darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > "PvP is the least important thing to our audience"
Page 1 of 1
"PvP is the least important thing to our audience"
Flame58 Blue Sparx Gems: 528
#1 Posted: 11:35:42 18/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote:
PvP is the least important thing to our audience.

This was the lowest priority for our demographic because they just didn't play it as much.

[User Posted Image]

Watch from 5:12 to 8:30. The rest is also interesting. This conference was about Swap Force but I believe it applies to all Skylanders games and might explain why PvP was removed after Swap Force.

---
"Let the flames begin!"
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 13:20:37 18/05/2017
Removing PVP is one thing, but adding nothing else in terms of replay value makes it feel like an excuse. SC's racing barely counts when it's a watered down Mario Kart when MK8 was the price of a few figures at the time.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#3 Posted: 14:21:26 18/05/2017
at least now we know why they removed pvp.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#4 Posted: 15:17:45 18/05/2017
Maybe it wouldn't be least important if you actually brought it back with online support... Just sayin'...
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#5 Posted: 16:11:03 18/05/2017
oh wow. activision really is as stupid as we thought.
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#6 Posted: 16:28:33 18/05/2017
Oh god are we really bringing this up again? We aren't gonna get PVP point,blank and period enough ranting about not having it
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#7 Posted: 16:31:36 18/05/2017
From my experience with other gaming communities, PVP players really are just a vocal minority.

I played the battle mode in Spyro's Adventure and Giants with my roommate's nephews. It was... not good. Characters were extremely unbalanced (Terrafin + digging damage upgrade + spitting baby sharks won every time).

There's no balancing that without massive nerfs across the board, or else changing it so characters play differently in story mode than they do in PVP... and either way, you're going to piss people off to implement a feature that most players won't play more than a handful of times.
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#8 Posted: 16:42:07 18/05/2017
I only want online coop back ...
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#9 Posted: 16:47:04 18/05/2017
Quote: XSparxX

THAT'S what needs to return
#10 Posted: 17:58:17 18/05/2017
Quote: SkyFan91
Quote: XSparxX

THAT'S what needs to return

Even though I've historically only played couch co-op, I would very much like to be able to play future games remotely with my nephews who live on the other side of the country, as they're just getting old enough to appreciate video games. I was definitely excited when they added online co-op to SuperChargers, and very disappointed when they left it out of Imaginators. So yes, definitely agree that online co-op needs to come back.

Also, the Kaos Challenge tower defense mode in Trap Team was pretty good, though strangely it got easier rather than more difficult in the later stages. I'd like to see that brought back and expanded upon in future versions as well.
#11 Posted: 20:31:34 18/05/2017
Still, it's content that keeps players interested and something to always come back to. Imaginators' Realms are only a surprise once, and you can only do Doom Challenge for so long before you know where the important enemy spawns happen(also to not care about the Villain Chest holy **** I needed a lot of deaths to learn). With decent PVP with enough varied content(and not only 4 tracks worth a damn), you never know how a match'll go... Unless you use Bumble Blast or the other OP combinations, of course.
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#12 Posted: 20:45:30 18/05/2017
Focusing on making it more balanced is a must. And also full of content.
---
Bruh
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#13 Posted: 21:29:53 18/05/2017
I used to argue that making it balanced was important, but then I realized... it really isn't.

There are over 700 Pokémon at this point, and the PVP element of the game is HUGE. Like, worldwide tournament huge. And, granted, it's generally the same selection of Pokémon near the top, it doesn't stop folks from enjoying it.

We could have the same thing with Skylanders - sure, there will be a few that will always destroy the competition, but players will still make their own meta game rules to enjoy it.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#14 Posted: 21:51:33 18/05/2017
Quote: Flame58
Quote: AdamGregory03
Maybe it wouldn't be least important if you actually brought it back with online support... Just sayin'...

Online co-op and racing was only used by very few people (even less than PvP in general) and the time and money invested in making it work as smoothly as possible was a waste.

I used to get a ton of people each time started an online race. Guess I'm lucky.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#15 Posted: 22:04:19 18/05/2017
Quote: UncleBob
And, granted, it's generally the same selection of Pokémon near the top, it doesn't stop folks from enjoying it.

Ultra Beasts say hi, as well as ability nerfs and stat changes in every gen that do in fact alter most pokémon at the top. You don't see much Talonflame after they nerfed Gale Wings, for example.

But that's still applicable to Skylanders; the OP guys can get some changes so they're not nearly disgusting to use, and Funny Bone could use not being the laughingstock of the cast, but the middle spots never really need tweaking; any of them can still win if the player knows how to use them. No to mention it's a kids' game; if you really want to have a perfect win streak online, you might want to look elsewhere already. There's no harm in a bit of PVP fun online with this huge of a cast.
---
#16 Posted: 22:36:57 18/05/2017
Some characters are made to be overpowered, so obviously they're gonna be banned on competitive, and a bit of a chance is still possible. That goes for Ultra Pokémon and Elite Skylanders. Simply ban if it's a serious tournament. If not, just allow it.
---
Bruh
#17 Posted: 22:44:04 18/05/2017
Some Ultra Beasts are not banned iirc, but even those pack a punch. Bumble Blast and friends need an overhaul to be remotely fun to fight, though Elites could actually battle each other for some hijinks as they're the same as the regular characters.
---
#18 Posted: 23:48:12 18/05/2017
Yeah, I know it's more about specific characters, but they're just examples. To make PvP work, I'd say we need an overhaul in the cast. Change drastically moves and upgrades, or else it'll just not be fun. Making it like Smash, where you can customize the matches to be competitive and professional or just fun and silly is the way to go, in my opinion. But I don't really know how they can handle the fact a good chunk of the games are about character customization and upgrading. Maybe something like Smash too, where you can use toys to make a customisable version of a character, while you don't need the toy to play normally. Maybe this can even bring players that don't like the toy aspect of the games.
---
Bruh
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#19 Posted: 03:31:28 19/05/2017
What is they made an exclusive PvP, like for Imaginators only? Maybe that would help the imbalance and make designing it easier. But then again, being forward compatible for figures has always been the thing. Probably too many complaints if they did.
---
Any last wishes?
#20 Posted: 03:58:35 19/05/2017
If they really want to bring back PVP, then they need to do it in a way where the individual character doesn't really matter. Something like the water gun fights from Disney Infinity (note: I never played Infinity, just going off what I remember from the trailers).

Maybe a similarly-styled shooting game or a Smash Bros-style platform fighter mode where your PVP abilities are based off of your element, so they only have to balance 10 different "characters" who happen to have a bunch of alternate "skins" (i.e., the individual Skylander models).
#21 Posted: 17:03:50 19/05/2017
Quote: Wishblade
What is they made an exclusive PvP, like for Imaginators only? Maybe that would help the imbalance and make designing it easier. But then again, being forward compatible for figures has always been the thing. Probably too many complaints if they did.

I would say the best is making Imaginators have a mode on its own.
---
Bruh
#22 Posted: 19:41:39 19/05/2017
Imaginators Royale would be a cool idea. You enter your Imaginator and fight other people's around the world.
---
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#23 Posted: 06:01:51 20/05/2017
The best times my family had with skylanders was on the first two games doing PvP. I just remember Swap Force being chock full of goodness. It felt like a dial in after that.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:02:42 20/05/2017 by TakeYourLemons
ZygardePerfecto Green Sparx Gems: 466
#24 Posted: 08:24:05 20/05/2017
Quote: TakeYourLemons
The best times my family had with skylanders was on the first two games doing PvP. I just remember Swap Force being chock full of goodness. It felt like a dial in after that.

My best times were spent dominating my friend with Slam-Bam.
---
Salamence is best Dragon.

Fight me.
#25 Posted: 13:35:28 20/05/2017
Well, I never played Battle Mode because I never had anyone to play it with.
I mean, if I did I certainly would have played it more, but I wish there was a computer player option or something.
---
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#26 Posted: 13:54:20 20/05/2017
Quote: Chompy-King257
Well, I never played Battle Mode because I never had anyone to play it with.
I mean, if I did I certainly would have played it more, but I wish there was a computer player option or something.

That would be cool , because most of the people that I know aren't really interested in skylanders so at least I will have the computer to battle !!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me