Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 38 of 45 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 43 44 45
The Haven Legacy: Ultimatum [CLOSED]
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8578
#1851 Posted: 23:14:46 02/02/2018
"Precisely my dear Sholeh-- precisely. If I so desired... I could take this whole place for myself and very little could be done about it. As it is now, I am content and the others serve their purpose. As for you-- I am content in merely having you at my side. Together, you and I, we could do a great many things.," Naga said seemingly not minding the belly pat. For one brief moment-- he was at bliss and it was as if he didn't have a care in the world.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1852 Posted: 00:23:07 03/02/2018 | Topic Creator
Sholeh was amazed, though not that surprised, when Naga mentioned the others serving their purpose. Did he was using everybody else, not just Sybil? Even so, it was something that she was pleased to hear. She was even more happy with the fact that Naga didn't see Sybil as a friend like the way he did her.
"Well, if you ask me, I think you're already master of the Haven and they haven't realized it yet. I see now what is going on; Anue and her pack are threatening your position, which is why you're helping Sybil, am I right?" Sholeh asked with a smile, never having enjoyed a conversation as much as with Naga. It made her even forget the embarrassment she went through the other day. One thing was certain for Sholeh; Naga didn't sound like an old snake. Or was he? Pinpointing a reptile's age was hard with their raspy, hissing voices, but if it turns out Naga was young, it meant he had the potential to grow. Sholeh knew some reptiles grew for the rest of their lives, and she doubted pythons were an exception. Naga was already dangerous if he was capable of killing a wolf, he was truly going to be unstoppable if his size and strength kept increasing.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#1853 Posted: 01:31:06 03/02/2018
"Yes... She is a means to a end.," Naga said circling the mongoose and occasionally making eye contact. "And-- and in her attempts to pacify me, she has only made my position stronger. I have more food and resources than ever before and.. and once Anue is out of the picture...," the large python paused looking out onto their surroundings. "Once Anue is out of the picture, my position and my influence will have become stronger than I ever could've hoped under the rule of Shadow or anyone else.," he finally concluded looking back at Sholeh. While his feelings concerning Sybil and the others were still not entirely set in stone; his end goal was much more certain and his feelings for the mongoose were even more so.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:49:39 03/02/2018 by redwes
#1854 Posted: 02:08:01 03/02/2018 | Topic Creator
Sholeh looked at Naga and it was the first time she truly saw his eyes. With that and him surrounding her with a full belly like that, one would think she would be terrified, when in truth, she was more calm than ever. She did trusted Naga that much.
"Well, you certainly have an entire itinerary of plans. Good for you. So limited your entire life, but finally, you can be free. The way you're using all of those beasts... including the usually intelligent Sybil, is absolutely brilliant! I dare to say... I'm a little jealous of your cunning." Sholeh expressed, feeling more than honored to be his friend. One thing was certain, whatever quarrel Naga has with the Haven residents in the future, she wasn't going to be a target. Surely Naga was somebody you didn't want as an enemy.
"What I would give to have the ingenuity and strength you have. Warbler eggs, how cruelly that was taken away from Me. How I miss those precious eggs. I'll be patient, but pretty please, if you hunt the warblers again, promise me you'll tell me so I can have that delicacy again." Sholeh begged, demonstrating the urge she felt for the unique feast. She had been feeding on warbler eggs all her life, and to suddenly be denied the privilege and be threatened with death if she returned to that habit has been an overbearing torture for her.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:34:44 03/02/2018 by Felines
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8600
#1855 Posted: 02:12:58 03/02/2018
Ooc aren't you going to answer Sozen?
---
SC
#1856 Posted: 02:24:38 03/02/2018 | Topic Creator
OOC: You should've said so sooner you were expecting an answer. I thought that conversation was between your characters smilie

Quote: Spyroconvexity
"What about me?" Sozen said. He had stayed all night on a tree branch near the den watching for any sneak attacks.

Rose jumped when he spoke. "Oh Sozen you scared me."

"Sorry about that miss Rose." He said

"You've been here the whole time?" the warbler asking for him said, rather upset about Sozen having been there the entire time and not having noticed, especially with his formidable size.

"Well then, I guess that's most of the workers now. Now Mr. Sozen, you have been made aware of the situation, is that correct? We need to build this protective fence without haste." Cole's voice said from the sides, having arrived shortly after Sozen.
"Lady Rose. We're ready to await orders. Mr. Sozen will gather the materials, but you must tell us first what materials you want. Also, it might be a good idea to bring that smart wombat into the island. He has a good head on those shoulders." Cole then said, admiring Whirlpool ever since the war with Shadow and his goons. He was going to give the orders for today, since Mambo's mind wasn't very concentrated.
---
#1857 Posted: 02:45:50 03/02/2018
"I couldn't risk the Wolfs finding him out." Rose said. "And risk my kids safety." She looked around at all the help. "As for supplies I'd suggest strong branches and vines and some with thorns."
---
SC
#1858 Posted: 02:53:59 03/02/2018 | Topic Creator
"I think it's best if we added a few rocks as well. I saw the remains of the bridge you did between the Haven and Hunted island, and it appeared that it was sturdy enough." Cole admired, lamenting the fact that they couldn't get the orcas to help. Or could they?
"Say, maybe there are some materials undersea that we can use. I'll ask Mr. Jet. As for the rest of you, go help Mr. Sozen gather all the materials he need." Cole ordered to the warblers and keas present at the moment, flying away to talk to the marine friends.

At them moment, at Anue's very own territory, on top of a tree, Sybil had been taking her precious time. She was so nervous. She has been practicing what to say to Anue. She even tied a nearly pale leaf to her tail to indicate peace. Having lingered too much in there, Sybil believed it was time to talk.
"Alright Anue! I know you're out there! Come out! I'm alone, and I'm willing to talk to you rationally and without tricks if you offer me the same courtesy!" she called, that place drawing an echo almost as strong as Naga's own territory. She doubted Anue would want to see reason after what happened yesterday, but if there was a small window of chance of that, Sybil was willing to try, especially since that would mean she won't have to leave her beloved Haven to recruit the bisons.
---
#1859 Posted: 21:26:39 03/02/2018
Sayan nodded in agreement.

Meanwhile...
"I promise you my dear, the day I have my delicacy is the day you shall have yours.," Naga said part of him thinking of the possibilities.
---
#1860 Posted: 22:12:17 03/02/2018
Anue soon came with a body guard. "Oh come to beg for mercy?"

Sozen soon flew off.
---
SC
#1861 Posted: 22:35:45 03/02/2018 | Topic Creator
Sybil glared at Anue and scoffed.
"Are you nuts? This leaf is to show I come in peace right now. If someone should beg for mercy, it's you." Sybil said, although still from the safety of the tree. Despite wanting to talk, she didn't want to risk Anue betraying her if she tried to talk face to face.
"Listen Anue. I acted rather hastily yesterday. I wasn't thinking straight. You must understand that Shadow left too much damage in my way of judging others that I sometimes takes decisions that are too extreme. But today I am calmer, I'm willing to give you a chance and take your offer. I just want all of us to leave in peace. I will give you a part of the island for you to live in and hunt without interference... as long as you don't visit our part of the island, but most of all, as long as you never try to dispose us of our home or try another dirty trick again." Sybil said sternly, wanting Anue to understand the gravity of the situation. If she dared to betray her, Sybil was going to show no mercy. She was going to let Naga, Rose, Sayan, and even Crocux kill wolves to their pleasure should Anue made the wrong decision...

Quote: redwes
"I promise you my dear, the day I have my delicacy is the day you shall have yours.," Naga said part of him thinking of the possibilities.

Sholeh smiled wide at the possibility. She didn't want Naga to get into trouble because of her desperation, so she decided it was better to play things his way and wait for him to make the decision to strike. In the meantime, now that she was there, she decided to have some fun. Since Naga was stuffed with the yesterday's wolf, she didn't want to make him go to the wetland to torture some pigeons... but she soon spotted another animal perfect as a victim.
"You know, since you need your rest, you will need some help to get at least a few snacks along the way. So..." Sholeh said with a menacing voice, leaving Naga's circle for a little while.

It turns out that while they were talking, Sholeh spotted one of the rodents that were brought from Hunted island. She wasn't good at catching small, quick animals asides lizards, but the sly mongoose managed to trick the critter into running to a tree, making it nearly unconscious and giving her an opportunity to catch it. And then, with cruel sadism, Sholeh broke it's left front paw and right back paw and brought it to Naga. She placed it in the circle that he was making with his body, and looked at how the panicked animal was trying desperately to escape despite it's terrible limping.
"Look at our new toy Naga. Isn't it cute how it tries to escape? Let's make a little game. Let's test this little beast's reflexes. The circle you're making will be like a little arena. Whatever the direction this mouse takes, you'll open your mouth and see if it falls in. If not, that means it's reflexes are fast enough. If it fails, why, I guess you'll have a little snack." Sholeh said with a snicker, having barely invented this mad game. There was no doubt about it; despite Sholeh being on relatively good terms with the Haven residents in general, she was as sickeningly cruel and merciless as before, perhaps even more so than Naga.
---
#1862 Posted: 02:04:00 04/02/2018
"Humm....you make a good deal. I'll tell you what I'll keep my end as long as your residents do not cross into our territory or spy agency on us. If I or my pack catch a resident spying or crossing into our territory it will mean an act of war."
---
SC
#1863 Posted: 02:15:48 04/02/2018 | Topic Creator
Sybil looked at it as a fair deal, and although she didn't trusted Anue completely, she was willing to give her and her pack a chance.
"Alright Anue... you got yourself a deal... as long as you fulfill your end of the bargain too. We won't spy or trespass into your new territory as long as you treat us with the same courtesy." Sybil warned, not wanting another war. She was ready for one though if Anue forced her.
"Alright then, what terrain you would like as your territory?" Sybil asked, willing to be chivalrous enough to let Anue decide. Of course, she wasn't going to allow her to take a large expansion, given that she didn't want the lack clawing with the Haven resident's hunting grounds.
---
#1864 Posted: 13:53:43 04/02/2018
"Humm....more forest for us to hunt." Anue said. "Oh and be sure to tell that trader of a snake he is not to harm or hunt me and my pack. That is also an act of war."
---
SC
#1865 Posted: 14:08:13 04/02/2018 | Topic Creator
Sybil lowered her ears at that last statement. Naga wasn't an official member of the Haven just yet, and he shouldn't be included in the deal. Did Anue found out about that wolf's unfortunate fate?
"Alright then, I'll talk to him. Now then, we must establish some boundaries. Let's see now, according to the warblers, the forest is about fourteen square miles wide. It's not very much, but it's what we have. How about five miles for you?" Sybil sad, believing that was more than enough for them.
---
#1866 Posted: 19:34:09 04/02/2018
"Very well." Anue said.
---
SC
#1867 Posted: 20:28:33 04/02/2018 | Topic Creator
"Ok then, it's a deal. It's settled then. Now the next step is establishing the boundaries to know which territory is which... Sybil said as she looked around. The wolves already took part of the forest as their territory, but Sybil was going to give them a little more.
"I know now. This little clearing... and Naga's territory. Those will be the boundaries. If you notice, they form a little line that separates this area from your new territory. That will be the frontier." Sybil said, after studying the terrain very carefully. Although she wanted to leave immediately now that everything was settled, she believed it was very important to warn Anue about something.

"Before I leave, there is something you should know. Naga..." but then she stopped, not daring to say that Naga wasn't a Haven member yet and that he was practically free to roam around anywhere if he wanted to. She changed the subject quickly.
"Naga's territory... I won't be held responsible if one of your wolves accidentally step in his habitat and he hunts them." Sybil declared, knowing that Naga wasn't going to be very happy in being denied his new food source, so the pack had to accept the possibility of them being prey of the large snake should they invade his home.
---
#1868 Posted: 20:36:04 04/02/2018
"His territory will not be apart of ours! He is your problem. " Anue said.
---
SC
#1869 Posted: 21:43:58 04/02/2018 | Topic Creator
Sybil grumbled, furious at the accusation.
"My problem? You're the one that tried to control him!" Sybil declared, finding no other way to explain why Naga betrayed so easily when she asked for his help. Anue's comment was enough for her to snap.
"And listen to me! Our deal only applies to you, your pack AND the Haven residents. Well, it turns out, Naga isn't a Haven resident! I can't control his actions!" Sybil explained, not wanting to give him too many rules and risk damaging the friendship she was trying so hard to build. It was already hard enough for him to stop hunting the warblers, which Sybil imagined had been his main food source for a long time.
---
#1870 Posted: 22:15:13 04/02/2018
"That is the only agreement I will agree to. If you don't like it then this meeting means nothing." Anue said with a growl. "That is my only offer.
---
SC
#1871 Posted: 22:19:13 04/02/2018 | Topic Creator
Ugh, fine! I'll talk to him. Just know this; his territory and yours won't collide. However, you and your... pack, have to remember to stay away from the swamp." Sybil warned, still not willing to be responsible for whatever action Naga takes with the wolves. If Anue wanted war one way or another, she and the entire pack will pay, and now that she had the python on her side, it would be easier to exterminate them should they rally themselves against the Haven.
---
#1872 Posted: 02:23:52 05/02/2018
Meanwhile...Quote: Felines
Sholeh smiled wide at the possibility. "You know, since you need your rest, you will need some help to get at least a few snacks along the way. So..." Sholeh said with a menacing voice, leaving Naga's circle for a little while. It turns out that while they were talking, Sholeh spotted one of the rodents that were brought from Hunted island. And then, with cruel sadism, Sholeh broke it's left front paw and right back paw and brought it to Naga. She placed it in the circle that he was making with his body, and looked at how the panicked animal was trying desperately to escape despite it's terrible limping.

"Look at our new toy Naga. Isn't it cute how it tries to escape? Let's make a little game. Let's test this little beast's reflexes. The circle you're making will be like a little arena. Whatever the direction this mouse takes, you'll open your mouth and see if it falls in. If not, that means it's reflexes are fast enough. If it fails, why, I guess you'll have a little snack." Sholeh said with a snicker, having barely invented this mad game. There was no doubt about it; despite Sholeh being on relatively good terms with the Haven residents in general, she was as sickeningly cruel and merciless as before, perhaps even more so than Naga.

Naga gave a toothy smile in return, part of him delighted in the upcoming cruelty that was bound to occur on the part of Sholeh. 'She does enjoy her little games-- those poor poor pigeons.,' he thought to himself. To his slight surprise, however, it wasn't a pigeon this time but rather one of the rodents that Sybil had insisted on bringing over from parts elsewhere. Well-- he influenced her to insist on bringing the rodents over, but it didn't change the final outcome. As he watched the poor creature limb in the moving living arena that was his at least 10 feet long body, he gave a grim nod and watched the creature closely-- opening his mouth as instructed at just the right time.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:38:33 05/02/2018 by redwes
#1873 Posted: 02:37:23 05/02/2018 | Topic Creator
As it turns out, the rodent did have it's little reflexes and avoided Naga's jaws as much as it could, but it was so disoriented and hurt that it was only a matter of time before it faltered.
"Look at that. Quick reflexes indeed. Let's give it ten minutes, and if it succeeds, we'll let it go to commemorate it's bravery." Sholeh said with mockery, knowing that one way or another, the poor little animal was going to die. Limping like that, if Naga didn't get it, some other animal will. She remembered a time where she dreamed of Sybil being hurt like this and suffering a long, humiliating death. She hated that civet with fiery passion. She still retained some of that hatred, but not to the point of plotting against her like before. As the mouse-like creature continued running in circles, sometimes trying to climb over Naga's coils and other times under it without success, Sholeh gave occasional glances to Naga, smiling to herself in happiness. She has been so rejected and mistreated since Sybil arrived, she still couldn't believe her luck in finding a friend a genuine friend, someone more interested in her than anyone else, but above all, so embody she didn't want to use despite the potential.
---
#1874 Posted: 03:36:58 05/02/2018
Amur smiled and left. But before sh did she looked back. "I mean it! One little mistake will mean war!"
---
SC
#1875 Posted: 03:45:20 05/02/2018 | Topic Creator
Sybil left with the same grace as Anue, not being intimidated by her threat. She wanted to break the news to Sayan and Rose, and the possibility of her not leaving the Haven after all, but since she was closer to Naga, she decided to break the bad news to him first. What will he say? How will he react to this new rule? There was only one way to find out...

Back at Hunted island, Whirlpool continued hosting the cubs, keeping them hidden from the paranoid Barloc. He fed them well, even if the food was disgusting to their standards. He played with them from time to time and even let the siblings a chance to decorate whatever room they wanted to their own content. Whirlpool didn't know if their stay was going to be prolonged, so he made sure the cubs had a place on their own just in case.
---
#1876 Posted: 02:32:25 06/02/2018
Quote: Felines
As it turns out, the rodent did have it's little reflexes and avoided Naga's jaws as much as it could, but it was so disoriented and hurt that it was only a matter of time before it faltered.
"Look at that. Quick reflexes indeed. Let's give it ten minutes, and if it succeeds, we'll let it go to commemorate it's bravery." Sholeh said with mockery, knowing that one way or another, the poor little animal was going to die. Limping like that, if Naga didn't get it, some other animal will. She remembered a time where she dreamed of Sybil being hurt like this and suffering a long, humiliating death. She hated that civet with fiery passion. She still retained some of that hatred, but not to the point of plotting against her like before. As the mouse-like creature continued running in circles, sometimes trying to climb over Naga's coils and other times under it without success, Sholeh gave occasional glances to Naga, smiling to herself in happiness. She has been so rejected and mistreated since Sybil arrived, she still couldn't believe her luck in finding a friend a genuine friend, someone more interested in her than anyone else, but above all, so embody she didn't want to use despite the potential.

Naga watched the poor thing closely, opening his mouth in eager anticipation. "Clever little thing...," he thought out-loud seeing how the mouse-like creature stood more of a chance than any of the pigeons could've ever hoped for within his presence or even just themselves. Part of him enjoyed moments like this-- little brief moments of his day where he didn't have to worry about wars or Anue or any of the larger more 'grand' things that others seemingly believed he was destined for. And then there was Sholeh of course, the Mongoose who had somehow found herself into his empty heart and filled a void he didn't even know he had at the time. He was enjoying this moment for everything it represented for he knew that reality would inevitably come crashing down on them again...
---
#1877 Posted: 02:54:03 06/02/2018 | Topic Creator
Sholeh was also enjoying the moment, having no care in the world and simply watching the cruel spectacle. She didn't want to ruin the moment by mentioning Anue or the incoming war. It wasn't long until the little rodent was too disoriented to depend on it's reflexes and tripped, falling right into the python's eager jaws. Sholeh believed it was better that way, for even if the creature survived those ten minutes, it wasn't going to be able to survive in the outside world in that condition.

Not far from there, Sybil was arriving at Naga's territory from branch to branch, hoping he was at the same place where she left him. It turns out indeed, he was. He was still on the same large branch, seemingly resting from his large meal yesterday. She was about to head to give him the bad news... when a single light coming from the canopy made the civet noticed a silhouette besides him. It was about her same size, possibly a little smaller. Did Naga hunted an animal while she was away? So soon? Despite only seeing a silhouette, Sybil could tell after a closer look that this animal, whatever it was, Naga wasn't coiling it. It was... alongside him. What was wrong? Sybil approached from above, taking a closer look. It was... a mongoose? No, impossible! Couldn't be. Sholeh, despite Shbil being hidden from view, could sense something. She had good senses, but didn't know if it was important. Once again, she didn't want to ruin Naga's moment, so she tried to dismiss this uneasy feeling...
---
#1878 Posted: 04:50:04 08/02/2018
As the two relaxed side-by-side and took it easy for as long as fate allowed them-- Naga soon felt the presence of... something. "I sense.. I sense that we are no longer alone.," he soon said twitching his head and almost looking towards the direction of the hidden Civet leader. "As much-- as much as I enjoy your company, I would hate to see you get hurt my dear. Whatever this is... whoever this is... I'll handle it. You should go for now and I'll still be here when you come back.," he then his senses suddenly reminding him that they were still very much at danger. Or at least so he knew at the time...
---
#1879 Posted: 05:21:23 08/02/2018 | Topic Creator
Sholeh imagined that whatever she was sensing, Naga would've sensed it too. He also had good instincts after all. Sholeh climbed down the tree, but instead of going to the ground, she simply went to a lower branch and jumped from there to another tree, pretending to leave. She wanted to know what this threat was.

After Sholeh left, Sybil finally let herself seen, and she was very nervous.
"Mr. Naga... I... sorry for interrupting you yet again... I... have some news." Sybil said, wanting to give him the bad news, but she felt that what she witnessed was much more important at the moment.
"Please forgive me, I didn't mean to spy... but... did you have... company just now?" Sybil asked, feeling too much urgency to know. Despite getting close, Sybil couldn't get an accurate view of Naga's visitor. But... whoever it was, it was about her same size. She could dare to say it was even mongoose shaped. But, that was impossible, wasn't it? Clearly it couldn't be whom she thought...
---
#1880 Posted: 05:35:28 08/02/2018
"It's.. it's just a old friend. Don't worry-- they're.. they're merely someone to talk to and pass the time once in a good while.," Naga said actually sounding a little embarrassed and hoping the civet leader hadn't been there for long. "Now-- you mentioned you had news? About the wolves I assume?," he then said quickly changing the topic and changing to a more usual serious tone. He tried to hide any further signs of embarrassment or doubt.
---
#1881 Posted: 05:52:37 08/02/2018 | Topic Creator
"Oh, that..." Sybil exclaimed, wanting to get those painful news out of her chest. However, she wasn't going to leave this new subject out just yet.
"Well, since I don't want to leave the Haven behind... I... I tried to reason with Anue. And... it was a success. The war will not happen as long as we respect the boundaries set for each other. Now I know what you're gonna say; don't trust her. And you're right, I don't trust her, but I really need this chance in peace. I assigned her a five mile territory, and... I'm so sorry Naga. But in order to keep the peace, you mustn't hunt the wolves..." Sybil said trembling, before continuing the sentence to avoid him from replying and/or getting upset.
"... You mustn't hunt the wolves IN their territory. The good news is, that the border that separates us and the wolves is your own territory. And I already warned Anue that whatever wolf wanders into your territory is free prey. So you see, this is the best that could be done in order to avoid a war." Sybil explained calmly, bending her knees to stop trembling.

Sholeh listened carefully, taking advantage of the echo to hear better. She believed Naga was going to be upset about this new rule. She was looking forward to have Naga all happy with the outcome, but now that Sybil has changed at the last minute, Sholeh herself was furious how Sybil was handling things.
---
#1882 Posted: 06:18:44 08/02/2018
"I-- I see. And do you believe that this little truce will last? It's only an matter of time until Anue or one of her wolves grow tired of this little deal. And it's only a matter or time until Anue tries something again or decides to modify the truce and slowly take more territory under threat of trying something again. I will let them be for as long as they remain in their own territory, but I need to know that you plan to re-enforce this and ensure this truce doesn't become more than what it is now. Their territory will be all that they ever have and any wolf that dares to take one step beyond that territory-- well as you so put it becomes free prey.," Naga responded taking a stern tone and seemingly putting the wolves in their place at the same time. He knew he couldn't take all of them alone and he knew that Anue was probably planning some sort of revenge or long-term plan as they spoke.
---
#1883 Posted: 06:31:54 08/02/2018 | Topic Creator
Sybil thought of it for a moment, and knew that Naga was making sense. She didn't trust Anue, and she knew Naga, despite all his power, wasn't going to be able to take on an entire pack of wolves should they decide to cross his border at the same time. Her biggest fear was the possible fact of leaving the Haven to recruit these bisons. But why bisons? Clearly there had to be another animal that could help, that was much closer to the island.
"I understand perfectly. Anue has made it clear that she wants the island all to herself, so there is no way I'm going to put the cubs in danger again. They will stay at Hunted island until the fence around their homes is built. Afterwards... they should be trained to fight. Anue targeted them because they're little... but I have seen Rose growing up, and big cats like them... grow up very fast." Sybil said sternly, hating what has become of her beloved Haven. She was so angry, so full of grudges, that she was more than willing to wipe out the entire pack should there ever be of tiniest hint of Anue breaking their deal. For now, she didn't want to expose the cubs. They shall have to stay with Whirlpool for a while, whether Barloc liked it or not...
---
#1884 Posted: 08:04:20 08/02/2018
"That-- that is a wise course of action. It is smart to keep the cubs safe and, for better or worse, they will certainly require the NEED to defend themselves once they come of age. I have no doubts that Anue can and will eventually try something. And... and while I will happily devour any wanderers, it would also be advisable to keep an eye on Anue's little wolf pack. This Haven is no longer safe for everyone here, I'm afraid. You can and will eventually lose someone to the wolves once they grow weary of this truce. You.. you should be prepared for that my dear Sybil. However, I will do what I can for as long as I can. And believe me-- I won't tolerate them intruding upon my territory for very long.," Naga said warning Sybil with a grim tone and at the same time re-ensuring her. He knew now that he could never truly be at peace, not positioned between two factions both literally and figuratively.

On one side-- there lied the wolves eager to conquer all and take it all for themselves. On the other side-- there was Sybil the brave little civet who was determined to keep the peace no matter the cost. And in between-- there lied Naga himself the large serpent who could quickly end the whole affair with one fell swallow. If he so desired, he could snuff out the light and let darkness prevail. He could be the shadow that helped blot out the last remaining flame. On the other hand, he could be the spark that helped fend off the darkness-- one shadow at a time until was there was nothing but light. As it was now, he was the grey trapped between the darkness and the light. And being the grey, he could make his own destiny if he so desired.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:31:04 08/02/2018 by redwes
#1885 Posted: 09:27:29 08/02/2018
Meanwhile Sozen along with a few Keas arrived with some supplies to start the wall.
---
SC
#1886 Posted: 15:42:12 08/02/2018 | Topic Creator
While everyone was getting prepared to build the fence and mix the cement they used to use the bridge years ago, Mambo was at Hunted island, outside of Whirlpool's den. He knew what a labyrinth that was, so he decided to wait outside. It wasn't until the wombat came from his daily walk that they came face to ace and Mambo proceeded to explain him everything. Whirlpool would be glad to help, but he didn't want to leave the cubs alone. So much was asked from that wombat! After Mambo was done explaining, Whirlpool left to recruit a babysitter for the cubs while he was gone...

Quote: redwes
"That-- that is a wise course of action. It is smart to keep the cubs safe and, for better or worse, they will certainly require the NEED to defend themselves once they come of age. I have no doubts that Anue can and will eventually try something. And... and while I will happily devour any wanderers, it would also be advisable to keep an eye on Anue's little wolf pack. This Haven is no longer safe for everyone here, I'm afraid. You can and will eventually lose someone to the wolves once they grow weary of this truce. You.. you should be prepared for that my dear Sybil. However, I will do what I can for as long as I can. And believe me-- I won't tolerate them intruding upon my territory for very long.," Naga said warning Sybil with a grim tone and at the same time re-ensuring her. He knew now that he could never truly be at peace, not positioned between two factions both literally and figuratively..

When Naga said Sybil would eventually lose someone to the wolves, it really got through her head. It seemed that, one way or another, she needed bodyguards for the cubs. The elephants were no good. They would destroy foliage trying to follow them, and Sozen likewise. Crocux could do, but he was one individual. clearly no match for a pack. But then... was it possible? There was one animal that could help them, but a secret had to be out.
"About keeping an eye on them... part of the deal was for neither of us to spy on them. No need though. I... I think I know of a group right here on the island that could help us." Sybil said, not wanting the need to go so far in the world to recruit bisons, when there was no certainty they would help in the first place if they were as bad as that warbler described. Sybil kept the secret on what animal she was talking about for now, not wanting Naga to know. She was very grateful to him for not questioning her decision or getting upset about being limited in his new diet. She was getting ready to leave if he had no more comments... but then wondered if she should ask about the visitor he had earlier...
---
#1887 Posted: 22:28:53 08/02/2018
"Fine, but I'll be keeping an eye out to ensure that none of them intrude beyond their boundaries. And.. and if I see any wolf step beyond the terms of their truce, they will know about it as will you. Spies or not-- I certainly hope you know what you are doing.," Naga responded agreeing on the 'no spying' rule but keeping vigilant regardless. He gave another grim and briefly looked away, indicating he was done. Unless the civet leader had something else to say...
---
#1888 Posted: 22:56:24 08/02/2018 | Topic Creator
Sybil didn't like the idea of Naga spying, but if he could be as stealthy as he's always been, then perhaps it could be done.
"Alright, if you want to keep an eye on them, them fine. Just... do it from your own territory. And make sure you aren't seen." Sybil warned, not wanting Anue to take every little action as a sign of war. Sybil was certain she would use whatever lame excuse she could find to break the deal and start the war.
"Thank you so much for understanding Mr. Naga. You have been wonderful through this whole ordeal. First, you help us rescue the cubs, then you're willing to take down the wolves when they attacked, and now you're being reasonable with the deal. Seriously, there must be a compensation for you, even if it takes me a lifetime. You have been terrific." Sybil said with much gratitude, barely believing Naga was an enemy of the Haven in the past. If it wasn't for him, the cubs would've have been rescued and they all would probably be leaving the Haven by now. She still wanted to talk about the unexpected visitor, but still wondered if that was necessary. She was still very curious.

Sholeh, still listening from the shadows, didn't know whether to smile or be angry. For one, Naga was being limited yet again, but on the other hand, Sybil was being so grateful that she was practically enslaving herself to Naga. That was a genius move of his part, but she also wondered for how long he would keep up this polite and obedient charade...
---
#1889 Posted: 23:34:18 08/02/2018
"Very well then-- it shall be done. And my dear Sybil, I'll think of something. As for now-- for now I'll you be and we're cross that bridge when we get to it. I'm sure the others could use you, now more than ever.," Naga responded still leaving the topic of compensation oddly open-ended. The serious question was what did he want? And just how far would the civet be willing to go to please him? For now, he let the matter slide.
---
#1890 Posted: 23:59:18 08/02/2018 | Topic Creator
"Fine. Alright..." Sybil stammered, ready to turn around to leave, but she knew that she didn't asked, the question was going to torture her for the rest of the day.
"Um, Mr. Naga? You don't have to answer, but, who was with you earlier?" Sybil asked, but then, a sudden voice answered for the both of them...
"Enough of this pathetic spectacle!" Sholeh's unmistakable voice yelled, letting herself be shown. She appeared behind Sybil, angry but composed.
"Listen, you wanted the truth? Here it is! Me and Naga? We are friends, alright? We have been for weeks! You wanted to know who was with him right now? It was me! And before you start your pitiful conspiracy theories, no Sybil, I'm not manipulating him or bringing him against you. You can ask him if you want! Not a single moment have I suggested him to bring harm to you! We are just a couple of outcast friends that found a mutual understanding! Now, the truth is out, hurray hurray. Now if you're done here, I would like to spend some time... with my friend!" Sholeh said without a pause, without a stammer.

Sybil was as still as a statue. She was still trying to make sense of the scene before her. Was she suppose to say something now? Sholeh... was friends with Naga? When... no. Better question was, how did it happened? When did Sholeh had the valor to approach him? She was always so cautious. What has happened? Sybil couldn't move an inch. She looked as if she has been bitten by a venomous creature and had her practically unconscious. Sholeh on the other hand, seemed very, very relieved. It was getting too painfully obvious that she has been saving that one for an awfully long time.
---
#1891 Posted: 00:21:56 09/02/2018
"You-- you shouldn't have done my dear. I believe you've put her in shock and some.. some subtlety might have helped ease the transition if only a little.," Naga said almost using a stern tone but quickly avoiding it on the mongoose. "Sybil, if you can hear me, it's true. In my time here, I thought I was alone. And then-- and then I discovered her. She was lost I believe and managed to stumble deep into my territory. I was in a slightly-more-gracious state at the time and upon her running into me; I opened up rather then shut her out. And the friendship has been blooming ever since.," Naga than briefly explained examining the stunned Sybil almost in awe. It was quite the shock to the poor civet.
---
#1892 Posted: 00:36:46 09/02/2018 | Topic Creator
"I'm fine! I'm fine. Just... ugh." Sybil yelped, still processing what Sholeh said to her. It was still unbelievable to think that such an odd friendship was happening right under her snout. She wasn't exactly comfortable with these two being friends, but at least she admitted he had no right to separate them. After all, it has been a very long time since Sholeh plotted against her, and wanted to believe the mongoose really has changed for the better.
"Well, this was... unexpected. I mean, what other word can be used? So... eh... alright, alright. I suppose there is nothing wrong with this. At least neither of you are alone, so I guess, yes, enjoy yourselves, or whatever..." Sybil stammered, still in awe. Was it a good idea to have these two seeing each other like this? If it was true they have been friends for weeks and nothing bad has happened, then Sybil concluded nothing should be wrong with this.

After Sybil left, Sholeh snickered and almost sputtered, containing a thunderous laugh.
"Did you see her face? Ha ha, oh man, it was too priceless! I wish I could recapture the moment." Sholeh said with some giggles, mocking the civet's previous face.
"Let's face it Naga. Sybil was going to find out soon enough, and I couldn't have chosen a better moment." Sholeh said, still delighted. Sybil didn't seemed to disapprove their friendship, and she was more than pleased with that.
---
#1893 Posted: 02:31:42 10/02/2018
"Ah yes-- it was quite priceless my dear. I don't think she had expected to see you ever again and much less by my side.," Naga replied. Part of him wasn't sure how to feel about that and almost pitied the poor surprised civet. Another part of him was delighted in the shocked frozen appearance that had been en-gained into the civet's face."And.. and at least it's over with. Now... now where were we?," he then added turning his attention back towards the delighted mongoose.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:34:41 10/02/2018 by redwes
#1894 Posted: 02:47:43 10/02/2018 | Topic Creator
"Right... endless torture. Say, what happened to that little mouse anyway?" Sholeh asked, wanting to resume their previous activity. Did the mouse escaped? If it did, it wasn't going to live that long anyway. While she was super relieved to have stopped the painful secrecy of her and Naga's friendship, she was deeply worried about what will be Sybil's actions now that she knew.

Sybil was now on her way to leave Naga's territory, having a troublesome headache. How was it possible? Sholeh and Naga friends? That is something she didn't see coming. But of course, she should've suspected from the very beginning. Sholeh loves to befriend big, powerful animals in order to receive their protection, so that was a predictable action of her part. Or at least that was Sybil thought. She didn't know it was Naga himself who made the first move. As she walked, Sybil headed to Sayan and Rose's home, determined to help them with the fence. Perhaps that was the distraction she needed. One thing was certain though; she wasn't going to breathe a word of this to anybody, especially the warblers. It would no doubt send them to an uproar. It took very little for them to panic, and since they never liked Sholeh and still saw her as evil, Sybil didn't want to fuel their hatred.
---
Wyrstel Emerald Sparx Gems: 4341
#1895 Posted: 06:51:42 11/02/2018
AJ: "Actually, I'm much smaller than Sybil, but... I see what you are saying. I just feel so useless, more of like a liability, or something. I just don't know. Also the problem with my double life is Sybil and the others may not like my umm second family as they are dingoes."
#1896 Posted: 01:39:19 12/02/2018 | Topic Creator
OOC: It's already tomorrow, but I'm going to rewind the day to return to that conversation. Afterwards, you must pass to the real time.

"How come all the ill talk about dingoes?" Renee asked, having paid close attention to what AJ was saying. Wasn't a dingo also part of the Haven? She was new there and didn't know everything. She didn't want AJ to feel uncomfortable, so she changed the subject.
"It doesn't matter. You should do things the way you know them. It's not good to endanger yourself just for trying to help. Imagine if you do get kidnapped by these awful wolves? You'll just add more stress and bad times to Sybil and the residents, not to mention endanger your own life, and nobody wants that." Renee said kindly but sternly. She then looked at the falling sun.
"It's getting late little friend. You don't want to wander around in the night. There, go home and think things through better." the kind orca suggested, bringing AJ to shore and wishing him good night. She could tell that he was one troubled animal, and if he couldn't collect his thoughts properly, she knew it wouldn't lead to anything good.
---
Wyrstel Emerald Sparx Gems: 4341
#1897 Posted: 07:00:04 12/02/2018
AJ: "Thanks Renee. As for the hatred of dingoes, well I'll tell you more about it tomorrow. It's late and I should be getting back to my home. Anyway, thanks for your time, your patience and just your friendship. See you later, Renee," I say nuzzling her with my head and purring before heading off toward Sholeh and my tree. Climbing up the tree, I re-enter my nest within the highest hole in the tree and curl up into a little ball, falling asleep soon after. I sleep for sometime, tossing and turning every now and then as I sleep, but manage to get some good sleep. As I wake, I climb down my tree, quietly but quickly, before heading into the forest, toward the place, where Odette and her mate, first found me and where we meet as I continue my secret double life.
#1898 Posted: 17:18:28 12/02/2018 | Topic Creator
Renee returned home, waiting to be out of sight to sneeze. He rather liked this fluffy resident, but was too worried about his actions. AJ looked like the kind of animal that tried too hard to prove himself useful, which could lead to not thinking straight. That wasn't a good combination, and wondered if she should tell Sybil about him, even though she probably knew.

Back in the present, Mambo was leading Whirlpool and the orca cqrrying him to the Haven, while Sybil finally arrived to the cat couple's home, and was pleased to see so many warblers and keas working together to help them. Even Sozen was there, his help no doubt being of extreme importance. She only hoped he didn't destroy too much foliage with that large wingspan of his.
"Ah, Rose, Sayan. It feels like I haven't seen you in a long time." Sybil said, exasperated by what has happened these last couple of days. She then lead both big cats to the den, and proceeded to explain everything that transpired today, from her deal with Anue to her little talk with Naga and his hunting agreement. She left secret however, the odd little friendship she witnessed.

After a very brief pause, Sybil spoke again.
"So you see, we will prevent war if we follow the conditions. However, I don't trust Anue for a second. We will continue building this special fence around your home... AND... you must teach your cubs to fight to be ready for a worse case scenario. Also, we have to wait for them to grow bigger in order to make them stand a chance in case of any future attacks." Sybil concluded, knowing what unfortunate news this must be to them. Sybil wanted to be certain Naga would take care of any wolf that trespassed his territory, but even with all his power, he was one individual. He wouldn't be able to hunt Anue's group if they came in a crowd.
---
#1899 Posted: 23:41:31 12/02/2018
"We will do our part. As long as Anue keeps hers. When the wall is finished I want my kinds back." She said.
---
SC
#1900 Posted: 00:35:22 13/02/2018 | Topic Creator
"And it shall be done. But first, we must make sure this fence is sturdy and reliable. Afterwards, you must train your kids for battle, so in case they're attacked again, they can defend themselves. And as you know, I won't go to the other side of the world and risk the bisons saying no to our petition. You two will have to be their guards. And from now on, the cubs will only play near the beach where the orcas can protect them and keep a close watch." Sybil instructed, wanting to be ready for anything. She was going to contribute with the cub's watching once they return, using the trees and senses she trained so much.

As birds and mammals worked hard for their friends, and wanting to make sure the dear cubs were safe from the scoundrel wolves, all worked for the entire day, wanting to at least have a prototype on how the fence would look. It had to be very big in order to have much space for all four of them to roam around and have at least some freedom within their own home.

OOC: Depending on your plans, you or redwes can go forward in time. Not too much though.
---
First | Previous | Page 38 of 45 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 43 44 45

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me