darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Should i get 3ds or lego dimensions
Page 1 of 1
Should i get 3ds or lego dimensions
cookieeater Gold Sparx Gems: 2468
#1 Posted: 19:51:49 15/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Since a new skylanders game isnt coming out this year should i get a 3ds or lego dimensions
---
my fursona is a hot dog
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2 Posted: 19:54:42 15/06/2017
3DS.

get in on that ultra moon
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#3 Posted: 20:00:20 15/06/2017
3DS is a entire console with lots of games of all kinds of genres available, and with many new titles coming out soon, but it's not that far from being abandoned. Can't say when, but the move to the Switch is slowly happening. Lego Dimensions is one single game but chock-full of content, but it might end up like Skylanders someday. Make your joice while thinking about that.
---
Bruh
#4 Posted: 20:08:41 15/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Crash10
3DS is a entire console with lots of games of all kinds of genres available, and with many new titles coming out soon, but it's not that far from being abandoned. Can't say when, but the move to the Switch is slowly happening. Lego Dimensions is one single game but chock-full of content, but it might end up like Skylanders someday. Make your joice while thinking about that.

I already have a switch i may just get a 3ds and wait for a price drop on dimensions
---
my fursona is a hot dog
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#5 Posted: 20:13:59 15/06/2017
If you only have a Wii U and no Xbox/PlayStation, don't get Lego Dimensions. It's a completely unplayable game for me on Wii U, it crashes constantly and is super buggy.
---
Dead
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#6 Posted: 21:11:02 15/06/2017
Really? I played through it on Wii U and I didn't encounter any problems
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#7 Posted: 21:19:36 15/06/2017
Quote: isaac343018s

It's the Year 2 content that seems to be causing problems on Wii U. (Actually, people on all consoles are finding they have to uninstall the game, then do a fresh install with all the patches to solve problems.)

Quote: cookieeater
Since a new skylanders game isnt coming out this year should i get a 3ds or lego dimensions

Just giving you fair warning: this topic is probably gonna get locked when a mod sees it. It's not relevant to Skylanders Imaginators and should probably go in the generic video gaming section of the forums.

That said, neither is really a good investment at this time. As Crash10 already stated, they're ramping down on 3DS releases as things are moving over to the Switch, so unless you're okay with playing games made over the last 5 years and not much new going forward, skip it.

Likewise, Lego Dimensions is great, but it looks like there won't be many (or any) more major releases after wave 10 hits in September. Like with Skylanders, some of the Dimensions sets that came out a while ago are hard to find now and expensive to purchase second hand (though others are literally available at the Dollar Store), and the exclusive Green Arrow and Supergirl figures have been a point of contention within that community.

Both options require additional investment. If you get a 3DS, you're going to need to buy games, which cost $20-40 new. If you get Lego Dimensions, you need to purchase additional character packs to be able to solve puzzles even within the base game, much the same as with the Skylanders games. So if you only have enough money for one or the other, then in your case, I vote neither.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:28:18 15/06/2017 by McMurderpaws
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#8 Posted: 21:23:58 15/06/2017
Quote: McMurderpaws
Quote: isaac343018s

It's the Year 2 content that seems to be causing problems on Wii U. (Actually, people on all consoles are finding they have to uninstall the game, then do a fresh install with all the patches to solve problems.)

Yeah, Year 2 caused problems on every console. On the PS4, Adventure Time had game breaking bugs (for example) for a while and other levels could corrupt saves. Pretty much all of it has been cleaned up though.

Dimensions is a huge amount of content, and the packs can be bought pretty cheap these days - dollar stores often have them. It's a great game, but yeah the choice of those is a New 3DS (not the old model) or the New 2DS model. The New models let you play SNES VC games and have much better frame rates in many games. Hyrule Warriors Legends is basically unplayable on the old model, but great on the new one. Yoshi's Wooly World goes from 30fps to 60fps.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:52:28 15/06/2017 by defpally
#9 Posted: 21:49:24 15/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Thanks for your help guys i am gonna compare prices now

Edit: I think i am gonna get a 3ds and wait for price drops for dimensions
---
my fursona is a hot dog
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:03:59 15/06/2017 by cookieeater
ChopChopz Blue Sparx Gems: 752
#10 Posted: 01:20:20 16/06/2017
Save your money for all those Switch games that were just announced!
---
smilie In loving memory. Was rejected for Imaginators. smilie

"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#11 Posted: 02:32:11 16/06/2017
3DS has one of the best and broadest game libraries of any console so far and it's still expanding. Go for the 3DS!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me