darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > The series is still alive, are you happy about it?
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
The series is still alive, are you happy about it?
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#51 Posted: 07:37:45 22/06/2017
Skylanders should just take a break I mean most Toys to life are almost gone except Lego demesion still running making new character packs

but skylanders should . Rest in my opinion I am a happy fan of skylanders.

But mybe a rest before trying make more. series more smilie;
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 07:39:59 22/06/2017 by sky-dragon
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#52 Posted: 09:13:15 22/06/2017
Quote: sky-dragon
Skylanders should just take a break I mean most Toys to life are almost gone except Lego demesion still running making new character packs

I'm not sure I agree with Toys to Life almost being gone, considering how little competition there was in the first place (between 2007 and 2011, there was only U.B Funkeys that I can find). We've got Lightseekers and Nintendo's Amiibo (not sure what the consensus on those being TTL are), but I fear for the former's longevity. Lego Dimensions seems to be really positively received so I reckon that's got a few more years left in it!

But as for Skylanders, I'd rather it have less emphasis on TTL rather than drop it completely. I think that would be a welcome change even if it was just for a single game. Not sure how well Activision could sell that to people though.

Sorry if this was going off topic! I'm rather new here! smilie
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#53 Posted: 09:26:18 22/06/2017
Quote: Johnbonne
Quote: sky-dragon

I'm not sure I agree with Toys to Life almost being gone, considering how little competition there was in the first place (between 2007 and 2011, there was only U.B Funkeys that I can find). We've got Lightseekers and Nintendo's Amiibo (not sure what the consensus on those being TTL are), but I fear for the former's longevity. Lego Dimensions seems to be really positively received so I reckon that's got a few more years left in it!

But as for Skylanders, I'd rather it have less emphasis on TTL rather than drop it completely. I think that would be a welcome change even if it was just for a single game. Not sure how well Activision could sell that to people though.

Sorry if this was going off topic! I'm rather new here! smilie

Don't forget the dinosaur game xtractaurs that was a toys to life game too were you scan your Dino figures too

Welcome to dark spyro forums
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#54 Posted: 14:02:08 24/06/2017
I think there is a rumor going around that LD is gone now too. Nothing was announced for a year 3 at E3 this year and many people who gwt info from lego are saying its canned so that looks like its gone too after this last wave
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#55 Posted: 14:44:17 24/06/2017
Quote: Skylanders fan
I think there is a rumor going around that LD is gone now too. Nothing was announced for a year 3 at E3 this year and many people who gwt info from lego are saying its canned so that looks like its gone too after this last wave

That's old rumours (which are most likely true)
xboxfanuk Yellow Sparx Gems: 1155
#56 Posted: 13:42:16 26/06/2017
I think toys-to-life has gone mobile. Lightseekers is doing well and they are exclusively mobile. Activision has partnered with a serious player in mobile gaming to make the new Skylanders game, so I would expect something similar to Lightseekers in the way it functions.

I haven't heard if toys for bob was shuttered, that would be the true sign Skylanders is dead.
---
Friend me on Xbox One - GT: Xboxfanuk

Would love to co-op Superchargers.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#57 Posted: 14:37:08 26/06/2017
Quote: xboxfanuk
I think toys-to-life has gone mobile. Lightseekers is doing well and they are exclusively mobile. Activision has partnered with a serious player in mobile gaming to make the new Skylanders game, so I would expect something similar to Lightseekers in the way it functions.

I haven't heard if toys for bob was shuttered, that would be the true sign Skylanders is dead.

It hasn't, if anything we know that they are working on a new project.

Which is most likely not Skylanders-related, but V.V. should be the one working on the next game anyway, unless they are completely out of the franchise.
Might be the Spyro remakes.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#58 Posted: 16:34:41 26/06/2017
TFB supposedly assisted on N. Sane Trilogy(they're on the credits) so they did something this year aside from the asset hack job Level Packs.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#59 Posted: 17:15:48 26/06/2017
Right, forgot about that.
I even thought "that's why N. Sane Trilogy looks so good" when I found it out. smilie

Just kidding, V.V. did an awesome job with it.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#60 Posted: 02:51:31 02/07/2017
that tweet is one saying if you read into it that they are servicing it in other means, basically they are shifting away from the console games and expanding to make cheaper and other ways to make money off the franchise. That's why you'll see more mobile games and the like instead of console releases. I have a feeling toys to life won't be around next year and it's better off that it dies down. It had a great run, but I think everyone here is at burnout and done with it.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#61 Posted: 07:25:13 02/07/2017
Quote: tigerdr
that tweet is one saying if you read into it that they are servicing it in other means, basically they are shifting away from the console games and expanding to make cheaper and other ways to make money off the franchise. That's why you'll see more mobile games and the like instead of console releases. I have a feeling toys to life won't be around next year and it's better off that it dies down. It had a great run, but I think everyone here is at burnout and done with it.

This is rather worrying to me as someone who's just got back into Skylanders and is playing the entire series once over. I mean, I'm far better off because a lot of this is new to me and I've got the games cheapo, but I still want to know about the games' future.

I agree that Skylanders has had a great run, even with its ups and downs, but I doubt the burnout is going to get much better if the games are just shifting to mobile. I think they're great side-games for people who are already into the IP, yet I'm not sure it's going to attract nearly as much people for quite as long, especially if Toys to Life are involved. I've not yet seen if Lightseekers has good audience retention especially with TTL, but if you or anyone here knows how well that's fared it might be a slight indicator of how well a 'core' Skylanders game on mobile could work.

Personally I believe Skylanders would be better off in retirement, or perhaps not have yearly releases rather than mobile games. I think such a finale to the series would leave a bitter taste in people's mouths when it inevitably returns. smilie
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me