Page 1 of 1
Is The Game Worth Buying Now?
warnado745 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3669
#1 Posted: 20:59:03 08/06/2017 | Topic Creator
I've played all of the other five Skylanders games, but decided to take a break with Imaginators. However, now I've been regaining some interest in possibly buying Imaginators. So my question is: Is it worth it to buy the game and a few characters now? I would most likely wait until the games on sale. Thanks in advance for any help.
---
Was here before the dinosaurs
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#2 Posted: 21:01:30 08/06/2017
Is a great game. You should buy it
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#3 Posted: 21:12:15 08/06/2017
Hm yeah why not. We don't know how are the prices changing if the franchise stops, so keep your eyes open for good deals.
---
Bruh
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#4 Posted: 21:19:05 08/06/2017
Definitely buy it.
Can't talk for everyone, but for me it's the game which brought back the joy of playing Skylanders after SuperChargers cooled it off a lot.

Don't expect a great plot, but the fighting is probably the best in the series, has a good balance between combat, puzzles and exploration and it also has a nice replayability, not counting all the Imaginators you can make.
Characters are also mostly good.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#5 Posted: 21:43:48 08/06/2017
Quote: Drek95
Can't talk for everyone, but for me it's the game which brought back the joy of playing Skylanders after SuperChargers cooled it off a lot.

I agree with this 100%.
Corn_Hornet Yellow Sparx Gems: 1982
#6 Posted: 22:06:29 08/06/2017
The portal-owners packs are on sale at Walmart for $14 and change. Link goes to the PS4 version, but all are same price:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sky...ve-PS4/55122194
warnado745 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3669
#7 Posted: 22:45:41 08/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Thank you very much! Is it a necessity to get a character from each element and weapons class?
---
Was here before the dinosaurs
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#8 Posted: 22:47:05 08/06/2017
Quote: warnado745
Thank you very much! Is it a necessity to get a character from each element and weapons class?

If you want to level your Imaginators all the way up to 60 then go right ahead.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#9 Posted: 22:58:32 08/06/2017
Quote: warnado745

There are 10 Elemental Realms, which are optional stages. You need a Sensei of each element to unlock each stage.

You only need a Sensei of each Battle Class if you want to unlock a additional attack option to use on your Imaginators. Each Sensei also unlocks two new customization items and boosts the Imaginators level cap by one.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:59:23 08/06/2017 by Crash10
portal_agent98 Green Sparx Gems: 108
#10 Posted: 04:14:00 09/06/2017
It's a wonderful game, I suggest you get it smilie
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#11 Posted: 04:52:24 09/06/2017
It's a great game
Living Joker Green Sparx Gems: 196
#12 Posted: 15:07:47 09/06/2017
Probably the best game in the series. Definitely the best for customization, and close to the best for gameplay and replayability.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#13 Posted: 17:28:41 09/06/2017
It's a good game, the Imaginators idea is fantastic. The only problem there is is that there is not enough content for all the figures plus Imaginators. You have a great time, but then realize you run out of stuff to do before you run out of character options to use. That doesn't mean it isn't fun, but you don't need a full roster of characters because you will end up with several barely used (which is a shame because the roster is good). Buy yourself a decent variety of elements and battle classes, and several crystals. Find the Adventure Packs on sale to extend your contents, there are 5 additional levels to obtain this way while gaining 6 figures in those packs.
jhamel10 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#14 Posted: 00:57:21 10/06/2017
Yes. Great gae. Amazon has it cheaper too.
---
I'm Bigger and Better not Cheesy like Cheddar!
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#15 Posted: 22:13:40 14/06/2017
Its a pretty bad game but thats just my opinion, you might find it a bit cringe compared to the old games.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
ChopChopz Blue Sparx Gems: 752
#16 Posted: 02:47:50 15/06/2017
save your money for other games

tbh it's just more cool-looking skylanders with gimmicks, and a feature that allows you to create your own characters, which gets super boring after a while. everything else has been like every other game
---
smilie In loving memory. Was rejected for Imaginators. smilie

"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#17 Posted: 03:54:30 15/06/2017
Definitely get it, and get the Crash Bandicoot adventure pack too.
---
Boop me if you see this.
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#18 Posted: 06:01:05 15/06/2017
For me personally, Imaginators is the second best Skylanders game. Definitely worth getting with a few Senseis and some creation crystals.
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#19 Posted: 06:52:06 22/06/2017
I've had a fairly long break from Skylanders, having played little of Giants and less of Swap Force, so I can't go into too many details on how Imaginators compares. To be quite truthful, it is still your run-of-the-mill Skylanders game; great plot, even better sense of humour and virtually the same combat with new bells and whistles. The zones have lost a lot of their magic though, the only ones I've been impressed by so far being Scholarville and the Academy. They're all big and bombastic but the exploration hardly tests you, and the enemy spawning is always predictable.

The Senseis to me just feel like "Giants but with Sky-Chi", and even then they're not as necessary to the gameplay except in the first level where you might need them to progress. The story seems to agree, with Spyro asking Stealth Elf "you know them?" and.... well, that's it as far as their importance goes. At least, that's what I recall. It's a pity given how you've got old villains putting aside their differences for the cause of good like Golden Queen, Dr. Krankcase and Wolfgang, but this isn't given any explanation in this game at all. You're kinda expected to have read the comics or played games prior (the latter not being so bad).
But they're not all bad; where before the elemental gates were infuriating to come across because it twisted the knife of not having the required Skylander, now they're levels of their own. So rather than pay £15 to unlock about 15 minutes of content if you're not going to explore it (not including the Skylander's own progression), you can do that to unlock an entire level. When there's 10 by default (and 2 Sensei realms available out of the Starter Pack), that means you only need 8 more Senseis to open the other 8 levels. So you get 20 large levels, instead of 10 with short routes that require a particular element.

As for the Imaginators, it's quite underwhelming and getting more equipment for them gives a false sense of reward. With the Starter Pack I got a Fire Imaginite Crystal and I made a Swashbuckler, a choice that is irreversible. I didn't realise until many load screens later that the pirate set that would suit that class was found in the Water crystal, and the Swashbuckler doesn't have the cutlasses I would want for it. I was also displeased that I had a naga tail rather than legs the ability to float without the starry tail beneath my character's torso. There is an abundance of chests and the loot that drops from them, and solving puzzles to get even more is even better. It encourages replay value on top of the 3-star rating you can get for levels.

I really don't have any real complaints besides my general fatigue for it. I can only manage to play one level at a time because I like to get all the stuff, even though 'speed runs' can manage them perfectly fine in 8 minutes. It's the slowest 20 minutes I've ever had to suffer, and the character move speed does not help at all. Then again, I am only using the Skylanders that came with the box and I've built my Imaginator around speed where possible (which hasn't helped much).

To be honest now's the best time to get it especially if you have all of your old figures. You'll be getting your typical experience but only this time with all the characters you've enjoyed playing before. The Senseis are out of the way, the Imaginators are fun gameplay-wise (if difficult to decide what your first one will be, and how relevant it will be later down the line), but it complements veterans nicely.

I hope that's given you and any future readers an insight to my experiences thus far, and you decide from there! smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me