darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > EB Games Australia finished with Skylanders
Page 1 of 1
EB Games Australia finished with Skylanders
optimall Yellow Sparx Gems: 1377
#1 Posted: 09:35:11 23/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Talked to EB Games Australia's buying team today and the said that they would no longer be stocking Skylanders at this time.

They said they will revise if any changes in the franchise arise.

Sad day for this collector, I am a level 4 EB Fanatic. I love to walk into a store where they remember your name and keep special figures aside for you. In Big W and Target they just look at you like your an idiot for collecting TOYS.....
---
Join me on line chat.
Search for line ID: skylanderschat
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#2 Posted: 12:02:08 23/05/2017
that's kinda been the gamestops in my area, they don't sell skylanders anymore at all... so i was surprised to see when their website did actually start selling the dark crystal.. Still none of gamestops in my area in the US are selling skylander stuff anymore. Even walmarts in my area stopped selling skylanders.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:02:37 23/05/2017 by Street50
mR_CaESaR Yellow Sparx Gems: 1310
#3 Posted: 12:25:01 23/05/2017
Well that kind of sucks, but it was expected judging from the stock levels they have at each store.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#4 Posted: 13:16:48 23/05/2017
And this is the biggest evidence that future level content/figures will not be coming. Future Plans can say anything to the investors, but if stores aren't ordering stock for the franchise, it isn't going to be happening. They may have planned level packs after the cancel of this year's game, but every store I go into in the US has the Skylander section minimized if not outright eliminated. I went in Gamestop the other day and they had Skylanders (all version) AND Lego Dimensions AND used TTL figures consolidated into a single aisle rack. Best Buy has all non-Amiibo TTL jammed into a small section no bigger than an endcap.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#5 Posted: 13:38:02 23/05/2017
Actually, I think this shows how much of the sales have moved online. Not to say this isn't a bad sign for the future, but I think it's something to keep in mind. I order almost all of the figures online from Amazon now, because I hate driving to a store for 30+ minutes, only to see that they don't have anything I want to buy.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#6 Posted: 13:40:00 23/05/2017
but it doesn't seem like amazon is ordering more stock for imaginators either. You don't see them putting up the three pack crystals anymore.
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#7 Posted: 14:20:17 23/05/2017
In Canada our stock is pretty good! All my Toys R Us' and Eb Games', Best Buy's are always on top of it! Keep in mind this is my area.
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#8 Posted: 14:41:43 23/05/2017
GameStop/EB also started screwing themselves in year 4 by charging $1-2 more per figure than other retailers like Target and Walmart. Most GameStops are in larger retail centers with at least one other store that sells toys or video games within a few hundred yards.
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#9 Posted: 18:36:41 24/05/2017
Best Buy a pitiful selection for Skylanders.
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#10 Posted: 19:57:34 24/05/2017
Well its all coming to an end. Its been a great ride. So long skylanders. RIP my friends.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
#11 Posted: 22:16:59 24/05/2017
Oh boy here we go with the doom and gloom comments
#12 Posted: 22:38:52 24/05/2017
Its not it is what it is.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#13 Posted: 22:39:04 24/05/2017
Quote: SkyFan91
Oh boy here we go with the doom and gloom comments

Hey, hey, this is no longer just anecdotal evidence. A store actually stepped out, even if just on the UK and temporarily. It's kind of a big deal and we don't need a repeat of the rumor thread.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#14 Posted: 00:53:40 25/05/2017
it's not doom and gloom. I've been noticing it also. a Wal-Mart in Buena Park got no restock in crystals, 6 mystery chests and some figures: 4 Tidepools, 4 Blaster-Trons, 3 Grave Clobbers, an Aurora and couple of Tri-Tip.
GameStops, in the US, are doing the same as some of you've mentioned. So far, TRU hasn't got any stock for Tidepool and/or Blaster-Tron. yet they've got more than 5 CTT. but I'm curious what their stock will be for LIM
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
#15 Posted: 03:10:03 25/05/2017
That's... Anecdotal evidence. Not the same as the store actually going "hey we aren't going to put up more Skylanders products".
---
spot Yellow Sparx Gems: 1528
#16 Posted: 11:10:55 27/05/2017
I took my 2 young sons to buy the Lost Imaginite Mines pack today from Big W. Given that this is possibly the last time we will ever go into a store hunting for new Skylanders it was a very nostalgic trip. We reminisced about our favourite finds over the years and how much we loved going through the shops that used to stock them back in the day. Very sad to think we might not ever get to experience that together again.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#17 Posted: 23:23:32 27/05/2017
Oh well they were always more expensive anyways
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#18 Posted: 16:55:43 05/06/2017
My local GameStop just called to tell me they got a shipment of Tidepool and Blaster-Tron in.

This says nothing about the company as a whole or especially in foreign markets, but it is a data point that at least shows they're not completely out of the market yet.
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#19 Posted: 02:54:09 06/06/2017
all 3 of the local stores that carry toys to life figures in my area ( Wal-Mart, Target & Gamestop ) have been slowly getting less & less stock in...heck, my Gamestop never even got any Mystical Bad Juju :/
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#20 Posted: 23:39:40 06/06/2017
I am welcoming the end with open arms. Burned out beyond recognition.
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#21 Posted: 23:59:27 07/06/2017
Quote: TakeYourLemons

Addict
#22 Posted: 11:09:55 08/06/2017
Quote: kaosmumishot

Addict

No, it is more like tired of the frustration of tracking these things down since Activision cannot manage a decent release plan after six years of games. Infinity and Lego had zero issues defining a release schedule which allowed pre-orders for almost every single release. Yet Skylanders fans have been kept in the dark from the first day all the way to right now where we don't even have a clue when we might be able to get Lost Imaginite Islands. It might be tomorrow, it might be a month from now, or it might even go Yawn Trap on us. Who knows.
#23 Posted: 11:39:20 08/06/2017
Quote: defpally

Addict

No, it is more like tired of the frustration of tracking these things down since Activision cannot manage a decent release plan after six years of games. Infinity and Lego had zero issues defining a release schedule which allowed pre-orders for almost every single release. Yet Skylanders fans have been kept in the dark from the first day all the way to right now where we don't even have a clue when we might be able to get Lost Imaginite Islands. It might be tomorrow, it might be a month from now, or it might even go Yawn Trap on us. Who knows.

Lost Imaginite Mines not islands : P
#24 Posted: 11:45:25 08/06/2017
Yawn traps baby
---
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#25 Posted: 23:52:15 08/06/2017
Quote: defpally

Addict

My point is you don't HAVE to buy every character or set. If you're at the point that you're happy for the entire franchise to end because of buyer (or collector) burn out then you're an addict.

This is from a confirmed addict, but one who hopes somehow the series keeps going.
#26 Posted: 12:48:53 09/06/2017
My point is you don't HAVE to buy every character or set. If you're at the point that you're happy for the entire franchise to end because of buyer (or collector) burn out then you're an addict.

This is from a confirmed addict, but one who hopes somehow the series keeps going.

I'm sorry, but blaming the inability of Activision to get this aspect right after 6 years of games on fan expectations isn't going to fly. I'm sorry if us wanting to buy the products is an issue, but that is us holding up our end of the deal - we are providing the demand. This isn't just one release or anything, this has been a constant problem for every Wave after the first one for every game.

Where is RO-BOW in the US? Any idea when he is coming out? Or if he is coming out? What stores? We have nothing to go on. That is not OUR fault. For something you would think would be coming soon, you might think we would have some information.

At some point as a fan, you want to just see it put out of its misery than continue to limp along.
#27 Posted: 13:06:19 09/06/2017
"you don't have to buy every toy" "well Acti should expect it" is not an effective way to change the subject away from the "wanting series to end so you can't buy every toy". Considering their target audience does not buy every toy, you're the ones expecting too much of them after 6 years of disappointment.
---
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#28 Posted: 00:04:48 11/06/2017
Wow... i knew the figures sold bad but not this bad?
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me