darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders: Imaginators confirmed for Nintendo Switch as a launch title!
Page 1 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Skylanders: Imaginators confirmed for Nintendo Switch as a launch title!
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1 Posted: 04:59:29 13/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Yes, you heard it right, Skylanders has made it to Nintendo Switch.

During the stream, a short video played through and the character creator was visible for several seconds.

https://blog.activision.com/t5...o/ba-p/10140118

New Adventure Pack, new parts, update incoming, release date for Wild Storm and Grave Clobber.. I think I'm in heaven.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 05:26:11 13/01/2017 by Matteomax
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#2 Posted: 05:00:16 13/01/2017
It was included in the trailer near the end of the presentation! How do you think it'll be handled?

ALSO I THINK I DIED AFTER THAT BREATH OF THE WILD TRAILER
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:14:42 13/01/2017 by TrapShadowFan
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#3 Posted: 05:18:16 13/01/2017
ALSO NEW ADVENTURE PACK INCLUDING WILD STORM! 100 NEW PARTS!!!!!
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#4 Posted: 05:20:22 13/01/2017
Guys I'd love to be optimisyic about this but 2 seconds in a sizzle reel doesn' t mean it's confirmed. That being said Skylanders owes much of it's prevoius success to sales on the Wii. It would be fitting for it to come out on the Switch. Also once it's offically confirmed for Switch that will most likely mean a boost in sales for Imaginators and pretty much confirm that the remaining Senseis get released.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#5 Posted: 05:22:35 13/01/2017
Quote: Tigorus
Guys I'd love to be optimisyic about this but 2 seconds in a sizzle reel doesn' t mean it's confirmed. That being said Skylanders owes much of it's prevoius success to sales on the Wii. It would be fitting for it to come out on the Switch. Also once it's offically confirmed for Switch that will most likely mean a boost in sales for Imaginators and pretty much confirm that the remaining Senseis get released.

Also, there's an update coming!
Yoshicrashcart8 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#6 Posted: 05:27:26 13/01/2017
Quote: TheToyNerd

OH MY GOD WHAT WE NEVER SAW THIS COMING THIS IS OFFICIALLY THE GREATEST DAY EVER
---
smilie smilie smilie Dark element is best element. smilie smilie smilie
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13873
#7 Posted: 05:27:54 13/01/2017
And for those wondering how it'll work without having a portal connected:

Quote: Press Release
No Portal of Power®? No problem with Nintendo Switch. Skylanders Imaginators for Nintendo Switch provides gamers unique ways to play, including the introduction of a vast digital library that allows players to easily load and store 300+ toys from the Skylanders® franchise* directly to the new home gaming system. The arrival of the digital library empowers players to take their Skylanders Imaginators adventure on-the-go whenever and however they want.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#8 Posted: 05:35:39 13/01/2017
Ok this is awesome news. Good find! I couldnt find anything on their facebook page or skylanders.com. 100 new pieces thats interesting and awesome!
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#9 Posted: 06:08:52 13/01/2017
is that mean skylanders is saved smilie ?
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#10 Posted: 06:14:40 13/01/2017
I hope you can still play with the portal connected at home; I want a way to save the data onto the figures, but the instant scan-in is great for portability!
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#11 Posted: 06:15:41 13/01/2017
Doesn't sounds like the franchise is dead. smilie
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#12 Posted: 06:17:27 13/01/2017
This does breath a bit of good news for the future, but I wouldn't count us safe just yet.
#13 Posted: 06:23:57 13/01/2017
after long time we got only bad news about this franchise we finaly getting a strong proof that skylanders will not go without a fight. but you are right GinjaNinja for this dasent mean we are safe but i this might be help the franchise to reach sky7.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
MA-Josh Blue Sparx Gems: 587
#14 Posted: 06:27:23 13/01/2017
Portable Imaginators! New expansion! Heck yeah! Waiting on Australian deets but since it's a port I'd be incredibly surprised (and disappointed) if we don't get it at launch too
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Josh from Mon Amiibo
#15 Posted: 06:30:09 13/01/2017
Has it been confirmed on whether or not the current versions will have an update to include that level and the parts? Will there be a portal owner's pack?
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#16 Posted: 06:33:04 13/01/2017
None of those were confirmed, but they didn't said that pack is a Switch exclusive, so I assume it's on all consoles.
---
Bruh
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#17 Posted: 06:33:54 13/01/2017
Life crystal?
Life crystal???
LIFE CRYSTAL??????????

Why not a dark crystal? Why not a tech crystal? Why not literally any element of crystal that doesn't have all it's molds available yet?
---
Dead
#18 Posted: 06:35:11 13/01/2017
It appears placing Wild Storm in the game will unlock the new level, like Crash does. The articles never mention an actual toy for the Cursed Tiki Temple. Just that it includes Wild Stoem, a life crystal, and a mystery chest.
#19 Posted: 06:49:33 13/01/2017
but there is allso a quastion mark in the air about the figuers: what aboyt ro bow tidepool and blastertron? well sanse they showd as the switch thing we can surly assoume that we will get them as well smilie.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:55:44 13/01/2017 by omer1698
#20 Posted: 06:56:52 13/01/2017
Funny how less than a week ago some people assumed they were patching the game to remove all the remaining characters from the game, yet today we got a new adventure pack, a Switch port, a new level, 100 new character parts, confirmation for SA season 2, confirmation for wave 4/5, and confirmation on more characters this year smilie

Also, is there any way to email them or something? I'm hoping to get confirmation on whether I can still use my portal with the Switch. Otherwise, saving data to my figures is gonna be tough.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:58:07 13/01/2017 by TrapShadowFan
#21 Posted: 06:58:25 13/01/2017
I'm pretty optimistic about the future of the series right now. And pretty excited.

Quote: omer1698
but there is allso a quastion mark in the air about the figuers: what aboyt ro bow tidepool and blastertron? well sanse they showd as the switch thing we can surly assoume that we will get them as well smilie.

They didn't said about those, but they said that there will be more figures after the Switch launch. So I guess those are the figures, together with the Variants and Crystal molds.
---
Bruh
#22 Posted: 06:59:20 13/01/2017
Quote: TrapShadowFan
Funny how less than a week ago some people assumed they were patching the game to remove all the remaining characters from the game, yet today we got a new adventure pack, a Switch port, a new level, 100 new character parts, confirmation for SA season 2, confirmation for wave 4/5, and confirmation on more characters this year smilie

Also, is there any way to email them or something? I'm hoping to get confirmation on whether I can still use my portal with the Switch. Otherwise, saving data to my figures is gonna be tough.

It appears as though you can tap the toys to the joy con via NFC built into it (as shown with amiibos) and it'll store that toy data in the game itself. It says it can store over 300 toys and whatnot. Maybe then you can tap again to send the upgrades and stuff you earn to the toy to take elsewhere.
#23 Posted: 07:22:41 13/01/2017
Quote: GinjaNinja
Quote: TrapShadowFan

It appears as though you can tap the toys to the joy con via NFC built into it (as shown with amiibos) and it'll store that toy data in the game itself. It says it can store over 300 toys and whatnot. Maybe then you can tap again to send the upgrades and stuff you earn to the toy to take elsewhere.

Seems a bit inconvenient with how tiny the NFC reader is. I hope you can still plug in the portal and use it at home. I don't want the series to abandon the portal altogether, that would kind of defeat the gimmick of the game too. Also, Traps and Swap Force combinations won't work without the portal, so i have a feeling it'll be an option.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:23:34 13/01/2017 by TrapShadowFan
#24 Posted: 07:26:49 13/01/2017
I think the Starter Pack comes with the portal, so you can use while playing on the TV.

Also, I don't think the reader is much small. It looks like a entire 1/3 of the Joy-Con Grip reads it.
---
Bruh
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#25 Posted: 07:36:34 13/01/2017
I kne wwe were gonna get at least one more adventure pack, but wow even better than I thought. 100 new pieces and smilie will be out soon? I couldn't be any happier on this information.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
mR_CaESaR Yellow Sparx Gems: 1310
#26 Posted: 07:50:00 13/01/2017
Hope those new pieces and new level won't be exclusive to the Switch.

I'm guessing they'll release a patch to make it compatible with the current iteration.
Darkling183 Green Sparx Gems: 340
#27 Posted: 08:00:45 13/01/2017
Quote: mega spyro
Life crystal?
Life crystal???
LIFE CRYSTAL??????????

Why not a dark crystal? Why not a tech crystal? Why not literally any element of crystal that doesn't have all it's molds available yet?

Maybe it'll be the mold that came in the dark starter pack, giving it a wider release?

Quote: mR_CaESaR
Hope those new pieces and new level won't be exclusive to the Switch.

The Cursed Tiki Temple will be sold separately like the other adventure packs, so it should be cross-platform.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:31:11 13/01/2017 by Darkling183
LordElohim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#28 Posted: 08:10:48 13/01/2017
This announcement is going to cause way too much unfounded optimism on the future of the series. Everyone that was looking for a glimmer of hope now thinks they have it, however the game releasing on Switch does not change anything, neither what we know or what we don't know.
---
Hail Sithis
#29 Posted: 08:14:05 13/01/2017
Quote: LordElohim
This announcement is going to cause way too much unfounded optimism on the future of the series. Everyone that was looking for a glimmer of hope now thinks they have it, however the game releasing on Switch does not change anything, neither what we know or what we don't know.

mabey, to know for sure we need to wait and see for ourselvs.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#30 Posted: 08:21:33 13/01/2017
Agree with LordElohim. This announcement tells us that no, Activision are not trying to get rid of the franchise as fast as possible. But this does not mean we are getting a new game in 2017 and beyond, and the future of TFB is uncertain after their work on the Switch port and extra Imaginators content is done.

Anyway, here's a short gif of Imaginators appearing during the Switch presentation.

[User Posted Image]
---
bye
#31 Posted: 08:24:43 13/01/2017
mabey but we can only hope. but lets not talk about this until we get some news about the future of tfb and skylanders.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#32 Posted: 08:27:49 13/01/2017

I agree. The wording by Josh Taub - "new toys and content coming this year" - doesn't say anything about the series' future. It doesn't say anything about future Skylanders games. Imaginators could still be the final instalment of the series.

And of course Activision is 'thrilled' about season 2 of Skylanders Academy. What are they going to say - "we tried our best to stop making it, but Netflix wouldn't let us"?
#33 Posted: 08:30:26 13/01/2017
as long is there is academy season 2 i'm good.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Brainstorm Green Sparx Gems: 437
#34 Posted: 09:30:18 13/01/2017
Has anyone considered the possibility of Nintendo & Activision signing a deal to make future games Switch exclusive? I know they originally approached Nintendo about this prior to the release of Spyro's Adventure. They have already shown close ties with Nintendo in the past (Skymiibos).
Also is it possible that Beenox rather than VV have been working on Sky 7? Perhaps while VV have been busy with Crash remasters Beenox have taken over duties for the next installment?
Anyway i'm really excitement that the switch port is coming and I will have that excitement of opening a new starter pack at least 1 more time.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#35 Posted: 09:31:24 13/01/2017
Have to agree with Lordelohim. The game coming out on Switch, doesn't mean it will be a sky 7, unfortunately. As much as I would like the series to continue, the port may just be a way to increase profits rather than a statement of intents for the future.

That said, I'm surprised at the announcement of a fourth adventure pack, those are good news. A new level before the end is more than welcome.

Also second seaosn confirmed, that's also good news for all of those who loved the show.

As for the digital library, that's interesting. Not sure if that is something they are planning to do with all skylanders games in the future (if any) or just something to make it playable in the switch. Anyhow, digital library of characters could be a strategic decision to make th franchise survive without the need of investing huge quantities of money. A future hint?

Edit 1: Just read the blog and it's full of optimism. Don't know if that's just "what they should say" or rather something "true".
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:37:09 13/01/2017 by angelg
#36 Posted: 09:42:49 13/01/2017
well only time will tell but i belive that this might help, mabey we are not gonna get sky7 this year but next year mabey.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#37 Posted: 10:17:06 13/01/2017
Matteomax jumped the gun a bit on closing the cancellation thread. This is a port an update, and no word on Sky 7.

But really hoping Cursed Tiki Temple is better than the other two regular APs and that some of those new parts have long hair, dresses, or at least genie tails. Cmooon TFB.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#38 Posted: 10:21:26 13/01/2017
after this i belive that it will be the hitus option, this update can gain for them more money for sky 7.

i wonder if this cursed tiki island might have somthing to do with double trouble. mabey it will be like his origin level or he will be the storytaller there.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:26:28 13/01/2017 by omer1698
#39 Posted: 10:39:45 13/01/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Matteomax jumped the gun a bit on closing the cancellation thread. This is a port an update, and no word on Sky 7.

I was wondering why that thread was closed. As you said, this announcement doesn't confirm or deny anything about the future of the series. It certainly doesn't confirm that "the series is still alive and absolutely kicking it", or warrant the closure of that thread.

Quote:
But really hoping Cursed Tiki Temple is better than the other two regular APs and that some of those new parts have long hair, dresses, or at least genie tails. Cmooon TFB.

I've only played Enchanted Elven Forest, but there was a looooot of padding in that one (putting out fires, bouncing on platforms, etc). So yes, I also hope that Cursed Tiki Temple is worth the price of admission.
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#40 Posted: 10:51:21 13/01/2017
Oh, I'm sooo happy about this update! smilie
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
LordElohim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#41 Posted: 10:52:35 13/01/2017
Quote: Darkling183
Quote: Bifrost

I was wondering why that thread was closed. As you said, this announcement doesn't confirm or deny anything about the future of the series. It certainly doesn't confirm that "the series is still alive and absolutely kicking it", or warrant the closure of that thread.

Quote:

I've only played Enchanted Elven Forest, but there was a looooot of padding in that one (putting out fires, bouncing on platforms, etc). So yes, I also hope that Cursed Tiki Temple is worth the price of admission.

I sent him a PM immediately when I saw the thread had been closed, and haven't gotten a reply, though that was only 2-3 hours ago. Closing that thread made no sense to me, given that the discussion was entirely constructive, and had never devolved into flaming or arguments or anything. Closing it was unwarranted.

I have felt the game in general has been underwhelming, content wise, and I found all of the adventure packs to be disappointing. Thirty bucks for a figure, a creation crystal many of us already have (unless it's new, which it could be, since the level is), and a mystery chest I have no use for is not very appetizing. Since the figure itself unlocks the level, it could just as easily have been released as a single, they threw crap in with it just to charge an adventure pack price for it.
---
Hail Sithis
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:29:56 13/01/2017 by LordElohim
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#42 Posted: 10:58:03 13/01/2017
Yeah, aside from Wumpa Islands, the APs in this game are by far the worst. It's just so filler-like, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were regular levels at some point. Even if meh, until TT, the APs all felt like their own thing and a story on their own; most had their own villains, or introduced a special gimmick.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#43 Posted: 11:04:11 13/01/2017
wow you guys are sure know how to kill a hype smilie .
just tizzing, but seriously guys chear up. this update can mean allot of things, it can be used to get more money for sky 7 or it can be some sort of a "swansong". either way we will not know until after they lunch it and see for ourselves.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#44 Posted: 11:07:00 13/01/2017
100 new parts = Luminous parts? Please let it be true!
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
spot Yellow Sparx Gems: 1528
#45 Posted: 11:27:05 13/01/2017
Quote: omer1698
wow you guys are sure know how to kill a hype smilie .
just tizzing, but seriously guys chear up. this update can mean allot of things, it can be used to get more money for sky 7 or it can be some sort of a "swansong". either way we will not know until after they lunch it and see for ourselves.

I don't think Activision are short of money. They don't need to sell enough of this game to pay for the next game. They just need to believe that S7 would make enough profit and I doubt they're convinced of that.

But if we're lucky they will release further AP's. I doubt they'll release a whole new game anytime soon unless Switch does way better than I think it will.
#46 Posted: 11:36:41 13/01/2017
Thirty bucks for a figure, a cretion crystal many of us already have (unless it's new, which it could be, since the level is), and a mystery chest I have no use for it not very appetizing.

I hope at the very least that it's the life crystal that was only included in the dark starter pack. That way, it would at least have some resale value. And let's face it, re-releasing that exclusive crystal solely in an expensive adventure pack would be very Activision.

Quote:
Since the figure itself unlocks the level, it could just as easily been released as a single, they threw crap in with it just to charge an adventure pack price for it.

Yep, I agree. If they had always planned for Wild Storm to be a part of an adventure pack, then I believe there would already be a location for it on the M.A.P. and Toys for Bob would have designed a level piece for it. (I presume they didn't for the Crash pack because it contained two figures and thus would already be fairly expensive.)

Also, with the other adventure packs, the soul gems for the included sensei(s) can only be found in the included level. Wild Storm's soul gem is found in the Sensei Air Realm, indicating that they didn't initially plan to put him in an adventure pack.

So yes, this adventure pack just seems like a way to make Wild Storm more expensive, wring money out of people who want a Knight sensei but didn't want Ambush (while also screwing over players who want a non-villain Air sensei), and get rid of surplus Imaginite chests. It all feels very thrown-together to me (likely formulated as a final cash grab after they saw the first-month sales figures for the game).

I shudder to think what they might be planning for Tidepool. =/
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#47 Posted: 12:09:49 13/01/2017
Good news is nice for a change. I don't care if it's a cash grab. Let'em grab some cash if it will keep the franchise alive.
---
Any last wishes?
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#48 Posted: 12:11:14 13/01/2017
I wonder if the Creator app will be updated with the new parts and stuff.
---
bye
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#49 Posted: 13:54:14 13/01/2017
I might just wait and see if we get a Portal Owner's pack, because I'm not too keen on spending another 75$ on another starter pack for this game. Even if it does come with Grave Clobber in place of King Pen like I theorized.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Page 1 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me