating the bipedal designs of the dragons. They just... never felt RIGHT to me dhasjkdhsjakd

Probably maybe won't happen... but I can dream, lol 8'D

I guess in my little headcanon, in the classic Spyro universe, once you became old enough and have been "trained" per se, you could start standing and walking on two feet, and Spyro isn't old enough yet to do so.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:28:25 17/02/2018 by JCW555
First | Previous | Page 5 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 105 106 107

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me