Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Franchise on a Standstill
JLrosen Yellow Sparx Gems: 1110
#1 Posted: 23:25:29 25/07/2017 | Topic Creator
This topic was created for those to express their thoughts about impending fate of the Skylanders franchise. While we still have some toys that have yet to see release, there has been absolutely nothing said about what will come of the Skylanders franchise. So far, there's been a leak that's been confirmed fake for a long time, 2 months since the Lost Imaginite Mines level pack was released in the UK, and Activision's CEO saying that they're still interested in the franchise, but what is there left? The only thing we've heard recent involving Skylanders was news about the Battlecast servers being shut down on September 1st, and that was back on June 30th. I've even gone as far as going to Best Buy today and seeing Imaginators toys in the clearance section.

So the question is:

What will we do?
---
What is there left for this franchise?!
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#2 Posted: 23:54:21 25/07/2017
What we will do? Simple be patient for news and wait for February 2018 oh wait that's right everyone isn't patient : /
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#3 Posted: 00:08:37 26/07/2017
Quote: SkyFan91
What we will do? Simple be patient for news and wait for February 2018 oh wait that's right everyone isn't patient : /

The way you say it, it sounds like no-one here has any patience.
---
Soon.
#4 Posted: 00:10:16 26/07/2017
Quote: emeraldzoroark

The way you say it, it sounds like no-one here has any patience.

Some have it. But the majority doesn't
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#5 Posted: 00:11:09 26/07/2017
Let's not forget about the mobile RPG coming next year.

Aside from that, I agree with Skyfan.
I would have appreciated some extra content to keep us busy but I can wait.
I'm honestly happy to wait, because I'm not convinced this franchise (nor series) is over so I'm glad they finally decided to take some time and not just rush a new entry like the previous 6 years.

A user here made me think with one of his/her posts: he/she said this franchise, even more this whole genre, is unlike anything we and Activision have seen before.
By combining toys with videogame you get the best of both worlds... but also all their problems: toys tend to have these periods of low interest but associating it to videogames seems to turn the situation into something to worry about.

As of now I can only say I'm glad TfB is still active, I'm excited for Academy's next season and I'm curious to see where this moment of crysis will lead Skylanders.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:12:17 26/07/2017 by Drek95
#6 Posted: 00:59:22 26/07/2017
Quote: Drek95
Let's not forget about the mobile RPG coming next year.

Aside from that, I agree with Skyfan.
I would have appreciated some extra content to keep us busy but I can wait.
I'm honestly happy to wait, because I'm not convinced this franchise (nor series) is over so I'm glad they finally decided to take some time and not just rush a new entry like the previous 6 years.

A user here made me think with one of his/her posts: he/she said this franchise, even more this whole genre, is unlike anything we and Activision have seen before.
By combining toys with videogame you get the best of both worlds... but also all their problems: toys tend to have these periods of low interest but associating it to videogames seems to turn the situation into something to worry about.

As of now I can only say I'm glad TfB is still active, I'm excited for Academy's next season and I'm curious to see where this moment of crysis will lead Skylanders.

You've spoke my mind
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#7 Posted: 01:15:09 26/07/2017
I'm gonna try to get all the games I don't have and its respective figures.

Besides that I have more stuff to do and games to play.
---
Bruh
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#8 Posted: 02:07:58 26/07/2017

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAH

*Breathes in*

HAHAHAHAHNAHAHAHA
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#9 Posted: 02:22:26 26/07/2017
Quote: King-Pen Krazy

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAH

*Breathes in*

HAHAHAHAHNAHAHAHA

Lmao it's true
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#10 Posted: 02:32:14 26/07/2017
Skyfan, do please look in the mirror for a bit. You claim to be positive and at the same time you've shown to be more impatient than the people waiting for LIM.

I'm trying to put this as mildly as I can, no intention to insult.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#11 Posted: 02:38:58 26/07/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Skyfan, do please look in the mirror for a bit. You claim to be positive and at the same time you've shown to be more impatient than the people waiting for LIM.

I'm trying to put this as mildly as I can, no intention to insult.

What? I haven't gone around saying UUUUUUGHH I WANT NEWS NOW! Haven't done that just been doing other things as I wait
#12 Posted: 02:41:34 26/07/2017
That's not the only way to be impatient, but again, not here to insult or argue, just pointing it out and stopping before it escalates.
---
#13 Posted: 02:49:12 26/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Planning to visit TRU soon, will be likely to report status. Also, Senseis and Creation Crystals are on sale at Wal-Mart.
---
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#14 Posted: 03:26:38 26/07/2017
It is very wishful thinking to believe that there will be another console iteration of the franchise next year when they do not even have enough retailer interest to put out all of the stuff for this year's iteration. It's cool that SkyFan wants to remain positive, yet I would caution him to stop acting like it is some foregone conclusion (like he did for "Imaginators Year 2") because it builds up false hope and disappoints a great many people that do not keep track of the news day to day. It is not helpful to the franchise at all because it frustrates people - and they tend to blame the franchise rather than just overly-optimistic fans for the disappointment.

Buy up the stuff that is out on clearance, or maybe pick up a Lost Imaginite Mines import and enjoy the games for what they are, not what you hope happens in the future.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#15 Posted: 08:38:48 26/07/2017
we're dead. we're ****ing dead guys lmao
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#16 Posted: 11:06:57 26/07/2017
Dig a grave and throw all my Skylanders into it.

Seriously: This time next year, I'll probably forget Skylanders besides SSA and SG. Although I used to be a huge fan, I don't really care much anymore. I've moved on, I like other stuff now.

I'd be more worried if I found out FE or Kirby was getting canceled, and I didn't even know they existed until sometime during Trap Team IIRC.

And what could they do to bring my attention back? Imaginators came close, but it didn't have the same effect as SSA or SG.

Overall, Skylanders is never again going to be the amazing innovative game like when I first played it. It's lost it's edge, it has since Trap Team. It's not ever going to be the same again.

So what will I do? Nothing.
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
#17 Posted: 11:42:55 26/07/2017
You... Can like more than one thing and not ditch others like you're running out of system memory.
I do stuff on the wiki and prepared it a bunch for SA Season 2, but I'm paying more attention to Splat2n. Doesn't mean I moved on, just that since nothing is going on until October, I'll watch/play other games, watch some new shows on Netflix, focus on IRL as usual etc etc. But, when there's more Skylanders stuff, I'll drop by if it looks cool, because I still know I like it for a reason.
---
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#18 Posted: 12:27:56 26/07/2017
Yes, I know. What I'm saying is that I won't like it as much as before, so I wouldn't be as interested as I was with SSA.

I might still like it, but certainly not as much as before. My interest in Skylanders has been going down since Swap Force.

So I wouldn't care if it doesn't get another sequel. Lots of things have happened in my life, experiences I can't go back and re-experience. I'll never be able to re-experience the SG hype, for example. I don't think I'll ever have these kinds of experiences again with the Skylanders franchise.
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#19 Posted: 13:07:51 26/07/2017
Could you provide us with some suggestions as to what one could do to ensure the games' or franchise's future? I like how you've listed the facts but based on those alone there's nothing we can do but wait for Activision to make another announcement, or have one of the developers speak out against possible non-disclosure agreements made when being employed by the studio.

What I will do is continue to show interest in Skylanders, especially if Activision send me a survey asking my thoughts on the series or if they release any new products, I'll consume media that talks about it. But as far as I can tell, that is all I can do.
#20 Posted: 15:07:20 26/07/2017
Someone needs to close this topic
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#21 Posted: 15:30:12 26/07/2017
Someone needs to close this topic

Why??
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3367
#22 Posted: 15:37:32 26/07/2017
I'm still gonna wait until Gamescom 2017 in case if there is new information.

Regardless of new info or not: on October 2017: I'll be focusing on my Imaginators (I was distracted by getting the Senseis, Pokemon Sun and Moon, new animated movies, The Loud House and my life to remember creating my own characters)
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
#23 Posted: 15:45:37 26/07/2017
October is SA guaranteed(Eric can't disclose the date yet), so at least show up on the Academy subsection to show your support : P now that ToyNerd(who had way better subject ideas than me) had to leave for personal reasons good discussion is more than welcome as well as the activity. Hard to complain about the franchise's downfall when you guys stick to one place about said complaining.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:46:37 26/07/2017 by Bifrost
#24 Posted: 16:50:17 26/07/2017
October is SA guaranteed(Eric can't disclose the date yet), so at least show up on the Academy subsection to show your support : P now that ToyNerd(who had way better subject ideas than me) had to leave for personal reasons good discussion is more than welcome as well as the activity. Hard to complain about the franchise's downfall when you guys stick to one place about said complaining.

Oh toy nerd is like gone gone or just not in the Skylanders thread anymore?
#25 Posted: 16:52:20 26/07/2017

Gone gone.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#26 Posted: 17:05:04 26/07/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Gone gone.

Damn.
#27 Posted: 17:08:15 26/07/2017

Gone gone.

Damn.

Not dead gone, but he has left the website.
---
#28 Posted: 17:28:49 26/07/2017

Gone gone.

Damn.

Not dead gone, but he has left the website.

No no I didn't think he died : P
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#29 Posted: 18:50:46 26/07/2017
I think it's perfectly reasonable to predict that Skylanders video games might get a reboot in the future.
However, even if it's painful to admit, the drastic downturn in sales for the last two Skylanders games has Activision putting any new investment into the franchise on hold.
They won't be able to stay silent forever, but they will likely be much, much more patient than the average fan. There is no incentive whatsoever for Activision to make a definitive public statement announcing the "end" of Skylanders. However, Skylanders has done some very heavy lifting for their shareholders over the past five years, so unless Activision has something new in the works to fill the economic void left by Skylanders, they will ... at some point ... need to announce something to maintain whatever level of fan interest still remains.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#30 Posted: 19:41:13 26/07/2017
(oh my god bahamut is back i missed you)
#31 Posted: 00:22:55 27/07/2017
It's very reasonable for them to try again at some point in the future, personally I think it won't be next year but maybe the one after. I also firmly believe it will not be toy based. That ship has sailed, retailers just aren't going to be that into stocking more of these after the downturn in TTL sales, it would be an even tougher sale than the original TTL pitch. There is far too much up front investment for them to risk toys again.

Activision will probably try a digital only approach with selling new characters as DLC to see how it fares. That would be reasonable to sell new characters for $1.99 or so to play in a family style Diablo clone (like Skylanders is now, before they went overboard with the gimmicks) and also do something with online play since toys aren't involved. There is a market for this, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1/2 remaster did well and Diablo 3 is still doing great.

I would definitely be interested in that game were it to happen.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:23:36 27/07/2017 by defpally
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#32 Posted: 02:44:03 27/07/2017
I'm giving it until after Gamescon 2018 and if nothing I'll know it's done.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#33 Posted: 12:10:36 27/07/2017
Hey, maybe not even Activision knows exactly what they're doing yet.
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#34 Posted: 13:03:59 27/07/2017
Quote: yelvy
Hey, maybe not even Activision knows exactly what they're doing yet.

(Excluding those about politics...) UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR right here! smilie
#35 Posted: 13:18:32 27/07/2017
TFB arrives with their Classic Spyro UE4 multiplayer game on the office, Activision goes "wait, I thought I told you all that fancy stuff was for a Skylanders game?" and ditches it.

I mean, after reading about Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric's development that surfaced the other day, I'll believe any story about crazy execs.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:19:02 27/07/2017 by Bifrost
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3367
#36 Posted: 21:18:23 27/07/2017
Hey, what was that information we found out on E3? Something about the franchise still continuing or something like that?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
#37 Posted: 02:51:00 29/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Current status:

Visited 2 locations today: Meijer and Best Buy. Upon my visit to Meijer, it appears they don't carry Skylanders much. I've been noticing much smaller wares when visiting other places like Wal-Mart. Upon visiting Best Buy, this was another location that did not have their Skylander merch on clearance. However, it seems that all I came across was leftover Superchargers. The reason I use italics is to emphasize any status effects or noteworthy information I've gathered.

I will be heading to a local TRU tomorrow and will report progress of any Skylander toys I see. It also seems SCL still has yet to update. I'm also hearing folks speak of the upcoming Gamescon event that may confirm the fate of the franchise.

I am also looking to post a long story about my involvement with Skylanders somewhere here on this website. Is there anywhere I can post my story about my almost-6 year old involvement with the Skylanders franchise?
---
#38 Posted: 02:53:15 29/07/2017
Speaking of which, I went to TRU on mah B-day, no sign of Ro-Bow. Pretty much everything else besides that/ I'm expecting Ro-Bow won't be out til Fall.
---
#39 Posted: 03:12:55 29/07/2017 | Topic Creator
I had mine imported, but I'm still concerned about the large chunk of Portal Masters who don't own smilie's pack.
---
#40 Posted: 03:40:16 29/07/2017
Speaking of which, I went to TRU on mah B-day, no sign of Ro-Bow. Pretty much everything else besides that/ I'm expecting Ro-Bow won't be out til Fall.

I wouldn't hold your breath, if you want it - import it now. Those will become rare and expensive in the future. My Best Buy actually has no Imaginators stock at all, and Target is massively decreasing. Neither has stocked anything in some time, so expecting them to stock new stuff in the Fall is wishful thinking.
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#41 Posted: 04:48:49 29/07/2017
I'm afraid I will have to pay way too much to complete my collection: Steel-plated Hood Sickle and Chompy Mage.

Gamestop said their return policy is only good for 30 days. That killed my idea of buying a few to make the last Imaginators I wanted to make with the un-released molds. I just hoped I would have one extra of each of those elements in case they didnt release the last molds. Which is looking likely that they got yawned. I'm waiting for crystals to go on clearance then.

Interesting to note, however, dude at Gamestop said that people are sill buying Senseas (how the hell do you spell that again?)
---
Any last wishes?
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#42 Posted: 04:52:03 29/07/2017
Quote: Wishblade
Senseas (how the hell do you spell that again?)

Sexsays is the only correct way.
---
Bruh
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#43 Posted: 05:10:03 29/07/2017
Sin says?
Sense A's?
---
Any last wishes?
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#44 Posted: 20:50:13 29/07/2017

order it from amazon and have it in a weeks time, that is what i had to do to get row-bow. there is no point in waiting for the retail to put out new skylanders anymore.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#45 Posted: 21:05:24 29/07/2017
Quote: CountMoneyBone

order it from amazon and have it in a weeks time, that is what i had to do to get row-bow. there is no point in waiting for the retail to put out new skylanders anymore.

already have it
---
#46 Posted: 23:42:53 29/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Today's inquiries:

Target: Not much differences except Creation Crystals are now $7.49, and smilie is avail. on the web:
https://www.target.com/p/skyla...|slp|51525144|0

Toys "R" Us: Nothing else noteworthy, unless one would count Trap Masters at $10 and Superchargers Starter Packs at $20 an important research note.

So far, the shelves do not seem to be moving, but I still cannot find the Life Rocket crystal, and I have yet to report Activision about the mistake of being sent a Magic lantern instead of the claw I asked for.

And still no updates from SCL. I may have smilie, but I still concern over others who don't, and I wish for them to fulfill their desire of obtention for said Sensei.

It has been 64 days since LiM released in the UK, but it's only a matter of time before the rest of us descend into madness...
---
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#47 Posted: 08:47:25 30/07/2017
Quote: JLrosen
I had mine imported, but I'm still concerned about the large chunk of Portal Masters who don't own smilie's pack.

same here...my concern for LIM becoming like the Yawn Traps ( which don't bother me much...I have a trap of each element, I don't need the rest ) or Thrillipede ( who I also imported ) got me importing Ro-Bow ASAP. Loved the level and Ro-Bow's playstyle, definitely worth it.

now I'm just worried about the Senseis I'm still missing and moreso, the Creation Crystal molds ( unlike the traps, I find them worth collecting...mre Crystals means more Imaginators smilie )....other than getting the multi-packs, I'm worried ordering one online might result in a dupe mold rather than whatever one I was going for. and I think we can officially give up hope of ever seeing Heartbreaker Buckshot in any capacity :/
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#48 Posted: 11:04:02 30/07/2017
Quote: JLrosen
I may have smilie, but I still concern over others who don't, and I wish for them to fulfill their desire of obtention for said Sensei.

It has been 64 days since LiM released in the UK, but it's only a matter of time before the rest of us descend into madness...

i just advice everyone to go on amazon and order row-bow there while its available, no point in waiting on retail. because for the retail the skylanders games is dead..
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:04:33 30/07/2017 by CountMoneyBone
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me