darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Maybe you can have your cake and eating it too?
Page 1 of 1
Maybe you can have your cake and eating it too?
optimall Yellow Sparx Gems: 1377
#1 Posted: 23:08:42 19/08/2017 | Topic Creator
I am preparing to be shot for making this comment…….

But I could care less about a spyro remake, I have a family that loves playing skylanders together.

Give us a remastered ps4 skylanders spyro's adventure and Giants. But with a twist to make both worlds happy.

To make it a trilogy of sorts, have SSA and GIants and for a third remaster, have the spyro 1 game remastered and converted to take skylanders also.
Add the ability to play all skylanders characters since their release, but add 20 new ones for this remastering, 10 heroes and 10 villains from the spyro franchise to commemorate the anniversary of spyro.

The problem with spyro games is that they are single player.
I feel guilty playing the game when my wife has to find something else to do. My kids argue over who can play and who can't. Hell make skylanders 4 player and send us to heaven.

Hopefully having 10 heroes and villains from the original spyro franchise will help generate interest in skylanders again, plus having the first 2 and arguably greatest games of the skylanders series remastered might put some rose glasses on a lot of fans that were getting sick of where the series was headed.

It's only my idea, I know it probably won't get a lot of love, but given a chance it could be good.

Let me know what you think, but please don't hate to hard.
---
Join me on line chat.
Search for line ID: skylanderschat
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 23:24:45 19/08/2017
This isn't DarkSpyro general, it's Skylanders section,tho. Why all these threads about the Spyro remasters?

A huge chunk of the Spyro fandom hates us. They'd rather have no game rather than have Skylanders' existence be acnowledged in one. I'm not exaggerating.
They also don't care if you want Skylanders, they want it dead and they want their Spyro games. Not for your kids? Too bad, it's about their childhood, they've proven time and again they'll gladly harass and bully if it makes them feel like their time with the classics is justified.
Well, by "them", I mean the majority that likes the hate train, not the people who tolerate. Spyro fan right here, don't care as long as Acti has the IP because they'll find a way to ruin it, but I'd rather get a neato full trilogy to play in a sitting or two.

But still. Not mutually exclusive. You can never please both sides with that idea, and you shouldn't. Get Spyro remaster the way it is, get Skylanders remasters or new games on their own. Different audiences, you shouldn't mix that or we'll get another Fandom War of 2011. It's not because it's inherently wrong, is because no one deserves it or would act reasonably if it ever happened.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 23:27:56 19/08/2017 by Bifrost
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#3 Posted: 23:34:16 19/08/2017
okay i take notes, dont go to DarkSpyro general becoz can be shot if i say i like ssa.. LOL!
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#4 Posted: 23:36:05 19/08/2017
No, no, I haven't seen people who acted like that here in a while. I said General because this is Spyro/Skylanders discussion. You see this if you go to other Spyro forums or social media that didn't embrace the spinoff like Dark did.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:36:36 19/08/2017 by Bifrost
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#5 Posted: 23:37:29 19/08/2017
okay, i just thought it was funny anyway...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#6 Posted: 23:48:23 19/08/2017
Yeah, Bifrost is absolutely correct. Merging the Spyro remakes with Skylanders would cause a massive uproar among the Spyro fanbase. It would not be pretty.

Also I just don't think rebuilding the classic Spyro games into Skylanders games would work on a mechanical level, at least not without so much restructuring that they would basically be creating a brand new game anyway.

You know what would be cool, and more feasible, though? If they added a classic Spyro themed level into a remake of SSA as cross promotional tie-in with the Spyro Trilogy remakes (sort of like with what they did with Crash).
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:49:28 19/08/2017 by Muffin Man
#7 Posted: 00:07:25 20/08/2017
Considering that the Crash fandom gladly made an exception for TWI, I think that'd work much better.
---
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#8 Posted: 00:34:06 20/08/2017
I mean we are talking like full on internet war
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#9 Posted: 01:11:14 20/08/2017
I wouldn't give much for the Spyro remake only because I'm not much into the Classic Spyro series (that said, I still think the games look interesting and I would be looking forward for the remake, just not get over hyped). But mixing Spyro and Skylanders is a bad idea on every level possible. Make a Spyro level with a Ripto toy on Imaginators (still see no reason to remake SSA/SG) or something like that and we're good to go.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:12:01 20/08/2017 by Crash10
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#10 Posted: 03:33:14 20/08/2017
(**Gun still holstered**)

Sounds like a great idea. But what would I know, I never played the old Spyro games.

(***Looks over shoulder to see if anyone wants to shoot me, too***)
---
Any last wishes?
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#11 Posted: 04:10:01 20/08/2017
I played the first one. It was fine. Solid even. No complaints, but also nothing to really special to recommend it over other 3D platformers of the era... Better than Bubsy 3D by a long shot, but it was no Mario 64, either.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me