darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Toys for Bob hiring Exec Producer, Art Director Software & Network Engineers
Page 1 of 1
Toys for Bob hiring Exec Producer, Art Director Software & Network Engineers
ImDoubleTrouble Gold Sparx Gems: 2435
#1 Posted: 13:18:31 25/04/2017 | Topic Creator
It would appear Toys for bob are looking for a new Executive Producer and Art Director.
The jobs were posted on 24th April 2017, so yesterday from date of posting here. Hmm, seems a new project could be underway...
http://jobs.gamasutra.com/comp...ctivision-11-22
EDIT: It appears another two job listings have been posted on 26th April 2017.
---
smilie Ooga BOO! smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:25:20 26/04/2017 by ImDoubleTrouble
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#2 Posted: 01:41:34 26/04/2017
Personally I think that them doing a new Skylanders game for 2018 and Imaginators year 2 in 2017 they need more employees
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#3 Posted: 01:49:39 26/04/2017
To me this either means:
A ) Skylanders 7 is indeed being worked on. (Unlikely, but hopeful)
B ) Classic Spyro remakes, similar to the N. Sane Trilogy.
C ) Something completely different or a brand new series.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:49:52 26/04/2017 by AdamGregory03
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#4 Posted: 02:11:03 26/04/2017
Quote: SkyFan91
Personally I think that them doing a new Skylanders game for 2018 and Imaginators year 2 in 2017 they need more employees

There's an 85 percent chance that this "year 2" you speak of isn't happening.

- -

But hey, good for TFB!

And.. you guys do know that Sky 7, if it does happen, will be done by VV? They trade off now.
#5 Posted: 02:34:46 26/04/2017
Quote: ZapNorris

There's an 85 percent chance that this "year 2" you speak of isn't happening.

- -

But hey, good for TFB!

And.. you guys do know that Sky 7, if it does happen, will be done by VV? They trade off now.

85% how?
ImDoubleTrouble Gold Sparx Gems: 2435
#6 Posted: 13:15:17 26/04/2017 | Topic Creator
Another two job listings added today!
This time for a Software Engineer to work with Unreal Engine & aSenior Network Software Engineer. The platforms listed only state PS4 and Xbox One so that's rather interesting too, no switch or past gen for whatever it is, of course that could change.
---
smilie Ooga BOO! smilie
#7 Posted: 13:51:30 26/04/2017
Quote: ImDoubleTrouble
Another two job listings added today!
This time for a Software Engineer to work with Unreal Engine & aSenior Network Software Engineer. The platforms listed only state PS4 and Xbox One so that's rather interesting too, no switch or past gen for whatever it is, of course that could change.

PS4 for the win! smilie
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#8 Posted: 15:38:55 26/04/2017
If theres no Nintendo consoles listed then I'm doubting its Skylanders. The Nintendo audience is Skylander's biggest money maker. Not releasing it on Nintendo consoles is a bad idea.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#9 Posted: 15:44:09 26/04/2017
Whatever they may be working on, i hope it turns out well
#10 Posted: 15:44:42 26/04/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
If theres no Nintendo consoles listed then I'm doubting its Skylanders. The Nintendo audience is Skylander's biggest money maker. Not releasing it on Nintendo consoles is a bad idea.

Wii U isn't gonna be around forever ya know. Also, it probably won't be on the switch due to its problems and because there isn't a portal. After all it's not really toys to life without a portal
#11 Posted: 15:49:21 26/04/2017
Wii u is already dead pretty much and despite the Switch ports flaws, its still good and it WAS rushed. If there are more Skylabders games, Acti WILL make sure its on Nintendo consoles.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#12 Posted: 15:52:58 26/04/2017
well mabey they will make for switch, or mabey they already have someone to hundle the switch.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#13 Posted: 15:55:54 26/04/2017
I'll still stick to my PS4 since I'm a PlayStation fanatic. Then whenever PS5 comes I'll go on over to that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:56:10 26/04/2017 by SkyFan91
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#14 Posted: 22:06:48 26/04/2017
Any and all speculation aside, there's not a lot of folks in the industry who have a background of working with the Switch's online features - if I were planning a multi-platoform game, I'd expect to have someone with lots of experience with XBO and PS4, and would expect them to learn Switch from there.
#15 Posted: 22:18:59 26/04/2017
Quote: UncleBob
Any and all speculation aside, there's not a lot of folks in the industry who have a background of working with the Switch's online features - if I were planning a multi-platoform game, I'd expect to have someone with lots of experience with XBO and PS4, and would expect them to learn Switch from there.

The good thing is that a multitude of developers say Switch id easy to work with.
---
#16 Posted: 15:43:06 27/04/2017
Found this article http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/...al-engine-4.htm not in English but I translated it and it doesn't really say much but here it is:
Toujours associés à Activision, les jeux à figurines Skylanders sont en fait développés par le studio ... More

Always associated with Activision, the Skylanders figurines are in fact developed by the studio Toys ...
More

Feedback
Always associated with Activision, the Skylanders figurines are in fact developed by the studio Toys For Bob since the episode Spyro's Adventure. In spite of the beautiful fall of this kind of titles having led in particular to the death of Disney Infinity, the small American firm seems always on the rails. little web crawlers did not take long to spot a handful of very interesting job postings published on the official website of Toys for Bob. We discover that the studio is currently looking for several employees with the Unreal Engine 4 to work on the "next generation" of games. Until then, nothing extraordinary, but it is mentioned that development skills on consoles and PCs are required.In case this is a Skylanders game, it would be a first on our computers and under Unreal Engine 4 for the license. Anyway, Toys for Bob is talking about a future "games as a service" playable to several online, which leaves the door open to many possibilities. Hopefully we can soon learn more about this mysterious production.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:43:43 27/04/2017 by SkyFan91
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#17 Posted: 15:53:29 27/04/2017
Found this article http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/...al-engine-4.htm not in English but I translated it and it doesn't really say much but here it is:
Toujours associés à Activision, les jeux à figurines Skylanders sont en fait développés par le studio ... More

Always associated with Activision, the Skylanders figurines are in fact developed by the studio Toys ...
More

Feedback
Always associated with Activision, the Skylanders figurines are in fact developed by the studio Toys For Bob since the episode Spyro's Adventure. In spite of the beautiful fall of this kind of titles having led in particular to the death of Disney Infinity, the small American firm seems always on the rails. little web crawlers did not take long to spot a handful of very interesting job postings published on the official website of Toys for Bob. We discover that the studio is currently looking for several employees with the Unreal Engine 4 to work on the "next generation" of games. Until then, nothing extraordinary, but it is mentioned that development skills on consoles and PCs are required.In case this is a Skylanders game, it would be a first on our computers and under Unreal Engine 4 for the license. Anyway, Toys for Bob is talking about a future "games as a service" playable to several online, which leaves the door open to many possibilities. Hopefully we can soon learn more about this mysterious production.

i know that it can be allso other games but can you imagine how cool skylanders will be in unreal engine 4?. mabey if there will be sky7...
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#18 Posted: 15:59:22 27/04/2017
Quote: omer1698

More

Feedback

i know that it can be allso other games but can you imagine how cool skylanders will be in unreal engine 4?. mabey if there will be sky7...

It would be great! Sky 7 will come out faster then Kingdom Hearts 3 LOOOOL
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:59:46 27/04/2017 by SkyFan91
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#19 Posted: 16:17:45 28/04/2017
Quote: omer1698
can you imagine how cool skylanders will be in unreal engine 4?

Honestly, a UE4 Skylanders wouldn't look very different from what it looks like now. They have an art style that they want to (and should) stick with. Maybe you'd see some additional lighting effects that aren't in the current games, but that's about it.

However, licensing an engine means less development time, since the team only has to modify it (as opposed to creating a new engine from scratch), letting them focus more on content development. It'd likely also run smoother and be easier to port between consoles.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#20 Posted: 20:43:34 28/04/2017
And ofc people think this means Skylanders 7...
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#21 Posted: 20:51:44 28/04/2017
Skylanders 7 is pretty much inevitable up until Activision cancels it publicly. Definitely not in 2017, likely (though not 100%) in 2018, almost certainly eventually... until we hear otherwise.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#22 Posted: 22:10:55 28/04/2017
I mean, there's a big chance of revitalizing the franchise sometime in the future. However, I won't expect something good, taking the revitalization of Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk into consideration.
---
Bruh
#23 Posted: 23:12:03 28/04/2017
Quote: Kevin16
And ofc people think this means Skylanders 7...

It can you never know
#24 Posted: 23:53:40 28/04/2017
Quote: Crash10
I mean, there's a big chance of revitalizing the franchise sometime in the future. However, I won't expect something good, taking the revitalization of Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk into consideration.

Oh, I agree. I only said it was inevitable; I make no comment on the quality of future games cashing in on the current series' good will. smilie
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#25 Posted: 19:30:10 30/04/2017
description too dinstect to be a skylanders game like

why Ureal engin 4 instead of the alchemy engin
why: ps4 and xbox only but no switch
why new art direction?

It definitly a new game mabe even an spyro trilogy remake
---
THE END IS NEAR
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me