darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Does anyone like Magic, water and light creation crystals?
Page 1 of 1
Does anyone like Magic, water and light creation crystals?
optimall Yellow Sparx Gems: 1377
#1 Posted: 20:45:39 05/08/2017 | Topic Creator

I have like 25 of them that I can't stand to use.
Do they have any resale value at all?
What would you guys do with them?
---
Join me on line chat.
Search for line ID: skylanderschat
diddy50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2554
#2 Posted: 20:48:09 05/08/2017
Water is one of my faves. Light is terrible i think, followed by magic.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#3 Posted: 21:05:36 05/08/2017
(I'd give them to me)

(jk)

I think their powers look the dullest, though Water has at least 2 good ones and the rainbow beam on Light is pretty nice. They probably have resale value, they're at least more expensive than Life and Fire crystals on Ebay.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:06:07 05/08/2017 by Bifrost
#4 Posted: 21:08:10 05/08/2017 | Topic Creator
God, I would give anything for fire crystals.

Bifrost, are you by any small chance in Australia?
---
Join me on line chat.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#5 Posted: 21:16:06 05/08/2017
I sold mine the first week thinking I'd trade it for something better and now I kinda regret it because I don't have any crystals :I

Nah, other side of the world, I know the shipping would be ridiculous. Nowadays I just ask for common figures jokingly since my country's mailing system already proved it's not worth the effort after they returned Bad Juju to the UK for no reason whatsoever, and the seller had to pay the shipping twice.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
diddy50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2554
#6 Posted: 00:13:54 06/08/2017
My life sentinel is pretty awesome actually. The spikey cactus plants plus the clothsline dash are prety good together, throw those out therer around enemies, use the dash into it and swing away!
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3389
#7 Posted: 11:09:35 06/08/2017
All Ten Elemental Crystals are good in my book!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
Sworn2Skylands Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#8 Posted: 18:28:37 07/08/2017
Quote: optimall

Magic: Yes. The teleportation from the elemental attack that... well, teleports you forward in a straight line is great for getting behind enemies and catching them off guard quickly. The elemental attack where you shoot off a big orb that fires a bunch of little orbs that hit enemies all over the screen is great for crowd control and adding a ranged attack too.

Water: No. I can't find much of a serious use for water's elemental attacks. The body surfing one where you ride a wave is good for pass through movement, allowing you to go right through enemies, but it will only pass through some enemies, and will merely push others aside by the smallest amount possible, so they will not be directly in front of you, but will still be more than close enough to the side to hit you (for example, it can pass through Splatterpillars, but not rats). This makes it inconsistent, and therefore unreliable. The others don't have enough utility and aren't useful enough.

Light: YES! Light gives some of the most useful elemental attacks in the game, in my opinion. The attack where your Imaginator conjures a pillar of light around them is great for well timed counter attacks that do a ton of damage, temporarily slow nearby enemies down, and knock enemies down with a blast in close range (and once you upgrade it, it will always create the blast in close range, even if you weren't hit) and the elemental attack where your Imaginator runs forward while holding the suns at their sides (I think it's called 'speed of light') allows for pass through movement and catching enemies off guard. The flashbang attack is great for stunning persistent assailants who follow you around, and doing reoccurring damage, and the last attack can be used to add a ranged attack. Light can do it all!

If I had to rank the elements in terms of strength on a scale of 1--9, here's what I would say:
9 (PERFECT!!): Air, Light
8(Great!): Life, Tech
7(Good): Earth, Magic
6 (Above average): Dark
5 (Average): Fire
4 (Below average): (None)
3 (Poor): Undead
2 (Bad): (None)
1 (Awful): Water
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#9 Posted: 18:44:37 07/08/2017
Quote: optimall
God, I would give anything for fire crystals.

Bifrost, are you by any small chance in Australia?

Drawdler is in Australia.

Sworn2Skylands, I'm surprised you don't like undead crystals. Have you tried that throwing explosive skulls move? And that dropping tombstone move also stuns enemies. Both are pretty good ranged attacks.
---
Any last wishes?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:48:34 07/08/2017 by Wishblade
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
#10 Posted: 19:13:44 07/08/2017
The third attack is also really good, but requires some tactics. When there's the typical wave of small enemies, it's just the best, you kill them all at once and recover a huge amount of health. Anyway, it's a circle/area attack that deals 150 of damage, so it can be used that way with the extra of recovering some health. It's just a matter how you use it, it's not an outstanding move, but it's a really good one, I love it (it's the one my Undead Sentinel uses).

I agree on everything Sworn2Skylands said about Light Crystal.

Water... ugh, it's difficult, but I like it too. The first and the last upgrade are the only ones that are really useful, tho. The wave is a very strategical movemente since it gives you mobility and make you able to stunt your enemies with the electric stars, but it inflicts very low damage. Piranhas are a very good range attack since it inflicts pulsing damage and you can use it twice at the same time.

I don't consider any Crystal to be bad, but it's true there're some of them much more superior to the rest. I like Life, Flower Power is a really good attack since you can set up to two "dwells" of pulsing damage, and the animation is very nice and properly life-related. Water and Life are not the best Crystal, that's true, but they're fine. I honestly was expecting more from them, but I can't said I'm disappointed in the end.

Magic is one of the best IMO, nothing more to say.

Maybe it'd be nice to open a "Crystal Upgrades Tactics" topic to discuss about everything.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#11 Posted: 11:00:34 08/08/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Drawdler
Oh yeah, optimall, I think my Target had a Fire Crystal or two last time I was there. Good chance I'm going out today, so I could check there if you want.

... Or just send you my spare from a starter. smilie I gave it to my mom but she'll likely be cool with it.

If you want some water, magic and light crystals, I am more than happy to send you a heap of them.

You don't have to send me any fire though, I wasn't hinting on a swap. I just want to send these crystals to someone who might get some use out of them.
---
Join me on line chat.
#12 Posted: 19:04:46 08/08/2017
Quote: Wishblade

Sworn2Skylands, I'm surprised you don't like undead crystals. Have you tried that throwing explosive skulls move? And that dropping tombstone move also stuns enemies. Both are pretty good ranged attacks.

They can be, I normally use the skull lobbing attack on my undead Swashbuckler. But the biggest problem as I see it is that most Imaginator classes already have ranged attacks in some way. Some classes are completely centric around them, like Quickshots and Bowslingers, and some have ranged attacks where you wouldn't expect to find them, such as Brawlers and Swashbucklers.

This isn't to say ranged attacks that you can use from your Attack 2 are a completely worthless contribution--they can really help some classes, like Smashers and Knights--but they don't stand out strategically as much as other attacks do. I find it's best when the elemental attack does something to support the attacks you already have, like ones with movement-based or defensive applications. Although attacks that act as secondary attacks that work with your Attack 1 move, such as the air element's attack where it conjures 2 twisters that shoot air blades in a big area every time you use Attack 1, or (as Halvmorke pointed out) the flower power attack from the life element, where you put down a hazard that rapidly does damage to anything in a close range area, are awesome as well.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#13 Posted: 20:52:44 08/08/2017
Aren't all these things basicly the same tho.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
#14 Posted: 21:25:32 08/08/2017
Quote: Sworn2Skylands
Quote: Wishblade

They can be, I normally use the skull lobbing attack on my undead Swashbuckler. But the biggest problem as I see it is that most Imaginator classes already have ranged attacks in some way. Some classes are completely centric around them, like Quickshots and Bowslingers, and some have ranged attacks where you wouldn't expect to find them, such as Brawlers and Swashbucklers.

This isn't to say ranged attacks that you can use from your Attack 2 are a completely worthless contribution--they can really help some classes, like Smashers and Knights--but they don't stand out strategically as much as other attacks do. I find it's best when the elemental attack does something to support the attacks you already have, like ones with movement-based or defensive applications. Although attacks that act as secondary attacks that work with your Attack 1 move, such as the air element's attack where it conjures 2 twisters that shoot air blades in a big area every time you use Attack 1, or (as Halvmorke pointed out) the flower power attack from the life element, where you put down a hazard that rapidly does damage to anything in a close range area, are awesome as well.

Agreed again. I also tend to use "elemental upgrades" as tactics/support, since you're already have different attack types at the same time with each battleclass.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#15 Posted: 21:37:48 08/08/2017
A lot of it depends on your playstyle. My "main" Imaginator is a Light Brawler. I'd originally planned to use Speed of Light for movement and Wave Fist for range, but didn't like how they felt.

So I switched them up to Rainbow Rampage and Dashing Uppercut. Now I slide in, uppercut a group of dudes and knock them flying, then spam rainbows of destruction at all their friends. :3
#16 Posted: 19:10:36 10/08/2017
Okay, so I tried the water element's wave push on pretty much every enemy in the game, and there are 23 enemies I found that you can't pass through when you use it. I thought I would list them for the sake of something that could help people with a water Imaginator. Those enemies are as follows and will be listed by name (or what I call them if they're unnamed enemies) and a brief description:

Blade-armed Cyclops... the purple enemies in Cradle of Creation, etc. with one eye and arms they draw back to attack.
Hammerhead Hatchet Man... the shark-like enemies in Scholarville, etc. who swing hatchets around them while spinning to attack.
Jetpack vulture... the vultures who take to the air with jetpacks and burn you from above with fire.
Sheep in wolves' clothing... the sheep who wear wolf-like caps and attack with swipes from knuckle weapons.
Riff Rats... the rats in the Abandoned Amusement Park, Rat Kingdom, etc. who can be mutated by radioactive cheese (they can be passed through after mutating).
Red coated Kaos clone... Kaos's short red coated clone who attacks by punching.
Blue coated Kaos clone... Kaos's blue coated clone who attacks by lobbing projectiles.
Troll gunner... the trolls who fire 5-way projectiles in the Gryphon Park Observatory, etc.
Troll cannoneer... Trolls who launch mortar shells lobbed or straight ahead in the Gryphon Park Observatory.
Voodoo dolls... the brown, skeletal dolls from the Cursed Tiki Temple.
All Spell Punks (5 of them)
Snot Snatchers... the purple bugs imported from Superchargers.
Inflatrators... the trolls who punch, imported from Superchargers.
Spin-offs... Undead enemies on wheelchairs, who spin, imported from Superchargers.
Laser skeleton... Skeletons who shoot lasers, imported from Superchargers.
Spot Bite... Skeletal dogs who leap at you, imported from Superchargers.
Meteotrollogist... trolls who shoot balls of air at you in the Light Sensei realm.
Improved Witch Pitcher... the Drow that fires red wisps at you in the Dark Sensei realm.
Cauldrone... the cauldrons that lob projectiles at you in the Dark Sensei realm.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:14:06 10/08/2017 by Sworn2Skylands
#17 Posted: 19:03:45 11/08/2017
Quote: Drawdler
If the ending splash from the wave push hits enemies then it knocks them back. That keeps it from being trash.

That's the point. I guess I didn't make this point clear enough in my last post (mostly because I was so worried about going over the character limit, so I thought I wouldn't be able to explain), but as I said in my original post (when I was talking about the light, water and magic elements) in this thread, if you can't pass through an enemy when you use wave push, you will push them forward a little ways, and then aside at the end of the hit by an incredibly narrow margin instead. Thus, the enemies I have listed are ones who you can't pass through if you were to use wave push on them. They would only be pushed aside, in the way you outlined.

There are also 3 more enemies that I forgot to include in my list, so I'll add them now:
Bongo Crab... the crabs with bongos mounted onto their backs in the Thumpin' Wumpa Islands.
Metro-gnome... the annoying little tribesmen who speed up their allies' movement and attack speed in the Thumpin' Wumpa Islands.
Skeletal Greeble... the skeletal Greebles summoned by Undead Spell Punks in the Undead Sensei Realm, Dark Sensei Realm, etc.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me