darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > who else is glad theres no skylanders game this year??
Page 1 of 1
who else is glad theres no skylanders game this year?? [CLOSED]
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#1 Posted: 02:05:42 13/04/2017 | Topic Creator
im glad the series is dying thank god
pls bring back normal spyro
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#2 Posted: 02:11:13 13/04/2017
netflix series cancellation which leads to activison selling the IP back to Insomniac and ted price bringing back the OG 20 and Stewart Copeland to make the official sequel to Year of the Dragons sans enter the dragonfly

hd remaster after crash of the og tril pls
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#3 Posted: 03:36:17 13/04/2017
Thought I would get hate for admitting it on the forum, but yeah, me too. Too expensive.
---
Any last wishes?
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#4 Posted: 03:42:45 13/04/2017
I thought the world moved on from this general attitude?
---
Hahahahaha
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#5 Posted: 03:58:00 13/04/2017
Quote: Mesuxelf

^ This I get if you prefer the original Spyro.

Quote: Wishblade
Thought I would get hate for admitting it on the forum, but yeah, me too. Too expensive.

^ This I don't get. Just don't buy it if it's getting too expensive.

I will miss the series now it's gone. I hope they release more expansion packs but I'm not holding my breath. If sales of Imaginators isn't great what's the point of releasing expansion packs that only work in Imaginators? I think the series as we know it is finished. At least for the foreseeable future.
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5364
#6 Posted: 08:50:08 13/04/2017
I'm just glad to be taking a break this year, unless the game is released on 1st of January.
---
Soon.
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#7 Posted: 09:36:30 13/04/2017
I'm glad because that there isn't a game this year because I don't want a rushed game.
I wouldn't mind if they release it in 2019/2020....with a new game style , PVP , online battle mode , a new camera angle , new cartoon style , more side content , customizable hub and more things to do like quests , Kaos arenas , the skeleton band from trap team , fishing from swap force and the elemental zones like swimming and stuff from spyro's adventure and make all the adventure packs playable in the new game....We wouldn't actually feel the 2/3 year gap if they released a new racing game , all star game and just spin off games that don't involve the figures in general to attract more fans and make them familiar with the charcters and extra.
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#8 Posted: 09:47:15 13/04/2017
i am alittle dissapointed but this dasent mean that the series is gone, sky7 can still come in 2018 or 2019, they still have some plans for the future and the netflix series can help skylanders regain some of its popularity. they mabey stuck in some deep **** but you know what people say "when you hit rock bottom the only way is up".
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#9 Posted: 10:34:39 13/04/2017
Quote: omer1698
i am alittle dissapointed but this dasent mean that the series is gone, sky7 can still come in 2018 or 2019, they still have some plans for the future and the netflix series can help skylanders regain some of its popularity. they mabey stuck in some deep **** but you know what people say "when you hit rock bottom the only way is up".

i really hope not, 6 games in 5 years with a basically pay to play game every time, seems like they care more about the money than their players. OG Spyro getting a new sequel could really help bring people back into the platforming genre
---
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#10 Posted: 10:49:59 13/04/2017
You guys ate it hook, line and sinker.

In all seriousness, the issue has always been Acti, the publisher. If the series got normal release schedules instead of >16 months we wouldn't have half the cut content and rush jobs, because the developing teams do care and effort really shows in areas where they didn't have to shove it out of the door.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:50:42 13/04/2017 by Bifrost
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#11 Posted: 11:56:35 13/04/2017
I'm kinda sad, but also kind of glad

This means the gwaphics next year will be better than overwatch

(Nah, JK, IDC abour graphics)
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#12 Posted: 14:56:20 13/04/2017
I'm okay with this due to the fact we're getting new characters this fall for a great game

Quote: Lunarz
Quote: omer1698

i really hope not, 6 games in 5 years with a basically pay to play game every time, seems like they care more about the money than their players. OG Spyro getting a new sequel could really help bring people back into the platforming genre

5 years? Yeah no you might want to go and redo that statement of yours
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:12:34 13/04/2017 by Buuzer
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#13 Posted: 16:19:39 13/04/2017
I don't really care that much if it's gone. I think the games had a good run, and, while I'm disappointed we didn't got some more answers about the lore and I don't think the series reached it's full potential, all the games seem pretty great and the developers did their very best under Activision's release models.

I also don't really care if Spyro gets new games on his own. I really like platform games, so more is always welcome, but I don't really give much to Spyro besides Skylanders, so it's really something I won't get mad about.

I'm also happy we're still getting more seasons of Academy and a RPG game (which I don't really trust, knowing past experiences with Skylanders mobile games, but we'll see), so that's something to look forward.
---
Bruh
Flame58 Blue Sparx Gems: 528
#14 Posted: 17:05:32 13/04/2017
I guess I'm glad. I'll be using the money I would normally spend on figures to buy a new gaming PC and other stuff like a new computer chair and desk.
---
"Let the flames begin!"
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#15 Posted: 18:08:23 13/04/2017
Quote: KingMed
I'm glad because that there isn't a game this year because I don't want a rushed game.
I wouldn't mind if they release it in 2019/2020....with a new game style , PVP , online battle mode , a new camera angle , new cartoon style , more side content , customizable hub and more things to do like quests , Kaos arenas , the skeleton band from trap team , fishing from swap force and the elemental zones like swimming and stuff from spyro's adventure and make all the adventure packs playable in the new game....We wouldn't actually feel the 2/3 year gap if they released a new racing game , all star game and just spin off games that don't involve the figures in general to attract more fans and make them familiar with the charcters and extra.

This. All of this.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#16 Posted: 18:56:35 13/04/2017

i can agree with that one, its very expensive games. spyro is very cheap when you compare, but a good game.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#17 Posted: 20:42:08 13/04/2017
I'm ok with taking some time off from new games and whatnot. After I get Tidepool and Ro-Bow, the only thing I would consider getting are the new level packs if those then out true.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#18 Posted: 20:42:46 13/04/2017
The game is too expensive relative to the value. I didn't mind it at first but became a bit of a "chore" although there's a lot of things I like. If they took 2 years and really provided some deep content and could spread the same amount of characters over 2 years I'd be fine with it. We all knew the "cash grab" approach would mean the candle was going to burn at both ends.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:43:04 13/04/2017 by TakeYourLemons
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#19 Posted: 21:04:52 13/04/2017

You have only played one Spyro game.....
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#20 Posted: 21:39:22 13/04/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

LOOOL EXPOSED
#21 Posted: 22:11:10 13/04/2017

I was there when it came out, I have all three OG games and Hero's Tail (we dont talk about EtD)
---
#22 Posted: 22:16:44 13/04/2017
Quote: Lunarz

I was there when it came out, I have all three OG games and Hero's Tail (we dont talk about EtD)

I don't think he was reffering to you
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me