darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > What's your favourite Skylanders memory?
Page 1 of 1
What's your favourite Skylanders memory?
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#1 Posted: 12:33:26 26/06/2017 | Topic Creator
The forums are looking as dead as the TTL isles in the local shopping centres. But each time I go past Target, or Big W (Australia) it brings back memories of all the fun I've had hunting for new figures with my young sons.

Finding characters was always my favourite part of the series, particularly the restocking of the original SSA wave after the first lot sold out so quickly.

So now that the series appears to be at an end, I'm interested in your favourite Skylanders memory.
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#2 Posted: 13:09:00 26/06/2017
Well it's not at an end yet especially after what Eric Hirshberg said. As for my favourite memory so far, I gotta say hunting for the new waves during swap force those days were great.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:09:21 26/06/2017 by SkyFan91
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#3 Posted: 14:50:38 26/06/2017
Coming to this forum and being told to give the game a chance. A few years back I posted about how Skylanders "killed" Spyro and so fourth, not having seen much footage or how the game works, obviously. I'm glad to say that the posters involved changed my mind without beating me over the head with fanboyism, and treated me far better than I deserved. I'm still critical of Skylanders but for the better founded reasons than "it's not Spyro and I'm not going to judge the game on its own merits".

I'm hoping the memory that tops my first experience with Spyro's Adventure or Swap Force (the latter being so good I couldn't bear to play past the first level in case I be further disappointed; £60 well spent, eh?) is when I try Thumpin' Wumpa Islands.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#4 Posted: 15:02:10 26/06/2017
I can't decide between the first time I put a Skylander on the Portal (was Spyro, by the way) or the first level of SWAP Force: I was blown away by the graphics and the action, not knowing it would have eventually turned out the be one of my least favorite games in the series.

Regarding SWAP Force, I also loved the period between its announcement and the release: full of leaks, showcasings, discoveries and speculations.
Amazing.

My hope is that my favorite memory will become the moment a seventh game will be announced and all this negativity (sorry, "realism") will finally be left behind.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#5 Posted: 15:38:08 26/06/2017
I think that my favourite memory was stumbling on spyro's adventure at my local game store back in 2011.
And trying to find new charcerts before the game release and the speculation was fun too.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#6 Posted: 16:33:00 26/06/2017
The amazing hype party around TT. The fandom had severely increased because of Swap Force, and the bickering had yet to set in. SC was also alright but discovering the villains and the lineup was a lot of fun since we had plenty of leaks, but mostly hard to identify.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:33:17 26/06/2017 by Bifrost
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#7 Posted: 01:15:08 28/06/2017
Probably a tie between Wave 3 of Swap Force because of all the excitement due to the growing fanbase, and getting the Light and Dark expansions for Trap Team after all the gruesome waiting. Honorable mention would have to be finally beating Kaos' Doom Challenge, which is what made Trap Team my favorite Skylanders game.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#8 Posted: 01:55:10 28/06/2017
I thought Breath of the Wild was the game were you collect memories.
---
Bruh
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#9 Posted: 02:09:23 28/06/2017
Mine was the only Spyro Adv figure I needed was Camo. I searched hi and low for months then on a late Friday night early Sat morning 2:45am I found one at a Walmart 20 miles away the lady said she would hold it for 30 mins so I could go buy it. Here is where it gets fun a cop busting drunks in the wee hours of the night thought he would follow me and pull me over yeah right so he followed me for 3 miles then turned around and went after someone else. I got to Walmart 27 mins in and went to the desk and there camo was with my name on it waiting. I drove home and played all night long.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#10 Posted: 02:35:54 28/06/2017
Mine was looking for Wham Shell. Months it was the last one I needed I went looking high and low my local store as soon as they opened every day to no avail. However in a August afternoon me and my dad drove to a a couple of goodwills looking for golf clubs 50 minutes or so from my house. On the way home we stopped at a Walmart to grab something to eat so I decided to check the skylanders and .... nothing however there was a box next to it so I quickly looked to see if anyone was around and just peaked in to find Wham Shell in the front I was so happy my collection was complete at the time. I played for hours that day mastering him in the battle area. good times good times
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#11 Posted: 07:38:53 28/06/2017
When I first got bash my fav Skylander
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
Trighap52 Blue Sparx Gems: 637
#12 Posted: 11:59:20 28/06/2017
When I got swap force one of the best games I ever played
---
Oh we can zoom all the way to the moon from this great wide wacky world, Jump with me, grab coins with me, Oh yeah!
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#13 Posted: 03:37:00 29/06/2017
After getting my but kicked by my nephew, I went home and leveled up, upgraded, and heroic challenged to beef up my characters. I then came back to kick his butt, then let him win the last round with his favorite character.

And of course after hunting, when I finally got my hands on Ninjini.
---
Any last wishes?
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#14 Posted: 04:22:12 29/06/2017
Finding Bronze Tomb Buggy @ Best Buy!
[User Posted Image]
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#15 Posted: 04:46:51 29/06/2017
Trading 3 Amiibos for the code to get my Custom Imaginator Lester.
[User Posted Image]
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
stinkbomb29 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1697
#16 Posted: 13:16:05 29/06/2017
I always enjoyed the hunt and talking to other Skylander enthusiasts about their collections and what they had found!!!

Giants was by far the most fun hunting. It was challenging at times but not t was much more thrilling!! Knowing that we really would get every figure or piece of a new gimmick!!

Long live Skylanders!!!
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#17 Posted: 16:06:41 29/06/2017
My favourite memories are when I first played Spyro's Adventure and Giants with my boyfriend and we collected all the figures for those games.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#18 Posted: 20:59:31 29/06/2017
I have so many:
*Day one of basically every game
*Finding the pack shot of the Imaginators Dark Edition first and being the big star of the day on the forums
*Getting LIM, which was actually today. It was bittersweet, because it may very well be my last Skylander I ever buy. However, at the same time, Ro-Bow is freaking wicked and an awesome Skylander to end to the series on.
*Crash and Cortex and Bowser and DK's announcements.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
sunburnninja Yellow Sparx Gems: 1118
#19 Posted: 18:33:29 30/06/2017
I dont really know what my favorite memory is, but I do have a pretty cool memory. It was back at the end of SSA and I only needed one skylander... Wham Shell (This was before ToysRus threw 100's of wham sheels in a bin a couple of years later). So I as at school talking to my friend we didn't know anyone who owned a wham shell, but we were talking about him and thinking of ways to get it, such as going to stores early and stuff. So after school I got picked up by my mom and she wanted to go to Walmart, while I was there I wated to go to the skylanders isle to see if there was anything new or special, and of course, sitting right in front of me was a Wham Shell, I was the first person I knew or seen on youtube to own a Wham Shell and I was happy about it. xD
---
Subscribe to join Team Sun Today!!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-I9N_yeZJSmhYTDu3lbSyg
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#20 Posted: 18:58:08 30/06/2017
- Finding the Dragon's Peak adventure pack!
- When my Swap Force dark starter pack arrived!
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#21 Posted: 19:02:00 30/06/2017
Find a Variant in the WILD... Rock Zook, Gold/Bronze stink bomb, Silver/Bronze Doom Stone, Pink/Blue Barbella and seeing my sons face when I show him. BUT the best was when he found his own without any help from me (Orange Chain Reaction).
#22 Posted: 21:15:26 30/06/2017
^ You found all those in the wild? Amazing. I've never seen one. Where are you shopping?
---
Any last wishes?
#23 Posted: 21:30:16 30/06/2017
Not knowing Legendary Trigger Happy existed back in SA and being so surprised when I went into TRU to find out they made my favorite character a Legendary. That was a nice one.

Getting the Legendary Light Creation Crystal and an Earth one to make Cy and then going out to breakfast with my mom.

WHEN I GOT FRIGHTFUL FIESTA LIKE THREE WEEKS BEFORE SUPERCHARGERS CAME OUT. I have a friend (he's old enough to be my dad tho lol) that used to work at Gamestop, and he went to an Expo and got it for me. I was so unbelievably surprised when he handed it to me. That's probably my best one.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:48:33 30/06/2017 by Chompy-King257
#24 Posted: 04:58:59 02/07/2017
Today I shipped the Easter variants to Drawdler after she PM'd me offering to ship me LIM in exchange. I was blown away by the kindness. A special shout out to thank this user is in order. This is a bitter-sweet beautiful memory to end the franchise with.

THANKS, DRAWDLER!!!!
---
Any last wishes?
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#25 Posted: 15:25:09 07/07/2017
Giants and Swap Force was absolutely the best time for me in the series. All of the rest of the games are "ok" but lost that magic.
#26 Posted: 19:03:27 07/07/2017
In terms of games, I sort them by the ages I feel like for them the most:

The Beginning Age:
Spyro's Adventure

The Golden Age:
Giants
Swap Force
Trap Team

The Experimental Age:
SuperChargers
Imaginators
---
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#27 Posted: 19:50:28 07/07/2017
Quote: Chompy-King257

The Beginning Age:
Spyro's Adventure

The Golden Age:
Giants
Swap Force
Trap Team

The Experimental Age:
SuperChargers
Imaginators

I quite like that way of putting it! Although I think Spyro's Adventure and Giants are very similar, I find Giants is just polished enough to make it into the Golden Age as you put it. Not sure about Trap Team as I've not played that yet, but I hope it deserves its Golden Age status! If that's the one that introduced Wolfgang, it's the Platinum age. No, no, no, no, no, I've got it: The Bonnetanium age! smilie
#28 Posted: 19:56:44 07/07/2017
Quote: Johnbonne
Quote: Chompy-King257

The Beginning Age:
Spyro's Adventure

The Golden Age:
Giants
Swap Force
Trap Team

The Experimental Age:
SuperChargers
Imaginators

I quite like that way of putting it! Although I think Spyro's Adventure and Giants are very similar, I find Giants is just polished enough to make it into the Golden Age as you put it. Not sure about Trap Team as I've not played that yet, but I hope it deserves its Golden Age status! If that's the one that introduced Wolfgang, it's the Platinum age. No, no, no, no, no, I've got it: The Bonnetanium age! smilie

Yeah, Wolfgang was the third to last boss of Trap Team. He is also playable as a racer in SuperChargers and a Sensei in Imaginators, although you probably known that already.

It's funny because my two favorite games aren't even part of the Golden Age (SuperChargers and Imaginators). I only but them that way because I feel like Giants through Trap Tram was when Skylanders had the biggest fanbase and most positive reviews.
---
Sworn2Skylands Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#29 Posted: 18:34:16 11/07/2017
I have made many wonderful memories in the course of playing Skylanders. Some of my favorites were:

--Completing my collection of all 48 Skylanders in Skylanders: Giants (on March 6th, 2013) and then doing it again with all 80 Skylanders in Skylanders: SWAP Force (on May 31st, 2014).
--Compiling an over 30 page history document that extensively records all of my collecting, game play and miscellaneous experiences in all Skylanders games. (Which made doing this easy. Ha!)
--Getting to play levels and share experiences with my family members.
--Calculating what my portal master rank would have rightfully been if it could have gone above 80 in Skylanders: SWAP Force (which--if memory serves--would have been 117.67 based on the number of stars I collected out of the maximum number possible)
--Getting ideas for comic art I wanted to draw during Skylanders SWAP Force that depicted things you could do in all of the levels that were effective (I gave up on it in a hurry when I realized I hated drawing things small in the panels).
--Discovering I did not want to be a quality assurance tester when I was playing level 2 (Know It All Island) in Skylanders Trap Team like one.
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#30 Posted: 19:28:00 20/07/2017
-Almost everything about Spyro's Adventure. Not only was that a much better time in my life, it was also the only time that hunting for the characters was actually fun, in my opinion. Spyro's Adventure on PS3 was the first game I ever got a platinum trophy on, and it will always be special to me.

-When I was posting some of the SuperChargers upgrade paths from the guide on here. I still wish that I could have done it again with Imaginators, because it really was fun to do.

-I know this is an unpopular opinion, but SuperChargers was a great experience for me, personally, because it didn't have any of the things that made me get burnt out with Trap Team. SuperChargers actually saved my interest in the franchise, despite its own flaws.
---
Strength, courage, and evil
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#31 Posted: 19:47:19 20/07/2017
Despite the overall reception of SC, and my opinion of it, I still had fun. The game itself has problems, but just the rush of waiting until the day after launch for my Digital Owners edition to download, and blazing through the game with my normal collection was a lot of fun.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#32 Posted: 19:48:45 20/07/2017
SF'S reveal was amazing.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#33 Posted: 02:56:30 22/07/2017
My favorite memory was the reveal & launch of Trap Team
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
#34 Posted: 12:25:56 22/07/2017
The day before Imaginators and launch day is my absolute favorite memory of all. I stayed inside, played SuperChargers for the last time in a while, and played my favorite music on a playlist while doing it. Then I watched Godzilla, and went on a walk on a local footpath by the bay. I remember it was a beautiful day, and a really nice and cool temperature. Then the day after that happened, and I remember going into Target and the guys handing me everything as they got them out of the boxes. Then, returning home, and while watching Parks & Recreation, unboxing everything. And then playing the game for about 5 hours.

It was one of the best days of my life.
---
Duke Spike Yellow Sparx Gems: 1669
#35 Posted: 16:32:14 18/08/2017
seeing that commercial on tv as a kid, god i still remember that today
---
Off to be a Globetrotter somewhere else...
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#36 Posted: 04:16:46 19/08/2017
Although I loved the thrill of hunting all of my favorites and playing each game, I'd say my best memory is finding this site and making friends with the guys I know here. May sound a bit corny, but I legitimately am happy to have made friends on the site. smilie
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#37 Posted: 08:12:23 19/08/2017
Giants as a whole.

It was the first video game i had EVER gotten hype for. My parents hand only gotten a 360 and SSA that last christmas, so naturally the months leading up to release were a fun ride.
#38 Posted: 17:24:01 19/08/2017
Giants was a great game and I think it deserves more credit. It's not my favorite but it took real steps from the first one and started to push this series forward to what it is now.
---
#39 Posted: 08:51:08 27/08/2017 | Topic Creator
Today I have purchased the last Skylander and vehicles I needed to finish off my collection. Sad really.

I should point out that I don't own EVERY Skylander. I've never worried about variants. I've only ever aimed for one of each figure whether it was the standard version or the variant didn't matter. I do own quite a few double ups of standard and variants, and I will continue to look for cheap secondhand legendaries from the first two games. But now the excitement of getting a brand new Skylander appears to have finished.

I don't like Superchargers so it took me a while to finish off those last few toys. I only purchased the bare minimum new and the rest have had to be dirt cheap for me to bother with them, but I've managed to find them all for acceptably low prices. I still need a couple of light traps to fill in the last couple of gaps in my trap holder. Once again I haven't worried about getting different trap designs. I think most of my water traps are the same design. As long as there is one for each villain I don't really care what the trap itself looks like.

When I have more time I will take a leaf out of Drawdlers book and write my thoughts on each of the games. I also purchased the 3DS version of Trap Team today for a great price. I now own all the 3DS games except for SC, but no 3DS console yet. Saving that up, along with playing the last couple of Imaginators level packs, for Christmas time when the Skylanders withdrawals really start to kick in. Hard to imagine a Christmas period with no new Skylanders game to play.
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#40 Posted: 00:50:10 30/08/2017
simply playing all the console games is probably my favorite memory thus far, though discovering my favorite characters to use is also a highlight. Hopefully I can accomplish my goal of collecting every unique Skylander soon ( just need Bad Juju, Flarewolf, Buckshot, Trailblazer, Fling Kong, Treadhead, Fist Bump and Flip Wreck ), as that will be a fond memory of accomplishment smilie
#41 Posted: 12:49:54 30/08/2017 | Topic Creator
I've noticed the prices have dropped a lot recently. I think you'll find your missing ones will be pretty good value when you finally come across them.
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#42 Posted: 16:39:01 30/08/2017
I have a few fond memories of the series:

• The lead up to the release of Giants, I wanted to keep my mind blank going into giants, I didn't watch much gameplay and only casually looked at news, I wanted to go in blind. It definitely payed off, when I got the game I was going into the unknown, I knew the gameplay mechanics from the first game but the story, characters and everything just felt fresh, the game was an absolute joy from start to finish. I'm definitely going to be replaying the game soon, it is probably my favourite game in the whole series. When the game released I played it all day and all night, I went to bed at 2am, got up at 6am and just played and played. My total play time with Tree Rex on Giants alone was just over 2,000 hours.

• The 2014/15 lead up to Trap Team and SuperChargers. These were the first releases since me becoming a moderator and I loved trying to stay on top of the news to make sure that the 'everything we know' topic was constantly up to date. During the lead up to Imaginators I was travelling a lot (Accross the UK, US and Japan) so I couldn't quite as easily keep up with the news.

• That first moment of putting a skylanders on a portal (Eruptor) was magical, that day I had got two new games - Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure and Sonic Generations. I was more excited to play Sonic Generations as I'm a massive Classic Sonic fan so played that for an hour. I then put Skylanders into my PS3 and I was blew away, I played it until 3am. The day after I went to France and all I wanted to do is get back and play.
  • Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me