Page 1 of 1
Mixed questions - Switch Version
Coxula Blue Sparx Gems: 689
#1 Posted: 12:14:57 21/03/2017 | Topic Creator
Hi there,

me again with some Noob questions. I'm talking of the Switch version of the game.
I collected the questions I have so far so that I have not to start a thread about every single one. So they're quite mixed:

1. Is there a multiplayer option and if so: How can I use it?
2. I've read that vehicles from Super Chargers unlock Imaginite Chests. Which rarity do they have?
3. About the rarity of chests: Which is the difference of Bronze/Silver/Gold? Or do they have just different cosmetics? What's exactly inside the chests?
4. Does the random chests "Imaginite Mystery Chests" I can buy unlock exclusive items or do they just speed up unlocking "normal" Imaginites?
5. To use a vehicle ingame do you need an approptiate driver (or something like that) for them?
6. Which Sensei unlocks Thumpin' Wumpa Islands level? Crash, Dr. Neo Cortex? Or both? Assuming both: Is there a difference inside the level when unlocking with the one or the other?
7. Is it possible to copy one savegame to another savegame-slot (--> making a backup of a savegame)?
8. I unlocked Nightmare mode yesterday (Yippieh!). I wanted to activate it but I get a message that I can't go back. Does this really mean: Once Nightmare Mode is activated I can NEVER go back (with this save)? Or do I misinterpret something?

Thank you so much for help!
Cox
---
SI: collection complete! :-)))
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 12:33:36 21/03/2017
Don't have a Switch, but I can answer some:

3. Chests don't look any different ingame, except for the blue chest(not Platinum) no exclusives.. Their rarities mean rarer and more parts, usually with a guaranteed Rare up to Ultimate. There's some numbers in the online store in the game, I don't remember all of it.

4. Just speeding up, and not by a lot when farming is easier.

5. Only for villain vehicles(not the Senseis, villain vehicles require trophies), everything else anyone can drive.

6. Both.

8. You can't go back in that save. If you have a Hard/Medium/Easy save, you can go back to that if you didn't delete it. but the Nightmare save won't get any easier.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#3 Posted: 13:34:08 21/03/2017
Yes, there is Co-op through the main story. Connect the controllers you want to use (whether the Joy-Cons or the Pro Controller), then it should be as simple as pressing A/whatever the second controller after the first player has started the game up. To use both Joy-Cons as separate controllers, you first need to go into the Switch's Home menu, then Controllers, Change Grip/Order, and connect them both separately.

2. I've read that vehicles from Super Chargers unlock Imaginite Chests. Which rarity do they have?
I'm not 100% sure, but it seems it might give a random rarity?

3. About the rarity of chests: Which is the difference of Bronze/Silver/Gold? Or do they have just different cosmetics? What's exactly inside the chests?
4. Does the random chests "Imaginite Mystery Chests" I can buy unlock exclusive items or do they just speed up unlocking "normal" Imaginites?
Only difference is the number of items they contain - these are parts that you use to create and customise Imaginators with. Except the blue chest that comes with the Cursed Tiki Temple Level Pack, they will contain items that can be obtained through normal gameplay. The blue chest from the Tiki pack contains 80 exclusive parts.

5. To use a vehicle ingame do you need an approptiate driver (or something like that) for them?
The Switch version does not use vehicles at all (except to add to the collection and give a chest), as the racing section was removed.

6. Which Sensei unlocks Thumpin' Wumpa Islands level? Crash, Dr. Neo Cortex? Or both? Assuming both: Is there a difference inside the level when unlocking with the one or the other?
Both should unlock the level, with no difference made with which one you use.

7. Is it possible to copy one savegame to another savegame-slot (--> making a backup of a savegame)?
I believe not (unless there's a menu or something on the load/save screen that gives the option)

8. I unlocked Nightmare mode yesterday (Yippieh!). I wanted to activate it but I get a message that I can't go back. Does this really mean: Once Nightmare Mode is activated I can NEVER go back (with this save)? Or do I misinterpret something?
Right, with the Nightmare save you can't switch to another difficulty, but you can always create a new save in a spare saveslot if you want to go back to an easier difficulty.
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#4 Posted: 15:20:51 21/03/2017

Yes, in TV mode and table top mode. Each player can use either one Joy-Con, a pair of Joy-Cons, or a Pro Controller. Using one Joy-Con requires Sky Chi power to be activated by pressing in the analog stick and pressing the SR button. You pair controllers from the Switch main menu if using single Joy-Con(s).

Every vehicle and each of the four trophies are like a Silver Chest item and unlock 9 imaginite parts with at least 1 Rare, 1 Epic and 3 Ultimate parts.

Each chest gives you 9 items of which 2 are weapons. Bronze gets you at least 2 Rare, 1 Epic and 2 Ultimate. See above for Silver. Gold gets you at least 1 Epic and 4 Ultimate.

The chests you can buy at the store just unlock 9 parts, nothing exclusive, and you could still get duplicate item(s) (which provide a stat boost). Eventually you can unlock every item in the game through normal gameplay and one set requires completing the game on Nightmare difficulty. The Cursed Tiki Temple and Lost Imaginite Mines level packs are required to get most of the final parts introduced last month.

You can't use vehicles for gameplay at all in the Switch version, you can just scan them to unlock a Silver Chest for each and that also adds them to your toy collection.

Since you can only get them as a set, I don't think it matters. Within the level you will need to have each one to unlock certain challenges that are required to get their Soul Gems (you need Crash for Dr. Neo Cortex's soul gem, and you need Dr. Neo Cortex to get Crash's soul gem) and treasure chests.

No, once you save in one of the 4 save slots you can't copy/paste. When selecting a new save slot, you can choose between Easy, Medium or Hard and change the difficulty whenever you want.

When you start a save on Nightmare difficulty, you can't change the difficulty down on that save.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:26:35 21/03/2017 by Dahvoo
Coxula Blue Sparx Gems: 689
#5 Posted: 11:33:11 22/03/2017 | Topic Creator
WOW! You all are great!

As expected I have some more questions. They're not that important but if someone doesn't care being babysitter for a noob... feel free to answer:

1. Is there a cap of stat boosts an Imaginite can get or is it maxed at some point?
2. As not being able to copy a savegame: If making a second one: Do I have to rescan my Skylander collection for the second savegame?
3. Can I start the second savegame in Nightmare mode or do I have to unlock it for that savegame, too?

OK - I think that's it. Thanx again for all your help!
---
SI: collection complete! :-)))
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#6 Posted: 12:19:40 22/03/2017
1. I think it never stops increasing? Not sure if it's that or the gear duplicates boosting stats forever.

3. Nightmare Mode is for the entire profile. Every time you create a save from then on, you can choose that or other modes.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#7 Posted: 16:55:12 22/03/2017
Quote: Bifrost
1. I think it never stops increasing? Not sure if it's that or the gear duplicates boosting stats forever.

I believe I have noticed diminishing returns on repeatedly getting the same gear. I think I've gotten like 5 or 6 of the Bad Juju headpiece now, and the last time only increased the stats by 2.

Quote: Coxula
2. As not being able to copy a savegame: If making a second one: Do I have to rescan my Skylander collection for the second savegame?

Your collection is stored as part of your user profile, not the individual save games. The Imaginite parts you unlock are the same--anything you've already unlocked on your normal save will be made available on your Nightmare Mode save, and vice versa. (There's a special Imaginite set reward unlocked by completing Nightmare mode, just FYI.)
#8 Posted: 17:18:08 22/03/2017
1. Is there a cap of stat boosts an Imaginite can get or is it maxed at some point?
Imaginate parts don't have a cap, so the stat will increase with every duplicate you unlock. Imaginators only have a level cap which starts at 15 and you get one increase in level per every unique Sensei/Villain you scan/take ownership of. There are suppose to be 45 Sensei/Villain characteres released, including in-game variants like Dark Golden Queen, Candy Coated Chopscotch, etc. That would mean a possible level 60 Imaginator when everything is released. With Heartbreaker Buck Shot rumored to no longer being released, that would mean max level is 59. If you're lucky enough to get any chase variants like clear Barbella, Pain-Yatta, Chain Reaction, etc, each one of those counts as a unique figure so it's possible to go beyond 59/60. The current max based on released figures through Wild Storm (without any chase variants) is 56.

You only have to scan in your collection once per profile save. All four save slots in the profile save share the same toy collections, Imaginate parts and Bonus goal progress.

3. Can I start the second savegame in Nightmare mode or do I have to unlock it for that savegame, too?
Once you complete the game in one save file under easy/normal/hard, you can then start a different save file on Nightmare when first starting the game on that save file.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
blueruckus Green Sparx Gems: 419
#9 Posted: 10:32:41 25/03/2017
If you make a second save file for Nightmare mode, does your digital library of characters carry over? (Switch version)
#10 Posted: 12:10:49 25/03/2017
Quote: blueruckus
If you make a second save file for Nightmare mode, does your digital library of characters carry over? (Switch version)

Yes, all digital library carries over between the four save files under the same profile. Things that also carry over are imaginite parts unlocked, bonus goal progress and toy collection.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me