Page 1 of 1
Imaginator stats?
Shin Majin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1145
#1 Posted: 17:36:36 03/02/2017 | Topic Creator
I've noticed that the stats you see in the Imaginator creation (power, defense, etc.) are the same meaningless stats that were on the character cards in the first four games. These stats...do they actually mean anything? Does rarer equipment actually make you stronger?
---
Team quadruped.
Joseph > Jotaro
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5364
#2 Posted: 17:44:35 03/02/2017
Attack, defence and speed are self-explanitory. Luck increases how much money you get from collecting coins and stuff. Probably leaving some things out but eh.
---
Soon.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#3 Posted: 17:58:37 03/02/2017
Quote: emeraldzoroark
Attack, defence and speed are self-explanitory. Luck increases how much money you get from collecting coins and stuff. Probably leaving some things out but eh.

Doesn't luck only change your chances of getting a critical hit?
---
Dead
Sworn2Skylands Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#4 Posted: 19:25:09 03/02/2017
Based on my experience, I think emeraldzoroark is correct in saying that luck increases the amount of money you get. Imaginators I make with a lot of luck get extra money from picking up units of currency when compared to Imaginators with lower luck stats, or senseis. I would also agree with mega spyro that it pertains to critical hits as well and I'd even wonder if it pertains to how likely an enemy is to drop food when your health gauge is colored yellow or red (usually at 50%- of your max health). Does anybody know?
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#5 Posted: 19:29:47 03/02/2017
Quote: Sworn2Skylands
Based on my experience, I think emeraldzoroark is correct in saying that luck increases the amount of money you get. Imaginators I make with a lot of luck get extra money from picking up units of currency when compared to Imaginators with lower luck stats, or senseis. I would also agree with mega spyro that it pertains to critical hits as well and I'd even wonder if it pertains to how likely an enemy is to drop food when your health gauge is colored yellow or red (usually at 50%- of your max health). Does anybody know?

I know it affects crit chances because every strategy guide for the games has that written in it, but it's never mentioned anything about gold that I can remember.
---
Dead
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#6 Posted: 21:50:26 03/02/2017
I'm fairly sure luck is a blanket stat that affects all character-based random effects, which includes both Critical Hit % or chance of getting bonus money when you pick up treasure...

But that's just based off of my own observations when playing normally. I'm not the type to do grand statistical analyses on video games.
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13873
#7 Posted: 21:58:52 03/02/2017
Luck gives you +0.5% gold.

Attack gives you +1% damage.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:59:14 03/02/2017 by dark52
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#8 Posted: 23:03:33 03/02/2017
Yes, equipping epic gear with big stat boosts does cause your character to do more damage, etc.
---
Any last wishes?
Plaag Emerald Sparx Gems: 4339
#9 Posted: 15:54:48 04/02/2017
Quote: dark52
Luck gives you +0.5% gold.

Attack gives you +1% damage.

While this information is correct with base attack damage, when applied to Senseis that have upgrades to their damage numbers it does not. You have to apply this first then apply the percentile increase the upgrade gives (oh and dropping any numbers after the decimal point each time - i.e. no rounding involved with these numbers.)

ShaneG.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#10 Posted: 19:29:50 04/02/2017
i have a light/sentinel with 100+ in all 4 stats.
Shin Majin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1145
#11 Posted: 19:52:20 04/02/2017 | Topic Creator
Disappointing. That means that more common items are worse. I may have to suffer for style...
---
Team quadruped.
Joseph > Jotaro
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
#12 Posted: 21:06:15 04/02/2017
How Critical Hit and Elemental Power from previous games have been adapted to the new stats system in Imaginators? Does anybody know?
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
TechSkylander15 Green Sparx Gems: 276
#13 Posted: 22:07:56 04/02/2017
Elemental Power was the damage percentage increase you would receive if you got an Elemental Boost. (either from being in a zone that matched your element or, in early PVP, hitting a Skylander weak to your element) It's been removed now, and it's the same rate for all Skylanders.

Quote: Shin Majin
Disappointing. That means that more common items are worse. I may have to suffer for style...

I mean, that's kind of the case with most equipment in games-the more valuable it is, the rarer it is.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#14 Posted: 22:32:17 04/02/2017
Do stats in this game even care? all Imaginators seem OP to me...
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
TechSkylander15 Green Sparx Gems: 276
#15 Posted: 23:56:08 04/02/2017
They affect the numbers of the game, but since there's a lot else factored in, it's easy to overlook them.
#16 Posted: 00:37:09 05/02/2017
Well, I care, because I use all my Skylanders, and I have only 1 Imaginator by the moment.
---
Eizons Green Sparx Gems: 470
#17 Posted: 03:01:47 05/02/2017
The Imaginators are much stronger than the Senseis, at least that's my experience, but I can't say if they are stronger than other skylanders, since I have used Imaginators and Senseis when I played through the story, however I did eventually notice that stats meant virtually nothing for Imaginators once they surpass level 20 or something like that. I play on expert (still need to get though the game on Nightmare) and only use items that looks nice on my character rather than the ones that does the most damage and I am doing fine. For me the challenge lies in the battle class over the stats, because I play very poorly with most ranged based classes and finds the brawler and knight to suit my playstyle best.
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#18 Posted: 05:45:01 11/02/2017
Quote: Shin Majin

I feel like I'm one of the only ones who cares about the look and design then stats smilie

The only stat I really care about is speed. Attack is really good from the start so it's not a big deal.

And we still have characters like Buckshot who don't have great damage but are still pretty powerful so.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
#19 Posted: 15:52:48 31/03/2017
Well... I'll ask again, since I really want to know, in case someone knows about it.

How Critical Hit and Elemental Power from previous games have been adapted to the new stats system in Imaginators?

What about upgrades that increase armor? Bash, Ignitor, Chill, Roller Brawl, Jet-Vac... none of these characters have these kind of upgrades displayed in their stats. Astroblast seems to be the only one (Armor +20). Do they have an increased chance of evading attacks that is not displayed in the stats, as it happens with Elemental Power, or how does it work?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:53:32 31/03/2017 by Halvmorke
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#20 Posted: 15:58:31 31/03/2017
I think Armor is still partially a chance to block, but I think there's actual defense reduction now. Bad Juju's passive effect doesn't seem to do blocks but the damage she takes is definately reduced.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#21 Posted: 16:07:18 31/03/2017
So, apart from "Armor" as a stat, which increase the chance of avoiding enemy attacks, we'll have these upgrades that reduce incoming damage? Well, it'd make sense, since these characters stats aren't increased after purchasing such upgrades...

What I don't understand is why TfB don't explain these clearly since the first minute...
---
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#22 Posted: 17:04:27 31/03/2017
I'm pretty sure Armor was also damage reduction in SuperChargers, but it wasn't in any games before that.

The SuperChargers guide (still wish they made one for Imaginators...) says that every 3 points of Armor reduces damage taken by 1%. Not sure how much this changed in Imaginators, if it has changed.
---
Strength, courage, and evil
#23 Posted: 17:25:41 31/03/2017
Quote: Spellslamzer75
I'm pretty sure Armor was also damage reduction in SuperChargers, but it wasn't in any games before that.

The SuperChargers guide (still wish they made one for Imaginators...) says that every 3 points of Armor reduces damage taken by 1%. Not sure how much this changed in Imaginators, if it has changed.

It's supposed to be the same. But SC used the same stats system than previous games. Bash gained armor +40 after purchasing his soul gem upgrade in SC like in previous games. Now, in SI, his stats don't change, but apparently he receives less damage.

There are some characters that worked the way you say in SC, like Jet-Vac, Chill or Roller Brawl, but the "classic +40 armor upgrades" worked as they always did. It's in SI where apparently all "armour improving" skills now reduce damage. And apart from that, each 3 points of armor means 1% chance of avoiding an attack.

Now, the question is... how much damage is reduced after purchasing these skills? I'm not able to test it now, but it'd be really nice if someone does it and tell us.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:26:28 31/03/2017 by Halvmorke
Flame58 Blue Sparx Gems: 528
#24 Posted: 19:02:56 31/03/2017
Armor upgrades increase chance to completely block despite the stat not increasing. Just did a quick test with Bash to confirm.

Level 1 with no Armor upgrade: 1/10 hit was completely blocked
Level 1 with Soul Gem upgrade that gives more protection: 3/6 hits were completely blocked

I'm pretty sure damage reduction instead of completely blocking was a thing in Swap Force too no? It's a VV thing.
---
"Let the flames begin!"
#25 Posted: 19:08:29 31/03/2017
Gosh... and why the heck is not displayed on the stats?

TfB... do well your job, for God's sake!
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me