Page 1 of 1
PS4 Question
Couragefan09 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3392
#1 Posted: 23:10:02 15/04/2017 | Topic Creator
My PS4 bugged out and had to be reformatted. I didn't have anything backed up and lost all my save files. I'm not too sad about losing my Imaginators save because I haven't played it much yet, but I wanted to know if I've lost all the parts I've gained so far and if I'll need to scan all my Skylanders back in again. I thought this stuff was saved to your profile and is universal to that account but I'm not sure. I don't even mind losing the parts I collected so far but it's going to be huge pain if I have to scan all my Skylanders into the game again.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#2 Posted: 23:20:11 15/04/2017
if you have ps+ your save will be saved to the cloud.. next time dont turn it off before it actually have shutdown.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#3 Posted: 23:40:16 15/04/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: CountMoneyBone
if you have ps+ your save will be saved to the cloud.. next time dont turn it off before it actually have shutdown.

I don't have ps+ and what actually happened was that my controller de-synced while I was playing a game and all I could do was shut the system off. When I turned it back on, it sat on a black screen for over ten minutes so I turned it off and on again and that time it told me the PS4 couldn't start and needed to be reinitialized. I only really lost three games worth of saves that I'm truly sorry to have lost but I'm going to make an effort to back things up after this. When it comes to consoles failing like this, I'm mostly used to my older consoles having memory cards or the save is on the cartage for the DS and 3DS. Outside of the PS4, my Xbox 360 is the only other one at risk of something like this. I'm not entirely used to needed to back up data on consoles like a PC yet.
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#4 Posted: 02:26:21 16/04/2017
Sorry to hear that but you will need to make a new file and rescan everything if you want them in your collection again.

You don't need PS+ especially if you're not going to play other games online, just make a USB backup next time after scanning everything.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
#5 Posted: 15:04:15 16/04/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dahvoo
Sorry to hear that but you will need to make a new file and rescan everything if you want them in your collection again.

You don't need PS+ especially if you're not going to play other games online, just make a USB backup next time after scanning everything.

Yep, that's what I'm planning on doing since I don't play online enough to justify ps+. Hoo boy though am I not looking forward to scanning everything again.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#6 Posted: 16:54:28 16/04/2017
Quote: Couragefan09

I don't have ps+ and what actually happened was that my controller de-synced while I was playing a game and all I could do was shut the system off. When I turned it back on, it sat on a black screen for over ten minutes so I turned it off and on again and that time it told me the PS4 couldn't start and needed to be reinitialized. I only really lost three games worth of saves that I'm truly sorry to have lost but I'm going to make an effort to back things up after this. When it comes to consoles failing like this, I'm mostly used to my older consoles having memory cards or the save is on the cartage for the DS and 3DS. Outside of the PS4, my Xbox 360 is the only other one at risk of something like this. I'm not entirely used to needed to back up data on consoles like a PC yet.

if your controller de-synced or battery time comes to an end. you hook it up with the controller cable your ps4 did come with. you cant treat your ps4 like a 30 year old nes where you can just shut it off and on. you will damage the system files and the ps4 will have to reinitialized the backup files it have in rom. that is why you did see the black screen, and if you had waited it would most likely have sorted itself (yes it takes a long time up to an hour or longer) because these new consoles act like computers with their hard drives and file systems.

here is a tip, when you turn of your ps4, always go log off as user first(in menus), then you are sure all background servers are shutdown, then go back and turn ps4 off(in menus). . if you dont do it this way, you run the risk of ps4 not being able to shutdown the programs properly. it can take longer to shutdown and even hang and you hear a peep.

and get a usb stick, you need at least 32gb, that should have all your save files for the rest of the ps4 usage..
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:56:55 16/04/2017 by CountMoneyBone
#7 Posted: 21:01:47 16/04/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Couragefan09

if your controller de-synced or battery time comes to an end. you hook it up with the controller cable your ps4 did come with. you cant treat your ps4 like a 30 year old nes where you can just shut it off and on. you will damage the system files and the ps4 will have to reinitialized the backup files it have in rom. that is why you did see the black screen, and if you had waited it would most likely have sorted itself (yes it takes a long time up to an hour or longer) because these new consoles act like computers with their hard drives and file systems.

here is a tip, when you turn of your ps4, always go log off as user first(in menus), then you are sure all background servers are shutdown, then go back and turn ps4 off(in menus). . if you dont do it this way, you run the risk of ps4 not being able to shutdown the programs properly. it can take longer to shutdown and even hang and you hear a peep.

and get a usb stick, you need at least 32gb, that should have all your save files for the rest of the ps4 usage..

Eh, I tried everything I could to get the controller to work again before turning the system off because I didn't want to lose the unsaved game I was playing, but nothing helped. And as for the rest, if my system sits on a completely black screen for over ten minutes, what else am I supposed to assume other than there's a problem? I had absolutely no reason to believe that the system was doing anything other than sitting on that black screen. I'm sure that's probably what messed the system up when I rebooted it a second time, but there was not a single hint that the system was doing anything while it sat like that and I had no reason to think anything other then it had glitched out, crashed, and needed to restart again.

In the end, I'm going to start backing up data on a usb to avoiding having this happen again. It sucks, but it happened, and I've learned from it. I've never had anything like this happen with one of my gaming systems. Even my old Xbox 360 has chugged along without a single issue for as long as I've had it.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me