First | Previous | Page 6 of 7 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
*RUMOR* Lightcore Senseis leak [CLOSED]
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#251 Posted: 15:11:08 12/05/2017
Quote: Buuzer
Quote: defpally

Well, we have an adventure pack announced for the 2017 Q4, so...

When was this adventure pack announced? The only thing we have is hopeful conclusions from an Activision future plan that has many times in the past proven to be less than reliable for actual releases.

Here:
[User Posted Image]

That is not even close to an "announcement". Activision does those for investors, you know what else has appeared on those "Future Plans" in the past? Starcraft Ghost. "Diablo Expansion 2". "Diablo Expansion 3". And several other games that never saw the light of day. I wouldn't bet your life on anything in there, especially for anything that is more than a couple quarters out. It's just red meat to placate the investors and show how much they have potentially coming out in the future.

When they do a press release about it, I'll believe it.
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#252 Posted: 15:27:14 12/05/2017
Someone sounds negative smilie^
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#253 Posted: 15:48:02 12/05/2017
Someone sounds unreasonable. Defpally's argument isn't making anything up. However, with Skylanders, we never know - we didn't get a press release for this wave, only before, and we got one for Thrillipede, and we all know what happened. 100% a gamble and it's best just to wait and see but not make any preparations.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#254 Posted: 16:01:16 12/05/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Someone sounds unreasonable. Defpally's argument isn't making anything up. However, with Skylanders, we never know - we didn't get a press release for this wave, only before, and we got one for Thrillipede, and we all know what happened. 100% a gamble and it's best just to wait and see but not make any preparations.

He isn't gonna get a press release until Activision reveals it and he shouldn't expect it before they reveal it
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#255 Posted: 16:03:13 12/05/2017 | Topic Creator
oh dear god sf91 dont start this
#256 Posted: 16:11:52 12/05/2017
^You just repeated what I said, man.

Well, I was going to bring the topic of the Artstation screenshots here yesterday, but Drek's analysis of the pictures made it pretty obvious they're from LIM. Not going to get any surprises today unfortunately.
---
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#257 Posted: 16:23:25 12/05/2017

Well, I was going to bring the topic of the Artstation screenshots here yesterday, but Drek's analysis of the pictures made it pretty obvious they're from LIM. Not going to get any surprises today unfortunately.

And new screenshots of the supposed LIM level released...
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
#258 Posted: 16:24:14 12/05/2017

We got more?
#259 Posted: 16:27:32 12/05/2017
Quote: SkyFan91

We got more?

Yeah, go in General Discussion Topic.
---
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#260 Posted: 21:26:05 12/05/2017
Here's what I think we could get with lightcores:

Magic - Mysticat (Glowing staff and eyes)
Water - Tidepool (Glowing eyes and shot from squid gun)
Tech - Ro-Bow (Glowing eye)
Life - Ambush (Eyes and sword glow)
Fire - Flare Wolf (Flames and explosion from his bazooka glow)
Earth - Barbella (Ends of her staff glow)
Air - Air Strike (Birdie's eyes and his fist glows)
Undead - Chopscotch (Her eyes and her axeblade glow)
Light - Aurora (Pearl on her helm glows. Maybe her swords too)
Dark - Starcast (Glows from within his chest)

That way, we get one of each element and class.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#261 Posted: 23:47:46 12/05/2017

He isn't gonna get a press release until Activision reveals it and he shouldn't expect it before they reveal it

And no one should expect that "Future Plan" to be any sort of "confirmation" another Adventure Pack is coming. For all we know it could have been a typo and mean Lost Imaginite Mines. You notice there is nothing in there for LIM or CTT, despite falling within the window of the chart.

I love Skylanders, and would enjoy a new level pack or more wishfully, an expansion story game. I do not look forward to more figures without an expansion story, as I don't think Imaginators has enough content to support more than maybe a couple more figures unless it is more than just a single level. And releasing more figures without new content would pretty much seal the coffin on the franchise. Lightcores of existing figures aren't going to sell enough to make it worthwhile.

Remember if they release stuff and it tanks, that just pushes the franchise off the cliff. Retailers don't like being burned with stuff they have to clearance out, and they have long memories. I'd be happier if they just stopped right after LIM, then left open the possibility of the franchise coming back in a few years in some form. Since TTL is pretty much done for, a digital game with characters as cheap DLC might be cool.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:49:06 12/05/2017 by defpally
#262 Posted: 00:18:10 13/05/2017
Quote: Chompy-King257

Pretty accurate
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#263 Posted: 01:03:15 13/05/2017
I highly doubt it's a typo.
As you said Cursed Tiki Temple wasn't mentioned there either, yet it got released, so I don't see why Lost Imaginite Mines wouldn't follow the same route and be released by the end of this month.

I know we haven't got any official screenshot or pack-shot yet but, come on, it's not like it's the first time we know nothing about certain figures and they suddendly start popping around (and this time we do know something).

So no, I don't think think they would put a Q4 Adventure Pack there without it being something relevant; which could totally be Lost Imaginite Mines if it doesn't start to get released when it should, but for now I'll believe in the possibility of more new content by the end of the year (obviously taking in account everything already said in this topic as well).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#264 Posted: 01:26:25 13/05/2017
Also, Skylanders Academy Season 2, with the spoilery spoiler content I will not reveal(but warn that the General Discussion on that section makes NO attempt to hide). As much as Acti could be willing to torch the franchise and run, they can't back out of that and S3, so it's possible they'll try SOMETHING as a tie-in; Cursed Tiki Temple with Cynder is already making it a possibility.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:27:21 13/05/2017 by Bifrost
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#265 Posted: 11:38:06 13/05/2017
Also, Skylanders Academy Season 2, with the spoilery spoiler content I will not reveal(but warn that the General Discussion on that section makes NO attempt to hide). As much as Acti could be willing to torch the franchise and run, they can't back out of that and S3, so it's possible they'll try SOMETHING as a tie-in; Cursed Tiki Temple with Cynder is already making it a possibility.

I swear if we get a tie in AP for what's gonna happen in Season 2 I will freak out man
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#266 Posted: 13:37:36 13/05/2017
Daily reminder that 4chan provided a leak about Skylanders Imaginators on Switch:
[User Posted Image]
We can trust, sometimes, 4chan leaks.
I still think that leak is true after all.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:37:49 13/05/2017 by Buuzer
#267 Posted: 13:41:15 13/05/2017
4chan is not a single entity.
---
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5336
#268 Posted: 13:55:58 13/05/2017
It's a double edged sword. Anonymous members on 4chan have released plenty of leaks which turned out to be true for all kinds of games, but the opposite can be said as well.

What I find it be interesting is the the Skylanders franchise is certainly not popular. Especially with 4chan's Videogame board to which this 'leak' was posted. The threat only garnered one reply before it was archived. 4chan seems like the wrong place to make up a fake leak to get attention for Skylanders. It's a miracle the fanbase even caught it in the first place.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
#269 Posted: 14:44:06 13/05/2017
Apparently there's a new Skylanders book coming this fall but no image was shown yet. PM9351 made a video about it
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:44:25 13/05/2017 by SkyFan91
#270 Posted: 15:14:09 13/05/2017
Well, it's not just the 4chan post.
Wouldn't be as convinced if it were just for that.

Is the fact it also has a pretty legitimate photo and the very close Instagram post from that woman and the fact Yroc commented in a rather cryptic way about it, instead of simply debunking the whole thing.
There's the Q4 Adventure Pack as well, but I wouldn't include it in this situation unless it turns out to be a huge thing revealed at E3.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Flame58 Blue Sparx Gems: 528
#271 Posted: 20:56:16 13/05/2017
The fact the picture of Barbella does not seem to have been photoshopped means nothing in my opinion, since the figure could be a custom made by someone at the studio for fun.
---
"Let the flames begin!"
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#272 Posted: 21:29:47 13/05/2017
A custom that looks both incredibly professional, and uses Lightcore tech is something that's even more unbelievable than there being a season 2.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#273 Posted: 23:11:54 13/05/2017
Yeah, I find it funny how the reasons behind this being fake are starting to become less likely then those regarding its legitimacy.

I'm not saying it's true (and yes the image being real is not an automatical confirmation) but would it really be that hard to believe?
Activision knew V.V. would have been busy, so why not prepare a back up plan to keep fans busy until the next game?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#274 Posted: 23:51:28 13/05/2017
Quote: Drek95
Yeah, I find it funny how the reasons behind this being fake are starting to become less likely then those regarding its legitimacy.

I'm not saying it's true (and yes the image being real is not an automatical confirmation) but would it really be that hard to believe?
Activision knew V.V. would have been busy, so why not prepare a back up plan to keep fans busy until the next game?

Exactly!
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#275 Posted: 23:56:24 13/05/2017
Imagine if this whole time, it actually was just some guy with a really good custom.
---
Soon.
#276 Posted: 23:59:00 13/05/2017
Quote: emeraldzoroark
Imagine if this whole time, it actually was just some guy with a really good custom.

People do Lightcore customs, but as people said, the legs can't be altered that much and still look normal. Either someone has the 3D model for printing or it's from their offices.
---
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#277 Posted: 01:26:11 14/05/2017
Quote: emeraldzoroark

People do Lightcore customs, but as people said, the legs can't be altered that much and still look normal. Either someone has the 3D model for printing or it's from their offices.

Only a resin 3D printer could do something that good. A normal extrusion based 3D printer would leave obvious lines/layers, noticeable even at low qualities in the dark.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#278 Posted: 03:43:45 14/05/2017
Pretty much what PM9351 said
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#279 Posted: 06:55:07 14/05/2017
Quote: Chompy-King257

I see Ember being the most likely fire element Lightcore Sensei....blades on her weapon could glow, but mainly it's the flames that comprise her lower body *also still really wishing for an Ember variant with blue flames*
Punch_Potion_X Blue Sparx Gems: 894
#280 Posted: 07:58:44 14/05/2017
I'd also like to see Ember being a Lightcore. Being an overall good character with some pretty cool moves, plus lightcore, gives me another reason to buy her. Especially since I still haven't bought a Sentinel yet.

That begs the question?

Since we basically have confirmation of Barbella, will they double up on battle classes?
The only reason I'm saying this, is because we're supposedly getting a smaller roster (8 returning senseis [excluding light and dark] and 10 new senseis is my guess), and I think they'd like to keep everything even.

I also think Flarewolf would look amazing too, with his flaming bazooka.
---
Skylanders Ring of Heroes.
Will (hopefully) only require pockets half as deep
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:59:56 14/05/2017 by Punch_Potion_X
LordElohim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#281 Posted: 10:49:31 14/05/2017
Quote: Punch_Potion_X
I'd also like to see Ember being a Lightcore. Being an overall good character with some pretty cool moves, plus lightcore, gives me another reason to buy her. Especially since I still haven't bought a Sentinel yet.

That begs the question?

Since we basically have confirmation of Barbella, will they double up on battle classes?
The only reason I'm saying this, is because we're supposedly getting a smaller roster (8 returning senseis [excluding light and dark] and 10 new senseis is my guess), and I think they'd like to keep everything even.

Where did you get info about what we are "supposedly" getting. Where have you seen the term "smaller roster," or anything that indicates anything beyond "Q4 Adventure Pack," Krakatoa, Void, and Barbella if she is real? Also, if we are getting new figures, there is no way we are getting 8 and 10 without some significant number of other Adventure Packs, in a game that everyone is long finished with.
---
Hail Sithis
#282 Posted: 12:30:20 14/05/2017
Quote: LordElohim
Quote: Punch_Potion_X

That begs the question?

Where did you get info about what we are "supposedly" getting. Where have you seen the term "smaller roster," or anything that indicates anything beyond "Q4 Adventure Pack," Krakatoa, Void, and Barbella if she is real? Also, if we are getting new figures, there is no way we are getting 8 and 10 without some significant number of other Adventure Packs, in a game that everyone is long finished with.

We aren't sure how much new Senseis were getting so for now we're just saying its a small roster
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#283 Posted: 16:29:56 14/05/2017
Quote: Flame58
The fact the picture of Barbella does not seem to have been photoshopped means nothing in my opinion, since the figure could be a custom made by someone at the studio for fun.

I was thinking it might be a prototype. Needs more confirmation. I don't think lightcores would be a wise business decision. New figures sell better than reposes, right?
---
Any last wishes?
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#284 Posted: 21:26:41 14/05/2017
We aren't sure how much new Senseis were getting so for now we're just saying its a small roster

The real answer is: This is just speculation around a picture of Barbella in a different pose that seems legitimate and an unconfirmed claim by a random anonymous user on 4chan saying we will get new characters.
---
bye
#285 Posted: 21:54:48 14/05/2017
Quote: newkill

The real answer is: This is just speculation around a picture of Barbella in a different pose that seems legitimate and an unconfirmed claim by a random anonymous user on 4chan saying we will get new characters.

You've been very negative for the past week I can see why.

You don't want a year 2
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#286 Posted: 22:30:46 14/05/2017
Quote: newkill

You don't want a year 2

Ok, I've been trying to give you the benefit of the doubt because you're young and I sympathize with that but... you're an idiot if you believe that ANYONE here doesn't want this franchise to continue on. ALL NEWKILL IS SAYING IS THAT THEY FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE BECAUSE IT'S A SHADY 4CHAN POST THAT HASN'T BEEN PROVEN BY ANYTHING OF SUBSTANCE!

Please stop acting like this dark ass image is irrefutable proof. It's sad.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#287 Posted: 22:32:52 14/05/2017
Not everything is white or black. The fact me and others are not jumping to the conclusion we are getting new characters/reposed Senseis and keeping a realistic mindset does not mean we are against getting anything new later this year.

I know you perceive this as negativity, but there needs to be a balance between people who believe we are 100% getting something new based on no hard evidence, and those who insist that the information we have so far is just speculation or fake. Otherwise, the community gets dragged into believing we are getting something later this year, only to be disappointed if that does not end up being the case.
---
bye
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#288 Posted: 22:47:42 14/05/2017

You don't want a year 2

We've just reached a new level of idiocy.
---
Bruh
#289 Posted: 22:49:47 14/05/2017
Okaaaaaaaaayyyyy then
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#290 Posted: 22:54:18 14/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Ugh. typical matt.

ANYWAYYYYYYYYYY

Let's just keep holding out
#291 Posted: 22:59:46 14/05/2017
Y'all should go watch PM9351's new video it's great but if some of you are infinity fans then don't watch it then I guess. But if you're like me in sure you'll enjoy it
#292 Posted: 23:07:10 14/05/2017
Y'all should go watch PM9351's new video it's great but if some of you are infinity fans then don't watch it then I guess. But if you're like me in sure you'll enjoy it

Christ man, why do you just want to be the last post on this thread for as long as you can? I'm so sorry to get this harsh but it's been, what, 10+ posts where you're either promoting a video(which until we get actual news is not necessary and this one is offtopic), responding with "oh you're too negative" without giving a reason or repeating what you/someone else said adding nothing to the discussion. And no, gems aren't awarded per post so it can't be that either.

Please man, most of us would enjoy this being true, but you're making me want it to not be if it'll make you stop bumping this every 20 minutes or so. It's seriously getting annoying to look for new posts only to see nothing of value.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:08:38 14/05/2017 by Bifrost
#293 Posted: 23:15:26 14/05/2017

Christ man, why do you just want to be the last post on this thread for as long as you can? I'm so sorry to get this harsh but it's been, what, 10+ posts where you're either promoting a video(which until we get actual news is not necessary and this one is offtopic), responding with "oh you're too negative" without giving a reason or repeating what you/someone else said adding nothing to the discussion. And no, gems aren't awarded per post so it can't be that either.

Please man, most of us would enjoy this being true, but you're making me want it to not be if it'll make you stop bumping this every 20 minutes or so. It's seriously getting annoying to look for new posts only to see nothing of value.

I don't care about gems. And as for telling everyone to watch a video, I'm just helping a friend out by promoting his new videos. Is that so wrong? And no I don't want to be the last post on every thread because tbh if I wanted that, I'd do it a whole lot more then it is now but I won't
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#294 Posted: 23:22:06 14/05/2017
And as for telling everyone to watch a video, I'm just helping a friend out by promoting his new videos. Is that so wrong?

I think this is prohibited by the rules of the forum. Even if not, you should at least post somewhere else and at least link the video. Few people will watch it if you don't directly link it here.
---
Bruh
#295 Posted: 23:30:12 14/05/2017
People have gotten in trouble before if the advertising was too obvious or frequent. Dunno about wrong, ethical, etc, I just know it's really annoying and I think people would enjoy talking more if it didn't happen. Nothing personal.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:30:35 14/05/2017 by Bifrost
#296 Posted: 23:38:42 14/05/2017
SkyFan91 Advertising is against the rules, I can tolerate one time but not frequently, sorry.
---
#297 Posted: 23:39:56 14/05/2017
People have gotten in trouble before if the advertising was too obvious or frequent. Dunno about wrong, ethical, etc, I just know it's really annoying and I think people would enjoy talking more if it didn't happen. Nothing personal.

Hmn well then. Didn't know you could get in trouble for something like that. Alright then I'll stop Saying on here for everyone to check out a new video from a friend. Aside from that, it's time to get back on topic
#298 Posted: 23:51:03 14/05/2017
Thank you. Well, on topic, pretty odd that Acti has a booth on E3 but hasn't announced anything yet. You'd think the !!!111!hoip!11! over the new CoD woul warrant that but they might throw together their releases with Sony and other conferences again.

And this time I'm not even going to bother if it's past midnight in my timezone. All that waiting on the Sony conference for the Crash reveal to be tucked in right after I gave up and fell asleep...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:51:33 14/05/2017 by Bifrost
#299 Posted: 00:00:21 15/05/2017
Thank you. Well, on topic, pretty odd that Acti has a booth on E3 but hasn't announced anything yet. You'd think the !!!111!hoip!11! over the new CoD woul warrant that but they might throw together their releases with Sony and other conferences again.

And this time I'm not even going to bother if it's past midnight in my timezone. All that waiting on the Sony conference for the Crash reveal to be tucked in right after I gave up and fell asleep...

I believe last year they announced what they were bringing to E3 2016 was the week before E3 went underway. Not sure if that was the case though since that's what I remember
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#300 Posted: 00:01:54 15/05/2017
So uhhh just wanted to ask

Would we be getting more imaginite crystals in year 2
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
First | Previous | Page 6 of 7 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me