darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > How Would A Spyro Remake/Remaster Impact Skylanders?
Page 1 of 1
How Would A Spyro Remake/Remaster Impact Skylanders?
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#1 Posted: 00:13:32 19/07/2017 | Topic Creator
I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before, but it's an interesting point. It's been no secret that Spyro hasn't been a main selling point of the Skylanders games since the first game. With the success of the Crash remake, a Spyro remake/remaster has obviously been requested for heavily.

It does beg the question. If the Spyro remake does well, what will the future of Skylanders be? I know Skylanders has been on a downward trend the last 2-3 games. If the remakes/remasters does well (say 3-4 million), what does the impact of that have on Skylanders, if any? Will Activision go forward with the style of the first 3 Spyro games, stick with Skylanders, or do both? Would love to hear Skylanders' fans perspective on this.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:18:58 19/07/2017 by JCW555
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#2 Posted: 00:51:21 19/07/2017
They'd go with both franchises Skylanders is its own thing now
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#3 Posted: 01:01:03 19/07/2017
Skylanders already has nothing left, so... Not much will change.
---
Bruh
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#4 Posted: 01:08:24 19/07/2017
Quote: Crash10

It's got plenty left my dude just be patient and good things will come
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#5 Posted: 01:11:07 19/07/2017
I'd say there's potential. People have hated our guts for the good half of a decade because we so much as touched spyro. If we got a remaster, people might actually get off our backs for once because they finally got the spyro "they wanted"
#6 Posted: 01:41:25 19/07/2017
Quote: SkyFan91

It's got plenty left my dude just be patient and good things will come

There's the mobile RPG and plenty more Academy, which is pretty neat, buuuut I wouldn't personally expect a new main series game in the next 5 years or so.
---
Bruh
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#7 Posted: 06:59:28 19/07/2017
If Spyro gets out of mascot Hell and that's a whole mess of a topic in itself I'd say the two IPs will co-exist.... if they meet Activision's deluded sales expectations. I've more hope for Spyro getting another 'main series' game than Skylanders next year, but I've no proof for this - it just sounds good in my head. But so does Coca-Cola, Lemonade and Fanta, and people hate it when I mix drinks like that. I love it though. Bit expensive to do it at home but when you've got free refills at the IKEA restaurant you're golden. Ahem.

For the sake of this discussion let's say the Spyro remaster is concrete, that we've got gameplay and a release date. Skylanders will probably take a break with Activision trying to get more out of many fatigued players with an insultingly low quality mobile game to get an excuse to put it in retirement. A temporary retirement before Skylanders XS comes along with all new figures and gimmicks.... and none of your old ones will work because I doubt very much they'll want to let people buy the old figures when they're super cheap. They'll also do a Peter Molyneux about how the Portal of Excess is way faster and that you should pay out the nose for the Starter Pack, because the old portals are irrelevant and poo.

But that's just me being cynical. I really don't know the fate of Skylanders and I'm even less certain of how much of an impact Spyro being seperate (but maybe not) from its later series. I'd like there to be more games, but I feel a reboot in the future is necessary because there's folks like me who only completed Spyro's Adventure and have a lot of catching up to do (and a lot of money to spend along the way). The fate of Spyro himself is unclear to me though, but I doubt it will be positive. I just cannot see this possible remaster making "Activision money", which is to say all of it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:04:18 19/07/2017 by Johnbonne
SoulfulWolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 5756
#8 Posted: 07:38:42 19/07/2017
My hopes would for the 2 series to co-exist. Technically we have 3 separate Spyro continuities anyway. I believe Classic Spyro and Legends Spyro existed together briefly, though I'm unsure, as I've still yet to really touched the series outside of skylanders. Did Shadow Legacy [the DS RPG] come out near the same time as the 2nd or 3rd Legend of Spyro game??

All in all. I want the Classic Spyro Trilogy remake to happen. I'd also like Skylanders to continue in a few years, after a break. Although at this rate, I'd full on support dropping to toy gimmick. Maybe even get a Legend of Spyro Trilogy, and a Toy-less collection of the first 6 skylander games where you unlock the characters through an in game shop run by Eon? [Start the game With Spyro, Trigger Happy, and Gill Grunt already unlocked. Buy more characters with in-game treasure. Unlock other characters through special means like bonus levels. (What used to be Adventure Packs.) Or by unlocking new games. (Unlocking Giants gives you Tree Rex, Swap Force Wash Buckler/Blast Zone, etc.)
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#9 Posted: 08:53:58 19/07/2017
It would be cool if in the remastered spyro trilogy they would replace some npcs ( not the ones that are important to the main story ) with skylanders...and have them say things like have we meet before ?
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#10 Posted: 08:57:21 19/07/2017
Oh Classic Spyro...
[User Posted Image]
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#11 Posted: 09:15:58 19/07/2017
He is such a babe
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#12 Posted: 17:23:29 19/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: KingMed
It would be cool if in the remastered spyro trilogy they would replace some npcs ( not the ones that are important to the main story ) with skylanders...and have them say things like have we meet before ?

I doubt Activison and the devs would do that in fear of backlash
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
#13 Posted: 18:47:10 19/07/2017
Quote: JCW555
Quote: KingMed

I doubt Activison and the devs would do that in fear of backlash

And I also think they would try to be close to the originals. Maaaaybe a easter egg at most (like Cynder or a Skylander flying at the sky).
---
Bruh
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#14 Posted: 02:27:47 20/07/2017
Quote: Drawdler
Yeah Skylanders is dying anyway. Most signs point to it disappearing, maybe getting rebooted in half a decade or a decade like GH, so I think it will die but not as a result of a potential Spyro reboot/remake.

But if it were still going better I'd agree with Zap on this. At least somewhat.

the franchise is milked to death I doubt we will ever have another console game
---
THE END IS NEAR
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#15 Posted: 05:06:00 20/07/2017
They're two separate games from different genres.
---
#all Spyros are valid
#16 Posted: 05:22:04 20/07/2017
See Guitar Hero.

And Tony Hawk.

And being milked doesn't mean you loose quality, if done right. Ask Mr. Mario Mario about that.
---
Bruh
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#17 Posted: 14:51:32 20/07/2017
See Guitar Hero.

And Tony Hawk.

And being milked doesn't mean you loose quality, if done right. Ask Mr. Mario Mario about that.

Given Activision's track record with reboots and the fact that the last two Skylanders games have felt incredibly rushed content-wise (and wasn't Trap Team almost unplayably buggy on one of the consoles? I wanna say original Wii...), I don't have much hope for the quality of a future Skylanders console game if they don't release one by 2019 at the latest.

I have no doubts that they'll make a Skylanders console reboot eventually down the road... I just think it'll be crap, because Activision only cares about cashing in for short-term profits.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#18 Posted: 15:08:10 20/07/2017
That's pretty much it. It's less about milking(nintendofan92 you said that in several posts already we get it), and more that Acti handles milking horribly. They want the profit now, the IP's health be damned. Other companies hold back and give it a break once the sales start looking bad, but Acti will drive something into the ground to squeeze every last drop, then move onto the next thing to kill. It was GH then, Tony Hawk after, Skylanders now.

All one can hope is that a game does well enough in spite of the stupid short term decisions, though Battlecast proved they can ruin even that.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#19 Posted: 18:34:51 22/07/2017
impact skylanders?.. after the spyro adventure, there was no more spyro, so it will do just fine.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me