Forum

Poll

Favourite CTR:NF Spyro skin?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Harassment? [CLOSED]
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#1 Posted: 04:37:59 09/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Wait, posting music videos is harassment now?

Should I go through and start reporting all posted music videos to help the mods clean up this streak of harassment?
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 6208
#2 Posted: 04:48:05 09/01/2017
We know that you were doing passive aggressive doxing to another user of that name. Hence the takedown. Continue further and you will be banned.
---
'I really like this jacket but the sleeves are much too long"
Motörhead - Back On the Funny Farm - Another Perfect Day (1983)
Trix Master 100 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6416
#3 Posted: 04:51:19 09/01/2017
It's not the music video. It's the not so settle passive aggressive jabs you've been giving lately to a user of the same name (which you figured out through facebook, since she certainly never gave out her name on any other social media). Thus causing the removal. Just because you found a singer with the same name mind you, it doesn't make it any better or less noticeable. It was clear flame/troll bait. If you continue this form of doxxing and passive aggression, we'll be forced to assign you a suspension.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
trix is a
icon from Empoh
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#4 Posted: 04:53:38 09/01/2017 | Topic Creator
I posted a music video from a very talented singer with an amazing voice. It never linked to another user, and, as far as I'm aware, the singer isn't a member of this forum. If she is, I apologize for outing her - I can understand why she'd want to keep her identity private.

So... are we formally creating rules against doxxing on these forums, or do these rules against doxxing *only* apply to me? Because there are several posts where folks' personal information is being shared without their permission or consent and those posts are still up, unedited.

Quote: Trix Master 100
It's not the music video. It's the not so settle passive aggressive jabs you've been giving lately to a user of the same name (which you figured out through facebook, since she certainly never gave out her name on any other social media).


A.) Simply untrue. The user in question posted the information in question on this very forum.

B.) Apparently, it's okay - and encouraged - to take folks' personal information from other sites and repost it here. Is that not the case? If it isn't okay (which is fully understandable and something I completely agree with), then can we get a thread clean up in the Imaginators forum?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:58:57 09/01/2017 by UncleBob
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 5833
#5 Posted: 05:00:56 09/01/2017
Please share them, but to my knowledge there hasn't been any other passive aggressive doxxing attempts outside of yours.

I'm honestly getting real sick and tired of your passive aggressive behavior that curtails (and frankly breaks) rules and pushes harassment, and your attempts at feigning innocence and pointing the finger "b-but they did it too!".

You know exactly what you were doing and trying to play the blame game doesn't absolve you from your own actions. Life doesn't work that way and for someone who claims to be as level headed and mature as you do, you of all people should be well aware of that fact.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:03:24 09/01/2017 by CAV
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 6208
#6 Posted: 05:01:10 09/01/2017
Quote: UncleBob
I posted a music video from a very talented singer with an amazing voice. It never linked to another user, and, as far as I'm aware, the singer isn't a member of this forum. If she is, I apologize for outing her - I can understand why she'd want to keep her identity private.

So... are we formally creating rules against doxxing on these forums, or do these rules against doxxing *only* apply to me? Because there are several posts where folks' personal information is being shared without their permission or consent and those posts are still up, unedited.


Are you actually serious? So you happen to post a topic with a singer of the same name as another user, whom you've had some pretty major squabbles with in the past, and you DON'T think that's flaming, when even they know you are? [User Posted Image]. You're kidding, right?
---
'I really like this jacket but the sleeves are much too long"
Motörhead - Back On the Funny Farm - Another Perfect Day (1983)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:04:53 09/01/2017 by JCW555
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#7 Posted: 05:05:17 09/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: CAV
Please share them, but to my knowledge there hasn't been any other passive aggressive doxxing attempts outside of yours.


I never said the doxxing was passive agressive. I'm not sure why the tone of the doxxing makes a difference. Straight-up doxxing is allowed, but passive-aggressive doxxing isn't?
Trix Master 100 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6416
#8 Posted: 05:06:57 09/01/2017
[User Posted Image]

It doesn't matter what you say, we know what you did was malicious doxxing.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
trix is a
icon from Empoh
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#9 Posted: 05:08:26 09/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: UncleBob
Quote: CAV
Please share them, but to my knowledge there hasn't been any other passive aggressive doxxing attempts outside of yours.


I never said the doxxing was passive agressive. I'm not sure why the tone of the doxxing makes a difference. Straight-up doxxing is allowed, but passive-aggressive doxxing isn't?


Quote: CAV
I'm honestly getting real sick and tired of your passive aggressive behavior that curtails (and frankly breaks) rules and pushes harassment, and your attempts at feigning innocence and pointing the finger "b-but they did it too!".


Please point to the rule I am breaking that *isnt* being broken by your special friend.

I'll wait.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#10 Posted: 05:10:28 09/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Trix Master 100
[User Posted Image]

It doesn't matter what you say, we know what you did was malicious doxxing.



Funny.. searching for and publishing private information... isn't that *exactly* what was being done in the Skylanders thread that I asked to be stopped?

And the funniest thing is, not a single person on this forum that didn't already have that information (which, as it's been posted on this forum *by* he user in question, it's not that surprising anyone has it) would have been able to make the connection between a random music video and anyone in particular.

Until the Defense Force came in, full-force, and, effectively, doxxed the user by linking the video to her. Good job, guys.

So, rules against doxxing and deleting posts by users who republish personal information from other websites without consent... I vote yay. Who's with me?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:17:29 09/01/2017 by UncleBob
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 5833
#11 Posted: 05:15:07 09/01/2017
Quote: UncleBob
Quote: CAV
Please share them, but to my knowledge there hasn't been any other passive aggressive doxxing attempts outside of yours.


I never said the doxxing was passive agressive. I'm not sure why the tone of the doxxing makes a difference. Straight-up doxxing is allowed, but passive-aggressive doxxing isn't?


If the tone of the doxxing doesn't make a difference why in the nine circles of hell are you trying to defend yourself here?

Quote: UncleBob
Please point to the rule I am breaking that *isnt* being broken by your special friend.

I'll wait.


I asked you for the godforsaken proof and you haven't provided a lick.

I am a moderator of Stuff and Nonsense and Idle Chatter. I do not moderate Imaginators or any other Skylanders boards. I have no reason to go in there. I do not go in there.
Trix Master 100 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6416
#12 Posted: 05:19:57 09/01/2017
Quote: UncleBob
Quote: Trix Master 100
[User Posted Image]

It doesn't matter what you say, we know what you did was malicious doxxing.



Funny.. searching for and publishing private information... isn't that *exactly* what was being done in the Skylanders thread that I asked to be stopped?


LinkID and IMDB are public information sites that show work careers of those. And you are allowed to talk about Careers since those technically public information posted on a public site and guess what you're allowed to repost and talk about that career information outside of LinkID in LinkID's terms of service.

Also you've been calling this user by their name before that little "stop doxxing" fit you had over there. (Hypocritical for you especially to say actually).
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
trix is a
icon from Empoh
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 6208
#13 Posted: 05:21:06 09/01/2017
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Reiche_III

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1918120/

https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-graham-0a26275

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeff-poffenbarger-84141319

http://venturebeat.com/2015/06...nders-vehicles/ (picture contained in article: [User Posted Image])

You can find all of this info freely and openly on the internet. And it's not like game devs are any secret. Reading credits of game is considered doxxing now to you?
---
'I really like this jacket but the sleeves are much too long"
Motörhead - Back On the Funny Farm - Another Perfect Day (1983)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:22:15 09/01/2017 by JCW555
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#14 Posted: 05:25:53 09/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Cav: if you don't know what you're discussing, you should educate yourself on it before discussing it. And it is not my place to educate you. But, since you seem to be a decent guy, start here and go backwards: //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/vi...page=16#6196132

Quote: Trix Master 100
LinkID and IMDB are public information sites that show work careers of those. And you are allowed to talk about Careers since those technically public information posted on a public site and guess what you're allowed to repost and talk about that career information outside of LinkID in LinkID's terms of service.


I'm sorry, I do not know what LinkID is or how it applies here.

LinkedIN, If that is what you're trying to spew out, is absolutly NOT a public site or resource and the terms and conditions of the site make it very clear that it's not there for folks to fish for private information.

Seriously, read the Wikipedia article on Doxxing - LinkedIn is mentioned several times in the article.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#15 Posted: 05:29:40 09/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote:
You can find all of this info freely and openly on the internet. And it's not like game devs are any secret. Reading credits of game is considered doxxing now to you?


Posting people's places of employment *is* considered doxxing. Period. This isn't some new, crazy thing I invented. It's basic, common sense.

But, if you believe that information being found on the internet makes it okay to republish, then wouldn't the fact that I found said information in questioned posted ON THIS FORUM BY THE PERSON THEM SELF then make it okay, per your own system of beliefs?
Trix Master 100 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6416
#16 Posted: 05:31:39 09/01/2017
Quote: UncleBob
Cav: if you don't know what you're discussing, you should educate yourself on it before discussing it. And it is not my place to educate you. But, since you seem to be a decent guy, start here and go backwards: //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/vi...page=16#6196132

Quote: Trix Master 100
LinkID and IMDB are public information sites that show work careers of those. And you are allowed to talk about Careers since those technically public information posted on a public site and guess what you're allowed to repost and talk about that career information outside of LinkID in LinkID's terms of service.


I'm sorry, I do not know what LinkID is or how it applies here.

LinkedIN, If that is what you're trying to spew out, is absolutly NOT a public site or resource and the terms and conditions of the site make it very clear that it's not there for folks to fish for private information.

Seriously, read the Wikipedia article on Doxxing - LinkedIn is mentioned several times in the article.


Oh LinkedIN. My bad on mixing up words. But I did read the privacy policy of that site and-
[User Posted Image]

I recommend taking a read for yourself on that before jumping to conclusions. https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy

So if the user was able to see the profile themselves, it was made public information.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
trix is a
icon from Empoh
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#17 Posted: 05:32:54 09/01/2017 | Topic Creator
That's the privacy policy, not the terms and conditions. Go read those, then get back to me.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#18 Posted: 05:35:12 09/01/2017
Quote: UncleBob
That's the privacy policy, not the terms and conditions. Go read those, then get back to me.



hey!! did you know you can have a discussion with mods without being a passive aggressive jerk about it?
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#19 Posted: 05:37:31 09/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: StriderSwag
Quote: UncleBob
That's the privacy policy, not the terms and conditions. Go read those, then get back to me.



hey!! did you know you can have a discussion with mods without being a passive aggressive jerk about it?



I gives what I gets.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#20 Posted: 05:38:59 09/01/2017
Quote: UncleBob
Quote: StriderSwag
Quote: UncleBob
That's the privacy policy, not the terms and conditions. Go read those, then get back to me.



hey!! did you know you can have a discussion with mods without being a passive aggressive jerk about it?



I gives what I gets.


hey dude, youre the one who started this whooooooole thread by being passive aggressive
dont get offended when they are too, since your attitude started this
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#21 Posted: 05:40:22 09/01/2017 | Topic Creator
No, me simply asking folks to not go around reposting personal information without consent is what started this.
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 6208
#22 Posted: 05:44:29 09/01/2017
Honestly, if you think LinkedIn is doxxing Bob, call Microsoft (their owner as of June 2016) and file a complaint, and call the NYSE and try to de-list them from the stock exchange for doxxing.
---
'I really like this jacket but the sleeves are much too long"
Motörhead - Back On the Funny Farm - Another Perfect Day (1983)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:45:52 09/01/2017 by JCW555
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#23 Posted: 05:46:37 09/01/2017
Quote: UncleBob
No, me simply asking folks to not go around reposting personal information without consent is what started this.


Quote: UncleBob
Should I go through and start reporting all posted music videos to help the mods clean up this streak of harassment?


does this SERIOUSLY not sound like youre being a jerk to you? if so, what were you trying to accomplish here other than flaming moderators who have much better things to do than deal with this?
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#24 Posted: 05:49:20 09/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: JCW555
Honestly, if you think LinkedIn is doxxing Bob, call Microsoft (their owner), and call the NYSE and try to de-list them from the stock exchange.


LinkedIn is not doxxing and that's an absolutly stupid argument that no one here is trying to make.

Taking personal information from one site and reposting it without consent or permission IS doxxing. Period.

Meanwhile, I took information posted by a user on this very site and reposted it onto this very site, and somehow, this is what y'all decide to get up in arms about. Not the users reposting tons of information from another site.

You are really showing your true selves here.
Seiki Emerald Sparx Gems: 4976
#25 Posted: 05:51:00 09/01/2017
K so wait a minute... this is originally because of something posted on LinkedIn? Isn't LinkedIn made for the sake of posting job related information publicly to help get a job and get your name out there for others to see? Isn't the entire point of the site for information related to job history to be relatively public and shareable?

Regardless of sharing off LinkedIn, people who've worked at TFB/VV would have their names and positions perfectly visible in the credits of any given Skylanders game that they'd have worked on. The guy with Occulus as well would have a job type that would make it so his name and position is fairly public information that wouldn't need to be found off LinkedIn alone. Though I'll admit the part about YMCA may be a little more personal than the other positions listed.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:56:52 09/01/2017 by Seiki
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#26 Posted: 05:57:09 09/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Seiki
K so wait a minute... this is originally because of something posted on LinkedIn? Isn't LinkedIn made for the sake of posting job related information publicly to help get a job and get your name out there for others to see? Isn't the entire point of the site for information related to job history to be relatively public and shareable?


You're half right. It's designed to be shared amongst those who need the information. Like, if I'm looking for a job, I can post my qualifications and those who are looking for someone with my qualifications can find me.

In no way is it intended to be used to stalk folks, find out what they're up to now, or to repost their information for general public consumption. It's spelled out in the ToS of the site.

To break it down to something more comparable - think Facebook. You post stuff there for your friends and family. Not for anyone and everyone on the internet. If I went to your personal Facebook page and started reposting your personal stuff for everyone here, you'd be upset, right?

Quote: Seiki
Though I'll admit the part about YMCA may be a little more personal than the other positions listed.


You'll note, that's the point where I stepped in and said something.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:00:32 09/01/2017 by UncleBob
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#27 Posted: 05:59:20 09/01/2017
Quote: UncleBob
Meanwhile, I took information posted by a user on this very site and reposted it onto this very site, and somehow, this is what y'all decide to get up in arms about. Not the users reposting tons of information from another site.

You are really showing your true selves here.


because this site is made up of and largely run by minors and young adults
we have personal lives that we dont want meddled in, and its different when someone (a grown adult) posts that information on a public spot for much different purposes

ive shown my picture to people from here but that doesnt mean i want it posted for the world to see, how is this any different?
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 5833
#28 Posted: 06:02:22 09/01/2017
Quote: UncleBob
Cav: if you don't know what you're discussing, you should educate yourself on it before discussing it. And it is not my place to educate you. But, since you seem to be a decent guy, start here and go backwards: //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/vi...page=16#6196132


As a mod of IC and not Skylanders, it's not my place to have to surf through those threads to try and find out what you're on about. It absolutely is your place to educate me on what you're referencing when you're trying to use it as a trump card on me.

That said, this definitely shines a new light and makes the situation a little more murky. Though it largely depends on just how readily accessible this dev's details are, and if he openly discusses these details online for all to see (rather than them just being posted on a LinkedIn).

Quote: UncleBob
Quote: JCW555
Honestly, if you think LinkedIn is doxxing Bob, call Microsoft (their owner), and call the NYSE and try to de-list them from the stock exchange.


LinkedIn is not doxxing and that's an absolutly stupid argument that no one here is trying to make.

Taking personal information from one site and reposting it without consent or permission IS doxxing. Period.

Meanwhile, I took information posted by a user on this very site and reposted it onto this very site, and somehow, this is what y'all decide to get up in arms about. Not the users reposting tons of information from another site.

You are really showing your true selves here.


Except that to my knowledge this user never shared their name in full on dS. Granted, this full name is fairly easily accessible on another site that they readily share often (if you have a keen eye), but then this means you're falling into a pitfall of your own.

Either both cases are doxxing, or neither are. Pick one.

Quote: UncleBob
No, me simply asking folks to not go around reposting personal information without consent is what started this.


That does not even remotely justify doing the same actions yourself. You're sounding like a child on the playground who thinks just because one child didn't get in trouble for kicking sand in someone's face means you can readily do so yourself without consequence.

And regardless of what conclusion is to be come at this, this is still a case of harassment through passive aggressive noting of a user's last name when they may not want that information spread as such.

If your point in all this was to shed light on a possible doxxing case, congratulations and thank you. But please do a solid and just message someone about it rather than poking the bear in a different section and then whine when you get slapped for it by someone who doesn't regular the board you're talking about.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:04:25 09/01/2017 by CAV
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#29 Posted: 06:04:21 09/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote:
ive shown my picture to people from here but that doesnt mean i want it posted for the world to see, how is this any different?


See, you're kinda starting to get it.

But it doesn't matter if you're 12, 21, or 51 - it should always be your choice when and where to share your private information - and other folks have zero right to take that away from you.

As for reposting the information from LinkedIn, if any one of those users wish to remove that information from their profile, they can. However, they can't go into user posts here on dS and edit that info.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#30 Posted: 06:11:53 09/01/2017
I have been watching this thread for a while since Bob's topic over in Idle Chatter was deleted for obvious flame baiting. To avoid more discorder, I have removed the personal job position I have posted on my comments in the topic Bob is talking about, except for the job position of the other staff member that was publicly posted on his Twitter for all to see (and mentioned as well by Skylanders Press). Mods will have to edit other users' posts so that they can remove the job position.

But Bob, I will ask you nicely to not post my full name on here and stop referring to me by my last name, as I have not given you my full consent to do so. I am aware that you are incredibly biased towards me, but this has gotten far enough.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Seiki Emerald Sparx Gems: 4976
#31 Posted: 06:20:47 09/01/2017
Quote: UncleBob
Quote: Seiki
K so wait a minute... this is originally because of something posted on LinkedIn? Isn't LinkedIn made for the sake of posting job related information publicly to help get a job and get your name out there for others to see? Isn't the entire point of the site for information related to job history to be relatively public and shareable?


You're half right. It's designed to be shared amongst those who need the information. Like, if I'm looking for a job, I can post my qualifications and those who are looking for someone with my qualifications can find me.

In no way is it intended to be used to stalk folks, find out what they're up to now, or to repost their information for general public consumption. It's spelled out in the ToS of the site.

To break it down to something more comparable - think Facebook. You post stuff there for your friends and family. Not for anyone and everyone on the internet. If I went to your personal Facebook page and started reposting your personal stuff for everyone here, you'd be upset, right?

Quote: Seiki
Though I'll admit the part about YMCA may be a little more personal than the other positions listed.


You'll note, that's the point where I stepped in and said something.


True I would be upset, but I also have never shared anything on this site regarding personal information other than the state I live in and a picture of myself over 2 years ago. I take enough care to ensure online anonymity that my real name is rather hard to find with my internet existence mostly being under the name "Seiki Tanaka", so if anything I'd be more upset that you were able to find a breach through the layers of security settings and near non-existence of my real name being on the internet to find the information in the first place.

As for the deal with you stepping in there, I believe we both know you're old enough to know the saying of "two wrongs don't make a right" and bringing it to the attention of a Mod and explaining things clearly would've made you look far less like the bad guy in all of this. Since I feel what you did is a bit worse as you posted the real name of someone who has a username to avoid the fact intentionally while having a relatively high level position at TFB brings the guy's name into a bright enough light to allow the information to be slightly more public in nature, even if the particular position is still relatively private. Though of course that doesn't mean I'm 100% ok with said position being shared openly like that.

I also must agree with CAV in that not every Mod patrols every section, nor do they read every topic within every section. Skylanders and the Off Topic boards are notoriously known to be like two completely different worlds where many users don't venture between them. If you are going to bring up the topic like this and refer back to that topic, it is within your responsibility to provide a link to the point you are referencing. This is simple evidence to back up an argument which is rather needed to prove a point in general.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 06:37:04 09/01/2017 by Seiki
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#32 Posted: 06:28:17 09/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: CAV
\It absolutely is your place to educate me on what you're referencing when you're trying to use it as a trump card on me.


No, it's really not. I make about $23/hour working. If you'd like to give me comparable compensation, we can look into setting up a tutor program for you.

Quote:
That said, this definitely shines a new light and makes the situation a little more murky. Though it largely depends on just how readily accessible this dev's details are, and if he openly discusses these details online for all to see (rather than them just being posted on a LinkedIn).


Sure.

Quote:
Except that to my knowledge this user never shared their name in full on dS.


Again, your knowledge is lacking. Contrary to popular belief, I'm not so bored with life that I've stalked the user in question across the internet. They have, in fact, posted their name on these very forums.

Quote:
Granted, this full name is fairly easily accessible on another site that they readily share often (if you have a keen eye), but then this means you're falling into a pitfall of your own.

Either both cases are doxxing, or neither are. Pick one.


Here's the thing - I'm not super-proud of my action - but I'm not sure I'd really consider it doxxing - said user has posted their name on these very forums, thusly, I have merely reposted the same information they provided on the same forums where they provided it. Now, if I went around to their Youtube channels and what not and reposted it, that'd be doxxing.

But.... to your point... Either both cases are doxxing or neither are. Pick one. Either the mods of this forum believe that I doxxed someone, therefore I should be punished. If so, then the other user *also* doxxed folks and should receive the same exact punishment for every and every individual they doxxed. I am okay with that. Perfectly okay with that. So I'll take this statement of yours "Either both cases are doxxing, or neither are. Pick one." and ask you to pick one.

Quote:
If your point in all this was to shed light on a possible doxxing case, congratulations and thank you. But please do a solid and just message someone about it rather than poking the bear in a different section and then whine when you get slapped for it by someone who doesn't regular the board you're talking about.


I sent two folks messages about it (one ignored the message, the other tap-danced around the actions of the other user) and multiple moderators have been in the original thread where this started since it started with no action taken. So, there's that.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#33 Posted: 06:40:40 09/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Aura24
To avoid more discorder, I have removed the personal job position I have posted on my comments in the topic Bob is talking about, except for the job position of the other staff member that was publicly posted on his Twitter for all to see (and mentioned as well by Skylanders Press). Mods will have to edit other users' posts so that they can remove the job position.


Thanks!

Quote:
But Bob, I will ask you nicely to not post my full name on here and stop referring to me by my last name, as I have not given you my full consent to do so. I am aware that you are incredibly biased towards me, but this has gotten far enough.


An absolutely fair and reasonable request.

And may I make one of my own?

Stop harassing me whenever I make a comment you don't like. I generally go out of my way to even avoid replying in threads after you, let alone, not responding to your posts. I finally gave in and made a completely reasonable and polite request for folks to stop posting personal information. I did not call you out by name, even if you were the primary one doing it - I was trying to be polite and keep the drama with you to a minimum (because you and your Mod Defense Force are all about the drama). Well, that was a mistake.

So, then, I decided to be the bigger man and just drop it. I wasn't as nice about it, but I said y'all could do what you want. Life went on... until, later in the thread, I made a post, then you went and attacked me for it, trying to insult and belittle me by calling me "Bobby" for absolutely no reason other than to be petty. When I responded in kind, you then reported the post and got me moderated. Because that's the kind of petty, vindictive stuff you pull every time I end up in a tiff with you (and, again, to point out, I already tried to end this once - but you choose to drag it out....)

So, my request to you - stop harassing me. You can reply to my posts if you can keep it civil and not be the petty queen of replies. I welcome discourse with you. You're knowledgeable about the Skylanders universe, you have above average grammar skills, and you do good work on the forums. But I've seen it with other posters and I see it with me (like, you know, when you made that article on me on the wiki...).

Even if you choose not to agree to my request, I will honor yours - and I still ask the admin and mods of this site to create an official rule about doxxing - just as I did before.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 5833
#34 Posted: 06:43:36 09/01/2017
Quote: UncleBob
No, it's really not. I make about $23/hour working. If you'd like to give me comparable compensation, we can look into setting up a tutor program for you.

Sure.

Here's the thing - I'm not super-proud of my action - but I'm not sure I'd really consider it doxxing - said user has posted their name on these very forums, thusly, I have merely reposted the same information they provided on the same forums where they provided it. Now, if I went around to their Youtube channels and what not and reposted it, that'd be doxxing.

But.... to your point... Either both cases are doxxing or neither are. Pick one. Either the mods of this forum believe that I doxxed someone, therefore I should be punished. If so, then the other user *also* doxxed folks and should receive the same exact punishment for every and every individual they doxxed. I am okay with that. Perfectly okay with that. So I'll take this statement of yours "Either both cases are doxxing, or neither are. Pick one." and ask you to pick one.


So you're telling me I should scan each and every section of the forum to ensure that I know every possible detail in case something like this happens? I do not have the time or interest in Skylanders to do that. It's why I moderate two sections specifically unrelated to them.

To what I'm hearing, this user never posted their info in full on the site. Throwaway references once or twice but never a full post.

That said I'm personally at the conclusion that both should be punished to at least some degree, but I'd rather we consult with Dark before coming to such conclusions (and we have reached out to him).

But what was that saying we always hear when we're kids? Two wrongs don't make a right?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:43:56 09/01/2017 by CAV
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#35 Posted: 06:55:03 09/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: CAV
So you're telling me I should scan each and every section of the forum to ensure that I know every possible detail in case something like this happens? I do not have the time or interest in Skylanders to do that. It's why I moderate two sections specifically unrelated to them.


No, I'm saying that if you *choose* to insert yourself into a situation, it's your responsibility to educate yourself on the details of the situation beforehand. This is a great life lesson.

Quote:
To what I'm hearing, this user never posted their info in full on the site. Throwaway references once or twice but never a full post.

First and last name have been posted (and I sent said user the details so they can go about having them removed, if they wish). I'm not sure what "throwaway references" means, but it doesn't really make a difference, now does it? They posted the information onto this very site, n'est ce-pas?

Quote:
That said I'm personally at the conclusion that both should be punished to at least some degree, but I'd rather we consult with Dark before coming to such conclusions (and we have reached out to him).


And I'm fine with that, so long as all involved are punished the same. Like, one week ban for each individual doxxed or such. I'm a big boy, I can take my medicine.

Quote:
But what was that saying we always hear when we're kids? Two wrongs don't make a right?


You know, I once had a discussion with my French teacher about something like this. I had to translate a sentence and choose the right words to fill in the blank and translated something to the extent of "Helping the rebels is good." - she challenged me on this, thinking I had chosen the wrong words - and I pointed out that our very country was built on rebellion.

"Two wrongs don't make a right" is a very spiffy phrase for kids, but, as adults, you tend to learn that sometimes, a wrong does make something right.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 5833
#36 Posted: 07:03:09 09/01/2017
I "inserted" myself in the matter by MMing a post that I saw was harassment. The context behind it did not matter until you made this thread asking why it was removed for harassment, for which I (the one who delivered the MM) would have to respond. You then asked me about details and context that I wasn't aware of.
You absolutely are asking me to know every working gear of the site even when it doesn't pertain to the sections that matter to my job.

So what you're basically saying is that you're totally ok with a suspension so long as the other person is suspended for longer. You mention same and equal punishment but then absolutely ask for the other person's punishment to be considerably longer. Nice.

Honestly **** off with that argument. You don't like that someone doxxed another person, so your choice of action is to doxx them in return to make a stand and bring light to an issue that what they did isn't ok.
If you want those large scale examples that don't at all relate to this, you can take it to the level of murder. You saw someone murder somebody but they didn't get committed for it, so to deal with it you murdered someone yourself, but now cry about getting in trouble because "they did it too and I was trying to make a social comment".
Going to argue that it doesn't compare? Neither does the comparison between the formation of a country and the sharing of someone's personal info.
Please get off the soapbox. You're wearing grooves into it with how often you get on it.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#37 Posted: 07:09:02 09/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: CAV
The context behind it did not matter


See, this is where you're showing again.

You say the context behind it doesn't matter. So, then, remove the context behind the post you chose to moderate - and what was it?

A post with a very beautiful music video. A personal favorite song of mine (that was used wonderfully in Watchmen, by the way...)

The context *does* matter. You, again, *choose* (no one made you, don't play innocent) to insert yourself into the situation by making an effort to learn one side of the context, no effort to learn the other side, then made a decision. It's like you've walked up, saw two people fighting, one guy said "He started it!", so you knocked the other guy unconscious, then high-fived the first without ever bothering to ask the unconscious guy what was going on. And now you're crying about it because you got called out on it.

PS: Funny you mention murder in your post. If Abby murders three people and Beverly murders one person, would you expect these two people to spend the same amount of time in jail?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 07:13:17 09/01/2017 by UncleBob
Trix Master 100 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6416
#38 Posted: 07:19:15 09/01/2017
How about we drop this whole thing and wait to see who gets banned as soon as the admin replies? Sound good to anyone?

Because the admin has the final call here, not us anymore. Unless he never gets back to us.

Edit: Please refrain from any further potential rule breaking (this includes pms) or I would have to do some banning outside of this scenario and under different charges.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
trix is a
icon from Empoh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:26:20 09/01/2017 by Trix Master 100
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#39 Posted: 07:25:59 09/01/2017 | Topic Creator
To state the obvious, no one is forcing you or anyone else to read/partake in this thread.
Trix Master 100 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6416
#40 Posted: 07:32:49 09/01/2017
True. But I feel like closing this thread to help people avoid temptation. It's already did what it did and there's a solution. No need to continue to have this discussion open, if it's only going to bring in more people being baited into irritation and confusion.

If you guys want to know the end results when and if we get them ask, but so far it's potential doxxing bans. If it's not that, it would be harassment bans for sure. That is all, nothing further. Go to sleep.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
trix is a
icon from Empoh
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me