Page 1 of 1
Is Dec-Ember real?
Coxula Blue Sparx Gems: 689
#1 Posted: 12:02:02 25/07/2017 | Topic Creator
I found this on Ebay:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Master-...R-/222590936483

Is this real or a fake or a mod?
Looks like it is an (ingame) variant and not "only" a crystal version of Ember.
---
SI: collection complete! :-)))
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#2 Posted: 12:08:38 25/07/2017
Her figure exists, but she's a chase variant. She doesn't look like that in-game.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#3 Posted: 12:38:55 25/07/2017
Not so much chase variant, Employee Figure. Also the best pun in the franchise bar none.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#4 Posted: 13:49:26 25/07/2017
The "employee edition" Skylanders are indeed real, but they were never distributed to retail stores. Dec-Ember was the latest (and last?) of these. Only the hardest of the hardcore collectors buy these, because they can only be acquired through eBay when an Activision employee (or their friends?) sell them.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#5 Posted: 14:26:34 25/07/2017
Quote: BahamutBreaker
The "employee edition" Skylanders are indeed real, but they were never distributed to retail stores. Dec-Ember was the latest (and last?) of these. Only the hardest of the hardcore collectors buy these, because they can only be acquired through eBay when an Activision employee (or their friends?) sell them.

It's not the last
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#6 Posted: 23:44:37 25/07/2017
This is not a chat room, you can say all you have to say in one post instead of waiting for people to ask why you say that just to artificially increase the number of posts.
---
bye
#7 Posted: 23:55:29 25/07/2017
Quote: newkill
This is not a chat room, you can say all you have to say in one post instead of waiting for people to ask why you say that just to artificially increase the number of posts.

Wait who are you talking to? Sorry for asking
Psychomancer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1374
#8 Posted: 00:54:02 26/07/2017
Quote: SkyFan91
Quote: newkill

Wait who are you talking to? Sorry for asking

I think he was talking to you, about the statement of "is not the last" without explaining why you think that.
---
Behold, my Catchphrase of Doom!
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#9 Posted: 03:06:54 26/07/2017
Oh boy another fight oh what joy.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#10 Posted: 03:20:11 26/07/2017
What fight? ... We are on the internet, people can say things in a relatively harsh way without actual contempt behind their screen or wanting to start fights.
---
bye
#11 Posted: 03:52:51 26/07/2017
What we were fighting?
Xjmmjbn Blue Sparx Gems: 950
#12 Posted: 12:00:54 26/07/2017
Quote: SkyFan91
It's not the last

Why is it not the last?
---
Call me X, if you will. I've given you all you need to know to find out my true name, but then why am I using a pseudonym?
Coxula Blue Sparx Gems: 689
#13 Posted: 12:05:19 26/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Thanx for your answers!

I understand that it looks the same as normal Ember ingame (unlike Pit Boss and Legendary Pit Boss for example).
I don't exactly know what "chase variant" means. Does it mean that it appears ingame exactly like Ember (look and name) or does it mean that it looks like Ember but it's ingame name is Dec-Ember?
---
SI: collection complete! :-)))
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#14 Posted: 12:26:30 26/07/2017
It appears as a Special tag Ember. Not sure if she has a custom name though, I don't think any of the other Employee figures do but I haven't seen footage of this one in use.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Flame58 Blue Sparx Gems: 528
#15 Posted: 13:11:14 26/07/2017
Quote: Coxula
I don't exactly know what "chase variant" means. Does it mean that it appears ingame exactly like Ember (look and name) or does it mean that it looks like Ember but it's ingame name is Dec-Ember?

In general, chase variants are figures you must "chase" after due to their rarity. Figures like Dec-Ember are normally only given to Activision employees, so regular collectors can't chase after them. But within the Skylanders community, the term "chase variant" emcompass all figures that have a distinctive look physically, but share the texture of the regular version in game.

Quote: Bifrost
It appears as a Special tag Ember. Not sure if she has a custom name though, I don't think any of the other Employee figures do but I haven't seen footage of this one in use.

I'm fairly certain I've seen a video showing her in the collection menu several months ago but I can't find it.
---
"Let the flames begin!"
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me