Page 1 of 1
Buying Sensais: Which way to go?
Coxula Blue Sparx Gems: 689
#1 Posted: 12:13:10 06/03/2017 | Topic Creator
After checking all the Sensais and which combination of them are best for me (I can't afford to buy them all) I'm left with the following decisions to make and hope you can help me, which is best:

Should I buy
Tae Kwon Crow AND Hood Sickle OR better go for
Starcast AND Ember?

same for

Bad Juju AND Blaster Tron OR
Wild Storm AND Aurora?

To clear things up a bit: I thought that it's best to have at least one Sensai of each element (which is obvious) and one of each weapon class.
I'm not shure with the last point. Does it have any advantages to have one of each weapon class? Because if not the choices above are less important and I can rethink my buying-strategy.
---
SI: collection complete! :-)))
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#2 Posted: 12:29:34 06/03/2017
Tae Kwon Crow & Hood Sickle, Wild Storm & Auroa

Get one of each class for the stat boost you get with the selfie frames.
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#3 Posted: 12:41:43 06/03/2017
The only major thing you'll lose by not having all Battle Classes is that Imaginators of the missing Classes will have 1 less option for their tertiary power (Secret Technique). The Shrines only give character-specific rewards.

Wild Storm/Bad Juju: Depends if you want to pay the price of an Adventure Pack to get Wild Storm (who unlocks Cursed Tiki Temple, and is bundled with a Life Crystal and an Imaginite Chest).

Quote: 4inCreation

That's completely pointless. The Selfie Frames only give bonuses to Skylanders of a matching Class. If he has no Imaginators of a certain class, only the Sensei gets the boost. If he does have an Imaginator of that class, he can just display a picture of the Imaginator and still get the boost.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#4 Posted: 13:13:15 06/03/2017 | Topic Creator
Thank you so much, guys! This helped a lot!
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#5 Posted: 16:19:13 06/03/2017
plus you need chopscotch because shes precious
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#6 Posted: 21:24:39 06/03/2017
Tae Kown Crow and Hood sickle .

Wild storm and Aurora...Bad juju becomes boring within time.
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#7 Posted: 23:35:01 06/03/2017
Quote: Nightmoon

That's completely pointless. The Selfie Frames only give bonuses to Skylanders of a matching Class. If he has no Imaginators of a certain class, only the Sensei gets the boost. If he does have an Imaginator of that class, he can just display a picture of the Imaginator and still get the boost.

Well, it's not completely pointless. If you want a stronger Sensei team, then having one of each class gives you the full boost potential that you can gain by filling the selfie frames.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:39:00 06/03/2017 by 4inCreation
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#8 Posted: 00:04:28 07/03/2017
Wild storm and Aurora. Hopefully wild storm is as cool as he looks. But Aurora is so much fun.

Tae Kwon crow and Starcast are both good. Neither sentinel are in my favorites, so which ever.
---
Any last wishes?
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#9 Posted: 00:16:20 07/03/2017
I still can't get over the fact that Aurora has a loin cloth on her belt that is Eon's beard. Just freaks me out.

The Solar Flare variant is much better visually, IMO, as the beard thing isn't as pronounced. Plus the black-with-orange-flames look is so much better than all that plain, boring white on the standard version.
Xjmmjbn Blue Sparx Gems: 950
#10 Posted: 00:17:48 07/03/2017
Aside from personal preference, the only thing that matters is whether or not you want the Adventure Pack with Wild Storm.

I would recommend you watch the videos on the upgrade path recommendation topic, and decide which ones you like based on that. I know doing this helped me.
---
Call me X, if you will. I've given you all you need to know to find out my true name, but then why am I using a pseudonym?
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#11 Posted: 01:08:54 07/03/2017

Well, it's not completely pointless. If you want a stronger Sensei team, then having one of each class gives you the full boost potential that you can gain by filling the selfie frames.

Except, like I said, each Selfie frame only gives stat boosts to Skylanders of a matching Class. Having just 1 class gives the max amount of stat boost to that class. Having multiple Classes does not give any additional boosts to any other classes.

And, again, you do not need Senseis to get stat boosts from the Selfie Frames. Having Imaginators of every class works just as well, or a combination of Senseis and Imaginators. Or, you can ignore any classes you don't care about (see above).
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#12 Posted: 14:31:01 07/03/2017 | Topic Creator
I got Solar Flare Aurora yesterday from the local GameStop. This was an easy decision because Wild Storm looks so cool - I have to have him when he hits market. And I also like the look of Aurora.
As for Tae Kwon Crow I saw there exists a "Mystical" version I'd like to have. But it seems unavailable in Germany. Same for Heartseeker Buckshot.
Hood Sickle looks best in the Standard version. - So any decision made.

Now I go for some videos because of upgrade paths.

Very kind community!
---
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#13 Posted: 16:59:09 07/03/2017
Heartbreaker Buckshot is unfortunately not available anywhere.

In the US, Mystical Tae Kwon Crow and Bad Juju are GameStop exclusives, so I'm surprised that they're not available in Germany, but a quick look at their website doesn't show any listings for them. smilie
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#14 Posted: 18:46:26 07/03/2017
Do you have Gamestop or GAME in Germany.
---
Any last wishes?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#15 Posted: 19:02:49 07/03/2017
Chopscotch (perfect cinnamon roll)
Air Strike (redneck borb man)
Tae Kwon Crow (OCD friend)
Boom Bloom (WHIP IT GOOD)
Pain-Yatta (OH LET'S BREAK IT DOWN)
Tri-Tip (also a cinnamon roll)
Hood Sickle (HERE COMES THE EDGY BOY)
Aurora (FAST)
Chain Reaction (CHAINSAWS ARE GOOD)
Grave Clobber (the best boy)
#16 Posted: 14:27:17 09/03/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Wishblade

Gamestop

Quote: ZapNorris

...list of your favourites...

Puh! Your list frustrates me a bit - it's nearly the opposite of what I've planned to buy or already have. Here's what I have so far:
King Pen - obvious
Golden Queen - obvious
Candy-Coated Chopscotch - Fell in love with that girl!
Jingle Bell Chompy Mage - I'm not shure if he's good but I like this mad guy so far.
Kaos - Is he good? Is he crap? Is he a meme? What is he good for? I'm not shure about this guy.
Solar Flare Aurora
Dr. Krancase

planned (to have at least 1 of every element and weapon class):
Wild Storm
Buckshot
Hood Sickle
Tae Kwon Crow
---
Corn_Hornet Yellow Sparx Gems: 1982
#17 Posted: 15:46:37 09/03/2017
Quote: Coxula
Quote: Wishblade

Gamestop

Quote: ZapNorris

...list of your favourites...

Puh! Your list frustrates me a bit - it's nearly the opposite of what I've planned to buy or already have. Here's what I have so far:
King Pen - obvious
Golden Queen - obvious
Jingle Bell Chompy Mage - I'm not shure if he's good but I like this mad guy so far.
Kaos - Is he good? Is he crap? Is he a meme? What is he good for? I'm not shure about this guy.
Solar Flare Aurora
Dr. Krancase

Wild Storm
Buckshot
Hood Sickle
Tae Kwon Crow

Your list is fine. You should get what you like. And Kaos is insanely good, seemingly on either path (most prefer the melee one, but the ranged one is probably better for Nightmare mode).

Buckshot is frustrating...he's such a great looking Skylander, but his gameplay is tricky. It's not how you expect an archer character to play. His arrows are very short-range and he's more of a teleporter. He has to move around a lot, but he moves slow until he teleports and gets a short speed boost.
I've gotten better with him and like him, but still prefer Wolfgang.
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#18 Posted: 16:11:11 09/03/2017
Quote: Coxula

King Pen - obvious
Golden Queen - obvious
Solar Flare Aurora
Dr. Krancase

Wild Storm
Buckshot
Hood Sickle
Tae Kwon Crow

I agree your list is good, and you keep it to one character for each element/battle class. Although if you wanted the adventure pack levels you'd also be looking at getting Crash Bandicoot/Dr. Neo Cortex, Boom Bloom and eventually Ro-Bow.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me