darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > What's the fastest way to get gold and exp in Imaginators?
Page 1 of 1
What's the fastest way to get gold and exp in Imaginators?
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#1 Posted: 04:34:03 28/03/2017 | Topic Creator
Honestly I haven't played this game as much due to the fact that I honestly don't like it very much (for reasons I'll be explaining in another post) but I want to max out my Skylanders and while my imaginators are all done (well, almost as recently my nephew used his sensei thus I got the level cap increase) but I still have all my sensei's to upgrade.

Yh I've got the progress on my Wii U version like 99% but I don't like the story so I don't want to replay it for my level cap. Unless it's my only option.

Also quick side question. I saw something about new parts do the app, are they available through the game itself? Cuz I have all the parts on my Wii U edition but I can't really boot it up at least trying not to due to problem a with my gamepad charger.
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
Newguy333 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3244
#2 Posted: 04:52:39 28/03/2017
For Gold go to the Undead Realm which also helps with the Imaginite farming, for EXP try farming at the Arena
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
My Deviantart where I Draw Skylanders Real or My Own, http://joltiklover.deviantart.com/
#3 Posted: 05:04:34 28/03/2017 | Topic Creator
Actually I found the well better for farming imaginite chests..
I hate having to go through tha t annoying long cut scene each time.

But for the gold where at in the level? Just complete it or something I need to do? Been awhile since I played it?

Also is there another option for exp? I tried the arena just its not as easy to take out the baddies at the beginning and they get wiped out faster before I can really grind for that exp.
---
~N~
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#4 Posted: 07:51:31 28/03/2017
I farm my gold in the golden arcade with all this vaults
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
Xjmmjbn Blue Sparx Gems: 950
#5 Posted: 11:15:00 28/03/2017
Gold: Undead Realm (the giant eye drops a lot) and Golden Arcade
Exp: Arena - my Imaginators get 2-3 levels in just one playthrough of the arena, and they're all level 30+
Imaginite: Undead Realm - If you speedrun, you can get the gold and Imaginite in 2-3 minutes, even less if you just want the Imaginite

When I get a new Sensei, I'll play through random levels to get them to level 10 and maybe halfway through the upgrade path. Then I go to the Undead Realm to get more gold, then the Arena.

On a slightly different note, does anybody know if medium difficulty gives extra loot, or if the bonus starts at hard? The game says that hard gives 25% more, but it doesn't seem right that medium wouldn't give extra.
---
Call me X, if you will. I've given you all you need to know to find out my true name, but then why am I using a pseudonym?
SoulfulWolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 5772
#6 Posted: 11:21:15 28/03/2017
Oh this note, I'm trying to max out all my old-landers. [Through various decisions, most of them are reset...] I was wondering if anybody had good locations to grind exp & gold for them. Considering they are ridiculously frail...
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
#7 Posted: 12:44:47 28/03/2017
Quote: Xjmmjbn
Gold: Undead Realm (the giant eye drops a lot) and Golden Arcade
Exp: Arena - my Imaginators get 2-3 levels in just one playthrough of the arena, and they're all level 30+
Imaginite: Undead Realm - If you speedrun, you can get the gold and Imaginite in 2-3 minutes, even less if you just want the Imaginite

When I get a new Sensei, I'll play through random levels to get them to level 10 and maybe halfway through the upgrade path. Then I go to the Undead Realm to get more gold, then the Arena.

On a slightly different note, does anybody know if medium difficulty gives extra loot, or if the bonus starts at hard? The game says that hard gives 25% more, but it doesn't seem right that medium wouldn't give extra.

Medium doesn't give any extra.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#8 Posted: 13:00:38 28/03/2017
Quote: JCat
Actually I found the well better for farming imaginite chests..
I hate having to go through tha t annoying long cut scene each time.

But for the gold where at in the level? Just complete it or something I need to do? Been awhile since I played it?

Also is there another option for exp? I tried the arena just its not as easy to take out the baddies at the beginning and they get wiped out faster before I can really grind for that exp.

I found the first level to be the best for farming Imaginite chests. The gold and exp (for the OP's question) are terrible, but you get several chests (8 or 9 as I recall per trip, but the first is guaranteed to be a weapon). You can blow through it with pretty much any Skylander easy, just make sure you use a Sensei so you can do the gong for one more chest. That's how I farmed all of the parts quickly. You can even skip most cutscenes (and the first cutscene isn't shown after the first load).

The Undead realm is ok, but you have two really long, unskippable cutscenes of Flynn being annoying. The less Flynn (and cutscenes) when you are grinding stuff the better.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#9 Posted: 13:15:59 28/03/2017
Don't people also farm the well? Doubt it's fast to keep reloading the MAP, but between every run going there guarantees gold and chests too.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Corn_Hornet Yellow Sparx Gems: 1982
#10 Posted: 14:45:08 28/03/2017
I always farm the Life Realm for gold. You get like 5000-6000 per run through. You just have to endure the annoying Cat and Pillar voiceover.
optimall Yellow Sparx Gems: 1377
#11 Posted: 14:55:27 28/03/2017
Hey guys.

Um, I don't know if this is a thing people know, but in one single arena battle I get 17,500 gold by loading 2 players up, having a quick shot with the soulgem bounty hunter ability enabled and just keep using it repeatedly in conjunction with death blossom.

Every single foe defeated gives you about 40 gold if you max the quickshots luck. Pick all luck gear for your quick shot and just let player 2 (the one you want to gold up) just sit at the bottom of the screen, he won't die because player one will be killing the bad guys way too fast with death blossom and bounty hunter.

Be warned, keep player 2 at the bottom of screen, any gold p2 collects will be small due to not being locked up.

I have a quick shot I made called "moneyshaker" , he has 409 Luck and decent attack, he is my guy for leveling and moneying up player 2's. Plus he is painted gold from head to toe.
---
Join me on line chat.
Search for line ID: skylanderschat
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:10:11 28/03/2017 by optimall
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#12 Posted: 14:57:32 28/03/2017
A very fast way to get gold in Imaginators is through scanning in magical items from previous games (you get about 500 gold each item, although it varies slightly). Make sure you have two players going, so each character gets the gold.

Understandably not everyone has all the traps from Trap Team or all the adventure pack items from previous games, but if you have about 20 different items, this is the way to do it. If you're on Switch, keep in mind traps don't work in that version.

Buuzer has an excellent video on how to do it (instructions are for PS4 version). Since you can only scan in items once per profile/save, it would require using guest saves/deleting saves (make a backup of your original save!).

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=133413
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:14:40 28/03/2017 by Dahvoo
#13 Posted: 15:51:42 28/03/2017 | Topic Creator
I don't need help with the imaginite chests. I was wandering if the new parts were added to he game and found out that's a yes. I got most of the ones I got through doing 2 full plays of the game (as in going for everthing) then I used the well and a third chest easy to get to as a as both wet unlocked then just reset the gameplay to do it again to get the rest.
---
~N~
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#14 Posted: 01:19:20 29/03/2017
Quote: Dahvoo
A very fast way to get gold in Imaginators is through scanning in magical items from previous games (you get about 500 gold each item, although it varies slightly). Make sure you have two players going, so each character gets the gold.

Understandably not everyone has all the traps from Trap Team or all the adventure pack items from previous games, but if you have about 20 different items, this is the way to do it. If you're on Switch, keep in mind traps don't work in that version.

Buuzer has an excellent video on how to do it (instructions are for PS4 version). Since you can only scan in items once per profile/save, it would require using guest saves/deleting saves (make a backup of your original save!).

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=133413

using magic items and ( if playing on anything but Switch ) Traps does wonders, but it should be noted that each one can only be used ONCE PER PROFILE. I don't know if Switch carries the same restriction, but it is an important thing to take note of. Also, since racing is ( thankfully IMO ) not a thing in the Switch version, scanning your vehicles gives out silver Imaginite chests
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#15 Posted: 02:42:34 29/03/2017
Quote: Corn_Hornet
I always farm the Life Realm for gold. You get like 5000-6000 per run through. You just have to endure the annoying Cat and Pillar voiceover.

That's how I get gold. And just play the game in general. There is lots of gold to be found.
---
Any last wishes?
#16 Posted: 03:57:33 29/03/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Wishblade
Quote: Corn_Hornet

That's how I get gold. And just play the game in general. There is lots of gold to be found.

I might check that out thanks. you two. But see I'd would just play the story and what not... I just don't like the story. Again I can give my oppinions why later in another topic but I do not enjoy this story. Only one of the 6 games I don't sad to say :/
---
~N~
kczportalmaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#17 Posted: 09:55:44 31/03/2017
i just muted anything and go to golden arcade on expert while listening to podcast's on my computer
or tablet l:l
---
go home villains your all drunk off for your G()D DVWN @5535
#18 Posted: 11:44:16 31/03/2017
The fastest way to farm gold and chests is definitely the Undead Realm. Golden Arcade is also really good to farm gold, but I hate that level and it'll take much much long than re-playing the Undead Realm.

The fastest and best way to farm exp. is re-playing the arena.
---
#19 Posted: 10:50:31 03/04/2017 | Topic Creator
Sorry, but no Halvmorke the fastest way to farm imaginite chests is the M.A.P. There are 3 easy respawning ones to get and it takes less the time to grab them then the three you get in undead realm. But let me break it down to show why.

First the locations, two are in the well the other one you need to take the Dragon wings right by the Dragon temple entrance follow the ath and it's right there. Now the best way to do it is to enter the dragkn temple level then exit so it sets your spawn point right there. Then take the Dragon wings to get the single chest and Inc you drop down from grabbing it you'll be right by the well, take sharpfins ship back up, grab the bomb, take the grind rails back down and use a dasher (trhe fire dash from. The fire imaginator will work) and get to the well blow it up then head down to collectthe chests, then remove your skylander, choose the ' reset level' option then repeat.

Now let's break each part down from both.

First the loading, in the map way, it takes a moment for the 'reset' to pop up and then the loading itself, however the undead one has to load the level and the unskipable cutscene, however while it may only be a little longer there I the fact that there is anot it er unskipable cut scene which extends the time even more. Next is the process it self. Personally I find the map way faster, sure getting to the arena can be fast if you know the way but the arena itself takestime. Then you have another factor, in the undead realm the location of the arena is changed each time, unlike the other which rearequires more of your attention. Not to mention the arena itself which requires your attention to play through making the other more multi taking friendly. Speaking of which, that's another factor as to why the map way isbetter, due to it being on the map, and not required to load level, you can actually do this iin between every single activity you do once it's unlocked, including just going into the academy and back out. Thus making it way more multitasking friendly.

Also, i found another spot that makes for better level grinding. The bomb required area by Kaos' s fortress level, has a level glow ball thing there that gives a ton of exp and it respawns. Seriously I used two controllers and got the rest of my senseies maxed out fast. Also, thanks for the tip about the life sensei realm, i found it alot faster to grind for gold.

But yeah thanks for your guys help.
---
~N~
#20 Posted: 19:39:36 03/04/2017
I meant, levels apart from the MAP.
---
Coxula Blue Sparx Gems: 689
#21 Posted: 14:49:06 04/04/2017
Stupid question: Do you all still have fun while playing or is it all about grinding? smilie

I don't think grinding gold is the problem. It's nearly impossible to get a Sensai to level 20 and not finding enough gold on the way.
The problem I have is grinding XP. At the moment I think The Abandoned Amusement Park is good to do it: It has 3 XP balls and the Galaxy Arena. (And leaving the level you're not far from the wings to the Kaos XP ball). This seems pretty good to me at the moment.

How do you grind XP asides from the Arena?
---
SI: collection complete! :-)))
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 16:53:52 04/04/2017 by Coxula
#22 Posted: 17:21:59 04/04/2017
The arena might seem like a slow grind at low levels, but every time you complete it you get more enemies/larger enemies the next time. At higher levels it's the best way to go.

My arena level (on PS4) is in the 90s, and I can get a sensei from level 1 to 20 in a few minutes. Getting an Imaginator to my current max of 56 can be done at about 5 levels per arena battle when you get to the 40s.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
Coxula Blue Sparx Gems: 689
#23 Posted: 17:38:46 04/04/2017
And I'm not able to win a single fight in the arena with a level 1 Sensei.
That's why I asked.

Where can I see my "arena level"? (Didn't know that something like this exists.)

Edit: Uuups! Seems to me being my fault. I really shouldn't try it with my Nightmare Savegame...
---
SI: collection complete! :-)))
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:22:24 04/04/2017 by Coxula
#24 Posted: 19:35:17 04/04/2017
Yeah, arena battles on Nightmare are too annoying. I do mine on easy just to rush through enemies.

Every time you start a new battle, it will display something like "Battle Arena Level 92" or something similar. Number goes up after every victory.
---
#25 Posted: 19:59:50 04/04/2017
I've seen some people talk about the well and just restarting level in the MAP to collect the chest over again. Can't we apply the same to the EXP Ball at Kaos's Lair? Especially if you set your spawn point on that island? Collect the EXP cluster, take the character off the portal, reset MAP, put character back on portal, collect EXP cluster again, repeat?
Xjmmjbn Blue Sparx Gems: 950
#26 Posted: 20:44:59 04/04/2017
Quote: SoulfulWolf
I've seen some people talk about the well and just restarting level in the MAP to collect the chest over again. Can't we apply the same to the EXP Ball at Kaos's Lair? Especially if you set your spawn point on that island? Collect the EXP cluster, take the character off the portal, reset MAP, put character back on portal, collect EXP cluster again, repeat?

When the skylander is a a high level, the XP ball doesn't do much. I think this would work great for low levels of experience, but the arena could work better when both the skylander and the arena are at a high level. Plus, in my opinion, the arena is more fun.
---
Call me X, if you will. I've given you all you need to know to find out my true name, but then why am I using a pseudonym?
#27 Posted: 20:58:39 04/04/2017
Quote: Xjmmjbn
Quote: SoulfulWolf

When the skylander is a a high level, the XP ball doesn't do much. I think this would work great for low levels of experience, but the arena could work better when both the skylander and the arena are at a high level. Plus, in my opinion, the arena is more fun.

Perhaps. But when I was leveling up Ambush (on Medium difficulty) through the arena, he still died about 5 times. I don't think I'm all that good at the game when I say that though. And I've been trying for find a way to level up old characters in Imaginators, and Knight Mare (with full upgrades) can't even seem to clear the first round (at level 11).

That being said; I have no idea what my arena level is, but it's at least in the late teens to early twenties.
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#28 Posted: 04:00:11 05/04/2017
smilie hehehe
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me