darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Allegedly, Skylanders has been canceled... [Rumors]
First | Previous | Page 16 of 29 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 27 28 29
Allegedly, Skylanders has been canceled... [Rumors]
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#751 Posted: 16:01:30 06/01/2017
we all want that there will be sky 7, i will take anything but the thing we have now.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#752 Posted: 16:31:54 06/01/2017
@bifrost:disagree, It can still be, I have seen that in my company the past year.it could mean something or It could mean nothing.and yes, there are Happy people.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
LiamR Red Sparx Gems: 85
#753 Posted: 17:23:46 06/01/2017
Nothing's written in stone yet, but whatever happens, at least you got like 6 games out of it and nothing that happens now will take them away. Most of my favourite franchises like Elite Beat Agents and The Wonderful 101 were a one time thing, so it's something to appreciate.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#754 Posted: 17:43:45 06/01/2017
Yup. We hope the figures don't get impossible to find.
---
Bruh
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#755 Posted: 18:03:07 06/01/2017
Save, save, and don't miss the next wave !
---
Any last wishes?
Operationgamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1289
#756 Posted: 18:26:05 06/01/2017
Quote: LiamR
Nothing's written in stone yet, but whatever happens, at least you got like 6 games out of it and nothing that happens now will take them away. Most of my favourite franchises like Elite Beat Agents and The Wonderful 101 were a one time thing, so it's something to appreciate.

Liam pretty much said it best. Nothing will stop us from loving the games we enjoy. The Klonoa and Epic Mickey series don't have many games in them but that doesn't stop me from loving and enjoying them (even though I'vd only played one game in the former series). Same will be said for Skylanders.

BTW, I checked Eric Rogers' Twitter and it seems the matter between him and Liam was resolved.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:45:06 06/01/2017 by Operationgamer
FaboulousFab Yellow Sparx Gems: 1247
#757 Posted: 18:47:09 06/01/2017
Wonderful news.... but only for my wallet smilie

I'm angry against actimoney, why making so much half-made games,
taking some 2 years developpement for each game would have made very strong entries.
Imagiine trap team with online and PVP features, time attack and score mode (and no Pay walls)
Figure Superchargers with proper arena features, more free tracks and more balanced levels.
Even Imaginator could be a beast with a real story and real arena features.

For me the greed killed all the fun and the appeal of this formidable franchise.
And why (except profit), charging so much all the gimmick figures year after year,
they dig themselves their tomb by taking fans like milkcows.
---
Marge: But I thought broccoli was...
Dr. Hibbert: Oh yes. One of the deadliest plants on earth. It tries to warn you itself with its terrible taste.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#758 Posted: 19:02:37 06/01/2017
It won't stop me from enjoying, but being the lore-bookworm I was, it's just so frustrating not seeing the plot get realized past what SuperChargers did. From Malefor(and how he found Spyro again), to the Ancients, or the matter of humans in Skylands, we were given half answers at the most. There was clearly a story with beginning in end in some aspects of the world and we never saw it through.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#759 Posted: 19:13:21 06/01/2017
I think it's safe to say that those two easter variants will probably be canned
Partajeesus Blue Sparx Gems: 833
#760 Posted: 21:38:33 06/01/2017
Quote: ninja9351
The figures were originally $7 and have now more than doubled to $15.

Here in Finland prices were pretty much the opposite. Giants were 17.95 euros, trap masters 19.95 euros and now the senseis cost 14.95 euros.
Can't remember how much the first skylanders were on release. My guess is 12.95e - 15.95e.

edit:

I don't really mind if imaginators is the last game in the series, because for me imaginators has the best gameplay and I haven't been this addicted to skylanders since spyros adventure when everything was still new and exciting.

I bought imaginators on release day. All the other skylanders games I bought 2-6 months after release so I could get them cheaper.
I bought all the adventure packs. That never happened before.
I have created 10 imaginators of my own
Completed story 10 times and will complete it few more times.
Bought 6 senseis and goimg to buy few more.
Thanks to imaginators I actually went back to superchargers and noticed that I really like it. I bought it december 2015 for 10 euros and completed the story once. Now I have bought new figures and vehicles for it.
I watched the first season of skylanders academy in one sitting and want more.

The only thing that is quite "meh" in imaginators is the story.
Of course I would like to see next skylanders game that improves the character creation system while being 100% compatible with our current imaginators (yeah, like that is going to happen), but if this is the end then at least the series went out with a bang.

That being said, I'm pretty upset if the academy doesn't get second season and proper ending if (and that still is an IF ) the whole franchise is canned.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 22:04:53 06/01/2017 by Partajeesus
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#761 Posted: 21:47:24 06/01/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: angelg
Hmmm, not gonna board on this drama train yet. We are at the same point than before, Liam's statement as the only "proof".

Employees moving to other companies happens all the time,specially in Big businesses. I won't take that as a prrof of anything.

I'll keep waiting for more solid evidence.

I'm surprised though at how many people is Happy with all this negative speculation.I Guess there is always someone who wins, no matter the outcome.

It's not normal when 3 of the major devs move. They were the face of the franchise aside from Paul Reiche. No one is happy.

Most of the staff is still there at TFB, including Paul Reiche.

Alex Ness now works at a new job (not at Oculus VR as I thought I'd read), while Jeff Poffenbarger works as Studio Head at Oculus VR.

Chris Wilson and Mike Graham are still positioned as senior producers of the franchise. But that can change. Who knows?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:08:19 09/01/2017 by Aura24
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#762 Posted: 22:04:43 06/01/2017
That's such a drop from working at a game studio (What did he do there?)
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:20:19 13/01/2017 by Matteomax
#763 Posted: 22:07:15 06/01/2017
He was Narrative Director/Writer and Chief of Staff at TFB.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 06:08:32 09/01/2017 by Aura24
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#764 Posted: 22:09:45 06/01/2017
Hey, uh... guys.... Chillax.

Can we do less creepy stalking/doxxing of private individuals? This is seriously getting out of hand.
#765 Posted: 22:15:06 06/01/2017
Quote: UncleBob

Can we do less creepy stalking/doxxing of private individuals? This is seriously getting out of hand.

Talking about someone's job positions they posted online by choice (via LinkedIn) is stalking and doxxing? I get that you're being overly protective. Bob, but still. No one here has even posted where the former staff are.

You chillax pfff
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:22:15 06/01/2017 by Aura24
#766 Posted: 22:25:25 06/01/2017
If a private individual chooses to post their information to websiteX, that doesn't make it open season to repost that information on websites A, B, and C.

It's bad form and quite tacky.

I mean, xxx, would you like folks here to repost every personal piece of information they can find out about *you*?

It's not productive and not the kind of environment we should really be fostering here.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:58:39 06/01/2017 by Buuzer
#767 Posted: 22:33:31 06/01/2017
Job positions aren't private when you post them online, Bob. You may want to thoroughly learn the definitions of stalking and doxxing before you go and accuse us.

I don't see the point of posting my last name here either. What are you trying to get at? To belittle me again? To try and prove a point? And before you try and respond, please take your own advice for once, before your ego gets hurt.

Chillax.
---
#768 Posted: 22:40:09 06/01/2017
Nevermind - I'm out. Some folks don't understand 'Personal' and I'm sure not paid to explain it to them.

Do what you want folks.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:47:48 06/01/2017 by UncleBob
#769 Posted: 22:48:03 06/01/2017
Jeff Poffenbarger posted on his Twitter profile that he's Studio Head at Oculus VR, and on Twitter, it is FAR more public.

But to satisfy you, and stop this nonsense you built up, I'll stop looking up positions, when I wasn't planning on looking up anything else anyway.
---
LiamR Red Sparx Gems: 85
#770 Posted: 23:23:14 06/01/2017

What are you talking about? This is basic research by looking at publicly available information that they have published of their own volition. That's not even close to doxxing.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#771 Posted: 23:25:25 06/01/2017
LinkedIn is about as public as a Facebook page! What the hell are you on about?
#772 Posted: 23:27:26 06/01/2017
It's okay, guys. Conversation is over now. It's best not to add more to the former short exchange or we might turn this topic over.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:29:17 06/01/2017 by Aura24
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#773 Posted: 23:59:37 06/01/2017
Guys, please, let's stop this conversation now and wait until some news.
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#774 Posted: 00:31:38 07/01/2017

Technically Elite Beat Agents ( one of my faves too btw ) is the 3rd game in the Ouendan franchise but it's still a valid point. I'm the same way too, a lot of my favorite games only have the 1 game or only ever got 1 sequel...StarTropics, 1080 Snowboarding, P.N.03, Drill Dozer, Wonderful 101, Bayonetta, Endless Ocean, Lollipop Chainsaw, No More Heroes, Killer Is Dead, Bulletstorm, Sin & Punishment, Geist, Odama, Codename S.T.E.A.M. and Eternal Darkness are all only 1 or 2 games each....plus, once you consider that the 3DS games are different you actually have 11 non-mobile Skylanders games
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#775 Posted: 00:55:30 07/01/2017
Quote: ChillStealthElf

Technically Elite Beat Agents ( one of my faves too btw ) is the 3rd game in the Ouendan franchise but it's still a valid point. I'm the same way too, a lot of my favorite games only have the 1 game or only ever got 1 sequel...StarTropics, 1080 Snowboarding, P.N.03, Drill Dozer, Wonderful 101, Bayonetta, Endless Ocean, Lollipop Chainsaw, No More Heroes, Killer Is Dead, Bulletstorm, Sin & Punishment, Geist, Odama, Codename S.T.E.A.M. and Eternal Darkness are all only 1 or 2 games each....plus, once you consider that the 3DS games are different you actually have 11 non-mobile Skylanders games

I was so disappointed when Viewtiful Joe got put out to pasture, those were some great games. Also Darksiders (which I really liked) is still very iffy if it ever gets a third game, and we have two more horsemen to go. There are a bunch of great franchises that got shorted, Skylanders was lucky to get as much output as they did - the only thing is it was compressed in a relatively short time period.
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#776 Posted: 01:46:57 07/01/2017
Quote: ChillStealthElf

A significant difference I see are the number of toys we have for the number of games they can be used in. If I consider 6 games (11 if counting the 3DS which is a good point and fortunately I own 4 of those and have never played them so I still have a fair bit to look forward to) then that's a good number of games for the first 32 characters from SSA. But for each game beyond that the actually amount of game play diminishes to now where the current characters only have this one game in which they can be used.

And I accept that I only need to buy a handful to play the game and any I purchase beyond the basics I do so by choice knowing full well that they can't be used in earlier games. But it is a shame that the series ends simply for the fact that King Pen etc will only ever be playable in these handful of chapters.
#777 Posted: 03:23:32 07/01/2017
Guys, do we know WHEN Skylanders 2017 was cancelled? I mean, it would've been cancelled back in 2015 right after VV finished SuperChargers or in early 2016.
---
LordElohim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#778 Posted: 03:28:27 07/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Aura24
Guys, do we know WHEN Skylanders 2017 was cancelled? I mean, it would've been cancelled back in 2015 right after VV finished SuperChargers or in early 2016.

What are you basing that date on? Games get cancelled in all stages of development, not just early on. A game can be canceled three days before it goes gold, and then never see the light of day. There is no cancellation timeframe any company is beholden to.
---
Hail Sithis
#779 Posted: 03:31:24 07/01/2017
I was just going by the dev cycle with TFB and VV. Usually right after one of them finishes a game, they start brainstorming the next before developing. But you're right. Still I wonder if maybe they might start on something related to it, who knows.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:35:55 07/01/2017 by Aura24
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#780 Posted: 04:13:13 07/01/2017
I remember that Liam said in his video that Activision decided to finish the series after Imaginators got released.
---
Bruh
Bitmap Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#781 Posted: 05:56:33 07/01/2017
One thing me and the Crash community have been discussing is that potentially most of the Skylanders team are moving on to the Crash series. Obviously VV are but it seems a bunch of Skylanders producers might be as well. Also is it just me or have I noticed a bunch of Skylanders fans moving on to Crash since the official N-Sane PSX reveal? Like not the kid fans but a lot of older people who run Skylanders channels and such.

If so, welcome to the Crash fanbase.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#782 Posted: 05:56:48 07/01/2017
I'm still going by when the Bala brothers high tailed it out of VV. It's not like they went off to bigger and brighter things either, they went off to a ratty building in downtown Troy to restart a company basically from scratch with no employees other than themselves...

They way I see it, the early numbers for Trap Team were pretty bad. What made it obvious to us that something was wrong was that Walmart refused to get much of it in. That was around sometime Thanksgiving 2014, right?

Activision most likely got really bad early numbers on wave 1 and 2 and then cut the supply of Trap Team stuff to meet less demand as all the companies were probably ordering less product by then as well. We know this because we got shortages of light and dark sets, the light and dark dragons were fairly hard to get after a short period (as well as most anything in the later waves) and no Yawn Traps other than in Aussieland. Something had to be up because we really didn't have all that much of a shortage mess prior to then, right? Other than that Drobot in the UK and Scratch. We could blame it on the freight shipping troubles of early 2015, but still they would have flooded the market ASAP when that mess cleared up if any demand was still there.

So it had to be that winter to that springtime which Skylanders 7 was firmly stopped or at least slowed down for further assessing. We all know that they need at least two years on these games as well. SuperChargers was obviously too far done to cancel it and quite possibly Imaginators as well. They probably made the cartoon in hopes that it would boost Imaginators to revive the brand somewhat, but it failed as well probably because they couldn't get a TV market to air it.

Either way, Activision couldn't realistically stop it until 2017 which was on VV's shift. The Bala Brothers knew this quite well and they surely felt that the studio would close down fairly soon and they wanted no part of that. They made arrangements in that spring for their departure mainly to see their last project (SuperChargers) off or for their contracts to run out.

So I'm going by Christmas time 2014 to Springtime 2015 when the big wigs actually had a very good idea when they were stopping the game protection. At that time they were probably exploring other options like a Cartoon Show, toy line, etc, something to extend the brand beyond the game. They probably still have plans for life beyond the games, so it'll be interesting to see what's next up for the brand.
---
Stay Cool!
#783 Posted: 06:06:04 07/01/2017
A non-toy to life game in the Skylanders series?

...Is that possible?
---
#784 Posted: 06:12:45 07/01/2017

...Is that possible?

not impossible, it can save money and it will be batter becuse you will need only one thing: the game itself. i would like to see real skylanders game but i can accepet that until there will be a sky7 there will be in the middle a small nonTTL game in between.
if activision will make one i belive it might help the franchise for pepole will be happy to see a skylander game that is not required toys to play with.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:32:55 07/01/2017 by omer1698
SNRUB Blue Sparx Gems: 775
#785 Posted: 06:37:40 07/01/2017
What's the possibility that the Acti producers like Chris Wilson and Mike G. being repositioned as producers for the Crash IP then?
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#786 Posted: 08:46:21 07/01/2017
I don't care how many seasons it gets, I just hope the staff get enough notice that they can give it a proper ending.

If S2 doesn't end with too much of a cliffhanger that hint another season, at least fans can get the feeling that it's over.

Yeah cause Netflix is giving Marco Polo a proper ending lol. If it's over it's over. If Acti. doesn't want to help pay for it I doubt Netflix will pay for it solo.
#787 Posted: 09:31:49 07/01/2017
Good point.
---
#788 Posted: 10:47:39 07/01/2017
i have a theory, its dumb and crazy but just hear me out: what if activision is not killing skylanders, but selling it to other compeny?
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#789 Posted: 11:04:02 07/01/2017
Quote: omer1698
i have a theory, its dumb and crazy but just hear me out: what if activision is not killing skylanders, but selling it to other compeny?

I'm sorry but that theory is dumb and crazy. Not to mention obviously not happening,
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#790 Posted: 11:08:04 07/01/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

I'm sorry but that theory is dumb and crazy. Not to mention obviously not happening,

I know like i said, dumb and crazy. Mabey will happen in our dream or in an other reality.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#791 Posted: 11:14:20 07/01/2017
If they did they would've change everything if it was in hands of another company nothing would be the same. Ever
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#792 Posted: 11:16:19 07/01/2017

...Is that possible?

anything is possible...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#793 Posted: 11:29:00 07/01/2017
Quote: Tigorus
I don't care how many seasons it gets, I just hope the staff get enough notice that they can give it a proper ending.

If S2 doesn't end with too much of a cliffhanger that hint another season, at least fans can get the feeling that it's over.

Yeah cause Netflix is giving Marco Polo a proper ending lol. If it's over it's over. If Acti. doesn't want to help pay for it I doubt Netflix will pay for it solo.

Marco Polo was a special case for being too expensive with little return. SA being top of kids' shows probably means its development is paid for already - but MP could also set a precent for Acti to make excuses.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:29:22 07/01/2017 by Bifrost
#794 Posted: 11:30:00 07/01/2017
Quote: sky-dragon
If they did they would've change everything if it was in hands of another company nothing would be the same. Ever

You are right, i wonder how skylanders will look like if activision was not its publisher but some one else, like lets say... Nintendo.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#795 Posted: 11:39:37 07/01/2017
Quote: sky-dragon

You are right, i wonder how skylanders will look like if activision was not its publisher but some one else, like lets say... Nintendo.

it would have had less characters in it, since amiibo figures dont function like skylanders figures. it probably would not had many figurines at all except a few and that fat mustache mario guy. since nintendo love putting him in every game they can.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:40:31 07/01/2017 by CountMoneyBone
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#796 Posted: 11:45:03 07/01/2017
I would have loved Nintendo releasing an amiibo dedicated Game.An action rpg with a Skylanderdish style, but I don't think that will ever happen, no matter how much Nintendo América has been insisting on this idea to Nintendo HQ.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#797 Posted: 12:04:57 07/01/2017
Well if skylanders was maade by nintendo from the start offcourse it will be differant, but we cant compline that it will be differant becuse for us it will never change.
But i belive they will keep some concepts like the elements, some of the npcs, eon, kaos but there will be differant skylanders and spyro will be well...not in the stats he is now.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:07:39 07/01/2017 by omer1698
SirKev7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1251
#798 Posted: 14:36:38 07/01/2017

Is this the Liam that wrote that post?
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#799 Posted: 14:39:27 07/01/2017
Quote: SirKev7

Is this the Liam that wrote that post?

Yes, that is a post made by Liam Robertson.

If you're referring to the post where he talks about the situation over in Skylanders HQ, then no!
#800 Posted: 15:15:10 07/01/2017
Quote: angelg
I would have loved Nintendo releasing an amiibo dedicated Game.An action rpg with a Skylanderdish style, but I don't think that will ever happen, no matter how much Nintendo América has been insisting on this idea to Nintendo HQ.

nintendo have actually released a amiibo dedicated game, its called 'animal crossing amiibo festival'......
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
First | Previous | Page 16 of 29 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 27 28 29

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me