darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > With what you know now, if you created your own starter, what's in it?
Page 1 of 1
With what you know now, if you created your own starter, what's in it?
pjc613 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1067
#1 Posted: 04:09:55 20/05/2017 | Topic Creator
I've been waiting to buy Imaginators until the price comes down. It's dropped to $40 at TRU for WiiU (and the other prev gen systems - ps3 and xbox360), but it didn't occur to me until today that I could piece-by-piece it instead. It's not like I need yet another portal, right? (though, as long as we're on the subject, does SI unlock anything if you're using a previous game's portal, like SC did?) Gamestop has the disc used for $10, so I figured if I worked Ebay and any sales right, I could put together my own starter for not much more than the cheapest starter.

What would I want in it? Are King Pen and Golden Queen some of the better ones? I'd probably have the easiest time finding them used since they were in the starters, but if others are much better, that'd be worth a few extra bucks to me. I don't suppose I'd have to start with any one specific element creation crystal.

What I don't really know is the nuances that unlock content in the game. I know that mystery chests exist, and I know that they unlock something (weapons?), but how big a deal is that? What do they unlock that can't be unlocked other ways? I know about the creation crystal reset trick, and I thought I remembered reading that the more creation crystals you have of different battle classes, the more stuff is unlocked. Is there a grid of element and battle class like in Swap Force or something? Anything stopping me from recreating the same crystal of an element to represent each battle class, and doing that for each element creation crystal I have?

All this unlockable content, how much does it influence gameplay? What of it is "just" stat boosts? What of it is actual gameplay options that I'd enjoy?

I understand that the sensei are the trapmasters of this game. Only they are able to enter elemental gates/realms? Have I got that right? Are creation crystal guys allowed entrance if they are of the correct element? i.e. would it be most wise of me to collect creation crystals of different elements than the senseis, or does that not matter?

If I don't end up eventually buying everything (and I hope to yewt I don't), what do I need to know about the game that would affect the purchases I make?

And lastly, is my best bet just to be a big boy, exercise a little restraint, and just wait until any black friday sales?

Thanks all, for any advice.
ZygardePerfecto Green Sparx Gems: 466
#2 Posted: 08:51:08 20/05/2017
I use Grave Clobber quite often, considering his punches pack insane damage; he also has a body slam technique which is indispensable for clearing out smaller, weaker, and just more frail enemies.

Aurora, well she is quite the speedy little thing; her sword attacks are hilariously fast and do just enough damage(BEFORE buff, mind you) to warrant spamming of her primary attack. The only real issue I've had with her is that enemies don't seem too dazed by her attacks; which leads to getting smacked while unleashing the flurry of swords she so kindly and lovingly doles out.

Well that's a few characters I can recommend of the top of my head. Hope it somewhat helps.
---
Salamence is best Dragon.

Fight me.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#3 Posted: 13:54:40 20/05/2017
I would replace King-Pen with Grave Clobber and Golden Queen with Blaster-Tron. I would have kept the Fire Creation Crystal in it.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#4 Posted: 14:05:34 20/05/2017
I'll do them for All the Games

Spyro's Adventure:It's very good,wouldn't change a thing

Giants:Cynder would be replaced with Eruptor

Swap Force:Blast Zone would be replaced with Rubble Rouser, and instead of S3 Stealth Elf, S2 Pop Fizz

Trap Team:Add a Kaos Trap and Magic Trap

Superchargers:Add Stealth Elf's Vehicle

Imaginators:Replace Golden Queen with Chompy Mage
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Xjmmjbn Blue Sparx Gems: 950
#5 Posted: 14:46:37 20/05/2017
I would recommend you watch Buuzer's upgrade path videos to find which sensei you like the most.
The mystery chests aren't really necessary because you get the same imaginite parts through regular gameplay.
The elemental realms do require sensei; imaginators can't open them. Also, there are no elemental gates like in TT and before, just the new elemental realm levels.
---
Call me X, if you will. I've given you all you need to know to find out my true name, but then why am I using a pseudonym?
pjc613 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1067
#6 Posted: 16:54:27 20/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Xjmmjbn

The elemental realms do require sensei; imaginators can't open them. Also, there are no elemental gates like in TT and before, just the new elemental realm levels.

Thanks! Good idea on the upgrade paths videos. If you would, can you tell me what the difference is between element gates and realm levels? Please tell me there's more to them than recent games' elemental gates. By Trap Team it was a joke, especially since you had to buy separate masters just to walk into a room and get a stupid hat. The name "realm" certainly sounds promising, though. There's SO MUCH they could do with the gates/realms idea as far as side-quests are concerned, but it's consistently so generic.
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#7 Posted: 17:57:02 20/05/2017
I'm fine with the Starter the way it is but I'd recommend Tae Kwon Crow and Blaster Tron over anyone.
---
Hahahahaha
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#8 Posted: 21:14:40 20/05/2017
My starter pack will come with Golden queen , Tidepool and Wildstorm .
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5364
#9 Posted: 23:23:08 20/05/2017
All Skylanders at once. Still keeps the original price.
---
Soon.
Xjmmjbn Blue Sparx Gems: 950
#10 Posted: 13:41:54 21/05/2017
Quote: pjc613
Quote: Xjmmjbn

Thanks! Good idea on the upgrade paths videos. If you would, can you tell me what the difference is between element gates and realm levels? Please tell me there's more to them than recent games' elemental gates. By Trap Team it was a joke, especially since you had to buy separate masters just to walk into a room and get a stupid hat. The name "realm" certainly sounds promising, though. There's SO MUCH they could do with the gates/realms idea as far as side-quests are concerned, but it's consistently so generic.

The elemental realms are separate levels that are slightly shorter than the story mode ones. There is one for each element in the MAP, and they each have unique plots and elemental themed enemies, graphics, and game mechanics.
For example, the fire realm takes place inside a volcano where you have to freeze lava to walk on it.
---
Call me X, if you will. I've given you all you need to know to find out my true name, but then why am I using a pseudonym?
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3389
#11 Posted: 16:46:43 23/05/2017
Similarly to starting with SWAP force on how every game has a Dark Starter pack; I am thinking of doing Toys R Us exclusive Legendary Starter Packs for all 6 games to start off with.

SPYRO'S ADVENTURE=smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GIANTS=smiliesmiliesmilie
SWAP FORCE=smiliesmiliesmilie
TRAP TEAM=smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie, Weed Whacker, Legendary Flood Flask, Legendary Spectral Skull
SUPERCHARGERS=smilie, Hurricane smilie, Bone Bash smilie, Legendary Sun Runner, Tomb Buggy
IMAGINATORS=smiliesmilie, Legendary Magic Crystal, Legendary Light Crystal, Legendary Life Crystal
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me